Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Madden NFL 12 Impressions - Retail

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by rhombic21 View Post
    Pass defense is pretty horrible. Zones are much less effective than NCAA, but so is man to man. You can get away with so many bad passes/reads on this game that you can't get away with on NCAA. And pass blocking isn't any less ridiculous. Still have the same bullshit where 90% of the stock zone blitzes on the game don't generate any pressure, so you have to do ridiculous garbage to get to the QB.
    Well I'm glad passing will be easier. I need some help.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Well I'm glad passing will be easier. I need some help.
    It's a huge problem online. If they don't throw a pick, they're scoring a TD. Defense is putrid.

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    It's a huge problem online. If they don't throw a pick, they're scoring a TD. Defense is putrid.
    It's that bad? I was actually thinking of trying a few online games with the community stuff.

There is a day 1 patch scheduled but I have no idea what it addresses.

It's pretty horrendous. There's tons of openings in zone coverage and then man isn't that great, either. I could work with that IF the pass rush was better, but the pass rush is just as bad. You almost have to sell out to even get any pressure. My average score after 4 games is like 35-26 and most of those games are only 3 quarters. It's ridiculous how bad the defense is. You have people lighting it up like they've been playing for a month and in reality, they've only had it for a day.

For anyone who cares to read some lengthy initial impressions, I have posted mine here: http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/for...12-Impressions

I've been able to play good pass defense surprisingly with the Steelers considering that is their weakness when spread out. This may be a combination with me manually taking away the main portion of the middle where traffic goes or the fact that ive only played on All-Madden. There have been games where I've been beat badly through the air, but a few factors go into that

1. My league friend has a very effective pass game
    2. I was testing out a variety of different blitzes that are new to the game and wasn't worries about coverage
    3. I missed several picks I should had manually made or just sabotage my defense's coverage by not playing my assignment.

Giving up the deep ball quite a bit due to the Steelers secondary having no speed but I can fix that.

I do agree that zones aren't as tight as NCAA which is surprising that college players can play zone better than NFL players and defenses. Another reason is in NCAA players can effectively play a 10-15 foot radius around and above them. They will either quickly move at the last minute to bat a ball down or put their hand in the air because of the piss poor trajectory.

When I've played with man teams such as the Raiders or Ravens I've been able to play very solid man coverage.

I just see a lot of bad coverage, both in the underneath zones and in the deep zones. The deep zones seem a lot less aggressive to take things away than NCAA, so a lot of things that would get absolutely shutdown are still open on Madden. Honestly, the zones on Madden feel a lot closer to what we had for Madden '11 than to this year's NCAA zones.

Second, the pass rush is just bad. You cannot execute most of the zone blitz schemes that teams use in real life, both because the coverage doesn't work like it should and because the OL is able to pick everything up. And with a 4 man rush, you just don't generate that much pressure, even with an elite pass rusher.

Just found a play that is a 30 yard gain every single time it's ran against zone. Lovely.

Second, the pass rush is just bad. You cannot execute most of the zone blitz schemes that teams use in real life, both because the coverage doesn't work like it should and because the OL is able to pick everything up. And with a 4 man rush, you just don't generate that much pressure, even with an elite pass rusher.
    Which is incredibly lame because if you play against the CPU, it's able to get all kinds of pressure.

Just found a play that is a 30 yard gain every single time it's ran against zone. Lovely.
    PM me the play and it will be passed along immediately.

It's not a particular play. I can do it with just about any passing play on the game.

It's not a particular play. I can do it with just about any passing play on the game.
    Can you describe what you do in a PM? If we can pass it along, it might be able to get addressed.

Yep, sent it.

Yep, sent it.
    Great! Thanks man, I'll get that going where it needs to ASAP.

My offense is just abysmal. I hate all the team playbooks and I can't use custom playbooks because they're fucked up, so I'm fucked.

Seriously? Offense isn't hard at all, man. Figure out how to block up the nanos that people send, don't throw picks in the redzone, and you're golden.

It's got nothing to do with that. I'm not even playing people running nanos. I had one guy do the shake blitz, but that was in my second game. I just want to run a legitimate offense without running the same plays over and over. The fact that 90% of the playbooks and the plays in them are the same damn thing and only so many of them work makes it extremely boring.

I guess I used incorrect terminology. My offense isn't bad, I'm just bored because I can't find a playbook I like and the custom playbooks are fucked up. New England's interests me a bit. Houston's interests me a bit. Carolina's interests me a bit. That's about it. They all have flaws in them that I don't want to use them. I wish I had my custom book in NCAA for Madden, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Paakaa10 View Post
    For anyone who cares to read some lengthy initial impressions, I have posted mine here: http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/for...12-Impressions
    I enjoyed your writeup. I did get a chuckle at the LB Jumping being toned down. I had just watched highlights of Bradford against KC before reading it.

Forward video to 1:05

Seriously? Offense isn't hard at all, man. Figure out how to block up the nanos that people send, don't throw picks in the redzone, and you're golden.
    Rhombic you play on All-Madden or ranked All-Pro games?

Online is All-Pro.