Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome & Introduction Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    Great "meeting" all of you....we're very glad you have helped us start our "pre-launch" ---- you guys have been nothing but great so far!

well i am hopping on this a bit late... but... here goes...

my name is Eric (thus the "E" which is what my wife/friends/colleagues all call me) im 30, knocking on 31 in July, married, 3 kids, 4-7-9... played QB in HS, College in D1AA @ ETSU in the SoCon when Moss and Pennington was there, Paul Johnson was still at GA Southern, Bobby Johnson was still at Furman and not Vandy... i was around during the time that caused the stir for the D1AA schools to be put in...

transferred out of ETSU when the program went south before it got cut, to WVSU D2, HC at that time was Carl Lee former pro-bowler (CB) for the Vikings, went on to play 2 years arena/indoor, was in camp with Cobras in the AFL but got cut right before season... 1 season in Europe(Germany)...

now days, i do a good bit of evangelistic outreach ministry, own 2 businesses one my wife runs (salon), and the other is my consultant business in which i work with professional clubs in europe that are still thriving in the absence of the NFLE... about to take a coaching job at a good sized school near my hometown, first season im looking at co-OC... but second year i will be taking over completely...

i will give you tons of football advice that is applicable to the game, and not just shoot you links to all kinds of blogs and crap that is football X's & O's but is nothing NEAR what happens in the game... with the upgrades in the AI, blocking, etc... i hope to work with the three amigos here on developing some solid e-books with video for NCAA 11, that range from novice stuff, to things that most of us here will want to dive into... any questions about any offense/defense just post and i will do my best to give you the most relevant, applicable, and substantial responses i can that PERTAIN TO THE GAME and how THE GAME PLAYS... i wont just shoot you a bunch of "coach speak" that sounds good, but does no good when you pick a play in an online ranked match... lol

::EDIT:: my business is a consultant business and now that AFL is back up and running (somewhat) i will be doing some scouting work at camps/combines again as well... listed with IFSB still even though i havent worked with them in geez... nearly 2 years? served as a southeast scout with no specific conference, i could cover anything i wanted... (http://ifsbfreeagents.com/index.php) the contact info on there is old as i said... but, just forgot to mention that in my mini bio there...

"E"
    Last edited by xGRIDIRONxGURUx; 05-21-2010 at 12:38 AM. Reason: im forgetful in my old age... =\

E - is football becoming more popular in Europe? I know it had been doing pretty good in Germany but I'd just like to here more about that.

yeah... NFLE after the World League was huge for the game, but now it is becoming a very popular "out" for those cut from camps for NFL/CFL... the best thing that has happened, is that companies like some that i have worked with, are bringing over top coaches as well as players... football is reaching deep into the youth there... the professional clubs there now compete at around a D1AA/D2'ish level, but that is steadily increasing as places like WSS are steadily increasing american trades, establishing canadian exports as a commodity, and again, providing top notch coaches... i know that some of the professional clubs that compete for the eurocup year in and out will fly some colleges from the D1AA/D2 ranks to scrimmage... and will come to the states as well... there are still some regions in which the level is at a JUCO/D3 quality but these are areas that are starting up AFTER World League/NFLE...

the best thing, and most rewarding thing (to me at least) is that we can reach across the pond, work with these kids, get them in an exchange program to a good high school, and even some of these guys can get some scholarships to some universities... there are a good bit of former NFL coaches (not household name coaches, but staffers from NFL teams, position coach types) that are taking the "summer job" over in these leagues... they now do their football exactly the same way they do soccer... huge league setups, huge tournaments, huge cup games... the one team i consult with every day for offense the coach is a former Giants OL coach, i do conference calls @ 10 AM my time, and 4PM my time, and do whiteboard sessions over skype for conference meeting between me, him, and the OC (who is a candian guy who has been big in AF2, and soon to go CFL)...

i could go ON AND ON AND ON about this stuff, but sorry, back to the topic... LONG STORY SHORT (not really after all that) yes... football is becoming more popular lol

::EDIT:: remember NFLE had the rule of "one national player participating in every down" so there are also a ton of WELL COACHED euro guys that have been exposed to top notch coaching and are now still playing or coaching as well... ok seriously... /end of semi off-topic spill

embarrassed.png

"E"
    Last edited by xGRIDIRONxGURUx; 05-21-2010 at 08:17 AM.

My name is coachdenz and I have a football problem, 37 years of age, married and have a little one at the age of 5. Played High School football and was an invited walk on to Ole Miss (University of Mississippi) the WR coach at Ole Miss at that time was none other than new Louisville Head Coach and Former Gator DC Charlie Strong, after some tuff decisions and a girl, I decided to stay closer to home and play football for UNA (University of North Alabama Lions Coached by Bobby Wallace), a Division 2 school. A Motorcycle wreck ended my college career before it ever got started and missed out of the chance to play on a team that won 3 back to back 2AA National Championships. Coached a little high school ball in the mid to late 90's and was inducted into the Winston County Hall of Fame Class or 2008. Now I work in the IT department for one of the largest Manfacturing housing company's in the United States.

Some of you know me from my days maddenmania.com where I begin my NCAA forum rants (g) before it closed down. Played in a lot of leagues, but one league stands out the most and it's one that Gschwendt ran using All Pro Football by 2K, I had a blast in that league and how I got Earl Campbell with the 2nd or 3rd pick I will never know, then again I might have been the only one having a blast cause Earl Campbell was near impossible to stop.

to add I'm at BIG BAMA fan! Been Playing Football since the days of the atari 2600.
    Last edited by Coachdenz; 05-21-2010 at 03:12 PM.

hey grid do anything with the Alabama vipers? I've been up to see them play years ago, I believe they were called the Tennessee Valley Vipers back then and was part of the AFL2.
    Last edited by Coachdenz; 05-21-2010 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coachdenz View Post
    hey grid do anything with the Alabama vipers? I've been up to see them play years ago, I believe they were called the Tennessee Valley Vipers back then and was part of the AFL2.
    not much with them personally... there used to be a guy that was with IFSB that handled them exclusive, he was friends with one of the staff at the time... which im sure that none of the same staff are there that used to be there... its been a while since i worked with any arena teams, been focusing on euro ball since the exodus of NFLE...

much respect for UNA... Will Hall is the only individual player i remember... but i know there were many others...

"E"

Man, we sure have some guys with some solid football backgrounds here. I'd love to say I played in college but I would be lying. Never even had a dream of that. I played two years of high school ball in a program that would be so pathetic you would just laugh. Six year olds at Pop Warner would have gotten better coaching than what he had.

Hey guys, i'm Nature Boy. Married, 42 with a beautiful eight month old daughter. I've been apart of the Madden Community since 2002. I'm a Senior Moderator on the Madden and NCAA Football forums on the EA Sports website. I've been a member of several Madden sites over the years and i'm glad to be a part of this one as well.

I'm a lifelong fan of the South Carolina Gamecocks, Oakland Raiders, LA Lakers and LA Kings. My gamertag is NatureBoy2323 for the PS3 and 360. You can find me on twitter as well. www.twitter.com/NatureBoy2323

Quote Originally Posted by NatureBoy View Post
    Hey guys, i'm Nature Boy. Married, 42 with a beautiful eight month old daughter. I've been apart of the Madden Community since 2002. I'm a Senior Moderator on the Madden and NCAA Football forums on the EA Sports website. I've been a member of several Madden sites over the years and i'm glad to be a part of this one as well.

I'm a lifelong fan of the South Carolina Gamecocks, Oakland Raiders, LA Lakers and LA Kings. My gamertag is NatureBoy2323 for the PS3 and 360. You can find me on twitter as well. www.twitter.com/NatureBoy2323
    Startin the family up just in time huh?

yeah now he will have an excuse to be "up late" with the "baby" and getting her to "sleep" while he just so happens to play "NCAA" lol... i have a 9, 7, and 4 year old... ive used that "excuse" many times... lol

"E"

Hey guys. I'm Jake Stein, 26 years old from Tampa, Fl. I'm apart of the EA SPORTS Game Changers program and excited to finally join a gaming website that I can call home!

I haven't formally introduced myself, so here we go. I'm Flavius (Romanian) moved to the US when I was 3. I'm a die hard Michigan Wolverines fan and I'm 17 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by JStein2469 View Post
    Hey guys. I'm Jake Stein, 26 years old from Tampa, Fl. I'm apart of the EA SPORTS Game Changers program and excited to finally join a gaming website that I can call home!
    That makes 5 lucky guys who have played NCAA 11 already. Combine the three admin CD guys with Jake and Anton and it's a monopoly. Just like EA has with the NFL! (Sorry, couldn't resist stirring the pot).

Quote Originally Posted by xGRIDIRONxGURUx View Post
    yeah now he will have an excuse to be "up late" with the "baby" and getting her to "sleep" while he just so happens to play "NCAA" lol... i have a 9, 7, and 4 year old... ive used that "excuse" many times... lol

"E"
    I plan on using that come January (hopefully I'll still be playing it, I think so). I'm already up too late as it is, so my wife says she's not getting up cause I'll already be there.

Quote Originally Posted by JStein2469 View Post
    Welcome, bud.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    That makes 5 lucky guys who have played NCAA 11 already. Combine the three admin CD guys with Jake and Anton and it's a monopoly. Just like EA has with the NFL! (Sorry, couldn't resist stirring the pot).
    You forgot Shopmaster - that makes six. All we are missing is MPDamon and rynoaid.

Welcome to everyone!

Me, Austin and UGA might be able to team up on Damon
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Hey guys, jaymo76 here. I know most of you guys from NCAA Strategies and OP Sports. I've been on the NCAA bandwagon since the early 2000's. Outside of family and work, football is my hobby and passion (video, watching, playing, talking... you get the picture). Being Canadian I think I bring a bit of a different slant when looking at the game and I find NCAA and the CFL have a lot of similarities.

Props to the developers of this site. I love what I am seeing so far. Keep up the great work!

Hey everyone,

I am Kevin or Kev5890 as I am known on the internet. I used to moderate Madden Planet/EA Sports Fans but now I am a moderator for the official EA Sports Forums. I am also apart of the original members of the EA Sports Game Changers. And I run The Sports Game Guy with Damon.

If you guys have Twitter you can follow me @Kev5890