Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: 2011 Week 1 College Football Games

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Honestly, I'd rather watch a game played in Georgia's uniforms any day over Maryland's. Those are an abortion of a uniform.
    couldn't agree more

Honestly, I'd rather watch a game played in Georgia's uniforms any day over Maryland's. Those are an abortion of a uniform.
    you are just witnessing a cross over period like when they first realized they could put logos and stripes and colors on helmets..technology has gotten to the point where they can do intricate designs and they are pushing the envelope. But it will balance out eventually... i wouldnt mind the Ducks uni's so much if they at least used an emerald or cobalt green LOL, not 80s day-glo crap....actually,cobalt is kind of day glo LOL

Its also because..in a small way, I think...they tightened the sleeves on uniforms and got rid of the sleeve stripes that made uniforms distinct from each other..they are putting the sleeve stripe on the rest of the uniform so to speak with design ideas

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    What in the hell are those uniforms supposed to represent? Is there something in Maryland lore that indicates that they should have plaid on the jersey?

Please tell me this is the last team that does this crap.... I mean hell Maryland makes Oregon look like Penn State....

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    What in the hell are those uniforms supposed to represent? Is there something in Maryland lore that indicates that they should have plaid on the jersey?
    the crest, secondary logo/ endzone design..i'm pretty sure

Still, when they actually started the game back up for a little bit, they could have dumped it on ESPNU, ESPN News, ESPN Classic, or one of their other billion networks.
    I didn't sit there any watch for every blip of it, but from what I could tell, since the NASCAR event was also in a rain delay, when the West Virginia game was back underway, it went back to being shown on ESPN. They only continued to show the NASCAR talking heads when Marshall/WVU went into its second lightning delay.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    the crest, secondary logo/ endzone design..i'm pretty sure
    Aka the Maryland flag.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    I didn't sit there any watch for every blip of it, but from what I could tell, since the NASCAR event was also in a rain delay, when the West Virginia game was back underway, it went back to being shown on ESPN. They only continued to show the NASCAR talking heads when Marshall/WVU went into its second lightning delay.
    That's exactly what it was. The game came back on for like 25 minutes before the rain delay happened again. Then it was delayed until they finally decided to call the game.

Ah, ok. They must not have resumed the game broadcast on ESPN when I looked. I read that the teams were out on the field and warming up before resuming play, and I had turned on ESPN, but they were still talking about NASCAR. Guess I checked too early before they picked the football game broadcast back up.

helmet has to do with the State flag as well....edit = what jeff already said

Still ugly as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarhead10 View Post
    Please tell me this is the last team that does this crap.... I mean hell Maryland makes Oregon look like Penn State....
    Unfortunately we still have new Nike Pro Combat Unis coming our way.

http://www.nike.com/nikeos/p/usnikef.../procombat2011

Michigan St Oct 15th
    LSU Oct 22nd
    Ohio St Oct 29th
    Stanford Nov 26th

and they are making uniforms for the Army/Navy game in December.

Plus Adidas will be treating us to throwback unis next week for the ND/Mich game to celebrate the first night game at Michigan Stadium

http://blog.eastbay.com/all/adidas-u...dame-uniforms/

I still do not get the grey uniform option for Oklahoma State but once again Nike just loves to jack things up. There should be a rule that your unis should be limited to your school colors and grey is not one of their school colors.

Eh, at least none of those teams are with Under Armor. Nike has had some decent Pro Combats.

Some of them could be concerning, but I'm not worried about Army/Navy. I think Nike's going to do everything it can to make the Army/Navy PC's perfect for both academies.

Still ugly as hell.
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Unfortunately we still have new Nike Pro Combat Unis coming our way.

http://www.nike.com/nikeos/p/usnikef.../procombat2011

Michigan St Oct 15th
    LSU Oct 22nd
    Ohio St Oct 29th
    Stanford Nov 26th

and they are making uniforms for the Army/Navy game in December.

Plus Adidas will be treating us to throwback unis next week for the ND/Mich game to celebrate the first night game at Michigan Stadium

http://blog.eastbay.com/all/adidas-u...dame-uniforms/

I still do not get the grey uniform option for Oklahoma State but once again Nike just loves to jack things up. There should be a rule that your unis should be limited to your school colors and grey is not one of their school colors.

surprising as this may be, it actually is considered part of the school colors because of logo..its one of the borders on logo and check out the bottom of this pdf page....color squares

http://www.okstate.edu/osu_orgs/ice/logos.pdf

Guess I'm in the minority.

I liked Maryland's uniforms. In fact, I like as much craziness as possible in college football. I wish more teams would get "unique" uniforms and non-green fields. Obviously, there needs to be some traditional stuff like Penn St. to balance it out but I'm all for any school going against the grain to give themselves something original and unique to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't mind originality and creativity. In fact, I'd prefer it, more often than not, to the boilerplate uniforms that Nike and Under Armour give us.

But those uniforms were like the state flag had puked all over them.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    Guess I'm in the minority.

I liked Maryland's uniforms. In fact, I like as much craziness as possible in college football. I wish more teams would get "unique" uniforms and non-green fields. Obviously, there needs to be some traditional stuff like Penn St. to balance it out but I'm all for any school going against the grain to give themselves something original and unique to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Since you posted...I would like to say I like USM's new helmets. Any idea what the other 2 options are? Hope Ole Miss gets to wear their Grey's this year or maybe a Pro Combat jersey down the road.