Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Madden NFL 12 Impressions - Retail

• Facebook
  • Display

Madden NFL 12 Impressions - Retail

This thread will be for impressions once the embargo is lifted a week from today, August 26th.

Until then we cannot say that much at all, but I did get clearance on one thing. I must say that the preseason means something now with the expanded rosters and cutting down as you progress in the preseason. For the first time ever in Franchise, I'm playing the preseason.

I don't have the demo to compare it to as I never did get to play it, but I'm really liking what I have seen so far.

I'll just keep this thread locked for the time being, but if there are other generic things that we get clearance to talk about until next Friday, we can post them in here.

I'll open this thread back up on Friday once the Season Ticket drops and we're all able to talk about the game then too.

I have it early too, i'll post some impressions

Can someone run down those custom playbooks? Nothing TOO bold, how many formations we can use..

(oh..and if they F'N WORK!!! haha)

Starting at noon I'll be taking *SOME* media requests if anyone has any. Obviously I probably wont be able to fulfill them all, but I'll do my best.

@ everyone trying to use the Eagles online.

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    That totally shocks me.

/sarcasm

Didnt you say you were going to play with them?

I probably will once I get ticked off enough. I played one online game and won, but wow, it was laggy as hell. Hopefully that was just a one time thing.

Vick lost the cover vote..but he still wins in the hearts of cheesing Maddenites LOL

why the heck is the strategy pad still there? I dont care that you can get rid of it for play now. Its online that matters..why was adding too many steps a good idea and to whom ?

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    why the heck is the strategy pad still there? I dont care that you can get rid of it for play now. Its online that matters..why was adding too many steps a good idea and to whom ?
    I haven't played any games online yet, but I'm pretty sure that the Strategy Pad can be removed for online just as it is in Play Now.

I've played online and yes you can remove strategy just like you could last year.

You have to change your profile's game options the save your profile

Note: These opinions are based on online play against my league members only. I don't play CPU. Difficulty All-Madden

I've enjoyed the thus far. The run game is a thing of beauty when executed properly. Holes open, the animations are nice and heavier/high truck rated guys tend to fall over and out of tackles properly.

The deep ball seems a tad bit easy. That is likely because I am getting acclimated with the game, camera etc. It can be taken away I'm sure with user control but even I dont click in the DB's don't really fight for the ball.

I can't generate much of a pass rush at all. Seems like the opposing QB has all day to throw regardless of the blitz I send. I play with the Steelers so I would think I could get a decent rush. Again this is likely due to not finding the right blitz combos and getting adjusted to the game. It will probably change after more reps in the game.

One of friends would frequently use pump fakes when no one was open because he had all the time in the world to. Atleast one of my defenders would bite on it even though he was in perfect coverage.

I'll post up more later. Love the game thus far

1. Shake Blitz still in the game and it's more effective than it was last year. It's immediate pressure this year. I had a really hard time with it, BUT...I was using the Rams. He was also in bump and run and all my receivers have really low ratings when it comes to beating press coverage, so that might be why it was so effective. Time will tell.

2. Lineman stand up glitch is still in even though several people said it was eliminated. I also heard people say the Analog Blitz is gone, but they apparently just don't know how to do it, because it's definitely still there.

3. I HATE the matchmaking/rank system. If you go into the lobby and invite someone to a ranked game, the stats count but you don't get any skill points for your level. If you want points, you have to go into a random matchmaking game where you don't have a chance to check out a player's record/stats. I do NOT like that at all.

4. Custom playbooks are useless. You can't change your audibles when you are using a custom playbook, and the formations are all messed up. I have singleback formations on 3 different pages in my playbook. It's so stupid and makes finding plays during the game a huge pain in the ass.

SG Tight Doubles On is just a flat out nasty formation.

SG Tight Doubles On is just a flat out nasty formation.
    This x 1000.

I'm impressed actually, played a few games last night. The deep ball has returned in a huge way, if you can pass, you can win a lot of games. It's tough to run the ball though. Laterally, Vick, Newton, T.Pryor etc can be caught by LB's and DE's (Fast Ones) behind the LOS, but have them running vertically, it's dangerous. Overall, I really like it, the stick work is very good, Specs are good, rockets can be done, but not over - effective IMO. Sucks I can't play the early-release guys tho, don't really care about the game speed too much. The team i'm playing with the most right now is Carolina.

It's alright, but it's entirely too easy to move the ball. I'm lighting people up like I've been playing it every day for 3 months and I'm only about 5 hours in. I've got a little surprise for my next shake blitzer though.

In regards to my early impressions.

I've been able to get legit pass rush. Not glitching or any other way that's out there. Just stock blitzes without Amy changes. Before I was making changes to my Dlineman's assignments and probably messing up the blitzes.

Getting much better at user control now. It's great to see that you can't stop on a dime and reverse field. Movement actually real.

In comparisons to NCAA offenses are much harder to stop in Madden. In NCAA it's rather easy because the AI in zone is everywhere.

More later