Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HELP! My passing offense is just plain horrible!

• Facebook
  • Display
    Hi , guys i'm new to the forum , u can add me on PSN II_MaRTiAN_II .. & to help your passing game

1. some passing routes in 12 are non effective , but here are some effective ones .. slants (ofcourse) , streak (ofcourse) , hooks - these work rly good , flats work good ..

Also you want a team with a QB that can throw the ball unless you are a power running online player..

Quote Originally Posted by pantherone26 View Post
    I feel like the guy with the videos is playing on an easy difficulty level. Also, imo, he makes the wrong reads in the first two plays.

The first play he bombs it deep when he has two guys coming wide open underneath. I know he says they are only open because he has already released the ball, but it looks to me like they would have been open regardless. He then bombs it deep to a covered man in the endzone and the receiver makes the play. In a user or Heismen CPU game, that ball is picked or swatted down.

On the second play, the safety is the one who actually comes up with the ball. However, it bounces off the safety's head/hands then the WR takes it in stride and scores the TD. Looks to me like the inside receiver would have been the better target. If thrown correctly, the ball would get there before the SS for a big gain. This video also makes me think he is playing a lower level, the FS usually makes that play.

His last TD play, the defense leaves the WR completely open, no one is guarding the guy. I' very rarely see this on Heismen against the CPU in '12. All he does is hot route to a streak down the field.
    Just watched the video , & yea this guy made the wrong read the 1st pass , 2 Wide open WRs underneath , & that wont work online , any one thats worth a shit will swat that... & on the second one fast forward to the video to 2:52 look how wide open the inside WR is.. That would have been a big gain..

Don't try to do too much or in plain senses KISS, (KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID). I teach my QB's simple reads, start slow 2 man routes focus on reading one guy for instance....... flat post
    combo routes one receiver to the flats, send one to the post read the defender who lines up over the post receiver, if he gets depth then throw flat but if he sits on the flat route hit the
    post. Quick read right? 3 seconds tops if it isn't there take off. I would love to talk to you about reading coverages but its extremely hard to do so on here. I coach HS QB's and have years
    of experience with QB's, hit me up if you are on PS3

Quote Originally Posted by whitepony99 View Post
    Don't try to do too much or in plain senses KISS, (KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID). I teach my QB's simple reads, start slow 2 man routes focus on reading one guy for instance....... flat post
    combo routes one receiver to the flats, send one to the post read the defender who lines up over the post receiver, if he gets depth then throw flat but if he sits on the flat route hit the
    post. Quick read right? 3 seconds tops if it isn't there take off. I would love to talk to you about reading coverages but its extremely hard to do so on here. I coach HS QB's and have years
    of experience with QB's, hit me up if you are on PS3

Has the GREAT WHITE PONEY returned? Did you pick up NCAA 12?

WELCOME BACK!

Quote Originally Posted by gigemaggs99 View Post
    Has the GREAT WHITE PONEY returned? Did you pick up NCAA 12?

WELCOME BACK!
    Far from great but at Christmas I will be picking up the game so we can play a few that week. Darn you Gige's I have been hooked on this darn simulator

Far from great but at Christmas I will be picking up the game so we can play a few that week. Darn you Gige's I have been hooked on this darn simulator
    COOL! Well it will be nice to play again.

Yes sir, I just landed in KPHX from KRNO about 4 mins ago. SWA 1885

Quote Originally Posted by aurelius View Post

I have a couple vids on the YouTubes addressing the issue...here's my first one for NCAA 12. I have a few for last year's game as well...most of it is still relevant.
    More videos please

COOL! Well it will be nice to play again.

Yes sir, I just landed in KPHX from KRNO about 4 mins ago. SWA 1885
    I logged 56 flights in a month SWA2611 LOL

Since getting a new gamertag and being able to play again I am finding the passing game to be FAR EASIER then it was out of the box. Not sure what is different but now I can throw for mega yards! If anyone is still playing the game and wants to know the basic things I do (I play on heisman default vs. CPU) let me know. Its pretty basic and easy to understand.

I logged 56 flights in a month SWA2611 LOL
    I bought a new PC, super jacked up with ram and mem, plus a descent video card. I'm getting FSX to look like this (this isn't my video but this is what mine looks like now)

http://www.youtube.com/user/timest999#p/f/3/PiPWNVqFUg4

I bought a new PC, super jacked up with ram and mem, plus a descent video card. I'm getting FSX to look like this (this isn't my video but this is what mine looks like now)

http://www.youtube.com/user/timest999#p/f/3/PiPWNVqFUg4
    You're going to start spending a lot of money on add-ons, but I've got to say if there is one to spend it on REX is the one.

My computer can barely handle playing that video.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by Oneback View Post
    You're going to start spending a lot of money on add-ons, but I've got to say if there is one to spend it on REX is the one.

Well, I figure it's all perspective, $30 for REX 2.0 for FSX. It applies to the entire world, where ever I fly. Compared to $60 for a new PS3 game it's worth it to me.

I've been flying a Piper Cub in the FTX Orbx Oregon regions and it looks AMAZING! The mountains with snow on the trees looks REAL. I've taken off of some lakes with the floats on the Piper Cub and there will be mist and fog just above the water then you rise out of it to a sunny clear day.
    Last edited by gigemaggs99; 12-15-2011 at 07:52 AM.

Nice video! Love the extra help with the passing game.

Quote Originally Posted by pantherone26 View Post
    One other thing that's hurting my passing game is catching the ball out of the backfield. I've had some success throwing to the FB, but the HB's don't seem to get much going at all in this year's game for me. Typically they run out into the flats and either run out of bounds after catching it, catch it and hesitate for a second (which allows for the defense to react and come tackle them) or just drop it. Maybe I haven't really played with a dynamic RB just yet though.

I also find that it helps to check down as early as often.

I used to have this problem alot and it still happens whenever I let the RB finish the route. What you want to do is lead to the side the rb is running an slight angle up. The speed of the pass is almost a bullet. It's quick too so if he's going to be open snap, step and throw. You can use the same lead passing on your hb slip screens and gain some serious yardage if the blocks align.
    Last edited by Marlowe; 01-10-2012 at 01:31 PM.

Read nearly every passing thread around. Still need more help. In my On-Line Dynasty, I'm an interception throwing machine!