9-4 (7-3) vs. 9-3 (5-2) 1/6 - 6:00PM

2018 BCS Bowls

Bowl Game Conference Record Team Team Record Conference Date/Result
    12-1 (9-1) (4) vs. (6) 12-1 (9-1) 1/1 - 5:00PM
    10-3 (8-2) (10) vs. (5) 9-3 (6-3) 1/2 - 8:00PM
    10-2 (7-2) (3) vs. (11) 11-1 (8-1) 1/3 - 8:00PM
    9-3 (8-1) (14) vs. (9) 9-3 (6-3) 1/4 - 8:00PM
    12-1 (9-1) (2) vs. (1) 13-0 (9-0) 1/7 - 8:00PM

Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 05-12-2013 at 08:49 AM.

So there you have it. I'm fucked. Thanks to my season-ending loss to SMU, instead of what looked to be a fun game again Southern Miss in the AutoZone Liberty Bowl, I'm now instead going to the Beef O'Brady's Bowl and a showdown with UAB. UAB, led by a fucking Heisman-winning, Maxwell-winning, Walter Camp-winning, O'Brien-winning, first team All-American QB and a Biletnikoff-winning, first team All-American WR. I hate my life.

Elsewhere, Southern Miss takes on SMU in the AutoZone Liberty Bowl, Ohio State meets up with Alabama in the Gator Bowl, West Virginia tangles with Texas A&M in the AT&T Cotton Bowl and Arkansas State meets Florida International in the New Orleans Bowl.

#1 Marshall takes on #2 Clemson in the National Championship Game.

Looking through the standings, 76 teams made it bowl eligible with only 68 slots. Eight teams got screwed this year.

And a look at who got screwed out of a bowl game this year:

Big East

- (7-6)
    - (7-5)

MAC

- (6-6)

Mountain West

- (6-6)

Sun Belt

- (7-5)
    - (6-6)

WAC

- (7-5)
    - (6-6)

So, there you go. Navy and Wyoming get screwed out of a bowl game for a third straight year.

Go Clemson! #BeatMarshall

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    Go Clemson! #BeatMarshall
    I see that being the first C-USA team to ever make the national title game earns Marshall no love from their fellow conference teams.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    I see that being the first C-USA team to ever make the national title game earns Marshall no love from their fellow conference teams.
    School pride>conference pride

School pride>conference pride
    Well, good thing Southern Miss won't be joining the SEC anytime soon. Definitely wouldn't fit in with "rah rah we're the mighty SEC" when it comes to bowl season.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Well, good thing Southern Miss won't be joining the SEC anytime soon. Definitely wouldn't fit in with "rah rah we're the mighty SEC" when it comes to bowl season.
    Yeah, that's dumb. I root for my team(s) and if you aren't with me, you're against me. I'm a Spurs fan so if the Lakers were to make the NBA Finals, I don't rout for them because of "Western Conference pride." I want them to get swept and to lose every game at the buzzer so it REALLY hurts.

Yeah, that's dumb. I root for my team(s) and if you aren't with me, you're against me. I'm a Spurs fan so if the Lakers were to make the NBA Finals, I don't rout for them because of "Western Conference pride." I want them to get swept and to lose every game at the buzzer so it REALLY hurts.

Well, I'm not sure who I want to win. For some reason, I have no clue why, I like seeing Clemson do good and would like to see Clemson win the national title. But on the other hand, after my four seasons in Conference USA, I'd like to see a former conference foe (and mid-major) win the national title, especially after Arkansas State couldn't get the job done last year.

So I'm split on who I'd like to see win. Really, for me, either team winning is fine with me.

Beef O’Brady’s Bowl

VS

Game Notes

--- Here we were once again, the conclusion of another season. A rough ending to the season saw us lose our final game of the year, dropping to third in the West Division and fall down to the Beef O’Brady’s Bowl against old Conference USA foe UAB.

We could not have possibly ended up with a worse opponent to face, as the Blazers entered the game led by their senior QB, who had just cleaned up in national awards, winning the Heisman trophy, the Maxwell trophy, the Walter Camp trophy and the O’Brien trophy, to go along with being a first team NCAA All-American. On top of that, their #1 wide receiver won the Biletnikoff trophy and was also a first NCAA All-American.

UAB had the stats to back through awards up, as 80% of their offense came through the air, the #1 team in the nation in passing offense, putting up 401.9 yards/game, as well as the #1 team in the nation for total offense, with 506.3 yards/game. While their defense wasn’t quite up to the statistical standards of the offense, with a #49 ranked pass defense (209.5 yards/game), a #56 ranked rush defense (174.4 yards/game) and a #57 ranked total defense (384.0 yards/game), to go along with a #14 ranked in turnover differential at +8, we were going to have our hands full today. UAB won the coin toss and elected to kick.

A 17 yard kickoff return by Jason Johnson got the game opened up, our offense beginning at our 19 yard line. Starting the drive on the ground, Will Oliver was able to fight his way to a 6 yard gain, before being brought down for no gain to leave third and four. Dropping back to pass on third down, Brad Stephens was able to find Robert Harper for a four yard gain and a first down at the 29. Continuing through the air, a quick pass to Carl Barnes picked up 15 yards and another first down at the 44 yard line. Returning to the run game, Oliver was able to manage three yards on the first down carry, followed by a 5 yard pickup to leave third and two. Oliver would keep our drive alive, punching it up the middle for a 6 yard gain and a first down at the UAB 42. With the defense starting to cheat on the run, we returned to the air, taking a shot deep down the middle, Barnes jumping up and able to get his hands on the ball, but unable to hold on, the incomplete pass bringing up second down. A pass intended for Johnson was nearly intercepted, and we were left facing third and long. P.J. Stephens would come through in the clutch, hauling in the third down pass and racing up the sideline for a 20 yard gain and a first down at the 21 yard line. We would strike first blood on the first down play, Joe Vaughn pulling down a pass in the middle of three defenders and falling into the end zone for a 21 yard touchdown and a 7-0 lead with 5:42 left in the first quarter.

A 19 yard kickoff return got UAB on the field at their 20 yard line to begin their drive. It was a poor start to the game for the Dragons, as dropped passes by Robert Little and Tim Beck effectively neutralized Adam Gardner’s Heisman-winning arm. Beck would take the ball on third down, managing only 6 yards on the carry to leave fourth and four. A fair catch by Johnson on the 41 yard punt gave us the ball at our 33.

Lining up on first down, Oliver was able to steamroll his way up the middle to a 7 yard carry, before going around the right tackle and breaking free into the secondary for a pickup of 10 yards and a first down at midfield. The defense would respond back on first down, sacking Stephens for an 8 yard loss before he could release the ball, leaving second and 18. An incomplete pass intended for P.J. Stephens left us in dire straits. We would only continue to go backwards, as the middle linebacker blitzed through untouched and sacked Stephens for a second time for a 9 yard loss, leaving us punting on fourth and 27. A 7 yard return on the 43 yard punt gave UAB the ball at their 31 yard line.

UAB still couldn’t get their drives started positively, as a holding penalty immediately pushed the Blazers back, leaving them facing first and 20. It would only get worse and worse, as a rush by Beck for a loss of three yards was followed with another penalty, this time for false start and an incomplete pass, pushing UAB back into a third and 28 situation. The Blazers would make up most of those yards, as Gardner connected with Jared Witherspoon for a 25 yard gain, but the punt team was still forced to come out on fourth and three, the high-powered UAB offense so far contained. A 5 yard return by Johnson on the 41 yard punt got us lined up at our 27.

Starting the drive on the ground, we would instantly double our lead as Oliver took the pitch around the right side, breaking loose from a pair of ankle tackles and racing into the open and up the sideline for a 73 yard touchdown and a 14-0 lead with 2:29 left in the first quarter.

A touchback got UAB underway at their 25 yard line, finding themselves suddenly trailing by 14 points, a result no one had foreseen. UAB still was flailing around on offense, as an incomplete pass by Gardner was followed with a 7 yard rush by Beck to set up third and three, before the defense broke through and sacked Gardner for a four yard loss, bringing out the punt team yet again on fourth and 7. A fair catch by Johnson on the 43 yard punt get us back in action at our 28 yard line.

Oliver wasn’t able to repeat his performance from the last drive, managing three yards on the ground before being brought down. Lining up to pass on second down, Johnson dove and stretched out enough to pull in the wide pass from Stephens for a 14 yard completion and a first down at the 45. Continuing through the air, the pass intended for Vaughn was nearly intercepted, leaving second and long. Forced to dump off the ball to avoid a sack, Stephens was able to hook up with Barnes, but only for a two yard gain to leave third and 8. Stephens was able to complete the third down pass to Vaughn, but the four yard gain wasn’t enough, our punt unit coming out on fourth and four. A downed ball on the 48 yard punt left UAB absolutely buried, starting their next drive at their one yard line. That would be the final play as the first quarter came to an end, surprisingly holding a 14-0 lead.

Opening up the second quarter, starting just outside their goal line, UAB was able to find some breathing room as Gardner rushed for four and one yard gains, leaving third and 5 from the 5 yard line. The drive however would end the same as the previous drives, an incomplete pass dooming it and bringing out the UAB punt team on fourth and 5. A 6 yard return by Johnson on the 45 yard punt gave us our best field position of the day, starting at the UAB 44 yard line.

Handing the ball off to Oliver to begin the drive, he was able to break free into the secondary for a 10 yard gain, leaving second and inches. Another rush by Oliver went for 6 yards to pick up the first down at the UAB 27. Handing off the ball again, Oliver was able to manage a three yard gain to leave second and 7. Turning to the air on second down, Eric Silva was able to pull down the desperation throw from Stephens, complete for a 16 yard gain to set up first and goal from the 9 yard line. Pounding the ball up the middle, Oliver was able to pick up 5 yards, before Silva took the handoff and raced up the middle and into the end zone for a four yard touchdown, giving us a commanding 21-0 lead with 6:30 left in the second quarter.

A touchback on the kickoff got UAB lined up from their 25 yard line, the offense still trying to get it together. An incomplete pass and a dropped ball by Little spelled doom for yet another drive, Gardner able to hook up with Little for an 8 yard gain on third down, but it wouldn’t be enough as the Blazers were forced to punt once more on fourth and two. A three yard return by Johnson on the 39 yard punt got us set up at our 30 yard line.

Shaking off a tackle in the backfield, Oliver was able to fight his way to a three yard gain on first down, before an incomplete pass intended for Vaughn brought up third and 7. Vaughn would come through on third down, hauling in the pass on a comeback route for a gain of 16 to get a first down at midfield. The drive would come crashing to a halt on the first down play, as outside linebacker Tom Hunter intercepted the pass intended for Johnson, giving UAB possession at their 47 yard line.

After an incomplete pass on first down, UAB finally found success on offense, as Gardner connected with Little for an 11 yard gain and a first down at our 42. After another incomplete pass, Gardner found Harvey Sullivan over the middle for a 5 yard gain, but a third down pass intended for Little would be batted incomplete, leaving UAB facing fourth and 5 at our 37. The Blazers would go for it on fourth down, but Little would commit his third dropped pass of the game, resulting in a turnover on downs.

Taking over at our 37 yard line, Stephens came out firing on first down, completing a pass to Johnson for 13 yards and setting us right back up with first down from midfield. Firing over the middle, the pass intended for Marcus Mullins was way off-target, falling incomplete. Barnes would come through on second down with a 17 yard reception, moving the chains to the UAB 33. Taking a shot at the end zone, the pass intended for Johnson was accurate, but just barely overthrown, sailing out of the back of the end zone and incomplete. Lining up on second down, Stephens would complete the pass to Johnson this time on a slant route, good for a gain of 20 yards and a first down at the 13 yard line. Stephens dropped back to pass on first down, but was flattened as he threw the ball, resulting in an incomplete pass and second down. Another incomplete pass, this time intended for Harper, left us facing third and long. Vaughn would save the drive on third down, coming across the middle to haul in the pass, then letting his momentum carry him through a tackle and over the first down line for an 11 yard gain to set up first and goal at the two yard line. Oliver took the ball on first down, stuffed for no gain. Trying to punch it in a second time, Oliver was stood up for a one yard gain, leaving third and goal at the one yard line. Third time would prove to be a charm for Oliver, rushing it in untouched for the one yard touchdown, giving us a dominating 28-0 lead with 2:01 left before halftime.

No return on the kickoff started UAB at their 25 yard line. This time the Blazers offense made a true appearance, as Gardner came out firing with a 13 yard pass to Little and a first down at the 38. After an incomplete pass on first down, Little came through again with a 17 yard reception, moving the chains to our 45 yard line. After yet another incomplete pass, this time intended for Sullivan, it was Little proving to be the hero of the drive, hauling in a 17 yard pass from Gardner to advance the ball to our 27 yard line. Cornerback Jonathan Chambers would prove to be the antihero, as he intercepted the first down pass intended for Little, returning it 12 yards to set us up at our 27 yard line with 58 seconds left in the half.

With a chance to do something in the time remaining, P.J. Stephens would do exactly that, beating the safety to the pass over the middle, then racing up the middle of the field for a gigantic 60 yard gain and a first down at the UAB 13 yard line. Hurrying to the ball, the first down pass intended for Barnes was way off the mark and incomplete, bringing up second down and stopping the clock with 35 seconds to go. The second down pass to Oliver was briefly caught, before Oliver dropped the ball while trying to turn up the field, leaving third and long, 31 seconds remaining. Johnson would plunge the dagger in the heart on third down, getting open over the middle in the end zone for a 13 yard touchdown and a decisive 35-0 lead with 27 seconds left before halftime.

A touchback on the kickoff left UAB starting from their 25 yard line, only 19 seconds left. Beck got the drive started, rushing for an 8 yard gain, UAB’s first timeout taken with 15 seconds remaining. An incomplete pass left third and two, before Jason Robertson would keep the drive moving with a 5 yard reception, UAB’s second timeout stopping the clock with 12 seconds to go. Robertson picked up 5 yards on the ground on first down, followed by a false start penalty on the offense to leave second and 10, UAB’s final timeout taken with two seconds to go. Little would pull down the pass from Gardner for a 23 yard gain, but the defense would wrestle him down and end the half, both teams heading for the locker room as we hit the halftime break with a shocking 35-0 lead that left sportswriters around the nation speechless.

Opening up the second half, no return on the kickoff got UAB started at their 25 to begin the third quarter. Drops continued to plague the Blazers, as Clayton Harris dropped a first down pass that would have been at least a 20 yard gain, instead leaving second and 10. Turning around on second down, Gardner dumped off a 5 yard pass to Little, before a 7 yard reception by Little picked up a first down at the 37. After an incomplete pass on first down, UAB’s offense again continued to gain steam, Gardner finding Brian Allen over the middle for a 24 yard completion and a new set of downs at our 39 yard line. Same as last time, just as the drive gained steam, the release valve was thrown as cornerback J.R. Miller intercepted Gardner on first down, giving out offense the ball at our 29 yard line.

Opening up our drive on the ground, Oliver found little space to run, tackled for only a two yard gain to leave second and 8. Turning to the air on second down, Johnson came through again, hauling in a pass along the left sideline for a 30 yard gain and a first down at the UAB 39 yard line. Johnson would continue to be a plague on the defense, leaving the cornerback tripping over his own ankles and pulling in the pass from Stephens for a pickup of 24 yards and a first down at the 14 yard line. Oliver was able to get the first down pass into his hands, but a big hit by the middle linebacker knocked the ball loose and incomplete. Trying to throw up a pass to Barnes, the outside linebacker was able to jump and get a hand on the ball, leaving third and 10. Silva would pull down the pass on third down, but a quick move by the cornerback left Silva tackled for a 5 yard gain, bringing up fourth and 5. The 27 yard field goal attempt by Alphonso Pratt was good, extending our lead to 38-0 with 6:24 remaining in the third quarter.

A 23 yard kickoff return got UAB lined up at their 27 yard line. The offense once again was put in an immediate hole, as Harris dropped the first down pass, the seventh dropped pass of the game for UAB, before Little pulled in a ball from Gardner for a 5 yard completion to leave third and 5. The drive would come to an end with little fanfare, as Gardner was hit as he threw, the ball skipping along the ground and incomplete to bring out the punt team on fourth down. A three yard return by Johnson on the 46 yard punt gave us the ball at our 26 yard line.

Oliver took the ball on first down, rushing for a four yard gain to start the drive, followed by a two yard rush to leave third and four. A quick pass over the middle to Vaughn was complete for a 6 yard gain, moving the chains and keeping the drive alive at our 38. We got some free yards on first down as an encroachment penalty set up first and 5 from the 43. Fighting his way through the pile, Oliver was able to pick up 5 yards on the first down play, resetting the downs at the 48 yard line. Keeping the ground game going, Oliver was able to rush for four yards on first down, followed by a 6 yard rush by Silva to leave third and inches from the UAB 42. Handing the ball off on third down, the defense end came through unblocked and tackled Oliver for a 5 yard loss, leaving the punt team coming out on fourth and 5. A touchback on the punt gave UAB the ball at their 20 yard line to start the next drive.

UAB got some help to start this drive out positive, as the defense was flagged for pass interference on first down, the 15 free yards giving UAB the ball at their 35. That free help was nearly squandered as two incomplete passes left UAB facing third and long, before Little pulled down a pass for a 12 yard gain to move the chains to the 47. Finding a rhythm again, a 7 yard pass to Beck was followed with a 5 yard completion to Allen for a first down at our 40. The Blazers at long last would finally get on the board, Gardner throwing up a bomb to Little for a 40 yard touchdown, cutting our lead to 38-7 with 1:29 left in the third quarter.

A 24 yard kickoff return by Johnson got us in great field position, starting at our 39. Oliver took the ball on first down, fighting his way to a 5 yard gain, before getting brought down for no gain to leave third and 5. A quick pass to Harper was complete, but wouldn’t be enough as it went for a four yard gain, leaving fourth and one near midfield. A three yard return by Witherspoon on the 41 yard punt got UAB lined up at their 13 yard line.

Gardner got the drive started for UAB with a 5 yard completion to Witherspoon, the final seconds running off the clock, bringing the third quarter to an end, our lead at 38-7.

Opening up the fourth quarter, UAB picked up where it left off as Gardner dropped back and found Allen for a 13 yard gain and a first down at the 31 yard line. The Blazers would return to the end zone on the next play as Beck received the handoff and broke free around the left side and up the sideline for a 69 yard touchdown, further cutting our lead down to 38-14 with 8:31 remaining in the game.

A 21 yard kickoff return by P.J. Stephens gave us the ball at our 21 yard line, looking to nail the coffin shut. Oliver took the ball on first down, but never had a chance on the play, quickly brought down for a one yard loss to leave second and 11. A pass to Silva went for a gain of 5 yards to set up third and 6. The third down pass intended for Harper was nearly intercepted by the outside linebacker, bringing out the punt team on fourth down. A 10 yard return on the 42 yard punt gave UAB great field position, starting at their 45.

UAB opened up its next drive with an incomplete pass, before Gardner found Allen for a 5 yard gain to leave third and 5. Our defense would end up gift wrapping a first down to UAB as a roughing the pass penalty gave the Blazers a first down at our 34. Gardner would keep the positive momentum going with a 17 yard strike to Beck to move the chains to our 17 yard line. A four yard rush by Beck was followed with a 13 yard pass to Little, a desperation ankle tackle saving the touchdown, but leaving first and goal right outside the goal line. Beck would finish off the drive on first down, punching it in for a one yard touchdown. Going for the two-point conversion, Beck was took the ball and rushed through the middle of line and into the end zone and suddenly our dominating lead had been cut to 38-22 with 5:51 left to play.

Despite still trailing by 16 points, UAB kicked off normally, P.J. Stephens returning the ball 17 yards to our 24 yard line for our next drive, looking to kill off some clock. That plan lasted all of one play as Oliver was swarmed for no gain on the first down rush. Going into the air on second down, Vaughn was able to somehow come down with the ball between the safety and cornerback, complete for a 15 yard gain and a first down at the 39. Oliver still could not find anywhere to go on the ground, managing a single yard on the first down carry. Returning to the air, Johnson managed to pull the ball in from behind the cornerback’s head, complete for a 12 yard gain to move the chains to the UAB 48 yard line. A pair of rushes by Oliver for gains of one and three yards left us facing third and 6. A pass to Silva on third down went for a four yard gain, but came up short, the punt team coming out on fourth and two, UAB calling their first timeout with 2:14 left in the game.

A touchback on the punt set UAB up at their 20 yard line with just a hair over two minutes remaining. The dropped pass counter would increase on first down, as Allen dropped a ball from Gardner, before Harris was able to pull down a second down pass for a 16 yard gain to move the sticks to the 36 yard line. After an incomplete pass intended for Beck, Harris went from hero to goat, dropping a ball to bring up third and long. The defense would rise to the occasion on third down, sacking Gardner for a two yard loss to leave UAB facing fourth and 12, their hopes coming down to this one play with 1:39 left to go. The fourth down pass intended for Allen was on-target and well beyond the first down marker, but a desperation dive by the safety knocked the ball away at the last second, forcing the turnover on downs and giving us possession at the UAB 34 yard line with 1:26 left in the game.

Oliver took the ball on first down, rushing up the middle for a 5 yard gain, but a facemask penalty on outside linebacker Kenny Pollock during the tackle gave us 15 free yards, setting up first down at the 15 yard line. The Blazers were able to bring Oliver down on second down without penalty, stuffing him for no gain and calling their second timeout with 1:21 to go. Another rush by Oliver picked up four yards on the play, leaving third and 6 at the 11 yard line, UAB’s final timeout taken with 1:17 to go. Taking the third down handoff up the middle, Oliver was able to weave his way straight through the line for a 10 yard rush, finally brought down short of the end zone to set up first and goal at the one yard line. Stephens would drop to a knee two times to run out the final 56 seconds, sealing the 38-22 win to end our 2018 season on a high note.

With the win, we end our 2018 season at 7-6, 5-3 in Big East action. With the loss, UAB’s year comes to a close at 8-5, 5-3 in Conference USA play.

Final Score
    38, 22

Stat(s) of the Game:
    - Tulsa Offense – A mostly good day by Stephens, ending 24-39 for 351 yards and two touchdowns, only sour note was the one interception. Rushing, it was all Oliver as he finished with 183 yards and two touchdowns on 34 carries. Silva ended with 10 yards and one touchdown on two attempts. Receiving, Johnson led the way with 126 yards and one touchdown on seven receptions. Vaughn had 73 yards and a touchdown on six receptions and P.J. Stephens had 80 yards on two receptions. In all, seven receivers caught a ball today, five receivers ended with double digit yards, Johnson the only player to reach triple digits.

- Tulsa Defense – Incredible for pretty much the entire game. Shut UAB down for the first half, gave up a lone touchdown in the third quarter, and while UAB scored twice in the fourth quarter, the Blazers were led by a Heisman-winning QB after all. The defense also managed to pick off Gardner twice. The most damning stat for the UAB offense, besides the two drive-killing interceptions, was 9 total dropped passes between Little (3 drops), Allen (1 drop), Beck (2 drops) and Harris (3 drops). 9 dropped passes that almost constantly killed all momentum UAB had manged to build up and regularly doomed drives in their infancy.

- Tulsa Kicking – Pratt closes out his collegiate career going 1-1 in field goals with a 27 yard kick, and 5-5 in PATs.

Scoring Summary

Team 1st Quarter 2nd Quarter 3rd Quarter 4th Quarter Final Score
    0 0 7 15 22
    14 21 3 0 38

Time Team Result Play Score
    First Quarter
    5:42 Touchdown J. Vaughn, 21 yard pass from B. Stephens (A. Pratt kick) 7-0
    2:29 Touchdown W. Oliver, 73 yard run (A. Pratt kick) 14-0
    Second Quarter
    6:30 Touchdown E. Silva, 4 yard run (A. Pratt kick) 21-0
    2:01 Touchdown W. Oliver, 2 yard run (A. Pratt kick) 28-0
    0:27 Touchdown J. Johnson, 13 yard pass from B. Stephens (A. Pratt kick) 35-0
    Third Quarter
    6:24 Field Goal A. Pratt, 27 yard field goal 38-0
    1:29 Touchdown R. Little, 40 yard pass from A. Gardner (M. Walker kick) 38-7
    Fourth Quarter
    8:31 Touchdown T. Beck, 69 yard run (M. Walker kick) 38-14
    5:51 Touchdown T. Beck, 1 yard run (2-point conversion good) 38-22

Game Stats

UAB Stat Tulsa
    22 Score 38
    16 First Downs 22
    400 Total Offense 523
    10 - 102 - 2 Rushes - Yards - TD 40 - 172 - 3
    23 - 50 - 1 Comp - Att - TD 24 - 39 - 2
    298 Passing Yards 351
    2 Times Sacked 2
    3 - 11 (27%) 3rd Down Conversion 9 - 16 (56%)
    0 - 2 (0%) 4th Down Conversion 0 - 0 (0%)
    1 - 1 (100%) 2-Point Conv 0 - 0 (0%)
    1 - 1 - 0 (100%) Red Zone - TD - FG 7 - 3 - 1 (57%)
    2 Turnovers 1
    0 Fumbles Lost 0
    2 Intercepted 1
    10 Punt Return Yards 17
    42 Kick Return Yards 73
    452 Total Yards 613
    6 – 42.8 Punts - Average 6 – 44.5
    6 - 50 Penalties 3 - 45
    12:02 Time of Possession 23:58

Tulsa Contract Goals Update

Fail Impact Goal Progress Pass Impact
    21+ points per game in each season 38
    Win 10 games in one season 7
    3300+ passing yards each season
    65% pass completions over the entire contract 60%
    Win 6 games in one season
    15+ rushing TD in each season 3/4 Completed
    3200+ total offensive yards each season 3/4 Completed
    3400+ total offensive yards each season 3/4 Completed
    Hidden Goal
    Win a Bowl Game

Job Security Status

63%
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 07-06-2013 at 08:59 AM.

I don't know how we did. I have no clue how the hell we did it. But we somehow beat a UAB team that was led by a Heisman, Maxwell, Walter Camp, and O’Brien trophy-winning, first team NCAA All-American QB and Biletnikoff trophy-winning, first NCAA All-American WR.

Granted, two interceptions by our defense and 9 dropped passes by UAB receivers really did not help UAB's offense. I'm also surprised with how easily we were, for the most part, able to move the ball against the above-average UAB defense.

Definitely a shocking victory. When I saw I was playing UAB with their QB and #1 WR absolutely cleaning up the national awards, I was expecting the worse going into this game. Still can't believe I actually pulled it out.

Edit - Just hit the end of season contract update, I will live to see another season at Tulsa. I met a hidden goal in my contract of winning a bowl game, which had a 6 green arrow impact, skyrocketing my job security up to 63%. So I will no longer have to sweat bullets this off-season waiting to see if I'll be allowed to finish out my contract or get fired.
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 05-12-2013 at 01:07 PM.

2018 Bowl Season Rundown

Bowl Game Conference Record Team Results Team Record Conference
    8-5 (5-4) 27-24 7-6 (5-4)
    8-5 (4-4) 52-20 8-5 (6-3)
    10-3 (6-1) (25) 27-3 7-6 (4-4)
    7-6 (5-3) 38-22 8-5 (5-3)
    9-4 (6-3) 18-9 8-5 (5-4)
    10-3 (7-2) (22) 38-28 9-4 (6-3)
    7-6 (3-5) 31-14 6-7 (4-4)
    9-4 (5-4) 42-3 7-6 (4-5)
    7-6 (3-6) 35-3 10-4 (7-3)
    12-2 (9-0) (19) 31-24 (23) 9-4 (6-3)
    7-6 (3-6) 49-17 7-6 (6-3)
    9-5 (7-3) 45-24 7-6 (5-4)
    10-3 (6-3) (17) 49-28 (21) 9-4 (7-2)
    10-3 (6-3) 38-28 (18) 8-5 (0-0) Independent
    9-4 (5-4) (13) 37-17 8-5 (6-3)
    8-5 (5-4) 35-25 6-7 (5-4)
    10-3 (6-3) 52-23 7-6 (6-3)
    8-5 (4-3) 41-24 8-5 (5-4)
    7-6 (5-3) 35-30 6-7 (6-2)
    8-5 (5-4) 29-17 7-6 (4-5)
    11-3 (7-3) (8) 38-7 7-6 (5-4)
    7-6 (3-6) 49-42 6-7 (5-4)
    9-4 (6-3) 24-3 (7) 9-4 (6-3)
    11-3 (7-3) (12) 45-21 (16) 9-5 (7-3)
    :TaxSlayer_Gator: 10-3 (6-3) 42-24 (20) 7-6 (5-4)
    8-5 (6-3) 28-25 7-6 (4-5)
    11-2 (8-1) (15) 35-31 (24) 8-5 (6-3)
    8-5 (4-5) 41-31 6-7 (5-3)
    10-4 (7-3) 38-21 9-4 (5-2)

2018 BCS Bowls

Bowl Game Conference Record Team Results Team Record Conference
    13-1 (9-1) (6) 45-35 (4) 12-2 (9-1)
    11-3 (8-2) (10) 38-31 (5) 9-4 (6-3)
    11-2 (7-2) (3) 28-9 (11) 11-2 (8-1)
    10-3 (6-3) (9) 35-17 (14) 9-4 (8-1)
    13-1 (9-1) (2) 38-14 (1) 13-1 (9-0)

2018 Bowl Challenge Cup Standings

Rank Conference Bowl Teams Bowl Record Percentage Teams in AP Poll
    1 6 5-1 .833 1
    2 (1) 9 6-3 .666 5
    3 (1) 6 4-2 .666 3
    4 (1) 3 2-1 .666 1
    5 10 6-4 .600 3
    6 6 3-3 .500 3
    7 9 4-5 .444 6
    8 6 2-4 .333 1
    9 (2) 6 1-5 .166 1
    10 (2) 6 1-5 .166 0
    11 Independents* 1 0-1 .000 1
    12 * 0 0-0 .000 0

* - Ineligible for Bowl Challenge Cup.
    1 - Tied based on winning percentage, but final order based on number of bowl wins.
    2 - Tied with 1-5 records.
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 05-12-2013 at 01:02 PM.

And so there you go. Clemson is your 2018 national champion, and the Big East goes a surprising 5-1 in bowl games to win the 2018 Bowl Challenge Cup.

On the other side of the coin, Conference USA and the MAC goes 1-5 for the bowl season to claim the "we suck" conference title of 2018. That is the second year in a row of Conference USA finishing at the bottom, going 1-11 in bowl games over the last two years.

For user teams, Tulsa beats UAB in the Beef O'Brady's Bowl, Ohio State whoops Alabama in the Gator Bowl, #15 West Virginia gets a 35-31 win over Texas A&M in the Cotton Bowl, Arkansas State takes down Florida International 27-7 in the New Orleans Bowl and Southern Miss loses to SMU 35-30 in the Liberty Bowl.

The Big East going an impressive 5-1 and winning the Bowl Challenge cup, coupled with their 5-1 finish two years ago and 3-3 finish last year, I am officially reinstating the Big East's automatic BCS bid for the 2019 season

After going a perfect 6-0 last year, the Mountain West was able to follow that up with a 4-2 finish this year, so I will also grant reinstatement of the Mountain West's automatic BCS bid in 2019. With the Big East and Mountain West regaining the automatic bids, that will leave one open slot for an at-large team in the BCS.

2018 Final Top 25

Coaches Poll - Media Poll

Rank Team Record Team Record
    1 13-1 13-1
    2 11-2 11-2
    3 13-1 13-1
    4 13-1 13-1
    5 10-3 10-3
    6 11-3 11-3
    7 11-3 11-3
    8 12-2 9-4
    9 9-4 11-3
    10 11-3 12-2
    11 11-2 11-2
    12 9-4 9-4
    13 10-3 10-3
    14 9-4 12-2
    15 12-2 9-4
    16 11-2 11-2
    17 9-4 10-3
    18 10-3 10-3
    19 10-3 9-4
    20 9-5 9-5
    21 10-3 10-3
    22 10-3 10-3
    23 10-3 10-3
    24 9-4 9-4
    25 8-5 8-5

2018 Coaching Carousel

Team Position Previous Coach Reason Left New Coach Previous Team Previous Position O/D Style
    Head Coach Mario Cristobal Fired Cameron Norcross Offensive Coordinator Virginia Tech (Multiple) \ 4-3
    Head Coach Chuck Heater Fired Ted Roof Defensive Coordinator Auburn (Multiple) \ 4-3
    Offensive Coordinator Cameron Norcross Left for Miami HC job Tyson Hart Offensive Coordinator Syracuse (Pro)
    Head Coach Mike Sherman Retired at age 71 Derek Mason Defensive Coordinator Stanford (Pro) \ 3-4
    Defensive Coordinator Ted Roof Left for NC State HC job Mike Archer Defensive Coordinator 3-4
    Head Coach Jeff Casteel Fired Jeff Tedford Offensive Coordinator Fresno State (Spread) \ 3-4
    Head Coach Rick Neuheisel Fired Brian Bohannon Offensive Coordinator Georgia Tech (Option) \ 3-4
    Head Coach Mike Riley Fired Chris Rippon Defensive Coordinator Baylor (Spread) \ 4-3
    Head Coach Tom Bradley Retired at age 68 Norm Chow Offensive Coordinator Utah (Multiple) \ 4-3
    Defensive Coordinator Chris Rippon Left for Temple HC job Mark Snyder Defensive Coordinator 4-3
    Offensive Coordinator Brian Bohannon Left for Fresno State HC job Ken Niumatalolo Offensive Coordinator Navy (Option)
    Defensive Coordinator Mike Archer Left for Auburn DC job Mark Stoops Defensive Coordinator 4-3
    Head Coach Ron Zook Fired Kevin Cosgrove Defensive Coordinator Akron (Spread) \ 4-3
    Defensive Coordinator Mark Stoops Left for Georgia Tech DC job Jim Heacock Defensive Coordinator 4-3
    Defensive Coordinator Jim Heacock Left for NC State DC job Kurt Van Valkenburgh Defensive Coordinator 3-4
    Head Coach Todd Bradford Fired Chad Glasgow Head Coach Akron (Spread) \ 4-3
    Head Coach Chad Glasgow Left for Purdue HC job Ken Karcher Head Coach Ole Miss (Spread) \ 4-3
    Head Coach Ivin Jasper Fired Rick Neuheisel Head Coach UCLA (Spread) \ 4-3
    Defensive Coordinator Mark Snyder Left for BYU DC job Joe Tresey Defensive Coordinator 4-3
    Head Coach Ken Karcher Left for Troy HC job Dabo Swinney Offensive Coordinator Louisville (Spread) \ 4-3
    Defensive Coordinator Pete Kwiatkowski Fired Tim Banks Defensive Coordinator 4-3
    Head Coach George O'Leary Fired Todd Grantham Defensive Coordinator Northern Illinois (Pistol) \ 4-3
    Offensive Coordinator Dabo Swinney Left for West Virginia HC job Sonny Dykes Offensive Coordinator Missouri (Spread)
    Head Coach Joe Paterno Retired at age 72 Ian Shields Head Coach NC State (Multiple) \ 4-3
    Head Coach Ian Shields Fired Chuck Heater Head Coach FIU (Spread) \ 4-3
    Head Coach Buddy Green Fired Turner Gill Offensive Coordinator Kansas (Pro) \ 3-4
    Head Coach Les Miles Fired Dan Enos Offensive Coordinator Kentucky (Pro) \ 3-4
    Head Coach Dave Yost Fired Mario Cristobal Head Coach Miami (Pro) \ 4-3
    Offensive Coordinator Jeff Tedford Left for Cal HC job Steve Spurrier Offensive Coordinator Washington (Pro)
    Defensive Coordinator Kurt Van Valkenburgh Left for Ohio State DC job Pete Kwiatkowski Defensive Coordinator 4-2-5
    Offensive Coordinator Sonny Dykes Left for Louisville OC job Ivin Jasper Head Coach Louisiana Tech (Air Raid)
    Head Coach Manuel Gold Fired George O'Leary Head Coach UCF (Multiple) \ 4-3
    Defensive Coordinator Derek Mason Left for Rutgers HC job Greg Stewart Defensive Coordinator 4-3
    Offensive Coordinator Ken Niumatalolo Fired Jeff Casteel Head Coach Washington State (Air Raid)
    Offensive Coordinator Norm Chow Left for Kentucky HC job Les Miles Head Coach LSU (Multiple)
    Head Coach Chris Ball Fired Payam Saadat Defensive Coordinator Ole Miss (Spread) \ 4-3
    Defensive Coordinator Brian Stewart Fired Pete Rekstis Defensive Coordinator Multiple D
    Offensive Coordinator Frank Cignetti Fired Matt Limegrover Offensive Coordinator Minnesota (Multiple)
    Defensive Coordinator Todd Grantham Left for UCF HC job Kyle Walker Defensive Coordinator 4-3
    Offensive Coordinator Tyson Hart Left for Virginia Tech OC job Mike Riley Head Coach Oregon State (Pro)
    Defensive Coordinator Greg Stewart Left for Stanford DC job Jared McKinney None None 4-3
    Offensive Coordinator Turner Gill Left for Buffalo HC job Geoff Collins Offensive Coordinator Central Michigan (Multiple)
    Defensive Coordinator Payam Sadat Fired Dwayne Scales None None 4-3
    Offensive Coordinator Dan Enos Left for Colorado HC job Eric Price Offensive Coordinator Mid Tennessee State (Air Raid)
    Defensive Coordinator Kevin Cosgrove Left for Illinois HC job Steve Stanard Defensive Coordinator 4-3
    Defensive Coordinator Kraig Paulson Fired Brian Stewart Defensive Coordinator 3-4
    Offensive Coordinator Steve Spurrier Left for Fresno State OC job Neil Callaway Offensive Coordinator Memphis (Spread)
    Defensive Coordinator Kyle Walker Fired William Inge Defensive Coordinator 3-4
    Defensive Coordinator Tim Banks Left for Boise State DC job Manuel Gold Head Coach 3-4
    Defensive Coordinator Pete Rekstis Left for Houston DC job Ron Zook Head Coach 4-3
    Offensive Coordinator Matt Limegrover Left for Rutgers OC job John Pennington None None UTSA (Multiple)
    Offensive Coordinator Neil Callaway Left for Washington OC job Frank Cignetti Offensive Coordinator Rutgers (Pro)
    Offensive Coordinator Eric Price Left for Kentucky OC job Dave Yost Head Coach Florida Atlantic (Spread)
    Defensive Coordinator William Inge Fired Chris Ball Head Coach 3-4
    Defensive Coordinator Steve Stanard Fired Buddy Green Head Coach 4-3
    Defensive Coordinator Joe Tresey Left for USC DC job Kraig Paulson Defensive Coordinator 4-3
    Offensive Coordinator Geoff Collins Left for Arizona State OC job Todd Bradford Head Coach

Jobs I Was in the Running For

Team Position Candidate Rank Offered Job
    Head Coach 1st No
    Head Coach 2nd No
    Offensive Coordinator 1st No
    Head Coach 3rd No
    Head Coach 4th Yes
    Head Coach 2nd Yes
    Offensive Coordinator 4th Yes
    Offensive Coordinator 2nd Yes
    Head Coach 2nd Yes
    Head Coach 4th Yes
    Offensive Coordinator 3rd Yes
    Offensive Coordinator 1st Yes

Notes of Interest

• In big name head coach firings, Mario Cristobal is shown the door at Miami, as is Chuck Heater from NC State, Rick Neuheisel from Fresno State, Jeff Casteel from Cal, Mike Riley from Temple, Ron Zook from Illinois, Ivin Jasper from UCLA, Todd Bradford from Purdue, George O'Leary from UCF and Les Miles from Colorado.
    • The Joe Paterno era in college football has come to an end as JoePa retires at age 72.
    • For some reason, West Virginia's head coach leaves to become Troy's head coach. (They really need to fix the movement logic in coaching carousel)
    • Had some really tempting offers this year, between Head Coach at Colorado, Florida Atlantic and Washington State, to Offensive Coordinator at Fresno State, Texas Tech, Hawaii, Rutgers, Arizona State, Washington (who I want to make a stop at sometime) and Minnesota, but alas, one more season to go at Tulsa before I can make my next career move.
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 06-26-2013 at 02:15 AM.

Nice updates, Smooth. The Top 25 logic is so screwed up.

And look at Ohio State losing to a 3-8 Michigan team. Are you sure John Cooper didn't take over?
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

2018-19 Off-Season

Players Leaving

Player Position Overall Year Reason Overall of Next Player
    Alphonso Pratt K 99 Senior (RS) Pro Draft/Graduation 83
    Will Carter RG 81 Senior (RS) Graduation 78

NFL Draft

Player Position Overall Year Projected Round Drafted Round
    Alphonso Pratt K 99 Senior (RS) Round 4 Round 4

Transfer Requests

Player Position Transferring From Transferring To Year Overall Reason Admitted/Denied
    --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2017 Tulsa Recruiting Class

Player Position Position Rank Tendency Star Ranking Overall +/- Notes
    Shawn Gaston WR #20 Possession 76.00 79 +8 Gem
    Gary Robbins ATH #21 Athlete 78.00 78 +4
    Brett Wilson CB #23 Coverage 76.00 76 +5 Gem
    Eddie Jackson CB #17 Balanced 76.00 75 +3
    John Ham DE #57 Balanced 63.00 73 +7 Gem
    Maurice Doyle DE #34 Run Stopper 63.00 72 +3
    Rashuad Wilson WR #45 Possession 76.00 71 +5 Gem
    Shawn Turner DE #28 Pass Rusher 63.00 71 +2
    Braylon Bowling WR #263 Speed 59.00 71 +7 Gem/JUCO (JR)
    Matt Andrews WR #65 Speed 76.00 70 0
    Josh Pittman FS #19 Hard Hitter 67.00 70 +3
    Thomas Boyd T #27 Run Block 57.00 70 +1
    Mike Price K #34 Accurate 50.00 70 +6 Gem
    Jarrett Kelly WR #13 Speed 76.00 69 -4
    Joey Haynes QB #14 Balanced 73.00 69 -4
    John Miller FS #22 Hard Hitter 67.00 69 +1
    Josh Sutherland TE #54 Balanced 63.00 69 +7 Gem
    Trevor Barrett ATH #73 Athlete 57.00 69 -1 JUCO (JR)
    John Collier MLB #104 Run Stopper 56.00 69 +4 JUCO (JR)
    Odell Weaver FB #19 Blocking 49.00 69 +5 Gem
    Keenan Davis HB #54 Speed 68.00 68 -1
    Brandon Bonner T #12 Balanced 66.00 68 -7 Bust
    Eric Howard OLB #39 Coverage 64.00 68 +2
    Glen Brown DT #62 Pass Rusher 57.00 68 +1 JUCO (SO)
    Chris Scott DE #161 Run Stopper 55.00 68 +1 JUCO (SO)

Recruiting Class Rank

Position Changes

Player Position Overall New Position Overall
    Gary Robbins ATH 78 CB 77
    Trevor Barrett ATH 69 RG 70
    Bill Grant LOLB 73 ROLB 73
    Jerome Dukes ROLB 70 LOLB 70

Training Results

Highest Overall Player - Eric Hayden - WR - 96 OVR (+3)
    Largest Training Increase - Brett Hampton - C - 92 OVR (+7)

Cut Players

Player Position Depth Chart Rank Year Overall
    Joey Haynes QB 5th Freshman 69
    Keenan Davis HB 5th Freshman 68
    Odell Weaver FB 2nd Freshman 69
    John Bonner WR 6th Sophomore 73
    Rashaud Wilson WR 7th Freshman 71
    Braylon Bowling WR 7th Junior (JUCO) 71
    Matt Andrews WR 8th Freshman 70
    Jarrett Kelly WR 8th Freshman 69
    Josh Sutherland TE 3rd Freshman 69
    Thomas Boyd LT 3rd Freshman 70
    Tyler Jones LT 4th Freshman (RS) 70
    Andy Jones RT 3rd Sophomore 73
    Brandon Bonner RT 4th Freshman 68
    Shawn Turner LE 4th Freshman 71
    Maurice Doyle RE 4th Freshman 72
    Chris Scott RE 5th Freshman 68
    Glen Brown DT 5th Freshman 68
    John Collier MLB 5th Freshman 69
    Eric Howard ROLB 4th Freshman 68
    Josh Pittman FS 3rd Freshman 70
    John Miller FS 4th Freshman 69
    Eric Smith SS 4th Sophomore 72
    Mike Price K 2nd Freshman 70

Conference Changes

Team Old Conference New Conference
    Leaders Division Legends Division
    Legends Division Leaders Division
    Legends Division Leaders Division
    Leaders Division Legends Division
    Leaders Division East Division
    Legends Division West Division

BCS Bowl Tie Ins

Slots Conference Bowl
    Automatic Qualifier Orange Bowl
    Automatic Qualifier Any Bowl
    Automatic Qualifier Rose Bowl
    Automatic Qualifier Fiesta Bowl
    Automatic Qualifier Any Bowl
    Automatic Qualifier Rose Bowl
    Automatic Qualifier Sugar Bowl
    Open Slot At Large Any Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Nice updates, Smooth. The Top 25 logic is so screwed up.

And look at Ohio State losing to a 3-8 Michigan team. Are you sure John Cooper didn't take over?
    Thanks Jeff.

Yeah, Top 25 seems to always be screwed up. There's a couple of things that seem to always be screwed up in dynasty.

It is possible. I was stunned that Ohio State blew that game. With Michigan pretty much sucking this year, I thought Ohio State was gonna wipe the floor with them. They did for the first half, but laid an egg of their own in the second half.

2019 Tulsa Football Schedule

Week Home/Away Team Result Score Record Game Notes
    1 --- Bye Week --- --- ---
    2 Home Win 42-24 1-0 Season/Home Opener
    3 Home Win 51-7 2-0
    4 Home Win 38-24 3-0 (1-0) Conference Opener
    5 Away Win 38-21 4-0 (1-0)
    6 Away Loss 28-35 4-1 (1-0)
    7 Away Win 54-10 5-1 (2-0)
    8 --- Bye Week --- --- ---
    9 Home Win 48-27 6-1 (3-0) Homecoming
    10 Home Win 69-0 7-1 (4-0)
    11 Away Win 39-14 8-1 (5-0)
    12 Away #6 Win 56-42 (3 OT) 9-1 (6-0)
    13 Away Win 24-14 10-1 (7-0)
    14 Home #13 Loss 13-14 10-2 (7-1)
    15 --- Bye Week --- --- ---
    CCG Bye Week --- --- --- Big East Championship Game
    Bowl Game #22 Win 52-46 (7 OT) 11-2 (7-1) Champs Sports Bowl

--- The scores are hyperlinks to the posted game report of that game. Just click on the score/link to be taken to that game's posted report.
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 12-03-2013 at 10:36 PM.

Tulsa Four Year OC Contract Goals - Year Four

Fail Impact Goal Progress Pass Impact
    21+ points per game in each season 44
    Win 10 games in one season
    3300+ passing yards each season
    65% pass completions over the entire contract 60%
    Win 6 games in one season
    15+ rushing TD in each season
    3200+ total offensive yards each season
    3400+ total offensive yards each season

Job Security Status

90%

--- Contract goal numbers and job security updated through Season 9, Week CCG.
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 07-05-2013 at 07:38 PM.