Page 12 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Playstation Plus

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    Holy shit. I turned on my PS3 for the first time in a long time to try out Dust 514 and there's like $150 worth of free games to download through PS Plus. Where the hell was I at when those were all announced? LBP2, inFAMOUS 2, Ratchet and Clank, and Warhammer 40k for free? Sony's stepped up their game.
    Didn't notice this when I made fun of you earlier ... look at the top of the page You even replied to JB when he was talking about his (related) lack of disc space!

Then Sony comes out and shows off a bunch of multiplatform titles, Battle Royale(LOL), and a new God of War which is just coming across as rehash to me. The only thing worthwhile they showed was The Last of Us.
    You must have just totally missed the announcement, plus missed me and JB talking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingpin32 View Post
    E3. It's tempting me to get a membership, or at least use this 30 days for free card I have somewhere.
    I'm 99% sure this is a bad idea. I believe everything that you get free with PS Plus expires when your subscription expires. I think the discounted titles are still yours, but the free ones are not . So unless you think you'll finish whatever games you're going to get within 30 days ....
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Break out the fireworks for the July 3rd PlayStation Store update, where PlayStation Plus members will be able to download Gotham City Impostors, Pac-Man Championship Edition DX, and Renegade Ops for FREE!
    PS Blog

NICE ... I was just about to buy Gotham City Impostors on 360 when it went on sale but held off.

Pac-Man DX is digital crack. I purposely forced myself not to buy it because of the time suck that would've followed. But how can you turn down free crack?

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G on the Sprint Now Network, using Tapatalk 2.0.

twitter: the_EDJ

Quote Originally Posted by EDJ View Post
    Pac-Man DX is digital crack. I purposely forced myself not to buy it because of the time suck that would've followed. But how can you turn down free crack?

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G on the Sprint Now Network, using Tapatalk 2.0.

twitter: the_EDJ
    Exactly! I purchased that crack on day one though.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
    The dude abides.

Couple of quality titles for free tomorrow for PS+ users. One I have already (Outland) and one I don't (Bloodrayne).

Outland and Bloodrayne Betrayal free with PlayStation Plus tomorrow

I've been mulling this for some time. Is it still $50 for a year? Also what titles are generally given for free each month? If I got it tonight when I got home on PSN what titles are available to download for free before the new ones come out? I assume that these "free" titles there is a time period before the offers expire and you have to download them within X period of time before you have to pay for it again? I'd likely "only" use it for the free games and auto updates but it looks like there are several decent titles that have been put out recently that I would enjoy playing.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    I've been mulling this for some time. Is it still $50 for a year? Also what titles are generally given for free each month? If I got it tonight when I got home on PSN what titles are available to download for free before the new ones come out? I assume that these "free" titles there is a time period before the offers expire and you have to download them within X period of time before you have to pay for it again? I'd likely "only" use it for the free games and auto updates but it looks like there are several decent titles that have been put out recently that I would enjoy playing.
    Yeah still $50.

I'm not sure what you mean by generally what titles are given for free...

You'd have to look in the PS Store for what's available, there is a new releases section, a last chance section, and then other sections like full games, themes, etc.

Yes, you have to at least "purchase" the games so they show up in "My Purchases", there is a time period when games are no longer on there for free. I'm not sure if the bunch of retail games that were free are still on there or not from a month or two ago.

It is very nice that it installs patches automatically.

IGN did a pretty nice breakdown on the first year of PS Plus, and I think the service has only improved since then. The only thing to keep in mind with PS Plus is that you have to maintain the subscription to play the "free" titles. Discounts you get to keep.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    IGN did a pretty nice breakdown on the first year of PS Plus, and I think the service has only improved since then. The only thing to keep in mind with PS Plus is that you have to maintain the subscription to play the "free" titles. Discounts you get to keep.
    The left out the most important part: Whether these free games come with Trophies!

The left out the most important part: Whether these free games come with Trophies!
    Yeah, you're getting the full retail game.

The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Yeah, you're getting the full retail game.

I was only semi-joking. Just got the 1yr subscription and I'm downloading a TON of games. Hell I think it has already paid for itself with Infamous2 Laura Croft; etc....

Problem: My harddrive will not handle all the files. I'm going to have to buy a new hardrive and transfer all this to the PS3. Any recommendations as to the size of the hard drive?

I was only semi-joking. Just got the 1yr subscription and I'm downloading a TON of games. Hell I think it has already paid for itself with Infamous2 Laura Croft; etc....

Problem: My harddrive will not handle all the files. I'm going to have to buy a new hardrive and transfer all this to the PS3. Any recommendations as to the size of the hard drive?
    I use a 320 and it's almost full that should work for you.

The dude abides.

I'd say just play the ones you want, then delete them. You can always re-download anything you've previously purchased (free games count as purchases). All you have to do is check out with it in your cart, you don't have to actually download it to go into your backlog.

O.K. with all the Amazon and AT&T credit I have I decided to go with a 1TB hard drive and 1TB external drive to backup/transfer the data to the new hard drive. I noticed that my external hard drive needs to be formatted to FAT 32. Anyone know the best/easiest way to do this. Seeing conflicting info about how much can be done on a windows PC. I need at a minimum 60GB to get all of my PS3.

O.K. with all the Amazon and AT&T credit I have I decided to go with a 1TB hard drive and 1TB external drive to backup/transfer the data to the new hard drive. I noticed that my external hard drive needs to be formatted to FAT 32. Anyone know the best/easiest way to do this. Seeing conflicting info about how much can be done on a windows PC. I need at a minimum 60GB to get all of my PS3.
    Let me know how the 1TB works for you. I'm thinking about upgrading to store vids.

The dude abides.

Let me know how the 1TB works for you. I'm thinking about upgrading to store vids.

Yeah it was only like $20 difference and it was "free" so I just went with the "bigger is better" moto. I found a youtube video on how to format a 1 TB HDD to FAT32 so I hope it all works out. I am seeing reports that FAT32 means it will not keep files larger than 4GB. If that is the case it looks like transfering some of the full PS3 games may be impossible? However, G said I could just redownload them so maybe that is the work around.

Yeah it was only like $20 difference and it was "free" so I just went with the "bigger is better" moto. I found a youtube video on how to format a 1 TB HDD to FAT32 so I hope it all works out. I am seeing reports that FAT32 means it will not keep files larger than 4GB. If that is the case it looks like transfering some of the full PS3 games may be impossible? However, G said I could just redownload them so maybe that is the work around.
    Yeah I don't think you can transfer full games anyways....only your save files and data. You'll have to redownload the games anyways. Doing the backup and restore is the only way to get save files over though.

Yeah I don't think you can transfer full games anyways....only your save files and data. You'll have to redownload the games anyways. Doing the backup and restore is the only way to get save files over though.
    So when I re-download these games how does that work? Do I just go to the PSStore search for the titles I have either purchased or got from PS+ and redownload? How will I know I'm not being charged for them?

So when I re-download these games how does that work? Do I just go to the PSStore search for the titles I have either purchased or got from PS+ and redownload? How will I know I'm not being charged for them?
    There is an area called "my downloads" up in the top right corner which will show you everything you've purchased or downloaded from the store (like demos). You won't have to pay for them again, it will just be a button that says download.