5 21.74%
  • Hate it

0 0%
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Madden NFL 12 Demo Impressions & Feedback Thread

• Facebook
  • Display

Madden NFL 12 Demo Impressions & Feedback Thread

Tomorrow (Tuesday, August 9th, 2011) the Madden NFL 12 demo will be released for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

The demo features one match-up--the Green Bay Packers versus the Chicago Bears at Soldier Field--and allows players to play a full four quarter game with 5 minute quarter lengths. Players can choose any difficulty they desire. There is no commentary in the demo.

The demo should be available sometime early morning--typically between 4AM and 6AM Eastern Time--for the Xbox 360 and sometime between 5PM and 7PM Eastern Time for the PlayStation 3.

Please use this thread to post your impressions and feedback once you have the opportunity to download the demo and play some games.

I was able to get two games in this morning before work and I thought it was pretty solid for a demo. EA's demos have generally been builds that are about 2-4 months old in comparison to retail and I think they did a good job of showcasing the improved gameplay.

Haven't been able to dig deep yet, but those are my early impressions.

Downloading it right now.

AWFUL! NCAA plays much better. Even the NCAA demo was superior.
    Camera pulls back when you snap the ball and it just feels too distant from the action.

Player model look like crap. Presentation is so-so, not sure what all the hype was about.
    I honestly can't believe someone worked a whole year on this game. The whole Madden development team needs to be fired.
    Despite several flaws NCAA is THE game if you want to play football.
    I will have no trouble passing on Madden (again). I also will be deleting the demo.

Before any Xbox Live Silver members get too excited, apparently the demo is a "Gold Exclusive" this week on the 360:

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Pr...5-d8024541895f

Silver members should be able to access the demo next Tuesday, August 16th.

PlayStation 3 owners will be able to download the demo regardless of whether you are a "standard" member or PS+ subscriber.

And for those concerned about hard drive space, the demo--according to that Xbox.com listing--weighs in at 1.53GB. If you're an owner of an older console model with a smaller HD like I am, make space accordingly.

Madden NFL 12 Demo Footage from People Who Didn't Sleep Last Night

Quote Originally Posted by Whammer View Post
    Camera pulls back when you snap the ball and it just feels too distant from the action.

Player model look like crap. Presentation is so-so, not sure what all the hype was about.
    I honestly can't believe someone worked a whole year on this game. The whole Madden development team needs to be fired.
    I will have no trouble passing on Madden (again). I also will be deleting the demo.
    I beg to differ. I've played 3 games and I can say safely Madden plays a lot better than NCAA this year. I didn't see stupid low trajectory on intermediate passes. I didn't see Guards just letting go of DTs and allowing them in. I didn't see passes hitting a WR in the head without an attempt to catch it. The game is way smoother. The play calling screen is way smoother. The run blocking seems to work much better. There's more realistic pressure off the edges. Zone defense reacts more appropriately than NCAA does. There isn't a single thing I have to complain about at the moment, which is exactly what I expected. The only thing they needed to do was tighten up zone defense and improve defense against the flats, and it appears they've done just that.

Basmare
    I always like little things and while I played a few games, my opponent was in the Red Zone. A short pass to the left complete, but shortly after he fumbled the ball. You could just sense a little confusion on the field whether that was really a live ball.

I feel that All-Pro level suits my skill level a lot more this time around, as the games are closer. I can give up the big pass once, and sack Aaron Rodgers for a Safety the next drive. But I'm just playing the game on a fun level more then on full realism.

Furthermore, I really enjoy the new presentation style with the new introduction of the offense and defense, but that will be better when commentary is there to introduce the players. Still I think the crowd noise is just too scripted. There are many voids were there's just no noise, or noise about something for no reason. With the commentary on, that will be better, but still it's a working point in my opinion.

Also, in response to Whammer and on a personal note - I'm really looking forward to the improvements in Franchise mode, as I played NFL Head Coach 09 and enjoyed that, so to combine playing and the depth of that game - awesome.

Edit: Anyone commenting on the change on Special teams (Kick and punt meters etc.)?

Quote Originally Posted by Paakaa10 View Post

those team entrances look a lot better than the ncaa ones. i think its the moving/swivelling camera, but it feels a lot more natural than the static cam in ncaa. i like it

It's sweet to see the dynamic player performance kicking in. At halftime, I've gotten a couple sacks on Jay Cutler, and his DPP is currently Sense Pressure - Paranoid and Tuck & Run - Often. And he has done exactly that for the 2nd quarter. The slightest bit of pressure, he starts dancing around in the pocket exactly like he's paranoid, and then after a second or two if he hasn't gotten rid of the ball, his ass bails out and hauls out of the pocket on a scramble.

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    I beg to differ. I've played 3 games and I can say safely Madden plays a lot better than NCAA this year. I didn't see stupid low trajectory on intermediate passes. I didn't see Guards just letting go of DTs and allowing them in. I didn't see passes hitting a WR in the head without an attempt to catch it. The game is way smoother. The play calling screen is way smoother. The run blocking seems to work much better. There's more realistic pressure off the edges. Zone defense reacts more appropriately than NCAA does. There isn't a single thing I have to complain about at the moment, which is exactly what I expected. The only thing they needed to do was tighten up zone defense and improve defense against the flats, and it appears they've done just that.
    Maybe not receivers, but a Jay Cutler pass just bounced right off the top of my CB's head and he never even made a single attempt to grab, before or after it hit him in the head.

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    Sounds promising IOU. My expectations going into the demo and this game were what you hit on. Last year's version was a great improvement in the right the direction and was looking for more of the same this year. Looking forward to playing it later.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    It's sweet to see the dynamic player performance kicking in. At halftime, I've gotten a couple sacks on Jay Cutler, and his DPP is currently Sense Pressure - Paranoid and Tuck & Run - Often. And he has done exactly that for the 2nd quarter. The slightest bit of pressure, he starts dancing around in the pocket exactly like he's paranoid, and then after a second or two if he hasn't gotten rid of the ball, his ass bails out and hauls out of the pocket on a scramble.
    That sounds great. I don't play the CPU though so I wonder if it will factor in a bit when another human opponent is controlling him. Like does his accuracy go down a bit or his passes erratic. Things like that.

I'm a complete asshole for suggesting everyone on the Madden team be fired.
    Agreed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by steelerfan; 08-09-2011 at 11:05 AM.

Downloading demo right now for 360.Will give a short review later tonight after a bunch of games!Can't wait for this.Though I wish it had better team.But good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Maybe not receivers, but a Jay Cutler pass just bounced right off the top of my CB's head and he never even made a single attempt to grab, before or after it hit him in the head.
    I saw that once in 3 games, and I would MUCH rather deal with that happening than a receiver on a route that could give me a first down. It doesn't appear to be happening nearly as often as the ball hitting the receiver in the head on NCAA, too.

Overally I enjoyed the Demo
    At first I couldnt move the ball, then I changed Game Speed and Thres. and some sliders, then I was able to move the ball.
    I lost a game 10-6. I couldve won, but I gave up a TD with 20 secs left. Devin Hester beat Tramon Williams deep for a 40 yard deep and then Knox finished up with a TD. It couldve have been 10-9, but I missed a FG.

Whats the point of this review, if we can call it that? Full of just pointless negativity with no real reason to back those OPINIONS. This forum wasn't built on allowing some keyboard warrior earn his stripes. Constructive criticism is welcomed, trust I've exercised it slightly here but this bullshit is uncalled for. No point of saying these guys need to be fired. Madden is a great game, some people just have to let 2k5 go... it ain't coming back anytime soon. So to make the only game we have better we have to give honest opinions and realistic suggestions to the Game Changers who in turn give it to the developers. Its sports 'gamers' like yourself that do more harm than good for those of us that just want a good football game.

To make a long post short... grow the phuck up bruh.

One thing I noticed that was also in NCAA 12 is that if I audible the play from a pass to run vice versa, I am able to get better yardage than if I stayed with the play. If I change to a run play, I am able get better yards if I originally had a run play

Quote Originally Posted by JerzeyReign View Post
    Whats the point of this review, if we can call it that? Full of just pointless negativity with no real reason to back those OPINIONS. This forum wasn't built on allowing some keyboard warrior earn his stripes. Constructive criticism is welcomed, trust I've exercised it slightly here but this bullshit is uncalled for. No point of saying these guys need to be fired. Madden is a great game, some people just have to let 2k5 go... it ain't coming back anytime soon. So to make the only game we have better we have to give honest opinions and realistic suggestions to the Game Changers who in turn give it to the developers. Its sports 'gamers' like yourself that do more harm than good for those of us that just want a good football game.

To make a long post short... grow the phuck up bruh.