Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Madden NFL 12 Impressions - Retail

• Facebook
  • Display
    Why does Matt Ryan have to have such a long ass release? If it weren't for his slow ass throwing motion, Atlanta would be a damn perfect team for the offense I want to run.

Maybe I'm retarded, but I can't figure something out with custom playbooks. I want to delete a formation, but on some formations it'll say:

"Can not be removed because it is the last play in the following situations(s).

Play Action

To remove it you must first add another play to the situation(s)."
    I don't understand it. There is no Play Action Situation that I can see. Anyone know?

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Is it restricting what plays you can remove based on whether or not it's a run/short pass/play action/deep pass or some shit?

I have no idea, man. I'm baffled. I deleted every single play in my playbook so I could add everything fresh. I then went into Game plan and removed all the plays from that and added a play from goal line so that it wouldn't mess me up. The only thing left is a play called PA Panther In under IFORM and it wont let me remove it because it says it's the last play for play action situation. There is no play action situation under game plan! It's so frustrating.

I wonder if that is related to calling plays by play type. I know you can select plays in the playcalling screens under pass as "Quick Passes", "Shotgun Passes", "Screen Passes" etc. I'm 99% sure "Play Action Passes" is also an option.

I haven't messed with Custom Playbooks at all, so I'm not sure if I'm even in the ballpark with what you're talking about.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Yeah, it's for the game plan you're talking about. However, it has situations like 4th and long, 3rd and medium, etc...It says I'm missing a play for "play action," which doesn't exist on the screen. Say for example it's 3rd and 12. You select quick pass. It'll give you a quick pass you have set for 3rd and long. So there should be a section for play action somewhere, but I'm not seeing it.

IOU when you go into custom playbooks there is two ways to build the playbook. Either via a gameplan which sounds like you were in or build by formation which shows you your formations. If you hit R1 or whichever it is on Xbox it will take you to the area you want where you can add/remove whichever formation.

Of course if you haven't figures this out already

I haven't been on in a couple days....has the roster updated to where Steve Smith is an Eagle?

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    IOU when you go into custom playbooks there is two ways to build the playbook. Either via a gameplan which sounds like you were in or build by formation which shows you your formations. If you hit R1 or whichever it is on Xbox it will take you to the area you want where you can add/remove whichever formation.

Of course if you haven't figures this out already
    Yep, figured that out. You actually have to use both. If you try to remove a play that happens to be the last play in one of the gameplan situations, it wont allow you. So, what I do is just go to gameplan and in all the situations, I add a goal line play(because you can't edit goal line plays anyway). It works for everything except ONE play which is always a play action play. I've tried it with several different base playbooks and it only ever occurs with some play action play. I'm pretty confident it's glitched.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    I haven't been on in a couple days....has the roster updated to where Steve Smith is an Eagle?
    Yes.

Is this game going to be worth it to a guy who will rarely (if ever) play online. In other words, will there be sliders out there to make the CPU competitive + the additions to offline franchise will I make it more than 1 year before becoming bored with it?

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    Yes.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Is this game going to be worth it to a guy who will rarely (if ever) play online. In other words, will there be sliders out there to make the CPU competitive + the additions to offline franchise will I make it more than 1 year before becoming bored with it?
    The franchise mode has been given some love. Pastapadre wrote up a nice report here: http://www.pastapadre.com/2011/08/26...de-impressions. The scouting and FA system look fun although both Pasta and the OS write-up on franchise mode complained about the menus and lack of help/instruction.

I don't think it will be a problem to make the cpu competitive with sliders. You never know but most people with the game early have been loving the game so far. I personally think the addition of player traits is huge. It will give the game great personality that we didn't see in Madden in the past.

The embargo is lifted right? Where are some good impressions from the game changers? Don't most of you have a retail copy?

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    The franchise mode has been given some love. Pastapadre wrote up a nice report here: http://www.pastapadre.com/2011/08/26...de-impressions. The scouting and FA system look fun although both Pasta and the OS write-up on franchise mode complained about the menus and lack of help/instruction.

I don't think it will be a problem to make the cpu competitive with sliders. You never know but most people with the game early have been loving the game so far. I personally think the addition of player traits is huge. It will give the game great personality that we didn't see in Madden in the past.
    The OS review is pretty negative (at least by OS standards) which scares the bejesus out of me. Pasta (who is also usually very positive) had some reservations as well. I usually find myself being more critical than either of those sites and with online franchise receiving no attention I can literally only see myself playing offline franchise as I RARELY venture into the East Room and I just cannot see myself getting involved in EA's new "revolutionary" ladder system at a community site.

I'm on the fence and I need to decide ASAP. Thankfully, all that is on the line is my free Amazon credits that I get from time to time by completing surveys about products. That being said I would still rather keep that $60 in credit and use it for a gaming head set or a decent set of speakers to go with my computer monitor.

I enjoy it. I thought the OS review was laughable.

Don't most of you have a retail copy?
    I'm pretty sure all the Game Changers have retail copies.
    Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Pasta (who is also usually very positive) had some reservations as wel
    Not lately. If he is concerned about something, he'll get on his soapbox and rail about it forever. He won't be out-and-out negative, but will bring up just enough things that concern him. It makes reading his impressions ... an adventure, for lack of a better term. Personally, I enjoy reading his perspective, but sometimes its hard to tell whether or not he actually likes a product/idea/decision.
    Last edited by JeffHCross; 08-28-2011 at 10:44 AM.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

The embargo is lifted right? Where are some good impressions from the game changers? Don't most of you have a retail copy?
    I have a retail copy, yes. I haven't had as much time as I would like to play it, nor have I gone into enough depth across multiple modes yet to feel like I can speak comprehensively to the product. I'll put together some basic impressions, however.

can't set audibles in custom playbooks, which means it's 100% dead to me. Btw, the deep ball is back in a big way.

Pass defense is pretty horrible. Zones are much less effective than NCAA, but so is man to man. You can get away with so many bad passes/reads on this game that you can't get away with on NCAA. And pass blocking isn't any less ridiculous. Still have the same bullshit where 90% of the stock zone blitzes on the game don't generate any pressure, so you have to do ridiculous garbage to get to the QB.