Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
    It hurts it really hurts

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

we shall see. At least they arent Notre dame LOL

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    we shall see. At least they arent Notre dame LOL
    Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa a

what a joke....on a 3rd down, you dont leave the fullback in and pass to him...let alone all the other bad execution by 2 QBs ....how are they rated an A in NCAA 12 this year ? LOL

this is disgusting

some boys from south Philly almost had a dream come true on Saturday..

Did Temple blowing the fuck out of Maryland change your mind about how bad PSU is, ram?

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Did Temple blowing the fuck out of Maryland change your mind about how bad PSU is, ram?

sure, it made Penn State look a little better ...but so what? The Big 10 is still a stronger conference with better players by and large. As good as Temple did, its still Temple and/but they exposed that Penn St has QBs that dont know how to lead...and..granted, the way Penn State chooses to coach during games may be hurting them...the Defense does their job but the offense has no clue and guys who came in as wide receivers wonder if they made a huge mistake. Penn State has shown no true fire power against weaker teams and dont have the power an Alabama has to just run a ground attack offense...this could very well be a .500 season
    Last edited by ram29jackson; 09-27-2011 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    sure, it made Penn State look a little better ...but so what? The Big 10 is still a stronger conference with better players by and large. As good as Temple did, its still Temple and/but they exposed that we have QBs that dont know how to lead...and..granted, the way Penn State chooses to coach during games may be hurting them...the Defense does their job but the offense has no clue and guys who came in as wide receivers wonder if they made a huge mistake. Penn State has shown no true fire power against weaker teams and dont have the power an Alabama has to just run a ground attack offense...this could very well be a .500 season
    Well if they would have caught the ball the 1st 3 games the offense would have been quite a bit more successful. I've seen numerous drops this year on easy open catches. So many people complain that our QBs aren't up to snuff or the coaches call bad plays, but when a WR is open and the QB puts it on him that is neither QB play or coaching. The other thing that drops do is take the life completely out of an offense. Say what you want about other negative plays but drops IMO completely deflate an offense.

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    Well if they would have caught the ball the 1st 3 games the offense would have been quite a bit more successful. I've seen numerous drops this year on easy open catches. So many people complain that our QBs aren't up to snuff or the coaches call bad plays, but when a WR is open and the QB puts it on him that is neither QB play or coaching. The other thing that drops do is take the life completely out of an offense. Say what you want about other negative plays but drops IMO completely deflate an offense.

LOL the whole offense sucks - period

but LIke I said a couple weeks ago..every other team I watch the QBs are making good throws no matter what level of team or baller they are and when I watch a Penn St QB , I see a weak armed guy trying to fling a ball sort of some where LOL , quite frankly, the QBs play scared on pass plays and are more to blame than the WRs...they all need to step up, but can they at all?

hey, at least they won this weekend, they are still in the positive !

Honestly, if you told me before the season that McGloin would be splitting time and, through 5 games, he'd have 0 INTs - I'd say, "bullshit". I fear the day when that comes crashing down.

Honestly, if you told me before the season that McGloin would be splitting time and, through 5 games, he'd have 0 INTs - I'd say, "bullshit". I fear the day when that comes crashing down.

Honestly it's not because McGloin isn't trying to throw INT's. He has been oh so close to atleast 6 or 7 so far.

Really though, this freaking offense HAS to get better. It has to stop being so predictable. We have two QB's and neither one can complete a screen pass. If I'm remembering it correctly through these last three games PSU is 1-8 on screen passes. The one completion was for negative yards. We pass first down, run Iso on second and then our WR's run a 4yd pattern on a 3rd and 6

I know that if they start catching the ball things would be better, but so would using some common sense. How about instead of throwing a slant pattern to Devon Smith at 5'6" 160lbs who will never be able to shed defenders away from the ball with that size, we throw to one of our bigger WR's. I can think of Brown, Kersey, Moye for those kind of routes.

Then on a freaking 3rd down (passing down forget the distance) PSU brings out Day at RB. This is our 5th string HB heading into preseason ball and still 4th string after the Green suspension. I'm sure he'll do a great job pass protecting why isn't if Redd is winded and if Dukes is winded, let Shuey or Zordich in there to protect or run the flare routes. Those are PROVEN to be better choices then a 4th string HB that has a total of about 5 carries ever for PSU.

For me it is the simplest of things that are really bothering the piss out of me. Just like our Coach saying we don't need a special teams coach. Well dammit then whoever the fuck is taking that responsibility needs their head examined. We constantly year in and year out suck in return yards. We always have atleast 1 if not multiple blocked kicks against us. I mean just how freaking bad does it have to get before someone changes their thought process.

Rant over, carry on. Eric I know your going to snap when you read this but I'm tired of this shit period.

Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
    How about instead of throwing a slant pattern to Devon Smith at 5'6" 160lbs who will never be able to shed defenders away from the ball with that size, we throw to one of our bigger WR's. I can think of Brown, Kersey, Moye for those kind of routes.
    Yeah the Patriots never throw slant patterns to Wes Welker successfully so it must be a bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    Yeah the Patriots never throw slant patterns to Wes Welker successfully so it must be a bad idea.
    Wes has proven he can make the tough catches time and time again. Haven't quite seen Devon make a catch in traffic that would lead me to believe he can do it now.

Trust me, I love his speed and I really like him on crossing patterns but slants I just don't see him coming away with the ball.

at least they beat Iowa in a Mexican stand off til the end LOL

I cannot make this up....but Sandusky wrote a book a few years back

Yea I'm pretty disgusted right now.

If anyone wants to read the 23 page Grand Jury report here is the link.

http://media.scout.com/media/doc/99/997328.pdf

Read that yesterday, snoop. Pretty fucked up stuff. However, I'm slow to pass judgement (joking is one thing, passing judgement is another).

A lot has to be brought out into the light before I decide what to think about this, outside of Sandusky.

Obviously, assuming Sandusky is guilty, there is no defense for him and he deserves much worse than whatever he gets.

Read that yesterday, snoop. Pretty fucked up stuff. However, I'm slow to pass judgement (joking is one thing, passing judgement is another).

A lot has to be brought out into the light before I decide what to think about this, outside of Sandusky.

Obviously, assuming Sandusky is guilty, there is no defense for him and he deserves much worse than whatever he gets.

Yeah, remember the Duke lacrosse team....