Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What team are you looking to use in NCAA 11

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Is BP on the hook for that too?
    Sure. Get a BP claims rep up here. I would like to be refunded about $150 for that deuce that we took against UCLA and Auburn with me in attendance. Honestly, they were both great games, but Kiffin is just an asshat.

Eastern Michigan offline.

Cleveland (CAS) online.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Dragon View Post
    Eastern Michigan offline.

Cleveland (CAS) online.
    I would guess on the mascot for Cleveland, but that would be too easy.

Arkansas State for me... always enjoy building them up, especially in an Online Dynasty. This year should be a great challenge with the changes to recruiting and then on top of that add in Dynasty Wire. Looking forward to it!

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    Arkansas State for me... always enjoy building them up, especially in an Online Dynasty. This year should be a great challenge with the changes to recruiting and then on top of that add in Dynasty Wire. Looking forward to it!
    You going to start on the hardest recruiting difficulty with Ark. State?

You going to start on the hardest recruiting difficulty with Ark. State?
    Um... doubtful! I'll start with the default (Varsity I assume) and see how the changes to recruiting effect the small teams. Past years it was definitely way too easy but I think the changes made alone will make it much more of a challenge for the little guy.

Um... doubtful! I'll start with the default (Varsity I assume) and see how the changes to recruiting effect the small teams. Past years it was definitely way too easy but I think the changes made alone will make it much more of a challenge for the little guy.
    I guess if you like pain, do Heisman recruiting difficulty

I always play a few seasons with PSU and do a separate dynasty with a small school. I also always use the teams' default playbook. However, I've been thinking about taking a team like Army and changing them to an Air-Raid, Aggressive No-Huddle team. I think it would be fun to struggle to make that type of transformation. The personnel would be all wrong and, with the recruiting enhancements, it may take years just to get the right people for the system. Much less quality players.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    I guess if you like pain, do Heisman recruiting difficulty
    How much did you guys actually get to play around with the recruiting slider?

I'm interested to see how tough the Heisman setting actually is. I'm hoping it's tough enough to make recruiting difficult without feeling like the CPU can just get whatever player they want any time.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    How much did you guys actually get to play around with the recruiting slider?

I'm interested to see how tough the Heisman setting actually is. I'm hoping it's tough enough to make recruiting difficult without feeling like the CPU can just get whatever player they want any time.
    IIRC the slider wasn't tuned and ready for us back in March.

I'm going to run a single player OD with my Huskers & a roster I edit to make more ato my liking (players & ratings) & for an OD me & some friends are trying to get together I chose Auburn. Watched their spring game on ESPN & love their offense so I'm really looking forward to that.

Fincastle,VA (1 hr from Lane Stadium and Hokie country)
    Going with the Hokies with the great running backs of Ryan Williams and Darren Evans and the Qb Tyrod Taylor should be interesting. And the defense is always strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Twinky34 View Post
    Going with the Hokies with the great running backs of Ryan Williams and Darren Evans and the Qb Tyrod Taylor should be interesting. And the defense is always strong.
    I bet that they'll definitely be in the BCS Bowl running as a computer controlled team quite a bit in dynasties.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwizzy View Post
    I chose Auburn. Watched their spring game on ESPN & love their offense so I'm really looking forward to that.
    That was definately fun to watch. Hopefully their playbook in the game is identical. I will freak out if they added that fake option reverse play they have.

I'll be doing a OD with LSU. I'll also do a solo OD with some SWAC/MEAC schools that I created. I'll roll with the Southern University Jaguars in that one.

Well, I think it's obvious what team I'm gonna play with. Good ole Navy. I've done, and written on the forum where I've been, a Navy dynasty every single year since 2003. Gonna do a single player OD with them so I can take advantage of the Dynasty Wire. With Navy, I've never cared about conference invites, so that isn't a factor at all for me.

I'm also tempted to make it a dynasty of EXTREME pain! Editing Navy's roster to make them essentially the absolute worst team in history, going with recruiting on Heisman, the works. As well, just to kick a dog when he's down, I'm gonna make it a rule that Navy plays 3 Top 10 teams every season, just to get that good old 70-0 asskicking from the major teams in there a couple times a season to help hurt my recruiting chances even more. That should take a couple decades of playing before they have a chance at a championship.
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 06-22-2010 at 11:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lilheavy View Post
    I'll be doing a OD with LSU. I'll also do a solo OD with some SWAC/MEAC schools that I created. I'll roll with the Southern University Jaguars in that one.
    What system are you doing this on? I'd be interested in getting in on that with you with Texas Southern.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    I'm also tempted to make it a dynasty of EXTREME pain! Editing Navy's roster to make them essentially the absolute worst team in history, going with recruiting on Heisman, the works. That should take a couple decades of playing before they have a chance at a championship.
    What a lot of people do for that effect is called a "death penalty dynasty". Basically you sim the games for the first 5-10 years but you also cut all players over a certain OVR level until you're left with nothing but scraps and your team's prestige, ratings, etc. are all in the dumps.

I can't wait to try Houston out online. Oregon and obviously Florida are 2 more schools that I'll play with a lot.

What a lot of people do for that effect is called a "death penalty dynasty". Basically you sim the games for the first 5-10 years but you also cut all players over a certain OVR level until you're left with nothing but scraps and your team's prestige, ratings, etc. are all in the dumps.
    Yeah, I know about going that route, but I really like Navy's players that they have on the team as well as know everyone's names and stats that are on the roster, so I want to play with this year's team. If anything, it'd basically be a death penalty dynasty, just with this year's roster instead of a roster of computer generated random names a couple years down the road.

I'd be lying if I said Alabama.