Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 Week 1 College Football Games

• Facebook
  • Display
    Damn, there goes the shutout.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    UNT has Dunbar but after him they're a bunch of question marks. That plus a new coach does not make a good combination, especially early part of the season.
    Oh yeah, I know all about Dunbar. He abused me (well, my CPU defense I suppose) in my dynasty.

And yeah, since adopting FIU as a team that I'm a fan of, I'm still trying to learn all the Sun Belt teams in real life. I know them in the game, but since real life plays a lot differently than NCAA 12, it's sort of like starting new right now. I know about Sun Belt basketball since I've been a fan of the Denver Pioneers in college basketball for years now, but pretty much new to the football side of the conference.

wisconsin hasnt lost a beat from last year. they're looking scary good against unlv. looks can be deceiving though.

Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
    wisconsin hasnt lost a beat from last year. they're looking scary good against unlv. looks can be deceiving though.
    It is UNLV though. I don't know anyone, at least amongst friends and co-workers, who actually thought this game would be closer than 30 points. Doesn't surprise me in the least.

On a separate note, great win tonight for Florida International! A great win to start the year and build some early momentum. Now just need Navy to come through on Saturday, and it's a perfect weekend for me.

Kentucky & WKU having a competition to see who can suck worse. Kentucky only 75 total yards with about 13 minutes left in the game. WKU is the same team as last year... great runningback but nobody around him. If Kentucky had a QB, they'd be up by 2-3 touchdowns.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Looks like the Holy Cross vs UMass game was a good one. Disappointed I didn't watch it after all.

Louisville only beats Murrey State 21-9. That's atrocious.

Syracuse pulls off the win in OT over Wake Forest with a TD and then holds Wake Forest out for the win.

Wish Time Warner here had Altitude so I could see the renovated Kibbie Dome.

Yeah, I have a lot to catch up on. Now that I know for sure which games suck and which are good, I'll have to watch Kentucky-Western Kentucky, Syracuse-Wake Forest, and watch the Holy Cross-UMass game that is currently sitting on my DVR at home.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    Kentucky & WKU having a competition to see who can suck worse. Kentucky only 75 total yards with about 13 minutes left in the game. WKU is the same team as last year... great runningback but nobody around him. If Kentucky had a QB, they'd be up by 2-3 touchdowns.
    This game was painful to watch, just ugly ugly.

Okay kids we finally get us some football tonight.

Whoops, forgot to set the DVR.

Oh well. Too late now.

So for those of you that went through the 120 team nickname quiz... did you guys at least know that Arkansas State is an FBS school? This dumbass writer didn't.
    http://www.hailtotheorange.com/2011/9/2/2399263/illinois-fighting-illini-arkansas-state-preview-the-2011-season-begins

It's one thing to be an ignorant fan, I can accept that, but to be a supposed writer (even for a blog site), and not know what schools are FBS, you should hang yourself with the cord from your keyboard. I honestly give us a 40% chance of beating them outright look at Indiana, Iowa, Texas A&M, & Texas over the last four seasons... it's certainly possible, especially with our offense and a new aggressive defense. And if that happens, I will go to his site and laugh at his ass to no end.

As is tradition around here, the preview for the FCS game will be an elitist one, where I really don't analyze the opponent with any real intensity. Sue me, but if we actually have to worry about any of the match ups against an FCS team, then we are doomed anyway. (Besides, you can't get FCS teams to play against in NCAA on the Xbox.)
    Not only is he wrong he acts like a complete dick while doing so.

P.S. Could be related to RamJackson dude who posts here?

That writer =

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Not only is he wrong he acts like a complete dick while doing so.

P.S. Could be related to RamJackson dude who posts here?

Game time

Rooting for Baylor in this one. Nothing against TCU, just want to see the upset and win for the Big 12.

Thanks ESPN hiring another moderately hot sideline reporter that does not actually sound like a man.

Damn, TCU defense is soft.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Damn, TCU defense is soft.
    Their offense isn't.

Missed XP could come back to haunt the Frogs.

Just happy to see some offense after watching that Kentucky/W Kentucky game last night.

Also, I'd be surprised if TCU gave up another TD so easily this game. Baylor has talent on offense, but TCU's defense is straight up nasty, even if they lost like half their starters to graduation last year.