Page 3 of 85 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Smooth Pancakes' Coaching Carousel Career

• Facebook
  • Display
    Will the Ragin' Cajuns keep you from that elusive first win?

Quote Originally Posted by JerzeyReign View Post
    Will the Ragin' Cajuns keep you from that elusive first win?
    That's what we're going to be finding out later today. I still need to replay my UCF game, as I am only done up through Louisville on my transition from a single player Online Dynasty to an offline dynasty, but I'm hoping to make the Ragin' Cajuns my first win. Should have been my second if I didn't blow it against North Texas in the rematch against them.

And the UCF rematch has been played, and the new game summary has been posted. I'm gonna say that North Texas game was a fluke in regards to the number of yard and points we put up. Because we suck.

In the UCF-FIU rematch, the final score was 27-6 the first time around when playing as a single player OD. In the offline dynasty rematch, we did manage to score 3 more points than the first game. Only problem was, UCF was able to score 31 extra #!@$ing points on their way to anally abusing me 58-9.
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 07-21-2011 at 02:20 PM.

It looks like you have success on the ground, maybe you should run more? Especially if your D can't hold any opponents. Slowing the game down looks like the best route.

::Just take my comments as the fan who calls up the local sports talkshow::

It looks like you have success on the ground, maybe you should run more? Especially if your D can't hold any opponents. Slowing the game down looks like the best route.

::Just take my comments as the fan who calls up the local sports talkshow::
    I like that sports talk show comment.

Yeah, I tried to get my ground game going, but between UCF pretty much keying in on the run each play, and my third straight game playing in the rain, we barely were able to get anything going on the ground. Granted, even with a 75 rated offense that FIU has, UCF is rated 85 on defense, 88 on offense (FIU rated 67 defense), and 88 overall (FIU rated 70 overall), so a whooping was pretty much expected.

I'm just at a loss how much I have progressively done worse against UCF. My first game I played in the OD, I lost 10-0, however that game was lost as I accidentally quit out with 30 seconds left to play, after I had paused the game following a failed fourth down conversion to start typing up game stats. My second game game attempt vs UCF in the OD, I lost 27-6. This game in the offline dynasty, I lose 58-9. Talk about falling on my face.

Thankfully, things start getting easier from here on out. Louisville and UCF were the toughest teams on my schedule with Louisville rated in the mid-80s and UCF in the upper-80s. I just have Duke left for my "guaranteed loss" games. Everyone else, now that I'm playing fellow Sun Belt teams the rest of the way (besides Akron), are all mid to low 70s or 60s for ratings.

So the season's definitely not lost yet, though 0-3 is a tough hole to climb out of, even for just a 6-6 season. I'm figuring on losses to Duke, Arkansas State, and Troy. UL Monroe, UL Lafayette, Akron, Western Kentucky, Florida Atlantic, I should all be able to win. The one game, that I am not sure about, and that could decided between a 6-6 season or a 5-7 season, is my final game of the year against Middle Tennessee State. They could be a tough one, or they could be a pushover. I have no clue.

Game Four

Game Notes

--- Finally. It only took until our fourth game, but finally a game that isn’t being played in the rain. Coming into this game in a 0-3 hole to start the season, as well as already being down in the conference 0-1 due to our week 2 loss to North Texas, this is a must win game for us. Lafayette won the coin toss and elected to kick. A kickoff return by T.Y. Hilton all the way to our 38 yard line set a great starting tone for our team.

Unfortunately it didn’t matter much as we promptly went 3 and out on offense, and then our defense decided to just roll over and play dead, giving up passes of 13 and 25 yards, as well as a 12 yard pass that Lafayette was able to complete to convert on a 4th and 8 attempt. However, our offense was not about to give up, choosing to go the air more in our second drive, and eventually managing to find our way into the end zone. Our stupid lousy kicker however would screw things up on the extra point and keep us from evening up the score.

Inspired by the offensive performance, our defense came out and, after giving up a 14 yard pass to start Lafayette’s drive, managed to shut them down to force the first Ragin’ Cajun punt of the day. Our offense would use that momentum to piece together a drive from our 39 yard line down to the Lafayette 12. However, an interception on 2nd and 9 at the 6 yard line, that was then returned clear back out to the Ragin’ Cajun 45 yard line, killed the momentum our team had built up. Lafayette would waste no time putting the ball back in the end zone.

Sensing the possibility of losing control of the game, our offense quickly moved down the field on our next drive, before striking a dagger on a post route that would lead to a 45 yard sprint to the end zone. We attempted to go for the two point conversion, however it ultimately was batted down incomplete. Our defense though did its job again, forcing a 3 and out and getting us the ball back. We would make it down to the 23 yard line, though ultimately would be forced to settle for a 40 yard field goal.

Despite letting Lafayette advance the ball to midfield, they eventually held tough and forced another punt, giving our offense a chance to try and extend our first lead since the first quarter of the North Texas game. We were able to drive down to the Lafayette 19, but once again, had to settle for a field goal. Our defense was able to force three straight incomplete passes on Lafayette’s next drive, giving us the ball back with 3 minutes left to play, and a chance to pull away before halftime.

We finally found a little bit of success on the ground, but the Lafayette defense, clearly keying on the run game still, as well as bring a heavy blitz regularly, forced us to go the air most of the drive. We managed to finally make it to the Ragin’ Cajun 6 yard line, before a pair of incomplete passes stalled our offense and forced a third straight field goal. Our defense was able to get us the ball back with 30 seconds to play. A huge pass on second down managed to get us down to the Lafayette 6 yard line, before a short completion would get stopped just short of the end zone. After calling timeout with 15 seconds left, we tried to punch it in, and finally found the end zone again, extending our lead just before the half. We would have doubled our lead, but Sir Shanks-A-Lot missed the extra point, again.

Start of the second half, our defense was able to force a punt, and while our offense was able to begin moving the ball, an interception on our 28 yard line killed our drive, and forced our defense into a huge hole. It took Lafayette 5 plays to find the end zone. Our next offensive drive, we managed to run two plays before we proceeded to fumble the ball away on our 31 yard line, after which the Lafayette defender who recovered rumbled forward for 11 yards, giving the Ragin’ Cajuns another 1st and 10, this time from our 20 yard line. Thanks to a pass interference call on our defense on 3rd and 5, our lead disappeared.

Our offense, seemingly pissed at about the two turnovers inside our own 30 yard line on consecutive possessions, as well as losing our lead, needed only 7 plays to race down the field and reclaim the lead. Our second attempt at a two point attempt, much like the first, failed. I also again am going to hang our defensive coordinator and the entire defense. On Lafayette’s next drive, they proceeded to slaughter our defense with passes for 12 yards, 19 yards (on 3rd and 7), 11 yards, 26 yards (on 4th and 17), and after a holding call set up a 1st and 20 on the 20 yard line, a 20 yard touchdown pass. And after all that, yet another pass, this time for a successful two point conversion.

Absolutely pissed off at our defense after that last Lafayette drive, our offense was ready to go, and only needed 5 plays to cover 68 yards and get our lead back. Lafayette proceeded to go 3 and out, and our offense went into clock killing mode. We put together a 12 play drive, shaving a couple minutes off the clock, before we had to settle for a field goal, that Sir Shanks-A-Lot once again missed from 29 yards out.

Lafayette thankfully threw 4 straight incomplete passes, giving us the ball right back at the Lafayette 20 yard line. However, after two straight rushes, Perry was able to break through the defensive line and was on his way for a touchdown, when he was stripped from behind, a fumble which Lafayette recovered, giving them the ball back on their 8 yard line with 30 seconds to play. However, they would only get as far as their 40 yard line before time expired, clinching us our first win of the season.

With the victory, we finally find the win column for the first time of the season, snapping our 3 game losing streak and improving our record to 1-3, as well as get our first Sun Belt Conference victory. With the loss, UL Lafayette drops to 1-3 for the year, 0-1 in the Sun Belt. Up next for us, the Duke Blue Devils come to town. Duke comes in with a 3-1 record on the year, opening up with a 38-7 victory over Richmond before losing 56-20 to #3 Stanford. The Blue Devils would recover to pick up a 38-25 win over Tulane and a 31-28 victory against Maryland.

Final Score
    40, 36

Stat(s) of the Game:
    - FIU Kicker Jack Griffin – 3 for 4 on field goals. 1 for 3 on extra points.
    - FIU Running Backs – 2 fumbles.
    - FIU Offense – 2 turnovers inside our own 30 yard line.
    - Both Offenses – FIU - 662 yards total offense. Lafayette - 617 yards total offense.
    - Both Defenses – God awful.

Scoring Summary

Team 1st Quarter 2nd Quarter 3rd Quarter 4th Quarter Final Score
    7 7 14 8 36
    6 21 6 7 40

Team Result Play Score
    First Quarter
    Touchdown A. Spikes, 2 yard run (B. Baer kick) 7-0
    Touchdown E. Maxey, 36 yard pass from W. Carroll (missed kick) 7-6
    Second Quarter
    Touchdown P. Hill, 3 yard pass from C. Masson (B. Baer kick) 14-6
    Touchdown J. Mertile, 55 yard pass from W. Carroll (2-point failed) 14-12
    Field Goal J. Griffin, 40 yard field goal 15-14
    Field Goal J. Griffin, 36 yard field goal 18-14
    Field Goal J. Griffin, 23 yard field goal 21-14
    Touchdown J. Mertile, 1 yard pass from W. Carroll (missed kick) 27-14
    Third Quarter
    Touchdown J. Robinson, 3 yard pass from C. Masson (B. Baer kick) 27-21
    Touchdown A. Spikes, 1 yard run (B. Baer kick) 28-27
    Touchdown J. Mertile, 21 yard pass from W. Carroll (2-point failed) 33-28
    Fourth Quarter
    Touchdown D. Surgent, 19 yard pass from C. Masson (2-point conversion) 36-33
    Touchdown T. Hilton, 24 yard pass from W. Carroll (J. Griffin kick) 40-36

Game Stats

UL Lafayette Stat Florida International
    36 Score 40
    22 First Downs 18
    617 Total Offense 662
    25 - 129 - 2 Rushes - Yards - TD 28 - 95 - 0
    21 - 53 - 3 Comp - Att - TD 25 - 48 - 5
    488 Passing Yards 567
    5 Times Sacked 0
    7 - 18 (38%) 3rd Down Conversion 7 - 16 (43%)
    2 - 3 (66%) 4th Down Conversion 1 - 1 (100%)
    1 - 1 (100%) 2-Point Conversion 0 - 2 (0%)
    6 - 5 - 0 (83%) Red Zone - TD - FG 6 - 0 - 0 (0%)
    0 Turnovers 4
    0 Fumbles Losts 2
    0 Intercepted 2
    37 Punt Return Yards 18
    114 Kick Return Yards 78
    768 Total Yards 758
    8 - 40.6 Punts - Average 2 - 43.5
    2 - 15 Penalties 11 - 73
    15:15 Time of Possession 20:45

Florida International Contract Goals Update

Fail Impact Goal Progress Pass Impact
    500+ rushing yards in each season 332
    Win 8 games in one season 1
    2000+ total offensive yards in each season 1869
    7+ passing TD in one season
    10+ points per game in each season 22 PPG
    2400+ total offensive yards in one season 1869
    Win 4 games in one season 1
    2000+ total offensive yards in one season 1869

Job Security Status

47%
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 08-26-2011 at 08:36 PM.

So that was a very weird game. I was able to pass fairly well at ease, though so was Lafayette. I'm not sure if this was just a random abnormal game, or if it was because both of our defenses really suck that bad. Granted, I was forced to regularly go to the air, thanks to the fact Lafayette was constantly stacking the box or blitzing every single play, my run game was pretty much non-existent, and trying to get anymore than 1 or 2 yards each run was pretty much impossible. It wasn't until I started going into clock killing mode in the last 5 or 6 minutes of the 4th quarter that I was able to finally start moving the ball somewhat decently on the ground.

All I know, is with as much as my defense sucked it up in this game, I am fearing my week 7 game against Duke. If it wasn't for my offense being able to move against the also sucktastic defense of Lafayette, I probably would have lost that game by at least 20 points.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    So that was a very weird game. I was able to pass fairly well at ease, though so was Lafayette. I'm not sure if this was just a random abnormal game, or if it was because both of our defenses really suck that bad. Granted, I was forced to regularly go to the air, thanks to the fact Lafayette was constantly stacking the box or blitzing every single play, my run game was pretty much non-existent, and trying to get anymore than 1 or 2 yards each run was pretty much impossible. It wasn't until I started going into clock killing mode in the last 5 or 6 minutes of the 4th quarter that I was able to finally start moving the ball somewhat decently on the ground.

All I know, is with as much as my defense sucked it up in this game, I am fearing my week 7 game against Duke. If it wasn't for my offense being able to move against the also sucktastic defense of Lafayette, I probably would have lost that game by at least 20 points.
    I F'n hate those games it drives me nuts when the CPU simply refuses to do anything other than bring the house and play BNR coverage all game long.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    I F'n hate those games it drives me nuts when the CPU simply refuses to do anything other than bring the house and play BNR coverage all game long.
    I completely agree. Literally every single play of the game, it was either multiple blitzers, or there were 4 down linemen and two of their three linebackers sitting there in the box, and an OLB or CB creeping up on the outside of one of the DEs, clearly ready to obliterate my running back if I tried to run. I never would have scored any points trying to keep it on the ground all game, because I either had to beat the blitz, or somehow get past 7-8 players in the box.

I like running the ball, being a Navy fan, I love the run. But it was impossible against Lafayette until about the last couple minutes when they started keying their defense on my receiver and pass game and less on the run. Then I was able to finally rush more than once or twice a drive. It took until halfway through the 4th quarter before I finally had a run longer than 5 yards. If that's the way Lafayette is going to play every game, ugh, I already know I'm going to hate playing them these next two years I'm still under contract at FIU.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Played a game against Texas that was like that as well. Nothing but constant pressure, bump and run coverage, and other annoying shit.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    Played a game against Texas that was like that as well. Nothing but constant pressure, bump and run coverage, and other annoying shit.
    Yep, it absolutely annoyed me to no end. I really, really hope they are the only team that I play that are like that. If I have to deal with it 3 or 4 times per season vs. conference opponents, these are going to be a very long 3 seasons.

I don't mind games like that at all. Its way better than having every team play exactly the same.

Good first win even if your defense wasn't allowed to the post game celebration

I don't mind games like that at all. Its way better than having every team play exactly the same.

Good first win even if your defense wasn't allowed to the post game celebration
    I don't either, it's definitely a nice change of pace. Though being a Navy fan in real life, I love the run. If I could emulate the real life Navy team and go an entire game doing nothing but rushes, and not throw one single pass the entire game, oh, that would be the perfect game for me. But, if I have to, I'll take to the air if that's what it takes to either win or at least remain in contention for a win.

And yeah, the defense is not at all welcome in any post game celebrations. I'm still debating, for the second time this season, whether or not to hang the defensive coordinator, and the entire defense, by a yardarm. But still a good win, ugly, but good. Glad to finally get that monkey off my back.

I just hit halftime of my game vs. Duke. All I'm going to say right now is, upset alert?

Duke being a favorite in football is kind of mind blowing in itself

Duke being a favorite in football is kind of mind blowing in itself
    Very true. They should be in the gym working on their jump shots.

Game Five

Game Notes

--- After managing to pull out a shootout win last week, we welcomed Duke into town. Something gave me the feeling that this wasn’t going to be pretty. Duke won the coin toss, elected to kick, giving our offense the chance to set the tone for the game. Our running game wasn’t able to get much going early on, but a pair of third down conversions through the air allowed us to advance the ball to the Duke 30 yard line before settling for a 47 yard field goal.

Duke meanwhile, proved that their offense was much better than our defense, and was able to drive 79 yards in 8 plays to take the lead. Our offense however, proved up to the task of answering back. After Darriet Perry was able to explode up the gut for a 1st down on the ground, Duke’s defense came out in a jailbreak blitz on the ensuing play. A quick audible from a run to a pass play, and Wesley Carroll was able to strike Junior Mertile for a 28 yard gain thanks to the lack of mid-range defenders. A couple more plays, including a third down conversion, and Perry took us home as he dived into the end zone from one yard out to reclaim the lead for us.

That drive seemed to rattle Duke, as they would gain only one first down on their next series, and then were stopped cold by our defense on 3rd and inches, resulting in a punt. Our offense, continuing on the momentum of the game, was able to clear from our 17 yard line, all the way down to the Duke 2. Unfortunately, as we faced a 4th and goal situation from the 2 yard line, Coach Cristobal elected to kick the field goal, which Jack Griffin proceeded to miss the 19 yard attempt, shanking it to the left.

After a penalty on the defense on 3rd down allowed Duke a free first down, the Blue Devils were able to drive clear down to our 27 yard line, before Jonathon Cyprien was able to recover a Duke fumble on our 19 yard line, giving us the ball back.

After being stopped the first time, our offense refused to go down this time, as 12 play, 5 minute drive ended with Darriet Perry plowing into the end zone from 1 yard out to give us a 10 point lead. Duke was clearly rattled after that drive, with the momentum fully shifted onto our side, as the Blue Devils promptly went 3 and out with three straight incomplete passes.

That failed offensive drives sent our team into a frenzy. Like a shiver of sharks smelling blood in the water, we knew it was time to move in for the kill. We went on an 11 play, 57 yard drive, killing off all but 42 seconds to go in the half, needing two fourth down conversions along the way, once on 4th and 2 at the Duke 34 yard line, and again on 4th and goal right on top of the Duke goal line. Perry once again led us into the end zone, propelling us to a 17 point lead

Duke tried to get down the field in the 42 seconds remaining, using a 15 yard penalty against our defense, two passes of 17 yards, and a pass of 33 yards to get clear down to our 3 yard line with mere seconds left to play. However, a dropped pass in the end zone on 1st and goal, and with no time remaining, kept our 17 point lead intact going into halftime, causing Duke to send out an SOS , and lighting up the AP wire with potential upset alerts.

Coming out after halftime, Duke apparently did nothing to work on and change up their offense, as they proceeded to stall and punt the ball away, even after a free first down thanks to a defensive penalty. They also apparently never bothered to change up their defense, as we were able to drive from our own 42 yard line, down to the Duke 23 with nothing but rushes. 8 straight plays on the ground, and Duke had no answer, until we got down to their 30 yard line and then they toughened, eventually stopped us short on 3rd and 3, forcing us to settle for a field goal attempt. However, Griffin, aka Sir Shanks-a-lot, would proceed to miss the 40 yard try.

Duke’s following drive, they were able to push the ball out to midfield, even with a pair of sacks setting them back, but our defense ultimately held strong and forced another punt. Unfortunately, Duke finally made some changes to their defense, and even with a mix of rushing and passing, they were able to stop us after only advancing the ball 19 yards, forcing our first punt of the game. After taking control, Duke clearly realized it was time to get something going on offense.

Our defense helped them out at first with another 15 yard penalty, then Sean Renfree proceeded to abuse us through the air, throwing passes 5, 8, 26, and 21 yards before Desmond Scott got all the way to our 4 yard line on a 9 yard rush. However, an incomplete pass on 3rd and 1 by Renfree, forced a do or die situation for the Blue Devils on 4th down. It turned out to be a do situation as Duke proceeded to find the end zone once again thanks to some rumbling, bumbling, and stumbling by Scott for a 4 yard touchdown run to close the gap to 10 points.

We kept the ball on the ground our following offensive drive, trying to kill off as much clock as we could while clinging to our lead. We were able to eventually get down as far as the Duke 34 yard line, before Coach Cristobal decided that we were not going to go for it on 4th and 1, instead deciding to try a 51 yard field goal, which proceeded to be missed by Sir Shanks-a-lot, giving Duke the ball back at their own 34 yard line with just over 3 minutes left in the game. Passes of 27 yards and 37 yards by Renfree was all Duke needed in their 5 play drive as Scott rumbled in for a 1 yard touchdown to pull Duke within 3 points with 2:30 left to play in the game.

Despite Duke’s defense ready to try and force a turnover or punt, we were able to convert on a 3rd and 7 and pick up our biggest first down of the entire game. As Duke had used up two of their time outs on the first three plays of the drive, and promptly used their third after our conversion for a first down, we needed to only run the ball a couple more times to run out the clock and claim our upset victory, and probably what would be the biggest victory of our entire season, over Duke. With the win, we improved to 2-3 on the season, Duke fell to 3-2.

Up next for FIU, we start up the buses for a 5 game road trip, starting with Akron, who is 1-4 coming into our game. Akron started the season on a 4 game losing streak, falling at #6 Ohio State 55-14, losing to Temple 35-17, getting stomped at Cincinnati 41-3, and being defeated by Virginia Military Institute 37-0. Their lone win of the season came in week 6 as they edged Eastern Michigan 14-13.

Final Score
    24, 21

Stat(s) of the Game:
    - FIU Quarterback Wesley Carroll – 19-28 passing, 315 yards, 67% completion percentage.
    - FIU Kicker Jack Griffin – 1 for 4 on field goals (misses from 19, 40, and 51 yards).
    - FIU Running Back Darriet Perry – 3 rushing touchdowns.
    - FIU Offense – 0 turnovers.
    - FIU Defense – 1 forced fumble and fumble recovery, held Duke to just 7 points for the first half, kept Duke from scoring as time expired at halftime, and slowed down Duke enough in the 4th quarter to allow only two scores.

Scoring Summary

Team 1st Quarter 2nd Quarter 3rd Quarter 4th Quarter Final Score
    7 0 0 14 21
    10 14 0 0 24

Team Result Play Score
    First Quarter
    Field Goal J. Griffin, 46 yard field goal 3-0
    Touchdown C. Vernon, 10 yard pass from S. Renfree (W. Snyderwine kick) 7-3
    Touchdown D. Perry, 1 yard run (J. Griffin kick) 10-7
    Second Quarter
    Touchdown D. Perry, 1 yard run (J. Griffin kick) 17-7
    Touchdown D. Perry, 1 yard run (J. Griffin kick) 24-7
    Third Quarter
    Fourth Quarter
    Touchdown D. Scott, 4 yard run (W. Snyderwine kick) 24-14
    Touchdown D. Scott, 1 yard run (W. Snyderwine kick) 24-21

Game Stats

Duke Stat Florida International
    21 Score 24
    16 First Downs 23
    365 Total Offense 416
    17 - 66 - 2 Rushes - Yards - TD 49 - 101 - 3
    18 - 32 - 1 Comp - Att - TD 19 - 28 - 0
    299 Passing Yards 315
    1 Times Sacked 2
    3 - 8 (37%) 3rd Down Conversion 11 - 18 (61%)
    1 - 1 (100%) 4th Down Conversion 2 - 2 (100%)
    0 - 0 (0%) 2-Point Conversion 0 - 0 (0%)
    5 - 3 - 0 (60%) Red Zone - TD - FG 5 - 3 - 0 (60%)
    1 Turnovers 0
    1 Fumbles Losts 0
    0 Intercepted 0
    0 Punt Return Yards 13
    45 Kick Return Yards 84
    410 Total Yards 513
    3- 48.0 Punts - Average 1 - 49.0
    0 - 0 Penalties 8 - 92
    14:03 Time of Possession 21:57

Florida International Contract Goals Update

Fail Impact Goal Progress Pass Impact
    500+ rushing yards in each season 433
    Win 8 games in one seaso 2
    2000+ total offensive yards in each season 2285
    7+ passing TD in one season
    10+ points per game in each season 22 PPG
    2400+ total offensive yards in one season 2285
    Win 4 games in one season 2
    2000+ total offensive yards in one season
    Bonus Goal
    Beat a higher ranked team

Job Security Status

53%
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 08-26-2011 at 08:37 PM.

I have a feeling a miss by your kicker will ruin your season. Seems like he misses every game

Alright, now that I've had a chance to take care of a few things since completing the Duke game, my thoughts on the game. First, I can't believe I actually won the game. I went into the game fully expecting to lose, and in fact, was expecting to lose by at least 15 points. In fact, in my preseason run down of the schedule, I had Duke marked as an automatic loss. Duke was 3-1, is rated 83 overall, 88 offense, 78 defense. We were 1-3, we're rated 72 overall, 75 offense, 67 defense.

But, absolutely nothing went wrong for us. We didn't have a single turnover on offense. We only gave up two sacks. Our quarterback, Carroll, was accurate all day long. It was like he couldn't miss a pass. And once our running game got moving, we were reeling off 3-5 yards every single rush. Even with us being penalized 8 times in the game, every single penalty called on our defense, we still weren't in danger of losing until Duke started going solely to the air, and completing passes for major gains, in the last couple minutes of the game in a comeback attempt.

Though the momentum was clearly with us the entire game. We were just trying to trade punches with Duke that first quarter and hoping to stay close. Then that Duke fumbled in the 2nd quarter that we recovered on our own 19 yard line, it not only took away what was probably going to at worst a field goal, at best a touchdown, for Duke with the way they were moving the ball drive, but it also led to us driving down the field for our second touchdown to give us a 17-7 lead. That fumble was a gigantic swing in the game in our favor.

I'm most likely going to have to make some tweaks to my sliders though. While we have sucked trying to rush the ball, as we are currently ranked 117th in the nation in rushing offense, we have the 4th best passing offense in the nation, and the 36th best overall offense in the nation. We definitely should not be that way/high. So I'm going to have to tweak some things in my sliders to try and toughen up the CPU pass defense.

At least we know we suck on defense. We own the 115th ranked passing defense in the nation. We're 17th in the nation in rushing, with the 90th ranked overall defense in the nation. And nothing like having the 108th ranked defense when it comes to total points allowed.

Also, I am contemplating renaming my kicker. His name is currently Jack Griffin. I am thinking about going in and renaming him "Sir Shanks-a-lot". 6-12 on field goals, 10-12 on extra points so far this season.

And now I'm a bit scared about my next game on the road at Akron. After somehow shocking Duke, I would not be the least bit surprised to see 1-4 Akron come out and just curb stomp me.

I have a feeling a miss by your kicker will ruin your season. Seems like he misses every game
    Yeah, he pretty much has.

As I just posted in my thoughts about the game just below your post:

Also, I am contemplating renaming my kicker. His name is currently Jack Griffin. I am thinking about going in and renaming him "Sir Shanks-a-lot". 6-12 on field goals, 10-12 on extra points so far this season.
    He was supposed to be doing great for me with him being one of the highest rated players on my team. Instead, ugh.