• Display
    Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    The teams I'm rooting for
    - Naturally
    - I'm hoping for a "moral victory"
    - Living in Baton Rouge, things are better here in the city when they win
    - Because that would just be awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nice. Glad to see FIU on there. Not sure if I'll be able to pull it off. I got whooped by the likes of UCF, Louisville, Troy, and Arkansas State this season, and USC is easily better than all of them. So it's not looking too promising. But weirder things have happened. Before the season, I never thought I'd even stay in contention with Duke, much less win.

I'm probably going to start simming some of the bowl games later on tonight, though I'm not planning on posting anything regarding bowl results until after I've played and posted my game results vs. USC. That, probably won't happen until tomorrow sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Nice. Glad to see FIU on there. Not sure if I'll be able to pull it off. I got whooped by the likes of UCF, Louisville, Troy, and Arkansas State this season, and USC is easily better than all of them. So it's not looking too promising. But weirder things have happened. Before the season, I never thought I'd even stay in contention with Duke, much less win.

I'm probably going to start simming some of the bowl games later on tonight, though I'm not planning on posting anything regarding bowl results until after I've played and posted my game results vs. USC. That, probably won't happen until tomorrow sometime.
    Of course I'd root for you to win (even if it's a longshot).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl

Game Notes

--- This was it. Everything we had worked for all season. Despite an unfavorable bowl slot against a powerhouse team like USC, we were as ready as we would ever be. Coming in at 6-6, USC at 8-4, we had to win if we wanted to send our seniors out with a winning season. It was going to be difficult however, with our star halfback, Darriet Perry, out for the game with a broken elbow, and our second string halfback, Darrian Mallary, listed as probable after being out for much of the year with a broken tailbone. This looked to be one we’d have to fight through the air. There was nothing but sun today and a light 5 MPH wind, so weather wasn’t going to have an effect on the results. We won the coin toss and elected to kick. May our defense actually show up today.

Somehow, by god, our defense stopped the Trojans offense. A sack for a loss of 7 yards on 1st down and a holding penalty on 3rd and 5 proved too much to overcome, even after completing passes of 13 and 12 to make up those lost yards. The Trojans would punt for the first time today from our 48 yard line on 4th and 2. The USC defense meanwhile, was more than ready for us, as we would only gain a paltry 6 yards before punting the ball back. Or maybe not. A 5 yard encroachment penalty on 4th and 4, and our offense found life again. But, three straight incomplete passes, and this time we would actually punt. It turned out we weren’t the only ones stuck in neutral. The USC offense was unable to get anything going on their second drive, ultimately gaining only 2 yards before punting the ball right back to our offense. Mallary was able to find some yards on the ground, however, a WR screen pass on 3rd and 2 would only net us one yard, and our punt team returned to the field once again.

Our defense showed a moment of weakness, giving up a 24 yard pass on 3rd and 10, but they quickly buckled down, and with the help of a holding penalty, were able to force the Trojans to punt in a 4th and 20 situation from their own 25. Finally, on our third offensive possession of the game, we were able to achieve our first 1st down of the game, thanks to a 7 yard pass to Jonathan Faucher. The USC defense meanwhile showed it was going to be nigh impossible to find any success on the ground. Things would then quickly come crashing down for our offense, as a pass attempt on 3rd and 6 was intercepted by the USC defense, giving the Trojans the ball back at the 50 yard line. Our defense however continued to be our savior, allowing only 7 yards over the three downs, forcing another USC punt. Wide Receiver Junior Mertile would come through big for us, hauling in a 19 yard pass on 1st down to get our offense kick started and get us away from our 20 yard line. A 12 yard pass to Dudley LaPorte on 2nd down and we were able to reach the 50 yard line. Unfortunately, Wesley Carroll threw his second interception of the game, brought down by the Trojan defender at the USC 38 yard line, and that would kill our offensive drive, and the first quarter.

Start of the second quarter, and our defense finally broke. USC needed only 7 plays to drive 62 yards before finding the end zone. It was now up to our offense to try and find an answer and respond. Our offense would fail to reply. A quick three and out, and the ball was punted back into the hands of a potent and dangerous Trojan offense. USC would need a couple more than just 7 plays this time, but the result was the same, as the offense drive 66 yards down the field and scored another touchdown to expand their lead. I suppose one shining string of hope from that USC drive, was that their kicker missed the extra point, making their lead only 13 rather than 14. Small victories I suppose. Our offense still couldn’t figure out a way to beat the USC defense, as another offensive drive ended in a very quick three and out and another punt. Our defense finally again found their footing, forcing Matt Barkley to throw away three straight passes from our 40 yard line, and force the Trojans to punt the ball. While we would actually manage to gain 7 yards this drive, it ended like every previous drive had, us punting the ball away.

Our defense continued holding tough after finding their strength again, and forced another quick three and out of the Trojans offense. With less than 3 minutes left in the first half, our offense had to do something this time if we wanted any hope of even staying close in this game. This time, our offense finally came alive, as we were able to start connecting on medium range passes against the USC defense. We were able to piece together an 11 play, 80 yard drive before eventually stalling out on the USC 4 yard line. We would finally get on the scoreboard as Jack Griffin kicked a 21 yard field goal with 6 seconds left to play in the 1st half.

Start of the second half, and we were receiving the ball. This was potentially the drive of the game for us. If we could score here, it would put us right back into the thick of things. The Trojan defense continued to be a thorn in the side of our running game, and a secondary ready for the pass, shut us down after only three plays. USC’s offense was ready to move in for the kill, driving 62 yards in a mere 4 plays to score another touchdown. A penalty on the kicking team gave us great field position on our own 43 yard line to start our next drive. Unfortunately we wouldn’t even get to fully run one play, as Mallary fumbled the ball during a run play, to which the USC defense picked it up and ran it clear down to our 13 yard line before Carroll was able to catch up and tackle the defender. Two rushes later, and USC had another touchdown.

We would manage to drive the ball 34 yards out to the USC 46 yard line on our next drive, unfortunately, we failed to convert on 3rd and inches as USC once again slaughtered our running attack, and we were forced to punt for yet another time. USC refused to let up, driving 80 yards in 9 plays for their 5th touchdown of the game. A 15 yard penalty on the kickoff team once again gave us great field position as we started our offensive drive at our own 48 yard line. Our offense would catch a huge break, as USC stacked the box and pinched down the defensive line, ready for the run play we had just called. A quick audible to a pass, and Carroll was able to connect with Jacob Younger for a 46 yard gain, carrying us all the way down to the USC 6 yard line. A quick pass from Carroll to Wayne Times, and we finally found the end zone for the first time of the game with 2:50 left to play in the 3rd quarter.

While it ultimately may not affect the outcome of the game, it was certainly a small victory for our offense. Our defense looked like they were about to once again fold up and collapse to the USC offense, they finally settled down after USC made it as far as our 35 yard line, forcing a loss of a yard and putting USC into a 4th and 11 situation. An incomplete pass on 4th down, and our defense had done their job. We would advance the ball 8 yards, before our punt team came out yet again. It’s a shame it’s the end of the season. Our punt team is getting one heck of a workout that could have came in handy at the start of the year. Despite giving up a 21 yard pass on 1st down to end the 3rd quarter, our defense held their own once again, forcing a USC punt thanks to a sack on 3rd down. Unfortunately for us, our first offensive drive of the 4th quarter ended much the same as our last offensive drive of the 3rd quarter. A quick three and out, and it was back to the sidelines for our offense.

Despite draining the game clock to less than 5 minutes during their ensuing offensive drive, the Trojans were not about to take it easy on us, as they proceeded to score another touchdown after a 71 yard drive with 4:48 left in the game. Trying to keep some team morale up, and trying to actually find another first down, Carroll was able to hit T.Y. Hilton along the right sideline, and thanks to a missed diving tackle by the cornerback, Hilton was able to race 57 yards up the sideline before being tackled at the USC 12. We would get down as far as the USC 2 yard line before an incomplete pass forced us into a 4th and 2 situation. With only 3:24 left in the game, Coach Cristobal decided to let us go for it. Unfortunately, it would end up being intercepted in the end zone. The Trojan offense appeared to not care what the score was or how little time was left, driving right down the field on our defense, making it all the way down to our 1 yard line before time would finally run out before they could attempt to score another touchdown.

With the loss, we end our season with a 6-7 record, certainly not the way, and memories, we wanted to say goodbye to our seniors with. With the win, USC ends their year with a 9-4 record.

Final Score
    40, 10

Stat(s) of the Game:
    FIU Offense – Only 11 first downs. 21 yards rushing on 18 carries. 1 for 14 on 3rd down conversions. 4 turnovers.
    FIU Defense – While we were playing the USC freaking Trojans, still gave up just barely shy of 600 yards total offense.

Scoring Summary

Team 1st Quarter 2nd Quarter 3rd Quarter 4th Quarter Final Score

Team Result Play Score
    First Quarter
    Second Quarter
    Touchdown M. Tyler, 1 yard run (A. Heidari kick) 7-0
    Touchdown B. Carswell, 3 yard pass from M. Barkley (missed kick) 13-0
    Field Goal J. Griffin, 20 yard field goal 13-3
    Third Quarter
    Touchdown B. Butler, 1 yard pass from M. Barkley (A. Heidari kick) 20-3
    Touchdown M. Tyler, 7 yard run (A. Heidari kick) 27-3
    Touchdown B. Butler, 18 yard pass from M. Barkley (A. Heidari kick) 34-3
    Touchdown W. Times, 6 yard pass from W. Carroll (J. Griffin kick) 34-10
    Fourth Quarter
    Touchdown H. Simmons, 7 yard pass from M. Barkley (missed kick) 40-10

Game Stats

Florida International Stat USC
    10 Score 40
    11 First Downs 26
    314 Total Offense 595
    18-21-0 Rushes - Yards - TD 46-221-2
    20-42-1 Comp - Att - TD 27-44-4
    293 Passing Yards 374
    0 Times Sacked 3
    1-14 (7%) 3rd Down Conv 12-20 (60%)
    0-1 (00%) 4th Down Conv 0-1 (0%)
    0-0 (0%) 2-Point Conv 0-0 (0%)
    5-1-1 (40%) Red Zone - TD - FG 9-6-0 (66%)
    4 Turnovers 0
    1 Fumbles Losts 0
    3 Intercepted 0
    19 Punt Return Yards 44
    139 Kick Return Yards 63
    472 Total Yards 702
    9 - 44.9 Punts - Average 7 - 44.7
    5 - 36 Penalties 6 - 58
    16:17 Time of Possession 19:43

Florida International Contract Goals Update

Fail Impact Goal Progress Pass Impact
    500+ rushing yards in each season 1/3 Passed
    Win 8 games in one season 6
    2000+ total offensive yards in each season 1/3 Passed
    7+ passing TD in one season
    10+ points per game in each season 25 PPG
    2400+ total offensive yards in one season
    Win 4 games in one season
    2000+ total offensive yards in one season

Job Security Status

63%
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 08-26-2011 at 08:38 PM.

2011 Bowl Results Rundown

Bowl Game Conference Record Winning Team Result Losing Team Record Conference
    7-6 (3-6) 31-17 8-6 (6-3)
    8-5 (2-5) 24-12 7-6 (5-4)
    7-6 (4-5) 31-21 10-3 (7-1)
    11-2 (6-1) (14) 51-14 7-6 (5-4)
    10-3 (5-2) 49-31 6-7 (5-2)
    9-4 (5-2) 44-10 6-7 (4-4)
    7-6 (2-6) 38-9 9-4 (7-1)
    8-5 (5-3) 31-28 7-6 (4-3)
    9-4 (5-4) 40-10 6-7 (4-4)
    10-3 (5-3) 38-13 6-7 (3-5)
    8-5 (4-4) 31-14 8-5 (4-3)
    8-5 (6-2) 21-7 :8-4: Independent
    10-3 (6-2) (22) 22-0 (25) 10-3 (6-1)
    11-2 (6-2) 29-17 7-6 (6-1)
    10-3 (6-3) (18) 34-15 7-6 (5-4)
    10-3 (5-3) 35-21 8-6 (6-4)
    8-5 (4-5) 20-10 7-6 (3-4)
    13-1 (9-1) (23) 38-27 6-7 (3-4)
    8-5 (4-4) 28-21 7-6 (4-5)
    8-5 (4-4) 38-17 8-5 (5-4)
    12-2 (7-2) (12) 38-14 7-6 (4-5)
    11-2 (6-2) (7) 38-13 (10) 10-3 (6-2)
    11-2 (6-2) (8) 27-17 (19) 10-4 (7-2)
    8-5 (3-5) 24-10 8-5 (4-4)
    7-6 (3-5) 27-7 (16) 12-2 (9-1)
    10-3 (7-2) (13) 31-21 (20) 9-4 (7-2)
    9-4 (5-3) 22-17 10-4 (8-1)
    9-4 (8-1) (15) 31-3 (24) 8-5 (4-4)
    8-5 (4-4) 33-14 6-7 (3-5)

2011 BCS Bowls

Bowl Game Conference Record Winning Team Result Losing Team Record Conference
    13-1 (9-0) (4) 42-35 (3) 12-2 (10-0)
    10-4 (6-3) (21) 24-14 (17) 10-3 (6-1)
    11-3 (8-1) (11) 45-3 (9) 11-2 (8-1)
    11-2 (6-2) (5) 34-13 (6) 12-2 (8-1)
    13-0 (7-0) (1) 52-28 (2) 11-2 (8-1)
    Last edited by gschwendt; 08-20-2011 at 06:55 PM.

2011 Bowl Challenge Cup Standings

Rank Conference Bowl Teams Bowl Record Percentage Teams in AP Poll
    1 7 7-0 1.000 3
    2 9 6-3 .660 4
    3 6 4-2 .660 2
    4 6 3-3 .500 3
    5 9 4-5 .440 5
    6 5 2-3 .400 3
    7 8 3-5 .375 3
    8 6 2-4 .330 0
    9 3 1-2 .330 0
    10 3 1-2 .330 0
    11 5 1-4 .200 2
    12 Independents* 1 0-1 .000 0

* - Ineligible for Bowl Challenge Cup
    Last edited by gschwendt; 08-20-2011 at 06:53 PM.

So there you go. I got whooped by USC (easily expected), Boise State is your 2011 National Champions, and the ACC goes a perfect 7-0 in their bowl games, easily winning the 2011 Bowl Challenge Cup over 2nd place Big Ten.

Also, based on the results of the bowl games, I think Mountain West will be becoming an automatic BCS qualifier next year. With Nevada and Fresno State (1-1 in 2011 bowl games) coming over to the Mountain West in 2012, Boise State winning the National Championship, and the Mountain West going 4-2 this year and finishing 3rd in the Bowl Challenge Cup, even with the loss of TCU to the Big East, I think the Mountain West has earned their spot after this season.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Tough break man. Fought the good fight, but just didn't have enough to pull it out. Sucks that your talented RB was injured. I somehow missed that happening earlier in the year.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    Tough break man. Fought the good fight, but just didn't have enough to pull it out. Sucks that your talented RB was injured. I somehow missed that happening earlier in the year.
    Thanks man. Yeah, we lost our star RB Perry in the 1st quarter of the Mid Tennessee State game. I knew not having him was going to hurt against USC. Perry was rated 79 overall, his backup, Mallary, was only 71, so while it wasn't a massive difference between the two, it was still big enough to absolutely screw our running game against a hard defense like USC.

2011 Coaching Carousel

Team Position Previous Coach Reason Left New Coach Previous Team Previous Position O/D Style
    Defensive Coordinator Al Groh Retired Mike Archer Defensive Coordinator 4-3
    Defensive Coordinator Mike Archer Left for Georgia Tech DC job Bill McGovern Defensive Coordinator 4-3
    Head Coach David Bailiff Fired Matt Canada Offensive Coordinator Northern Illinois (Pistol)/4-3
    Head Coach Mike MacIntyre Fired Randy Clements Offensive Coordinator Baylor (Spread)/4-3
    Head Coach Rob Ianello Fired Paul Petrino Offensive Coordinator Illinois (Multiple)/4-3
    Head Coach Howard Schnellenberger Fired Dave Yost Offensive Coordinator Missouri (Spread)/4-3
    Offensive Coordinator Paul Petrino Left for Akron HC job Doug Nussmeier Offensive Coordinator Washington (Pro)
    Offensive Coordinator Dave Yost Left for Florida Atlantic HC job Neal Mazzone Offensive Coordinator Arizona State (Air Raid)
    Head Coach Dan McCarney Fired Vance Bedford Defensive Coordinator Louisville (Spread)/4-3
    Head Coach Neil Callaway Fired Bob Fraser Defensive Coordinator Rutgers (Pro)/4-3
    Head Coach Gary Anderson Fired Ian Shields Offensive Coordinator Army (Option)/4-3
    Offensive Coordinator Doug Nussmeier Left for Illinois OC job Willie Simmons Offensive Coordinator MTSU (Air Raid)
    Offensive Coordinator Noel Mazzone Left for Missouri OC job Mike Sabock Offensive Coordinator Western Michigan (Pro)
    Defensive Coordinator Bill McGovern Left for NC State DC job Bill Busch Defensive Coordinator 4-3
    Defensive Coordinator Joe Tumpkin Fired Dan McCarney Head Coach 4-3
    Defensive Coordinator Vance Bedford Left for North Texas HC job Joe Tumpkin Defensive Coordinator 4-3
    Defensive Coordinator Bob Fraser Left for UAB HC job Kerry Lowe None None 4-2-5
    Offensive Coordinator Scot Loeffler Fired Howard Schnellenberger Head Coach Florida Atlantic (Pro)
    Offensive Coordinator Matt Canada Left for Rice HC job Steve Axman Offensive Coordinator Idaho (One Back)
    Offensive Coordinator Randy Clements Left for San Jose State HC job Grant Heard Offensive Coordinator Arkansas State (Spread)
    Offensive Coordinator Ian Shields Left for Utah State HC job Tim Landis Offensive Coordinator San Jose State (Pistol)
    Offensive Coordinator Grant Heard Left for Baylor OC job Scot Loeffler Offensive Coordinator Temple (Spread)
    Offensive Coordinator Eric Price Fired Neil Callaway Head Coach UAB (Spread)
    Defensive Coordinator Bill Busch Left for Boston College DC job Mike MacIntyre Head Coach 4-3
    Offensive Coordinator Willie Simmons Left for Washington OC job Eric Price Offensive Coordinator Memphis (Spread)
    Offensive Coordinator Steve Axman Left of Northern Illinois OC job Rob Ianello Head Coach Akron (Pro)
    Offensive Coordinator Tim Landis Left for Army OC job Matt Cobb None None Ohio (Pistol)
    Offensive Coordinator Mike Sabock Left for Arizona State OC job Mike Washington None None Bowling Green (Multiple)

Coaching Carousel Notes

- - Florida International Head Coach Mario Cristobal had his contract extended for two seasons.

- , and - Were involved in a three-way coaching change.

fired their head coach and hired 's defensive coordinator.
    fired their defensive coordinator and hired 's former head coach.
    , after losing their defensive coordinator to , went out and hired 's former defensive coordinator to fill the job.

Jobs I Was in the Running For

Team Position Candidate Rank Offered Job
    Offensive Coordinator 2nd Candidate No
    Offensive Coordinator 2nd Candidate Yes (Declined)
    Offensive Coordinator Top Candidate Yes (Declined)
    Offensive Coordinator Top (only) Candidate Yes (Declined)
    Offensive Coordinator Top (only) Candidate Yes (Declined)

Teams Changing Offensive Styles

Team Previous Offensive Style New Offensive Style
    Pro Multiple
    Air Raid Pro
    Option Pistol
    Pro Spread
    One Back Pro
    Multiple Pro
    Air Raid Spread
    Spread Air Raid
    Pistol One Back
    Spread Pistol
    (HC) Pistol Spread
    (OC) Spread Pistol
    Spread Pro
    Spread Option
    Pro Air Raid
    Pro Multiple

Changes of Note

Air Raid to Pro
    Option to Pistol
    Spread to Option
    Pro to Air Raid
    Last edited by gschwendt; 08-20-2011 at 06:47 PM.

It's going to be interesting this year watching Arizona State, Army, Utah State, and Washington try to make those transitions on offense.

Also, San Jose State is correct. They changed to a Spread offense when they hired their new head coach, then they went back to a Pistol offense with the hiring of their new offensive coordinator.

As well, damn my rules forbidding me from taking another job until the end of my contract! The offers I received from Arkansas State, Army, Baylor, Idaho and Western Michigan, I would have instantly jumped ship for if I was allowed to.

I thought was doing well?

Good stuff nonetheless...

Quote Originally Posted by JerzeyReign View Post
    I thought was doing well?

Good stuff nonetheless...
    They were, but apparently their OC failed too many of his goals, because that was the reason he was fired. Unfortunately, it doesn't let you see what the fired coach's contract was, only the hired coach's.

That sucks. I had a Tackle and Athlete both show up for me as Pink Gems during week 2 of off-season recruiting. Only problem was, I used up the last of my scholarships in week 2.

Their ratings of 73.00 and 66.00 blew the Sparq ratings of my committed recruits out of the water. Oh what I could have done with them.
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 08-04-2011 at 04:05 AM.

2011-2012 Off-Season

Players Leaving

Player Position Overall Year Reason Overall of Next Player
    T.Y. Hilton WR 84 SR Graduation 72
    Wesley Carroll QB 79 SR (RS) Graduation 68
    Darriet Perry HB 76 SR Graduation 71
    Curtis Bryant RG 73 SR (RS) Graduation 59
    Chuck Grace SS 72 SR Graduation 67
    Jonathan Faucher TE 70 SR Graduation 61
    Dudley LaPorte FB 69 SR (RS) Graduation None
    Aaron Davis RE 69 SR Graduation 64
    James Wiggins LT 67 SR (RS) Graduation 76
    Chris Edwards ROLB 64 SR (RS) Graduation 66
    Colt Anderson TE 64 SR (RS) Graduation 61
    James Jones RE 55 SR Graduation 65

Transfer Requests

Player Position Transferring From Year Overall Admitted/Denied
    Storm Johnson HB Miami (FL) Sophomore 84 ADMITTED!
    Shayon Green MLB Miami (FL) Sophomore (RS) 76 Admitted

2012 Florida International Recruiting Class

Player Position Position Rank Tendency Star Ranking Overall
    Tyler Dawson OLB #106 Balanced 64.00 60
    Jamal White DE #146 Pass Rusher 63.00 58
    Mark Adams ATH (HB) #98 Athlete 59.00 55 (58)
    Stanford Riley WR #187 Balanced 59.00 59
    Joe Webb WR #195 Possession 59.00 58
    Kyle Rice CB #159 Balanced 59.00 59
    Carl Rawls QB #98 Scrambler 57.00 60
    Bubba Brown OLB #153 Balanced 56.00 61
    Adam Lawrence OLB #173 Coverage 56.00 58
    Victor Burton DE #157 Pass Rusher 55.00 62
    Josh Griffin DE #174 Pass Rusher 55.00 57
    Brent Rodriguez DE #176 Balanced 55.00 55
    Justin McClellan DE #194 Pass Rusher 55.00 54
    Joe Green G #155 Run Block 50.00 55
    Lee Robinson FB #22 Balanced 49.00 56
    Paul Hill WR #256 Possession 48.00 50
    Seth Greene QB #145 Scrambler 46.00 59
    Andrew Muhammad OLB #183 Run Stopper 45.00 54
    Brady Wesley TE #113 Blocking 44.00 49
    Andrew Harrison TE #115 Blocking 44.00 49
    Jason Leonard DT #147 Run Stopper 40.00 50
    Chip Robinson G #197 Run Block 40.00 48
    Casey Wilson P #38 Accurate 40.00 61

Recruiting Class Rank

Position Changes

Player Position Overall New Position Overall
    Mark Adams Athlete 55 HB 58

Training Results

Highest Overall Player - Storm Johnson - HB - 88 OVR (+4)
    Largest Training Increase - Johh Brisk - P - 80 OVR (+6) / Darrian Mallary - HB - 77 OVR (+6)

Cut Players

Player Position Depth Chart Rank Year Overall
    Seth Greene QB 4th String Junior (JUCO) 59
    Mark Adams HB 6th String Freshman 58
    Jairus Williams WR 5th String Junior (RS) 55
    Clinton Taylor WR 6th String Freshman (RS) 54
    Paul Hill WR 6th String Freshman 50
    Andrew Harrison TE 4th String Fresman 49
    Chip Robinson LG 4th String Freshman 48
    Brent Rodriguez RE 5th String Freshman 55
    Justin McClellan RE 6th String Freshman 54
    Jason Leonard DT 4th String Freshman 50
    Lyndon Edwards LOLB 5th String Sophomore 54
    Larvez Mars MLB 4th String Senior 58
    Sam Miller CB 4th String Sophomore (RS) 56

Conference Changes

Team Old Conference New Conference

Updated BCS Bowl Tie Ins

Slots Conference Bowl
    Automatic Qualifier Orange Bowl
    Automatic Qualifier Rose Bowl
    Automatic Qualifier Fiesta Bowl
    Automatic Qualifier Any Bowl
    Automatic Qualifier Any Bowl
    Automatic Qualifier Rose Bowl
    Automatic Qualifier Sugar Bowl
    Open Slot At Large
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 08-21-2011 at 01:02 PM.

One word. JACKPOT!

Thank you Miami (FL) for apparently pissing off your 84 overall HB and 76 overall MLB enough that they wanted to transfer to Florida International. I GLADLY accept! I got huge boosts in my HB and MLB corps for next season. I just have to suffer through this season before getting them on the field.

Recruit
    Great Coaching Carousel, I'm starting one as an OC at a 1* program, probably Troy or FAU. I've never posted a dynasty online, but I may give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by WillBee1 View Post
    Great Coaching Carousel, I'm starting one as an OC at a 1* program, probably Troy or FAU. I've never posted a dynasty online, but I may give it a try.
    Thanks for reading and replying man! I appreciate it!

And that's awesome, both would be fun to play with. Troy is definitely the better of the two, but FAU has some talented players and would also make for an interesting dynasty.

And you should give posting a dynasty online a try man. It's a lot of fun to do. Plus, how you do it is ultimately up to you. Just read around some of the dynasties on here. Some, like mine, are very in-depth, others take a simpler, easier, and quicker approach, and all they're all fun to read. Whether one goes extremely in-depth or just very simplistic in their methods and designs, it makes for great dynasties and great threads to read either way.

I'm always happy to see new posts and new dynasty threads popping up in this forum. Makes for more great dynasties to read and follow along with how others are doing while playing through and updating mine.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Nice work on the charts man! Looks like it was quite a bit of work. I've taken to hooking up my extra monitor on my PC (which is normally hooked up to my big screen LCD HDTV that I also use to game on) for when I do my dynasty games so that it's that much easier to transfer all the information over to (plus, I can listen to music off of my computer while playing the game with no sound on, which is always a plus).

Bummer on not being able to jump ship. I have a feeling I'm going to feel equally tempted even though I'm sticking with SAU for as long as I can stand to play the game (hopefully a long while).

Basmare
    Unbelievable that those transfers just walked into your door - just like that! Great stuff! Good luck on next season!

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    Nice work on the charts man! Looks like it was quite a bit of work. I've taken to hooking up my extra monitor on my PC (which is normally hooked up to my big screen LCD HDTV that I also use to game on) for when I do my dynasty games so that it's that much easier to transfer all the information over to (plus, I can listen to music off of my computer while playing the game with no sound on, which is always a plus).

Bummer on not being able to jump ship. I have a feeling I'm going to feel equally tempted even though I'm sticking with SAU for as long as I can stand to play the game (hopefully a long while).
    Yeah, it did take a good while, but, with cutting recruiting and "Around the NCAA" updates at the end of every week out of my reports, since I'm focusing more on my coach, and not so much on the players and whatnot, I'm going to go my usual "above and beyond the extra mile" on the coaching carousel and off-season stuff. Lets me get more games played and posted in a less amount of time, rather than every 2-3 days I was averaging in my old Navy dynasty just because of having to take the time to type out all the extras. For season 2, I'll probably include a 2 deep chart for all positions, just so people will be familiar with the names I'm saying in the game notes. I might go back sometime and edit a 2 deep chart into one of my early posts for season 1.

And I'm in luck there as well. I have my laptop set up right next to my recliner, and the recliner right in front of the tv, so I can sit here on the laptop typing up the game notes/story while playing the game. Generally whenever my offensive series ends and it goes into the supersim screen, I'll type up what happened that drive, same thing when the opponent's offensive drive ends and it's time to go back on the field, I'll type up what happened. Makes the games last a little bit longer than just playing them straight through, but I'm able to get all the details for those drives and plays while they're still fresh in my mind and I can reference the supersim screen's summary section for what happened.

And yeah, I had a few moments there. Baylor, Arkansas State (if not to enjoy putting the whooping on others that their offense did to me, then there would be the joy of destroying their offense at the cost of my coaching career ), Army, Western Michigan, and Idaho, I would have left and jumped to any of those jobs in a heartbeat if I was allowed to. Some great upgrades over what I'll have to roll with this season after the losses I had from graduation.

Quote Originally Posted by Basmare View Post
    Unbelievable that those transfers just walked into your door - just like that! Great stuff! Good luck on next season!
    Yeah, I was surprised, and happy. Storm Johnson is going to be a giant boost to me running game next year when he's eligible to play. And Shayon Green will significantly upgrade my MLB corps that is really lacking.
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 08-05-2011 at 03:44 AM.