2011 Week 1 College Football Games

It's time

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    It's time

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    It's time
    . Man this is great!!!!

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Eh, I probably won't be watching any of the games as I have a 'Skins preseason game to watch instead.

Really, almost all of the games tonight suck. I'll be watching North Texas-Florida International on ESPN3, and will DVR UMass-Holy Cross since I need to go up to work tonight, and the later I take to go, in the longer into the night I have to sit up there, and I can't say I feel like sitting at work until 3 or 4am.

Overall, really a disappointing opening night.

Can't wait for tomorrow.

There are some interesting matchups today. Especially FBC vs FCS

You have Villanova which made the Semis of last years playoffs against a Temple team that had a winning season. Last year Temple only won this game by 7.

Montana State beat Colorado a few years ago and they were fairly descent last year so Utah better be on it's toes.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Really, almost all of the games tonight suck. I'll be watching North Texas-Florida International on ESPN3, and will DVR UMass-Holy Cross since I need to go up to work tonight, and the later I take to go, in the longer into the night I have to sit up there, and I can't say I feel like sitting at work until 3 or 4am.

Overall, really a disappointing opening night.
    First look at Russell Wilson is the most interesting thing of the night.

Meh, Wisconsin's going to bitch slap UNLV. I'd rather watch games that are going to be close or have a chance to be close, than watch blowouts. Which is why 95% of the games this weekend I'm not even going to bother watching. They're all going to be 30-50 point blowouts because the BCS conference teams are a bunch of fucking pussies who don't have the fucking balls to play a team worth a fuck, but instead schedule FCS teams or the suck-ass lower tier FBS teams.
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 09-01-2011 at 02:32 PM.

I think the Nova bs Temple game will be interesting.

I'm also intrigued to watch Russell Wilson as well.

If for nothing else it is COLLEGE FOOTBALL season!!!!

Meh, Wisconsin's going to bitch slap UNLV. I'd rather watch games that are going to be close or have a chance to be close, than watch blowouts. Which is why 95% of the games this weekend I'm not even going to bother watching. They're all going to be 30-50 point blowouts because the BCS conference teams are a bunch of fucking pussies who don't have the fucking balls to play a team worth a fuck, but instead schedule FCS teams or the suck-ass lower tier FBS teams.
    Never forget (I know they were not a low-tier FBS team but all of Michigan treated them that way). Also James Madison was an average team last year but they beat VT.

http://michigan.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=708561

Also it appears they did not learn their lesson

http://www.mgoblue.com/sports/m-foot...082511aad.html
    Last edited by bdoughty; 09-01-2011 at 05:31 PM.

Well yeah, there's going to be an upset here and there. But for the most part 95% of those games are going to be 30-50 point blowouts. Right now, there are only about 7 or 8 games this entire weekend, from tonight through Monday night that I have any interest in actually sitting down and watching.

Finally, time for my second most anticipated game of this weekend. North Texas at Florida International. Thank god, the ESPN app on Xbox Live is still working for me, so I can watch it in 37" HDTV goodness rather than on a 19" laptop screen.

And the DVR is set to record UMass-Holy Cross at 8pm, so I'll have something to watch when I got home in the middle of the night sometime from work.

Son of a bitch. North Texas-FIU is in a weather delay. I guess New Hampshire-Toledo will do for now.

Damn FIU has a hell of a team this year. T.Y. Hilton took the opening kickoff 62 yards down to the North Texas 29 yard line, then they needed just 4 plays from scrimmage to find the end zone and go up just a minute and 40 seconds into the game.

I wish they could have scheduled a game between two relevant schools tonight.

Jesus T.Y. Hilton is explosive! 62 yard kickoff return on the opening kickoff down to the North Texas 29. Then after the FIU defense stopped North Texas on 4th down, on the first play on offense Hilton hauls in a 60 yard touchdown pass to put the Golden Panthers up 14-0 in just 5 offensive plays.

Yep... T.Y. Hilton is very solid but without him, FIU would be a SBC cellar dweller.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    Yep... T.Y. Hilton is very solid but without him, FIU would be a SBC cellar dweller.
    Sadly you may be right. Wesley Carroll does a solid job at QB, and Darriet Perry is a beast at HB, but this FIU team would not be the same without the explosiveness of T.Y. Hilton.

Hopefully they can win the Sun Belt outright this year instead of sharing it, and send Carroll, Perry, Hilton and the rest out on top. Troy's won or shared the title every year since 2006. Someone needs to put an end to it.

Alright, how the hell was I not able to beat North Texas in the first season of my FIU dynasty? These guys are just steamrolling NT right now. 2 minutes left in the 1st quarter, and Hilton already has 149 all-purpose yards. Perry and Kedrick Rhodes are just tearing up North Texas on the ground. I'm ashamed of losing that game right now.

Alright, how the hell was I not able to beat North Texas in the first season of my FIU dynasty? These guys are just steamrolling NT right now. 2 minutes left in the 1st quarter, and Hilton already has 149 all-purpose yards. Perry and Kedrick Rhodes are just tearing up North Texas on the ground. I'm ashamed of losing that game right now.
    UNT has Dunbar but after him they're a bunch of question marks. That plus a new coach does not make a good combination, especially early part of the season.