Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome & Introduction Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    Whats up, my name is Skip

I am 28, married and expecting a son this fall (our 1st). I'm not a part of any of those cool EA programs so don't have anything to put about that lol. However I do know two people who are, well 5 now. I'm already familiar with a few people here prior to coming over.

Outside of the norm family, work, sports and working out...video gaming and computers (later on) have been my life, it is what I have always enjoyed ever since I had my 1st Atari.

Glad to be here

Recruit
    Howdy, I'm Brandon, AKA DookieMowf (A name I am really getting tired of) if you have been on Operation Sports, you may have seen me around. I am a 29 year old, die hard San Francisco 49ers and Baylor Bears fan. I live in Waco, TX and I am married and I have an 8 year old daughter.

Hey Guys, finally got validated so I wanted to jump on board and introduce myself. Some of you may already know me, this is Rush23/Rush from the sports gaming world. I ran Virtual Sports Network for a little over a year and it was a very large board, however we wound up selling due to catastrophic database problems (you may have noticed it being up/down a lot). I now run ChiCitySports.Com a Chicago sports site.

I don't really post anywhere for sports gaming and I saw JBHuskers mention it on Twitter and thought I'd give this place a shot. I look forward to posting here, looks like a solid group of guys.

Whats up fellas, my name is Frank aka lilheavy aka 3nDAmornin. Just cracked the big 30, married for going on 7 years, and a father of 3 (Two girls 4 yrs old and 3 weeks old, and a boy 1 year old). Looking forward to getting some games in with you guys.

Name's Patrick. Been playing NCAA since 2003 (with good ole Joey Harrington on the cover). Not sure how it happened, but I'm 30 and married, with a 3 month old son. Was an active member of the original MaddenMania back in the day, and played a ton of '04, '05, and '06, but like many, haven't been nearly as obsessed with the more recent releases. Really hoping '11 changes that.

Quote Originally Posted by DookieMowf View Post
    Howdy, I'm Brandon, AKA DookieMowf (A name I am really getting tired of) if you have been on Operation Sports, you may have seen me around. I am a 29 year old, die hard San Francisco 49ers and Baylor Bears fan. I live in Waco, TX and I am married and I have an 8 year old daughter.
    And has some of the nuttiest tweets on Twitter. Sometimes too much info lol!

Hello everyone. My name is Corey. I am a 30 year old attorney currently living in Rhode Island. My wife is just about ready to start her 4th/final year of her OBGYN residency at Brown. She is currently applying for a GYN ONC (women's cancer) fellowship so we will hopefully be on the move again next summer. We have two dogs (basset hound and a pound mut). Looking forward to posting at this "new" site.

Fincastle,VA (1 hr from Lane Stadium and Hokie country)
    Whats up fellows My name is Chris i am from Virginia 32 years old. I work for the local parks and rec also officiate high school football,basketball, and volleyball (dont cut on it at 90 dollars a game) also just go in college football this year. Enjoy playing the NCAA series and looking forward to the new game. Play slow pitch softball on weekend for fun. hit me up any time guys my aim and yahoo messenger is ssihop34. Die Hard Va Tech fan about a hr away from Blacksburg and season ticket holder. NFL team would be the eagles every since walker and cunningham also MLB team would be the Braves. See you on the forums folks!
    Last edited by Twinky34; 06-13-2010 at 07:09 PM. Reason: forgot to add this

Recruit
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    And has some of the nuttiest tweets on Twitter. Sometimes too much info lol!
    LOL got to keep it interesting. 99% of my tweets are true.

Greetings everyone! Thanks to JeffHCross for pointing me to this great site! I have been a NCAA Football video game nut since the days of NCAA Football 2001, in addition to being just plain an absolute NCAA football nut in terms of the actual game itself.

A bit about myself, my name is Andrew, just turned 23 years old back on April 15th and I live in Defiance, OH (very NW corner of Ohio). I am employed by Clear Channel Communications and work as an Assistant Production Manager for all four radio stations in the market that I live in (3 in Defiance, 1 in the neighboring town, Napoleon). I am also the on air talent for the Napoleon station's morning show on Saturday mornings.

In terms of sports, well, I definitely can't match the football background of some of the people I just read about. The farthest I ever got was playing all four years of HS football. I love football so much that I had no problem playing for the team at my college, even though they were a Division III school and thus no scholarships. However, my football career never got past high school due to a lot of issues I've had with my knees and ankles from 4 years of abuse on the offensive and defensive lines.

As for being a fan, I am a hardcore fan of all sports at the Naval Academy. Even though I hold a special place for Ohio State football in my heart (everyone in my ENTIRE family are Ohio State fans after all), it didn't take even a second thought to root against the Bucks, as well as enter the Horseshoe in a Navy jersey, when I went to the Navy-Ohio State game last September with my uncle. Football is by far my favorite college sport, but I also closely follow basketball, baseball, tennis, and lacrosse. For professional sports, I may as well be transplanted from Colorado. I'm a die-hard fan of the Denver Broncos (even with the extremely heart breaking collapses of the past couple years), the Colorado Rockies, Denver Nuggets, and Colorado Avalanche.

So in a sense, I'm a bit of an abnormality, following the Naval Academy on the east coast in college football as well as all other college sports, and following all the Colorado teams in professional sports, all while living in NW Ohio. However, my love for the NCAA video game series trumps all, and thus, why I am here! I hope to get to know you all better as time goes on and I look forward to many great discussions about a great video game (as well as real sports) with everyone!

Whomever "AMagicianNamedGOB" is, he/she has to post an intro with a name like that!

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Even though I hold a special place for Ohio State football in my heart (everyone in my ENTIRE family are Ohio State fans after all), it didn't take even a second thought to root against the Bucks, as well as enter the Horseshoe in a Navy jersey, when I went to the Navy-Ohio State game last September with my uncle.
    ... why did I invite you here, again?

Glad to see you again, bud.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    ... why did I invite you here, again?

Glad to see you again, bud.
    Because I'm your favorite Navy fan?

Thanks, definitely glad to be here.

Hello everybody, name's Cliff, been rsump112 on just about every gaming site I've been on since the late 90's. I recognize most of y'all from ncaastrategies and some from OS, been playing NCAA since:

Played high school ball, coached youth ball and ref for the VHSL (football and basketball).

Looking forward to another great forum to be involved in.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    Whomever "AMagicianNamedGOB" is, he/she has to post an intro with a name like that!
    Gob is the zombie bartender in Fallout 3 isn't it?

Welcome to all of the new members! A nice boom in registration.

I'm John. I'm old so we'll leave it at that. I love playing any college based sports games, and CAS is almost a must for me in order to get the full effect of the game.

We need to get this new forum rockin'!

Sup fellas. I'm Mario. Read JeffH's post over at EAsportsfans and thought I'd check the place out. Looks good. Ok bye.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlowe View Post
    Sup fellas. I'm Mario. Read JeffH's post over at EAsportsfans and thought I'd check the place out. Looks good. Ok bye.
    Whoo-hoo! Another MPer!
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerBlitz View Post
    I'm John. I'm old so we'll leave it at that. I love playing any college based sports games, and CAS is almost a must for me in order to get the full effect of the game.

We need to get this new forum rockin'!
    For some reason I thought you were a kid I guess I didn't know for sure at the other site and just assumed LOL

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    For some reason I thought you were a kid I guess I didn't know for sure at the other site and just assumed LOL
    Well, I can say you aren't alone. I thought/assumed the same thing.