Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 Nike Pro Combat Uniform System

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Ugh, Nike should be banned from making new uniforms. Too many of them are just butt freaking ugly.

Now this is just a rumor but there are some Georgia folks saying that this is what the "top secret" pro combat unis will look like for Georgia/BSU.
    I scoured my copy of the 2011-2012 NCAA Football rulebook today looking for something prohibiting a multi-colored facemask from being worn on the field of play; unfortunately, I came up empty.

Kudos to the Nike designer for "thinking outside the box"--as much as I hate that saying--since I've never heard of or seen a facemask of multiple colors before this "leaked" photo. That said, there's a reason we haven't seen it before; because it looks pretty dumb.

And the more I look at that "leaked" picture, the more I start to see this:

Nice catch with the GOW image.

Keep in mind it is still a rumor but stupider things ave come true (i.e. Legends and Leaders).

Nice catch with the GOW image.

Keep in mind it is still a rumor but stupider things ave come true (i.e. Legends and Leaders).
    All of the Pro Combat stuff is taken with a grain of salt until the official release event for me. The "templates" are so easy to get your hands on, as we saw a few months back with the "leaked" NFL re-designs. Anyone with a decent version of a photo editing program can throw everyone off.

I will say this though; if that Georgia "leak" is fake, kudos to the people who orchestrated it for printing it out and taking a photo of it to make it look more authentic than just leaking an image file of the design. Definitely makes the skeptics think twice about calling it a forgery.

Don't remind me

If the players like it, they wear it. The customer is always right and btw Nike's gotta get the smaller school in there too!

How is Adidas and UA gonna compete with these?

Maryland has some Under Armour unis that would make Nike proud (the color scheme does not help). They have the new South Carolina Unis that look nice. Love the Wounded Warrior Project but most of the unis were a bit of an eyesore.

As for Adidas I like some of the color options A&M has been using. Can't think of anything to wild off the top of my head outside of the throwback unis for the Mich/ND game. ND looks good but the Michigan unis I would pass on.

It is nice to support a team that does not feel the need to change it's uniform every few years. I am more of a traditionalist and even the OU Pro combat unis looked good since they were not outrageous and more of a throwback.

Yeah, those Michigan/Notre Dame throwbacks need to do exactly that, be thrown back. Ugly.

what happened to football? what is this now a fashion show? wheres all the tradition and old school? i need old old school unis. not something made by a desighner in Milan. michigans are sweet. ND so so. better than oregans BCS UNIS.

Quote Originally Posted by Paakaa10 View Post
    Kudos to the Nike designer for "thinking outside the box"
    Thinking outside the box only deserves kudos when it's a good idea, bud.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Every time Nike releases a new set of uniforms, this movie gets repeated in my head. In the 70's this stuff was genius as it attracted the much adorned free loving hippie market.

Rutgers is apparently getting Pro Combat Uniforms for 2012, so I can't wait for next year.

Every time Nike releases a new set of uniforms, this movie gets repeated in my head. In the 70's this stuff was genius as it attracted the much adorned free loving hippie market.

dude lol how old are you ? this movie didnt have anything to with or attracting any free love hippy market...it came out in the mid/late 70s and had more of a trendy disco theme..aside from being a cheesy cult favorite years later haha...and Dr J was in it, along with Norm Nixon and Kareem..the free love hippie market was the 60s and white people, not 70s disco era black people...and i'm just rambling off stuff for fun, not trying to insult you for posting this if thats the way it looks.
    Last edited by ram29jackson; 08-01-2011 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ussr8219 View Post
    what happened to football? what is this now a fashion show? wheres all the tradition and old school? i need old old school unis. not something made by a desighner in Milan. michigans are sweet. ND so so. better than oregans BCS UNIS.
    I dont get it ?... you realize ND is actually doing a version of an old school uni and michigans are fake embellishments dont you ? it should be the other way around

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    dude lol how old are you ? this movie didnt have anything to with or attracting any free love hippy market...it came out in the mid/late 70s and had more of a trendy disco theme..aside from being a cheesy cult favorite years later haha...and Dr J was in it, along with Norm Nixon and Kareem..the free love hippie market was the 60s and white people, not 70s disco era black people...and i'm just rambling off stuff for fun, not trying to insult you for posting this if thats the way it looks.
    I am in my late 30's and have seen the movie numerous times. Jonathan Winters and Stockard Channing were also in it. The movie was based on astrology and the team was made up of all players born under the Pisces. So replace my comment of hippies with moonbats.

Oregon Ducks -- 2011 Pro Combat Uniform "Leak"

Courtesy of an RT from @SolidVerbal on Twitter.

...they broke these Oregon jerseys out at the NikeTown opening in Las Vegas today.

so whats the difference between these and oregon's normal unis?

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Small subtle differences. Like most of the Pro Combat Uniforms, not enough to really be worthwhile.

At least WVU's looked different.

I am in my late 30's and have seen the movie numerous times. Jonathan Winters and Stockard Channing were also in it. The movie was based on astrology and the team was made up of all players born under the Pisces. So replace my comment of hippies with moonbats.
    Naahh it was just the cheesy disco era, and it was still the thing for people to ask " so,..whats your sign?"

I never heard the slang moonbat LOL. It was just a silly movie thats now a cult favorite with the basketball lovers crowd.
    ...and now they are starting to get creative with basketball courts too. Back in the 70s though, I think wichita State had one that was almost entirely black....?

Georgia's Pro Combat Uniforms from @SportsCenter:

Link: http://twitgoo.com/2nsr3t

EDIT:
    Man... can't say I'm a fan of this design. The helmet is interesting, but the jersey and pants are so blah. Some of the Pro Combat uniforms are criticized--and rightly so--for trying to do too much, but this isn't doing enough to justify making a big deal about it.
    Last edited by Paakaa10; 08-20-2011 at 12:22 PM.

More photos of the Georgia Pro Combat from Facebook: