Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Gamestop Sucks thread of Opened New games and Stickers

• Facebook
  • Display
    I know that I am enjoying TGT a lot more now. It was either that or only post in the Rugby thread where a certain someone never posts. Still have to watch with the quotes of an ignored user as it does not block those. I enjoy what few IQ points I still have and prefer not to lose them by arguing with a fence post (an old western term).

Also Smooth, I always thought you were an old fart like me. You are just a pup but safe to say ones age does not reflect ones maturity.
    Last edited by bdoughty; 08-25-2011 at 10:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Also Smooth, I always thought you were an old fart like me.
    I always thought that, too. I think it's the avatar.

A visual representation of this thread:

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    The avatar definitely helped.

Quote Originally Posted by HWill View Post
    A visual representation of this thread:

Or a visualization of the future of the Ohio State Football Program.

Just teasing, anyway back on topic, a day later and it is still safe to say Gamestop sucks; the amount of suckage would be up there with Linda Lovelace in Deep Throat.
    Last edited by bdoughty; 08-25-2011 at 10:58 PM.

Well played, sir. Well played....

I know that I am enjoying TGT a lot more now. It was either that or only post in the Rugby thread where a certain someone never posts. Still have to watch with the quotes of an ignored user as it does not block those. I enjoy what few IQ points I still have and prefer not to lose them by arguing with a fence post (an old western term).

Also Smooth, I always thought you were an old fart like me. You are just a pup but safe to say ones age does not reflect ones maturity.
    Yeah, time to test this baby out. Maybe my sanity will return.

Nope, only 24. There's day I feel like an old fart and feel exactly like my avatar, but I'm really only actually in the mid-20s. And yeah, I've always been one of the most mature people I know around my age group, with many "adults" even pointing out how well and professionally I conduct and represent myself. And I've had tons of opportunities to expand upon that.

Was a Bonner Leader and Ambassador in college, represented the college in tons of things both on campus, and around the state and in some different activities that we traveled to around the nation, joined up with DECA at the suggestion of some of my friends (who were juniors at the time) all when I was still a freshman and in my first semester. And being in radio since the end of 2007, and thus constantly being out and interacting with the public as an official representative of the station and of Clear Channel, you have to be professional with everything you do and say.

So yeah, just a little bit offensive being called an "immature kid" because I'm younger than 25, especially by ram of all people. Ram, in my opinion, just likes to hear his own voice, or in this case, see it in text, and completely ignores any common sense.

Iou , I wasnt calling you inept. I said the majority is. I dont disagree that its somewhat of a negative thing but this is how corporate retail chains work. its nothing surprising.Of course they work like a pwn shop..they sell used games to begin with.

Smooth, like I said, you wont understand the perspective because you havent been around long enough yet. You still base things on a 24 year old perspective. Nothing to feel insulted about. its just a fact of life. I never called you immature, i said a majority is.
    Last edited by ram29jackson; 08-25-2011 at 11:43 PM.

The avatar definitely helped.

Just teasing, anyway back on topic, a day later and it is still safe to say Gamestop sucks; the amount of suckage would be up there with Linda Lovelace in Deep Throat.
    Very well played sir.

And yeah, plenty of "adults" are going to pissed about this. Whether Gamestop is going to be launching their own competitive service, you don't just open up stuff, take things out, and then not even say a word to customers. Either just plain return the games and apologize to those who had pre-ordered the game from Gamestop for the issue, or be upfront and straight forward with the customers about taking out the card and throwing it away, and give the customer the option of accepting the game as is (without the card) or cancelling their pre-order there on the spot and buying the game elsewhere if they wanted the card.

What Gamestop did was just plain deceptive and shady. And as for ram's previous comment about how "adults" wouldn't care, beside the fact that "adults" actually make up a pretty sizeable portion of the gaming population, as Deus Ex: Human Revolution is a Mature title, a lot more "adults" will be affected and get pissed off about this than some kids who manage to talk their parents into buying it for them would. Plus, if people can get pissed off about cleats being the wrong color or something, then plenty of people will get pissed off about having something they were supposed to receive along with the game they paid for, taken out and not being informed or told about it until after the fact when the deception was discovered.

It's just like how you say NCAA isn't supposed to function like a real football game but rather is a "toy." That is so blatantly wrong that it's not funny. At it's core, it's definitely aimed at being a true to the experience football game.
    i never said it wasnt supposed to function like real football. They make it look and feel as much like football as possible. But its still a game where you dont have to be that knowledgeable about football to do well in it.

And its a game marketed for people 10 and up so yes it qualifies as a game/ toy that older people can try to make function as sim as possible. And to put it in perspective..it is sold at "Toy r Us".

I'm not bashing or being negative, I'm just giving a perspective you have trouble understanding.

in a way, video games are the new pool tables and board games of the past..home entertainment.

but calling it a hobby or calling yourself a "gamer" is overboard unless you are still in high school.

this nothing you need to take personal or be offended by. Just a viewpoint. I'm not hating on anyone or anything, take it easy.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    So yeah, fuck Gamestop. I just bought it from Amazon, like anyone with sense would do.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    So yeah, fuck Gamestop. I just bought it from Amazon, like anyone with sense would do.
    I like the cut of your jib.

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    And its a game marketed for people 10 and up so yes it qualifies as a game/ toy that older people can try to make function as sim as possible. And to put it in perspective..it is sold at "Toy r Us".
    Toys R Us sells T-Shirts and other clothing. Is that a toy?

Toys R Us sells T-Shirts and other clothing. Is that a toy?
    what sizes do they come in LOL ? are you saying you want a Hannah Montana t shirt ? LOL

for Christ sake Iou and Smooth, I like you both in an internet distant sort of way LOL.

so take it easy.

I'm just saying, you said that since video games are sold at Toys R Us, they're by default considered toys. I was merely pointing out that they sell several different items that are not considered toys.

Update

Dear GameStop customer,

Earlier this week, GameStop removed a competitor's coupon from standard edition PC versions of Deus Ex: Human Revolution, a recent release by Square Enix. We were not aware that the product box would contain this competitor's offer. We regret the events surrounding this title release and that our customers were put in the middle of this issue between GameStop and Square Enix, the publisher of this game. And for this, we are truly sorry.

For your inconvenience, we would like to offer you a free $50 GameStop gift card and a Buy 2 Get 1 Free pre-owned purchase. We want to earn back your trust and confidence in the GameStop experience. Please bring in this email and your store receipt or order confirmation from GameStop.com and present it to a Game Advisor.

Sincerely,

Paul Raines
    CEO, GameStop

Sorry you just got caught and now are making a piece offering for being a vile company that is becoming more and more like a pawn shop. Oh, I see you threw in the buy 2 get 1 used game offer in there. That way the gift card wont be quite so costly if they fo the used game route. Also calling your employees, "Game Advisors."

But to their credit, unlike EA, they are attempting to do something to earn their customers trust.

You still suck.

I think this has become the funniest thread for one reason. 3 people are internet arguing over being childish, mature and an adult. yeah, the irony