Page 1 of 46 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Playstation Plus

• Facebook
  • Display

Playstation Plus

IGN has a list of details here:

Sony has announced the first details for PlayStation Plus, a subscription-based model for PlayStation Network set to launch on June 29 in all territories.

As revealed at E3, all the current features available for free on PlayStation Network will remain free. A one-year subscription will cost $49.99. Additionally, a three-month package is available for $17.99.

At launch, subscribers will get Wipeout HD, PSP minis, and PS One Classics, such as Fieldrunners, Age of Zombies and Rally Cross. A full game trial of Infamous, and free monthly episodes of Qore are also available.

Any free game you download will remain yours as long as you are a PlayStation Plus subscriber.

"If your subscription lapses and then you re-subscribe, the games you have already downloaded will reactivate, so you still have access to them," Sony says.

"Additionally, if you delete one of the titles from your PS3, but decide you want to get it back, then you can re-download from the PlayStation Plus section of the PSN Store if the game is still there, or, if the game has expired from the PlayStation Plus section of the PSN Store, you can simply search for it on PS Store and download it again at no extra cost."

Sony has outlined additional PlayStation Plus subscriber info:

- Free monthly PSN games, minis and PS One Classics from the PSN Store. Sony has not specified what games and how many will be available each month.

- Exclusive dynamic themes, premium avatars and premium game elements/add-ons.

- PlayStation Store discounts ranging from 20% to 50% off.

- Select demos and beta trials before they go live to everyone else.

PlayStation Plus members can also try full game titles before buying them. Each trail will typically last an hour before you must choose to purchase the game. Any progress you made in the trial period, including game saves and trophies earned, will carry over into the full game once purchased.

You will also be able to set up your PS3 to wake up from standby at anytime to download and install game updates, videos and demos. System updates can also automatically download, but will require a manual install.

Sony also answered some of your burning questions. Like, what's the deal with cross-game voice chat?

"Cross-game voice chat is a feature we know our passionate user base has asked for and we'll continue to look at as a viable offering for the PlayStation Network," Sony said.

Free monthly PSN games, minis and PS One Classics from the PSN Store. Sony has not specified what games and how many will be available each month.

PlayStation Store discounts ranging from 20% to 50% off.

Select demos and beta trials before they go live to everyone else.

PlayStation Plus members can also try full game titles before buying them. Each trail will typically last an hour before you must choose to purchase the game. Any progress you made in the trial period, including game saves and trophies earned, will carry over into the full game once purchased.

"Cross-game voice chat is a feature we know our passionate user base has asked for and we'll continue to look at as a viable offering for the PlayStation Network," Sony said.
    Definitely getting this...for these reasons above and more.

That is very nice.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Wow. Pretty nice. Now, if they implement it correctly they may have one upped Microsoft.

I've said all along that if they come out with a premium service I'd pay for it. Considering the service practically pays for itself, it's a no brainer.

Damn this sounds good actually. I paid for Xbox live and that was only to play online, so this isn't that bad

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    I've said all along that if they come out with a premium service I'd pay for it. Considering the service practically pays for itself, it's a no brainer.
    Yep. $50 gift card sitting here waiting to use Tuesday.

The announcement of Playstation Plus made me very glad I never got around to paying for Wipeout.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

I hope they allow you to use a network card to pay for it. I believe I read it on the PS Blog that you'll be able to purchase it just like any other game on the store. I've had $60 or so sitting in there forever because nothing has peaked my interest to buy, but I'm definitely signing up for this the second it goes live. Not only is it a great deal, but you get an additional 3 months for free if you sign up for a year within the first few days it launches.

Yeah I'm very excited for this tomorrow.....

I hope they allow you to use a network card to pay for it. I believe I read it on the PS Blog that you'll be able to purchase it just like any other game on the store.
    I saw it mentioned somewhere that you can use CC or PSN Cards, so you're good to go. I picked up a $50 card last week just for PSN+. Is there any word of a new FW update coming tonight or tomorrow in preparation for it?

There almost has to be a firmware update. PS3s aren't currently capable of scheduling automatic updates, and I'm pretty sure subscribers get a special plus sign next to their name on people's friend's list, so both of those are things that would need to be added through a firmware update. I'm guessing we'll see the full details on it today on the PS Blog and it'll go live sometime around 11pm EST tonight like they always do.

Will this be all games or just a few select games? If it is all games, will the game be available on release day or sometime later?

Select games and the first one is inFAMOUS, so I guess they're not always new releases. The details are really sketchy on which games and demos will be available. I'm pretty sure you get Wipeout HD with your first month, which is awesome considering I was thinking about buying it before it was announced it would be included with Plus.

I have to look to see if I bought Wipeout...I think I did when it went on sale

There almost has to be a firmware update. PS3s aren't currently capable of scheduling automatic updates, and I'm pretty sure subscribers get a special plus sign next to their name on people's friend's list, so both of those are things that would need to be added through a firmware update. I'm guessing we'll see the full details on it today on the PS Blog and it'll go live sometime around 11pm EST tonight like they always do.
    Bingo! FW 3.40 Adds PlayStation Plus, enhanced Facebook, user ratings.

Haha, told ya. I'm excited. I haven't seen a FW update in like 3 months.

Great update, too. Especially looking forward to trying out the video editor/uploader, Facebook, and of course, PS +. Like I said earlier, this will probably go love around 11pm or 12am EST. That's usually the standard for these things.

Yeah it'll be neat to see the little "Happy Meal Toy" we'll get every month as a freebie....the Qore subscription is nice too....I don't have to steal CDJ's using gameshare any more

Just got my PS+ set up! I see a couple of golden pluses already on my friends list

I already have Wipeout HD .... QUACK

Crap. Decisions, decisions. Only have about 10 gigs left on my current PS3. Maybe I'll have to splurge on that PS3 Slim after all ...
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud