Page 33 of 52 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Movies Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    Would like to see Mazerunner and The Equalizer, likely one of the two in theaters.

Watched Guardians of the Galaxy. Very fun movie. Not a top 5 Marvel movie but still really good IMO.

These two are new releases on Amazon. If you like sports documentaries, you will like these.

We could be King

Inspiring movie, great coach.

Next Goal Wins

A documentary on the American Samoa soccer team, that was rated the lowest team on the FIFA rankings and had never won a game and only scored 2 goals in 17 years. Famously known for losing to Australia 31-0. The documentary covers their attempt to qualify the WC in Brazil, with a new coach and the first trangender player to play in a tournament FIFA match. Absolutely loved this movie.
    Last edited by bdoughty; 08-23-2014 at 08:47 AM.

Looking forward to Interstellar next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    I went to see this in the theatre. A) cuz I love the movie and B) it was the only movie in the franchise I didn't see in the theatre.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    Still have mixed feelings on this. As a kid I always wanted them to continue the story. However, now as an adult I appreciate the original trilogy and really despise episodes 1 and 2. I'm not sold on needing to continue the story. What type of Star Wars will we get? I also have major concerns about JJ Abrams and his vision of things...

Won't lie... regardless of my concerns, I will see it when it hits the theatres.

I really enjoyed what Abrams did with Star Trek. The new movies didn't feel like Star Trek - same universe but a fresh blockbuster feel. I loved the original Star Wars movies as a kid and am looking forward to the new ones. The prequels were bad and episode 2 is unwatchable. The biggest problem is we knew the outcome so there wasn't this epic good vs evil thing going on and the characters weren't as interesting (plus stories and Hayden Christenson were garbage). The Hobbit suffers from a similar fate. It's not nearly as epic as LOTR since the whole trilogy revolves around dwarves trying to get back their gold from a dragon bully. It lacks any epic feel and you have to remind yourself why do I care?
    Last edited by Rudy; 11-29-2014 at 01:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I really enjoyed what Abrams did with Star Trek. The new movies didn't feel like Star Trek - same universe but a fresh blockbuster feel. I loved the original Star Wars movies as a kid and am looking forward to the new ones. The prequels were bad and episode 2 is unwatchable. The biggest problem is we knew the outcome so there wasn't this epic good vs evil thing going on and the characters weren't as interesting (plus stories and Hayden Christenson were garbage). The Hobbit suffers from a similar fate. It's not nearly as epic as LOTR since the whole trilogy revolves around dwarves trying to get back their gold from a dragon bully. It lacks any epic feel and you have to remind yourself why do I care?
    I can agree on this. As a kid still in school when the LOTR movies were coming out in theaters, I hadn't yet read the books, so I had no clue how things would turn out and it was just this massive epic watching it play out 3+ hours at a time in the movie theater. Hell, Return of the King, I watched that movie THREE damn times in one day at the theater. I went with a bunch of friends on a Saturday afternoon to watch it, then after coming out and getting something to eat there at the food court, we all said fuck it and back in for the late afternoon showing. After that, I was already going to be meeting a different group of friends that evening to watch it, so I ended up seeing it three times in a single day and every single time watching it was still great and never dulled.

The Hobbit, while it seems like it would still be a good movie, I just haven't really bothered to try and watch it. Despite the first two parts being out on blu-ray for months/years already, I haven't bothered renting them or watching them online or anything. It just hasn't had that massive epic appeal like LOTR or the original Star Wars trilogy did. I never even saw Episodes 1-3 in theaters. I ended up watching Episode 1 and 2 on TV or somewhere after it had long left theaters, if anything just to have a clue what would be going on come episode 3, but I never watched them in theaters. Episode 3 is the only one I intentionally went out of my way to watch on DVD after it was released and I'll still watch whenever they randomly throw it on TV (which seems to be just about never these days).

Sit down everyone. This won't go well.

I like episodes 1-3 more than 4-6 but think each movie is at least 30 minutes too long.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    Sit down everyone. This won't go well.

I like episodes 1-3 more than 4-6 but think each movie is at least 30 minutes too long.

SC has it described pretty well.

Star wars trailer looks good imo. I just don't like the looks of the light saber.

.......Dec. 2015.............. ................... .................. sigh

Jared Leto, Will Smith, Tom Hardy, Margot Robbie, Jai Courtney and Cara Delevingne will make up the all-star cast of Warner Bros.’ supervillain tentpole “Suicide Squad,” it was announced on Tuesday.

Based on the DC comicbook, the story centers on the team of supervillains who are given a chance at redemption by the government. The catch: Their mission will probably kill them all.

The actors’ names had long been rumored for the high-profile movie, which opens Aug. 5, 2016, but their deals and characters hadn’t been finalized.

Here’s the official cast/character list:

Jared Leto – The Joker
    Will Smith – Deadshot
    Tom Hardy – Rick Flag
    Margot Robbie – Harley Quinn
    Jai Courtney – Boomerang
    Cara Delevingne – Enchantress

“Suicide Squad,” directed by David Ayer and produced by Charles Roven and Richard Suckle, will begin shooting next April in Toronto.

According to insiders, Jesse Eisenberg is also in talks to play Lex Luthor in the film, a role he will first play in “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice,” though the status of his deal is unknown.

Warners has long viewed this project as the “Ocean’s Eleven” of comicbook movies and has been looking to load up the roster with top tier talent.

Warners still has the role of Amanda Waller, the character who oversees the team (similar to Nick Fury in the Marvel universe), to cast before the film goes into production. The studio’s shortlist of actresses being eyed for the role includes Viola Davis, Octavia Spencer and Oprah Winfrey, whom sources say would be WB’s first choice for the part.

Oprah?

Upcoming Movies Thread

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    Jared Leto, Will Smith, Tom Hardy, Margot Robbie, Jai Courtney and Cara Delevingne will make up the all-star cast of Warner Bros.’ supervillain tentpole “Suicide Squad,” it was announced on Tuesday.

Based on the DC comicbook, the story centers on the team of supervillains who are given a chance at redemption by the government. The catch: Their mission will probably kill them all.

The actors’ names had long been rumored for the high-profile movie, which opens Aug. 5, 2016, but their deals and characters hadn’t been finalized.

Here’s the official cast/character list:

Jared Leto – The Joker
    Will Smith – Deadshot
    Tom Hardy – Rick Flag
    Margot Robbie – Harley Quinn
    Jai Courtney – Boomerang
    Cara Delevingne – Enchantress

“Suicide Squad,” directed by David Ayer and produced by Charles Roven and Richard Suckle, will begin shooting next April in Toronto.

According to insiders, Jesse Eisenberg is also in talks to play Lex Luthor in the film, a role he will first play in “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice,” though the status of his deal is unknown.

Warners has long viewed this project as the “Ocean’s Eleven” of comicbook movies and has been looking to load up the roster with top tier talent.

Warners still has the role of Amanda Waller, the character who oversees the team (similar to Nick Fury in the Marvel universe), to cast before the film goes into production. The studio’s shortlist of actresses being eyed for the role includes Viola Davis, Octavia Spencer and Oprah Winfrey, whom sources say would be WB’s first choice for the part.

Oprah?
    The difference between this movie and Ocean's Eleven is that Ocean's Eleven is a "fun" movie (like the Marvel movies). DC movies are mandated to be serious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by cdj; 12-05-2014 at 07:50 AM. Reason: embedded video