• Negative

5 21.74%
  • Hate it

0 0%
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Madden NFL 12 Demo Impressions & Feedback Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    Yeah I've had it work well when I've set it up. It worked better with Rodgers than Cutler. Could be due to Rodgers having a better PAC rating or that the O-line is better but I've had success. Since auto-drop back is out it should be easier to run play action

I can't wait for Friday so I can try out the Eagles. Their offense is going to be just disgusting. I'll still probably use the Rams online 99% of the time, but I also really want to try out the Bucs and the Cardinals. Both of them should also have very explosive offenses. I guess I'll try out the Pats, too, since I'll be using their play book as my base. I doubt I even make that many changes to their playbook, they already have most of the formations I'm looking for.

I need to stop playing the demo as I have overplayed it and now the little things are starting to annoy me and they should not be annoying me until sometime in late September lol.

I'm done with the demo until retail myself. I want to use different teams and get commentary. Have the game pre-ordered through Amazon and the $20 credit.

Yeah, I haven't touched the demo for awhile now. I decided pretty early on that I was going to get the Season Ticket, so I didn't want to burn myself out on it. I may play a little bit tomorrow, but other than that, I'm content waiting til Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I'm done with the demo until retail myself. I want to use different teams and get commentary. Have the game pre-ordered through Amazon and the $20 credit.
    Is that deal good for Canada too? I thought it weas only the US so I didn't even look at it.

One thing that kind of baffles me? The CPU is able to generate nearly instant pressure versus me anytime it wants, and yet I have trouble even getting to the QB regardless of the blitz I call. I'm guessing online is going to be similar to how my pass rush is and that's not good. If people have that much time to throw, I'm going to get annoyed.

I'm also kind of clueless as to how a 92 speed player is able to keep step for step with Devin Hester. Every time I throw a deep ball, the defense is always able to keep stride for stride with whoever I throw to.

IOU, the CPU plays differently than a user. Meaning the game plays differently offline against the CPU. Against users you will be able to generate a rush I'm positive. I don't even grade a game in certain aspestcs while playing the CPU.

Oh and if Hester could just run away from guys like that on deep passes they would always do that in real life ...pretty sure though it may due to his route running possibly
    Last edited by skipwondah33; 08-24-2011 at 07:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Is that deal good for Canada too? I thought it weas only the US so I didn't even look at it.
    No, it's only in the US. But my brother works in Detroit and lets me have a lot of crap shipped to him from Amazon.com. The fact the identical item is often cheaper on the US site along with no tax is too hard to pass up at times. I got $1 release day shipping and with the $20 credit I basically paid $41 for Madden. It looks like I have a buyer on Kijiji for NCAA 12 at $30. I was hoping to get more but Best Buy and EB are only offering $20 to $21 on trade right now. I probably would have stayed over here if they had a decent trade value (was hoping for an EB Games power trade). Best Buy Canada is offering a $10 credit (reward zone points) to buy it but with our 13% tax it can't touch the Amazon.com deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I was hoping to get more but Best Buy and EB are only offering $20 to $21 on trade right now.
    You sure? In the states, EB has a thing where you get 30% extra for any games traded towards Madden, including NCAA. I did this just the other day and got $37 for NCAA, which I thought was fantastic. $3 for a one month rent? Hell yeah.

The promotions are often different. I love those power trades but EB/Gamestop Canada hasn't offered one for Madden. The lack of popularity of college football over here also hurts trade values.

Tivs.ca tracks trade in values in Canada and the 360 version of NCAA 12 were getting $20 or $21 a week after release!

I just checked out their Canadian site and it says if you trade two games valued at $8 or more, you get $50 towards Madden.

Link

Hell, that's better than the deal we have here in the States.

Damn that's a great deal

Yeah, it is. I'm kind of jealous right now.

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    I just checked out their Canadian site and it says if you trade two games valued at $8 or more, you get $50 towards Madden.

Link

Hell, that's better than the deal we have here in the States.
    But I don't have two trades with $8 plus trade in value lol. Plus they seem to find a way to keep trade values at $7 or less for a lot of games. That is the best deal currently. I think I saw Future Shop have a trade 3 get the game free (all minimum $8 tiv). That starts this Friday: http://forums.redflagdeals.com/aug-2...-week-1073737/
    Last edited by Rudy; 08-24-2011 at 08:10 PM.

I redownloaded the Madden 12 demo as I traded in Madden 12 awhile ago and I wanted to compare it to NCAA. It's funny as I forgot how ugly the grass looked and how there was no commentary in the demo. That said I also forgot you could select difficulty level AND sliders and options in the game! Fantastic!

I must say I enjoyed playing the Madden 12 demo more than the NCAA 13 demo. I like how they show replays while you call plays. The replay system is automatically better than NCAA since I don't see any of those dumb replays that have three splines (QB, throw, WR catch) although M13 is adding those stupid things! I think the tackling and player interaction is more diverse and better than NCAA 13. NCAA is more than a year behind Madden in good player tackling animations and variety imo. Player movement is still smoother in the M12 demo although it may not be fair as I can make adjustments to options like slow game speed which makes this area even better. I do remember thinking the player weight and momentum was toned down in the retail version a bit (I didn't like this).

Just downloading the M12 demo makes me extremely confident that the gameplay in M13 will still be far more polished and better than NCAA 13 for my tastes and style. I can't even put my exact finger on why I haven't enjoyed the NCAA 13 demo but it just fails to excite me. There is no doubt about which game I will be buying this year.

Rudy, I will be fascinated to get your take on Madden 13 after it drops. I thought the gameplay in Madden 12 was great. Had CCM been combined with all the features of offline FRANCHISE 12, then IMO I think Madden 13 could go down as one of the greats of our time. However, addition by subtraction I think will hurt this game in the end. I need good gameplay and all the bells and whistles. Based on Looman's twitter quotes I get the feeling that PLAYER EDITING and PLAY ANY GAME will NOT be coming back... ever.

There is a minor work around for the play every game Jaymo. If you start as an existing coach (don't create yourself) you can bounce from coach to coach to play other games. Shopmaster found this at the last community day event.