Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: (Xbox 360) Official The Gaming Tailgate Dynasty League

• Facebook
  • Display
    Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    Thanks. I'm glad we are leaving the FCS teams alone.

I also wanted to say thanks for letting me join. A lot of people don't even know who I am. It's going to be weird playing with a good team. I'm always Baylor in NCAA and the 49ers in Madden.
    Absolutely man. Can't wait to get this going and have some fun playing with you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Solidice View Post
    2010 schedules for our teams(Bold = user game)

West Virginia
    Spoiler: show

Sept. 4 - FCS team
    Sept. 10 - @Marshall
    Sept. 18 - Maryland
    Sept. 25 - @LSU
    Oct. 9 - UNLV
    Oct. 14 - South Florida
    Oct. 23 - Syracuse
    Oct. 29 - @Connecticut
    Nov. 13 - Cincinnati
    Nov. 20 - @Louisville
    Nov. 26 - @Pittsburgh
    Dec. 4 - Rutgers

South Florida

Sept. 4 - FCS team
    Sept. 11 - @Florida
    Sept. 25 - Western Kentucky
    Oct. 2 - Florida Atlantic
    Oct. 9 - Syracuse
    Oct. 14 - @West Virginia

Oct. 22 - @Cincinnati
    Nov. 3 - Rutgers
    Nov. 13 - @Louisville
    Nov. 20 - Pittsburgh
    Nov. 27 - @Miami(FL)
    Dec. 4 - Connecticut

Syracuse

Sept. 4 - @Akron
    Sept. 11 - @Washington
    Sept. 18 - FCS Team
    Sept. 25 - FCS Team
    Oct. 9 - @South Florida
    Oct. 16 - Pittsburgh
    Oct. 23 - @West Virginia
    Oct. 30 - @Cincinnati
    Nov. 6 - Louisville
    Nov. 13 - @Rutgers
    Nov. 20 - Connecticut
    Nov. 27 - Boston College

Michigan

Sept. 4 - Connecticut
    Sept. 11 - @Notre Dame
    Sept. 18 - FCS Team
    Sept. 25 - Bowling Green
    Oct. 2 - @Indiana
    Oct. 9 - Michigan State
    Oct. 16 - Iowa
    Oct. 30 - @Penn State
    Nov. 6 - Illinois
    Nov. 13 - @Purdue
    Nov. 20 - Wisconsin
    Nov. 27 - @Ohio State

Indiana

Sept. 2 - FCS Team
    Sept. 18 - @Western Kentucky
    Sept. 25 - Akron
    Oct. 2 - Michigan
    Oct. 9 - @Ohio State
    Oct. 16 - Arkansas State
    Oct. 23 - @Illinois
    Oct. 30 - Northwestern
    Nov. 6 - Iowa
    Nov. 13 - @Wisconsin
    Nov. 20 - Penn State
    Nov. 27 - @Purdue

Penn State

Sept. 4 - FCS Team
    Sept. 11 - @Alabama
    Sept. 18 - Kent State
    Sept. 25 - Temple
    Oct. 2 - @Iowa
    Oct. 9 - Illinois
    Oct. 23 - @Minnesota
    Oct. 30 - Michigan
    Nov. 6 - Northwestern
    Nov. 13 - @Ohio State
    Nov. 20 - Indiana
    Nov. 27 - Michigan State

Miami

Sept. 2 - FCS Team
    Sept. 11 - @Ohio State
    Sept. 23 - @Pittsburgh
    Oct. 2 - @Clemson
    Oct. 9 - Florida State
    Oct. 16 - @Duke
    Oct. 23 - North Carolina
    Oct. 30 - @Virginia
    Nov. 6 - Maryland
    Nov. 13 - Georgia Tech
    Nov. 20 - Virginia Tech
    Nov. 27 - South Florida

Virginia Tech

Sept. 6 - Boise State
    Sept. 11 - FCS Team
    Sept. 18 - East Carolina
    Sept. 25 - @Boston College
    Oct. 2 - @NC State
    Oct. 9 - Central Michigan
    Oct. 16 - Wake Forest
    Oct. 23 - Duke
    Nov. 4 - Georgia Tech
    Nov. 13 - North Carolina
    Nov. 20 - @Miami(FL)
    Nov. 27 - Virginia

Maryland

Sept. 6 - Navy
    Sept. 11 - FCS Team
    Sept. 18 - @West Virginia
    Sept. 25 - FIU
    Oct. 2 - Duke
    Oct. 16 - @Clemson
    Oct. 23 - @Boston College
    Oct. 30 - Wake Forest
    Nov. 6 - @Miami(FL)
    Nov. 13 - @Virginia
    Nov. 20 - Florida State
    Nov. 27 - NC State

Florida

Sept. 4 - Miami(OH)
    Sept. 11 - South Florida
    Sept. 18 - @Tennessee
    Sept. 28 - Kentucky
    Oct. 2 - @Alabama
    Oct. 9 - LSU
    Oct. 16 - Mississippi State
    Oct. 30 - Georgia (Neutral Site)
    Nov. 6 - Vanderbilt
    Nov. 13 - South Caolina
    Nov. 20 - FCS Team
    Nov. 27 - Florida State

Alabama

Sept. 4 - San Jose State
    Sept. 11 - Penn State
    Sept. 18 - @Duke
    Sept. 25 - @Arkansas
    Oct. 2 - Florida
    Oct. 9 - @South Carolina
    Oct. 16 - Mississippi
    Oct. 23 - @Tennessee
    Nov. 6 - @LSU
    Nov. 13 - Mississippi State
    Nov. 20 - FCS Team
    Nov. 26 - Auburn

LSU

Sept. 4 - North Carolina
    Sept. 11 - @Vanderbilt
    Sept. 18 - Mississippi State
    Sept. 25 - West Virginia
    Oct. 2 - Tennessee
    Oct. 9 - @Florida
    Oct. 16 - FCS Team
    Oct. 23 - @Auburn
    Nov. 6 - Alabama
    Nov. 13 - UL Monroe
    Nov. 20 - Mississippi
    Nov. 27 - Arkansas
    Great post !!!

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    Most definitely. We will not be playing the FCS team.
    I'm very glad for this as well .. Crimson Tide is Coming !!

So I saw a lot of talk about rules and no rules and what we should do. Are we waiting til the game comes out to hammer these out or are they open for debate? Just wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by HawkFan View Post
    So I saw a lot of talk about rules and no rules and what we should do. Are we waiting til the game comes out to hammer these out or are they open for debate? Just wondering.
    Absolutely open for debate, but currently I'm waiting to get the game in my hands to see if there are any glaring issues that crop up.

My two cents is this.

Recruiting wise I have been in dynasty's that have done it both ways. And it has worked both ways, but with this years game and the differences in recruiting from last year to this year I think we should play the first season without any recruiting restrictions and see what happens. I mean all the people in this so far seem like pretty reasonable people and seem like they would see a problem if there was one and want to make a change if it would help the competitiveness, longevity, and fun of a dynasty.

Play wise, although everyone in this dynasty seems like a great person I think we should at least write out some rules for game play, that way everyone has some sort of idea what is acceptable and what is frowned upon in this dynasty. I do not think people would rocket catch or scramble all over with the qb if we did not make these rules but it's a good idea to have them just in case.

Lastly, I think it would be cool of all the member of the dynasty would post their teams and the top three offensive playbooks and top two defensive playbooks they would be using. By no means does this mean those are the only playbooks you are limited to but it would add a bit of scouting into our dynasty. I think it would be cool to be able to look at my opponent coming up and see what they may or may not be able to do with their team and the playbooks they have listed. I realize this probably would not be able to be done until the game comes out.

Let me know what you guys think.

Lastly, I think it would be cool of all the member of the dynasty would post their teams and the top three offensive playbooks and top two defensive playbooks they would be using. By no means does this mean those are the only playbooks you are limited to but it would add a bit of scouting into our dynasty. I think it would be cool to be able to look at my opponent coming up and see what they may or may not be able to do with their team and the playbooks they have listed. I realize this probably would not be able to be done until the game comes out.

I plan on doing a preseason write-up for my team so be on the look out for that.

Oh and one more thing...ROMO, YOU ARE GOING DOWN BUDDY.....GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!! :p

My two cents is this.

All of that is great and I certainly agree.

I'm of the feeling that everyone should have posted somewhere what playbooks they are using no matter what and hopefully keep them up to date. You most definitely don't have to stick with a playbook once you choose it, but it would be nice to know what ones people are using so that the Users playing against you have an idea of what to expect, even if it's just knowing that you're using the Florida offensive playbook and the 3-4 defensive playbook.

In other dynasties I've been in, we'd have a specific thread used to "scout" users by talking about some of their tendencies, how effective they were at certain things, and maybe a play or two that we picked up on that they liked to use in certain situations.

In other dynasties I've been in, we'd have a specific thread used to "scout" users by talking about some of their tendencies, how effective they were at certain things, and maybe a play or two that we picked up on that they liked to use in certain situations.
    I love that idea, kind of like coaches talking to each other about what a certain team did against them.

Recruit
    Should we not use the default playbooks for our teams?

How are we going to handle formation subs? Will the be allowed? In certain packages, like the Gator package, I'll want a faster QB in there. Will that be okay?

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    Should we not use the default playbooks for our teams?

How are we going to handle formation subs? Will the be allowed? In certain packages, like the Gator package, I'll want a faster QB in there. Will that be okay?
    You can use whatever playbooks you want. I know I probably won't be using WVU's default playbook because it's probably going to be terrible because we can't decide if we want to be a spread team or a pro style offense so we do both poorly.

As for formation subs, it remains to be seen if bringing in a LB at the DE spot or a safety to the LB spot truly makes a difference to the point of their increased speed causing the OL not to block right (which was the reason why people were against moving LBs to DEs in '09 and '10).

I'm going to attempt to do some tests by putting a safety or corner at DE to see if the OL push them around more than a player with more strength (probably put a DT there or something). Hopefully, putting someone at DE with very little strength will enable the OTs to maul the hell out of them in the run game, like it would in real life.

As for bringing in the same position in for a certain formation, that's absolutely ok.

Yeah I have no problem what so ever with people using formation subs as long as it does not get out of hand. I mean a wr or rb should not be in at qb for any reason but the wildcat or because all the rest of your qb's are hurt. I like the idea of testing out whether putting a safety or mis-aligned player in a position they are not built for has an effect either way on them.

Playbook wise I definitely do not see why we can not use whatever playbook we want. I mean I know I am not going to use Syracuse's playbook, I want them to go back to the old style of Cuse football, where they ran some option but also had a decent passing game.

Looking at the matrix videos, with all the 'speed' at defense, with the nickel and dime blitzes he was using, he was getting pushed around. I think it will be better. However it definitely remains to be fully seen. For the first time in a couple years, I will have to look at the playbooks to understand what I want to use.

I normally use the 4-2-5 on defense, have been for years now in NCAA series. I might make the switch to 3-4 though. Texas Tech will be using it in real life, and I think Maryland uses it(not sure, I don't know that much about Maryland). but just going by what the other ACC teams' offenses are, I'll probably do better in either a 4-3 or 3-4.

on offense, I'll probably stick with Maryland's playbook. if I do switch, it'll be to either a one back or more likely a multiple offense playbook. I see that Maryland has a couple of mobile QBs on the roster(including the starter), so a multiple offense playbook might work out nice. it all depend on what Maryland's playbook looks like.

Well I know for sure the defensive playbook I will be using and that's the 4-3 playbook. I have used it ever since I started playing these games and I am not going to change it now.

Offensively I may be looking to use the pistol formation, so I will be looking at Indiana, Ohio and Nevada's playbook. If I do not like any of those I will probably go with a multiple set playbook along the lines of FSU, LSU or Penn State.

For USF, the offense is tailor-made for the spread. BJ Daniels is big, athletic, agile and has a cannon for an arm. The receivers are big and fast, with Shields, Bogan and Richardson the wr corps is one of the best in the conference. So I am planning on using the vertical passing game fairly often. Very little no-huddle though.

The starting defensive backfield is big and talented, and across the line they are very strong, good and fast. I have 3 90+ DTs, so to use a 3-4 would nullify that, but I also have 2 92+ MLB's, so a 4-3 nullifies that. Lately I've been switching to a 3-4 set, so I'll probably go with that, and really rotate my D-line with form subs. With my backfield, I'll probably use a lot of man blitz schemes.

If the WVU rosters stay pretty much the same rating wise (which I assume they will with the named rosters basically just making small changes here or there and adding people), I'm probably going to be starting a true freshman at QB in Barry Brunetti (QB#5 on the roster) over Geno Smith and Coley White (who should be at WR instead of QB since he'll mainly be used there). Kid has got a live arm (92 thp) with decent accuracy (85 tha) and still has some wheels (82 spd, 86 agl, and 89 acc).

Obviously will be using Devine at HB but Ryan Clark (FB#32) is a monster short yardage back (who WVU uses for short yardage in real life) and we have a whole stable of HBs with speed behind Devine:

Tevon Austin 92 spd, 96 accel, 91 juke
    Shawne Alston 88 spd, 95 accel, 86 brk tkl
    Daquan Hargrett 94 spd, 88 accel
    and I think the last guy is the new guy Trey Johnson with 96 spd, and 82 accel though I think they have him backwards a bit as one of his big recruiting points was his burst of acceleration but he isn't incredibly fast - hopefully that gets fixed

We are severely lacking at WR, especially since our big pick up last year in recruiting Logan Heastie basically flunked out of WVU and transferred. Stedman Bailey has shown flashes of brilliance, but nothing consistent. After Jock Sanders we have Bradley Starks, who converted from QB to WR his Freshman year and has done fairly well but beyond those two, the least I could say is we have holes.

For my playing style, TE will need some upgrades very soon (one Sr and one Jr at the moment).

For the OL, I'm going to have to immediately come in and make a splash for some decent replacements for the right side as I'll most likely be losing 2 to graduation and maybe one to draft (90 ovr LT will most likely progress to 93 or 94 by the end of the year and be ready to get his money from the NFL). Some tough shoes to fill on that OL.

Like always, our defense is perfect for the switch to the 3-4 defense that I love to run though our linebacking core's coverage abilities certainly leave something to be desired.

Corner is yet another area that needs to be vastly improved immediately. Will have at least two CBs graduating, with only one decent one coming back. Going to have my work cut out for me there. Definitely more of a man coverage group here than zone though the nickle and dime corners certainly have some great speed and zone coverage abilities as well.

FS is where we have our ballhawking 6'5" tackle machine. Will probably end up losing him early as well because he's on the preseason Nagurski watch list in real life which usually translates to easy entrance for the award on the game.

At SS we have a killer hitter with lots of depth behind him. Not necessarily great depth, but depth none the same.

At Kicker we have an INCREDIBLY good Sophomore kicker (not sure he's anywhere close to being that good in real life but I'll take it )

At Punter, again, pretty damn good player who, in real life, probably isn't that good. Senior so I will be searching for a punter right out of the gate as well.

With the above information, looks like I'll probably be going to a one back offense or some type of uptempo spread to take advantage of what speed we have on the field (wish the RB depth I had could actually catch the damn ball, I'd move some of them to WR instead, but, sadly, they can't catch a freakin' cold).

Are we getting a seperate forum or will all discussion be in this thread?

I could move it to the donator section and all but then people wouldn't be able to read it and since it's the Official TGT Dynasty, we want people to be able to read it and find it.

I'll leave the decision up to CDJ and such.

I could move it to the donator section and all but then people wouldn't be able to read it and since it's the Official TGT Dynasty, we want people to be able to read it and find it.

I'll leave the decision up to CDJ and such.
    I for one like it here. However, I would like a link from the front page to make it easy to access. Especially since it IS The Official TGTD. Maybe if PS3 gets one too, put 2 links, 1 for PS and one for Box.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
    I for one like it here. However, I would like a link from the front page to make it easy to access. Especially since it IS The Official TGTD. Maybe if PS3 gets one too, put 2 links, 1 for PS and one for Box.
    I think that's an excellent idea, but, again, that's up to CDJ and such.