Page 23 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast

Thread: Smooth Pancakes' Coaching Carousel Career

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Wow! That national game of the weeks sound awesome! Personally I was pulling for Mississippi St.
    Yeah, that was a crazy one. That definitely would have been one to sit and watch in CPU vs. CPU. I wanted Mississippi State to win as well, wasn't meant to be I guess.

I just played, and posted my game against Arkansas State, holy shit, what a crazy ending. I was readying myself for an overtime showdown, and then my "more holes than a slice of Swiss cheese" defense comes through in the most improbable of ways to win the game for me. Talk about insanity.

What an ending Smooth! Don't you love it when you are heading for OT and a WTF moment changes everything? Nice win!

With that insanity against Arkansas State behind me, taking a look at the conference standings, Louisiana-Monroe lost to Troy to fall to 3-3 in conference, so they are eliminated from the title race. Arkansas State has also been eliminated from the title race as they drop to 4-2 after their loss to me. I stand at 7-0 with a guaranteed share of the conference title, Troy is still breathing down my ass with a 6-1 conference mark and their last game against conference patsy Western Kentucky (1-9 so far this year), while I have a game left against Louisiana-Lafayette (5-5, 3-3) so nothing is certain.

Looking nationally, what a crazy week it was. #1 Alabama's reign at the top lasted just one short week, as the Tide fell to 10-1 on the year as 7-1 in the SEC, courtesy of a 21-17 defeat at the hands of Texas A&M (5-6, 4-5). #2 Ohio State (11-0, 7-0) avoided the upset from #12 Illinois (7-3, 4-3), winning at home 26-21. #6 TCU (8-2, 6-2) handed #3 Oklahoma (9-1, 6-1) their first loss of the year with a 30-27 win on the road. #4 Wisconsin (10-1, 6-1) held off 4-7 Indiana, 31-26. #5 Mississippi State (10-1, 7-1) keep their national title hopes partially alive, escaping with a 38-35 win on the road against #8 Arkansas (9-2, 6-2). #7 Boise State (9-1, 7-0) kept their hopes alive with a 49-28 shellacking of 5-5 Houston.

#11 Washington improved to 9-2, 7-1 with a 42-28 win over #21 Oregon (7-4, 7-1). #14 Penn State (9-2, 5-2) recovered from back to back losses to Ohio State and Wisconsin with a 35-13 win over 1-10 Purdue. #17 Northwestern (7-4, 3-4) got knocked off by Minnesota. 6-5 Michigan knocked off #22 Iowa (7-4), 42-27. Virginia Tech (7-4, 4-4) knocked off #20 Georgia Tech (7-4, 5-4), 46-21, and Ole Miss (7-4, 5-3) walloped #23 LSU (6-5, 4-4), 40-7.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    What an ending Smooth! Don't you love it when you are heading for OT and a WTF moment changes everything? Nice win!
    Yes I do love it! I was getting myself all ready for my first overtime game in my dynasty, and at all in NCAA 12 for that matter, and then my defense pulls that rabbit out of their hat. I was not expecting that at all. I was hoping at the time that my defense would actually be able to get a stop in OT so we could have a chance to win. Well, that and that they wouldn't give up a 99 yard hail mary touchdown pass.

I'm just glad to finally get that monkey off my back with Arkansas State. I've had my ass handed to me by them for two years now, and finally was able to get that elusive victory over the Red Wolves in my last season. Now hopefully I can maybe manage to pull out a win over UCF as well, who has also handed my ass to me for two seasons now.

Wow, how messed up the polls are. Alabama PLUMMETED after losing to Texas A&M and Wisconsin got fucked over. Looking at the Top 25, Ohio State rose one up to #1. Mississippi State jumped three up #2. TCU jumped three up #2. Wisconsin got stuck still at #4. Boise State rose two up to #5. Oklahoma dropped three down to #6. Oklahoma State jumped two up #7. And Alabama plummeted 11 from #1 all the way down to #12.

In the BCS Rankings, it gets strange. Ohio State (11-0) moved up one to #1. TCU (8-2) jumped up four to #2. Mississippi State (10-1) moved up two #3. Wisconsin (10-1) is still stuck at #4. Boise State (9-1) moved up two to #5. Oklahoma (9-1) fell three to #6. Oklahoma State (9-1) jumped two to #7. And Alabama (10-1) plummeted 9 to #10. Ohio State has 1.000 points, TCU 0.992, Mississippi State 0.989, Wisconsin 0.986, and Boise State 0.978.

Game Eleven

Game Notes

--- Here we are entering the final weeks. This week we take a break from conference play to take on our hated in-state brethren, the UCF Knights. Victims of ass whooping for two years running at the hands of the Knights, hopefully this year we would finally get some payback. We enter the game on a seven game winning streak, sitting at 7-3 for the year, but 0-3 in our non-conference games. The Knights come into the contest ranked ranked #9 in the nation with a 9-2 record. Under the setting sun, we won the coin toss and elected to kick.

Very much different from years past, the Knights offense failed to do anything, starting on their own 24 yard line before going backwards after two incomplete passes and a rush for a loss of four yards, punting from their 20 yard line. It got even worse when the line got flagged for false start on the punt, pushing UCF back to their own 15 yard line and punting on fourth and 19. Storm Johnson called fair catch on the 48 yard punt, but it still resulted in great field position, as we took over possession on our own 36 yard line. The Knights proved more than ready for our ground game, as Johnson quickly was tackled for a loss of one yard on first down. Jake Medlock would make them pay on second down when he found Dominique Rhymes for a 17 yard gain and a first down at the UCF 48 yard line. Our drive would sputter to an end however as three straight passes would fall incomplete. A 44 yard punt from Yusef Hagen that went unreturned left the Knights buried on their own three yard line.

That had no effect on UCF however as they quickly started moving the ball with a 6 yard rush by Mark Denman, before Jeff Godfrey hit Nico Flores for a 10 yard completion. Two more rushes for 5 and 4 yard gains by Denman set up Miller for a three yard pass to Kevin Miller on third and one. After an incomplete pass on first down from their 31 yard line, Denman picked up two yards on the ground before Godfrey hit Jacques Mackeroy for a 27 yard gain, followed up by a pass to D. J. Brown for a gain of 9 yards. Godfrey then rushed for a 7 yard gain to get a first down at our 24 yard line. A 5 yard offside penalty on the defense and a one yard rush by Denman left the Knights with second and four on our 17 yard line. After an incomplete pass, Godfrey could only manage three yards on the ground, setting up fourth and inches from the 14 yard line.

On the fourth down attempt, Godfrey managed to pick up four yards and keep the drive alive. After a second offside penalty on our defense gave the Knights first and five on our five yard line, Godfrey rushed the ball ahead for four yards, setting up second and one at the one yard line. Our defense would rise to the challenge, as Godfrey was forced to throw the ball away on a second down pass attempt, before being sacked for an 11 yard loss on third down, leaving UCF facing fourth and 11 from the 11 yard line. A 29 yard field goal by Lance Paul got the Knights on the board, giving them a 3-0 lead with 18 seconds left in the first quarter. Six seconds were left on the clock after a 26 yard kickoff return by Johnson, giving us the ball at our 24 yard line. An incomplete pass left one second on the clock, before Medlock found Rhymes for a 19 yard gain, giving us a first down at the 42 yard line as the first quarter came to a close, UCF on top 3-0.

Catching the UCF defense off guard, we opened the second quarter with a 9 yard gain off tackle by Johnson, leaving us with second and one at the 48 yard line. Johnson would convert for the first down on the next play with a 5 yard gain up the middle. The UCF defense made it tough for Johnson on the next play, as he had to fight for a three yard gain on the ground, before Medlock hooked up with Johnson over the middle for an 18 yard gain on second and 7. Johnson then took over on the ground with a 7 yard rush, before breaking a tackle and fighting through a second tackle attempt for a three yard gain to set up first down at the 11 yard line. On a first down pitch right, Johnson broke free for an 11 yard gain, leaving us with first and goal just shy of the goal line. Putting the ball in Johnson’s hand one final team, he waltzed across the goal line untouched for the one yard touchdown, giving us a 7-3 lead with 2:40 left in the half. Starting with great field position at the 33 yard line on their next drive, the Knights got moving quickly as Godfrey picked up five yards on the ground before our defense got slapped with a flag for pass interference, giving the Knights first down at our 39 yard line. After a dropped pass, Godfrey connected with Brown for a five yard gain and Denman for another three yards, leaving the offense with fourth and two at our 30 yard line. Godfrey converted their second fourth down of the game, hitting Flores for an 11 yard gain to set up first down at our 19 yard line. After rushing ahead for three yards, Godfrey found Mackeroy over the middle for a 13 yard gain, giving the Knights first and goal at our three yard line. After a rush for a loss of two yards by Denman, Godfrey took to the air, hitting Joshua Reese for a five yard touchdown pass, giving the Knights a 10-7 lead with 1:17 left in the first half.

We took over on our own 20 with 1:09 to play after the kickoff, needing to move downfield fast. We did exactly that as Medlock hit Rhymes for a 31 yard gain, Rhymes spinning out of three tackles after catching the pass before finally going down from a combination of losing his balance and having a defender jump on him. That gave us first down at the UCF 49 yard line with 1:02 left to play. Rhymes came through again with a 16 yard pass to get us down to the 33 yard line. After an incomplete pass on first down, Medlock found Willis Wright along the left sideline for a 24 yard gain, giving us first and goal at the 9 yard line with 38 seconds to play. After an incomplete pass on first down, Medlock got sacked for a loss of 10 yards, leaving us with third and goal from the 18 yard line and 20 seconds on the clock. Rhymes would again come through in the clutch, hauling in an 18 yard pass over the middle for the go-ahead touchdown, giving us a 14-10 lead with 16 seconds left in the half. After a 16 yard kickoff return out to the 21 yard line, Denman rushed the ball ahead for a 7 yard gain before the clock ran out on the half, our lead still standing at 14-10.

We started the second half at our 23 yard line after an 18 yard kickoff return by Mallary. Johnson got us started right away with a 12 yard pass over the middle for first down at the 35 yard line. Johnson followed that up with a sweep left, that he was able to turn the corner and break up field for a 23 yard gain before being tackled after failing to out-juke the safety. Johnson kept it going with a seven yard gain up the middle. A sweep right ultimately was tackled for a loss of one yard, leaving us with third and four at the UCF 36 yard line. An incomplete pass left us with fourth and four, which Coach Cristobal elected to go for it, but our fourth down pass was knocked down at the line and we turned the ball over on downs. Denman got the Knights rolling on offense with a 6 yard rush, before our defense chipped in with an offside penalty. Another 6 yard gain by Denman left the Knights with second and four at our 47 yard line, before an incomplete pass and a loss of two yards by Denman forced the Knights to punt on fourth and 6. The 49 yard punt ended with a touchback.

Going back to the air, Medlock found Rhymes for a 23 yard gain, giving us first down at the 43 yard line with 2:03 left in the quarter. A failed assignment in the secondary left Rhymes wide open deep over the middle, which Medlock instantly hit for a 21 yard gain, this time advancing the ball down to the UCF 35 yard line. A pitch left attempt netted only one yard, forcing us back into the air on second and 9. Two incomplete passes left us facing fourth and 9 at the 34 yard line, and another fourth down attempt called from Coach Cristobal. This time, Medlock was able to needle the thread between two defenders and get the ball into the hands of Wright for a 17 yard gain, giving us first down at the 17 yard line with 48 seconds left in the third quarter. Keeping the passing going, Medlock found Ezekiel Turner along the left hash mark for a 17 yard touchdown pass, giving us a 21-10 lead with 35 seconds left in the quarter. Despite a 25 yard kickoff return out to their 31 yard line, the Knights offense found nothing going against our defense, as Denman was tackled for a two yard loss, before two incomplete passes from Godfrey doomed the drive. Johnson's fair catch on the punt left us on the 30 yard line with four seconds to play in the quarter. An off-tackle run by Johnson brought the quarter to an end with a one yard loss, our lead expanded to 21-10 as the clock hit zeroes.

We started the fourth quarter with second and 11, and heading back into the air. After an incomplete pass left us with third and 11, a miscommunication by the corner and safety left Wright wide open heading downfield, where Medlock lobbed up a pass that was hauled in for a 42 yard gain, giving us first down at the UCF 29 yard line. Three straight incomplete passes would leave us with fourth and 10, before a pass to Johnson would only net 9 yards and another turnover on downs. Denman got the Knights started with three straight rushes of 7, 4 and 5 yards, followed by an incomplete pass to leave the Knights with third and five at the 35 yard line. Our defense felt free to help them out, getting tagged for pass interference, giving the Knights a first down at the 50 yard line. After a four yard rush by Denman, Godfrey found Mackeroy for a 39 yard strike, giving the Knights first and goal at our six yard line. The Knights would find the end zone on the next play, as Godfrey hit Mackeroy again, this time for the six yard touchdown pass, making it 21-16. The two-point conversion attempt was no good as the pass fell incomplete, leaving it 21-16 with 3:15 to play.

Our offense trotted back out onto the field with 3:05 left and starting on our 19 yard line after a 17 yard return by Mallary. Johnson got us off and running with an 11 yard gain on the ground to give us first down at the 30 yard line with 2:49 remaining. A four yard gain by Johnson set up second and six with 2:16 left before the UCF took their first timeout. Heading into the air, Medlock found Johnson for a 10 yard gain, giving us first down at the 44 yard line, and another UCF timeout, stopping the clock at 2:11. Attempting to put the dagger in the heart, Medlock found Rhymes over the middle for a 31 yard gain, setting up first down at the UCF 25 yard line with 2:04 left. A pass to Johnson went for five yards, when UCF called their third and final timeout with 1:49 left. A seven yard pass to Johnson gave us first down at the UCF 13 yard line with 1:12 to play, assuring us the victory, but instead of running out the clock, we wanted to twist the dagger. Medlock found Johnson again for a five yard gain, leaving us with second and five at the 8 yard line and 54 seconds left to play. Both pass attempts on second and third down got batted incomplete, forcing us to settle for a 25 yard field goal with 35 seconds left, giving us a 24-16 lead. A 16 yard kickoff return gave the Knights possession at their 16 yard line with 25 seconds left to play. Godfrey found Mackeroy for an 18 yard gain with 19 seconds left, giving the Knights a first down at the 33 yard line, before being sacked on the next play for a 10 yard loss, leaving the Knights with second and 20 from their 23 yard line with 12 seconds left. A thrown away pass left UCF with third and 20 and four seconds left to play in the game. A four yard rush by Godfrey would run the clock out and bring the game to an end, the Golden Panthers finally tasting victory against UCF, as well as knocking off a #9 team, 24-16.

With the win, we improve to 8-3 on the season and increase our all-time best win streak to 8 games. With the loss, Central Florida drops to 8-3 for the season. Up next, we close out our season at home with Louisiana-Lafayette. The Cajuns come into the game with a 5-6 record and 3-4 in conference play. They opened up the year with a 52-21 win over Eastern Kentucky, before losing at Akron 17-3. They picked up a 13-12 win at home against UNLV, before dropping consecutive home games, losing to Kansas State 49-14 and North Texas 14-12. They recovered with a home victory over Middle Tennessee State, 21-14, before going on the road and winning 42-24 at Western Kentucky. They lost to #23 Troy 24-12, lost their rivalry game at home against Louisiana-Monroe 27-14, before picking up a 20-14 overtime win at Florida Atlantic. They continued their three game road trip to end the season with a 42-21 whooping from Arkansas State, before stopping in Miami for the season conclusion with us.

Final Score
    24, 16

Stat(s) of the Game:
    FIU Offense – Another great game for Medlock and the receivers. Rushing was so-so this game.

FIU Defense – Had their usual Swiss cheese moments, but for the most part, had another solid game.

FIU Kicking – Another perfect day, 1-1 field goals and 3-3 extra points.

Scoring Summary

Team 1st Quarter 2nd Quarter 3rd Quarter 4th Quarter Final Score
    3 7 0 6 16
    0 14 7 3 24

Time Team Result Play Score
    First Quarter
    0:21 Field Goal L. Paul, 28 yard field goal 3-0
    Second Quarter
    2:40 Touchdown S. Johnson, 1 yard run (Y. Hagen kick) 7-3
    1:17 Touchdown J. Reese, 4 yard pass from J. Godfrey (L. Paul kick) 10-7
    0:16 Touchdown D. Rhymes, 18 yard pass from J. Medlock (Y. Hagen kick) 14-10
    Third Quarter
    0:35 Touchdown E. Turner, 17 yard pass from J. Medlock (Y. Hagen kick) 21-10
    Fourth Quarter
    3:15 Touchdown J. Mackeroy, 6 yard pass from J. Godfrey (2-point failed) 21-16
    0:38 Field Goal Y. Hagen, 24 yard field goal 24-16

Game Stats

Central Florida Stat Florida International
    16 Score 24
    11 First Downs 19
    234 Total Offense 413
    24 - 85 - 0 Rushes - Yards - TD 16 - 72 - 1
    12 - 23 - 2 Comp - Att - TD 19 - 35 - 2
    149 Passing Yards 341
    2 Times Sacked 1
    2 - 9 (22%) 3rd Down Conversion 2 - 7 (28%)
    2 - 2 (100%) 4th Down Conversion 1 - 3 (33%)
    0 - 1 (0%) 2-Point Conv 0 - 0 (0%)
    3 - 2 - 1 (100%) Red Zone - TD - FG 6 - 3 - 1 (66%)
    0 Turnovers 0
    0 Fumbles Lost 0
    0 Intercepted 0
    0 Punt Return Yards 0
    98 Kick Return Yards 61
    332 Total Yards 474
    3 – 46.3 Punts - Average 1 - 44.0
    1 - 5 Penalties 7 - 63
    7:40 Time of Possession 12:20

Florida International Contract Goals Update

Fail Impact Goal Progress Pass Impact
    500+ rushing yards in each season
    Win 8 games in one season
    2000+ total offensive yards in each season
    7+ passing TD in one season
    10+ points per game in each season 30 PPG
    2400+ total offensive yards in one season
    Win 4 games in one season
    2000+ total offensive yards in one season
    Bonus Goal
    Beat a higher ranked team

Job Security Status

100%
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 07-05-2012 at 02:27 AM.

And the revenge tour continues. After finally beating Arkansas State for the first time in three tries, I finally manage to beat UCF for the first time in three tries. Putting my demons to rest before moving on to greener pastures.

Looking at the conference picture, and then there were two. We currently stand at 7-0 in the conference with our game against Louisiana-Lafayette remaining. Troy's season has come to a conclusion, standing at 10-2, 7-1 in the Sun Belt following their 49-17 whooping of Western Kentucky. It's simple. We beat ULL, we win the title outright. We lose to ULL, we share the title with Troy.

Looking at the national scene, hello rivalry weekend. #1 Ohio State (12-0, 8-0) had a tough one, but pulled it out with a touchdown in the fourth quarter (the lone score in the fourth), defeating Michigan (6-6, 4-4) 20-13. #2 Mississippi State (11-1, 8-1) kept themselves planted firmly in the title picture, easily defeating #20 Ole Miss (7-5, 4-4), 42-24. #3 TCU (9-2, 6-2), also trying to make a case for the title game, kept it's hopes alive, barely edging out #19 Miami (FL) (9-3, 7-2) in the game of the week, 27-26. Miami broke a 20-20 tie with a 13 yard touchdown pass with 9 minutes remaining, but went for the two-point conversion and failed. TCU then score a touchdown on a 75 yard run with 4:38 to play, kicking the extra point for the one point victory.

#4 Wisconsin (11-1, 7-1) also kept it's name in the title race, defeating #17 Illinois (7-4, 4-4), 21-7. #5 Boise State (10-1, 8-0), also trying to make a case for a title game appearance, shellacked SMU (3-8, 2-6), 62-9. One week after losing, #6 Oklahoma (10-1, 7-1) responded with a 35-25 win over Texas Tech (5-6, 4-4). Kansas State (7-4, 5-3) scored the first upset of the day, knocking off #7 Oklahoma State (9-2, 6-2), 44-31. #8 Washington (10-2, 8-1) picked up a 31-21 rivalry win over Washington State (1-11, 1-8). Florida International (8-3, 7-0) knocked off #9 UCF (8-3, 6-2). #10 Arkansas (10-2, 7-2) barely escaped Death Valley, defeating LSU (6-6, 4-5), 38-36.

#12 Alabama's (10-2, 7-2) losing woes continued, dropping the Iron Bowl 29-15 to #15 Auburn (9-3, 6-3). Iowa (8-4, 4-4) knocked off #13 Penn State (9-3, 5-3), 35-24. #14 Baylor (8-3, 5-3) escaped against Iowa State (1-10, 0-8), 35-28. #18 Northern Illinois (11-1, 9-0) help off Eastern Michigan (3-9, 2-7), 20-17. And #21 Oregon State (9-3, 7-2) picked up a 21-14 win over #25 Oregon (7-5, 7-2).

Looking at the Top 25 polls, Ohio State remains #1, Mississippi State remains #2, TCU still #3, Wisconsin still #4, Boise State and Oklahoma still #5 and #6. Washington has moved up one to #7, Arkansas jumped two to #8, Nevada jumped two to #9 and Auburn jumped five to #10. Oklahoma State dropped five spots to #12, Alabama only dropped two to #14. Northern Illinois rose three to #15. UCF fell eight to #17. Penn State dropped six to #19, and new to the poll, showing up at #23, the Florida International Golden Panthers!!! With that ranking, the Sun Belt now has two teams in the Top 25, Troy at #20 and FIU at #23!

Looking at BCS, Ohio State remains #1 with 1.000 points. TCU, despite being 9-2, still is #2 with 0.992. Mississippi State, despite being 11-1, remains at #3 with 0.989. Wisconsin remains #4 with 0.986 and Boise State remains #5 with 0.978. Not that it matters one single bit, but FIU is ranked #24 in the latest BCS standings (league foe Troy is sitting at #21).

As for our rankings, FIU is ranked #22 in the Media rankings, #23 in the Coaches rankings, and #24 in the BCS rankings.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Wow man! Two GREAT wins for ya there. Way to finally get the UCF monkey off your back man!

One more and then you have a nice bowl gaming coming your way.

About to take the Ragin Cajuns on right now. Because the Sun Belt's tie-ins suck, right now, I'd only make the New Orleans Bowl against 6-6 Tulane, but I'm hoping that improves. I was originally gonna play 8-4 Southern Miss, which I was looking forward to, but they got bumped up (or down depending on your point of view) to the Beef O'Brady's Bowl against 8-4 SDSU.

Game Twelve

Game Notes

--- The final week of the regular season, matching up with the Ragin’ Cajuns. ULL comes into the game with a 5-6 record for the season, 3-4 in conference play. While the Cajuns are a bit down this year, sitting at 5-6, they are still every bit as dangerous as they have to win today for a bowl berth. With Troy still breathing down my ass, sitting at 7-1 in conference, it’s simple for me, win and win the conference, lose and share the conference. Lafayette won the coin toss and elected to kick.

Immediately out of the gate, we forced the Cajuns to shut us down on the ground, which they failed to do, as Johnson rushed ahead for a 35 yard gain, breaking three tackles along the way, before being tackled at the ULL 47 yard line. With that rush, Johnson broke Darrian Mallary’s school record of 1285 rushing yards in a single season. Johnson kept pounding the ball, rushing three more times for 7, 22 and 15 yards gains all the way down to the ULL 4 yard line. Taking a break to catch a breather, Mallary took over for Johnson, but was only able to gain two yards. On second and goal from the two yard line, Johnson found the right corner and dove in for the touchdown, breaking a second record previously set by Mallary, of 16 rushing touchdowns in a season. With the score, we jumped on top 7-0 with 2:15 left in the first quarter. On the Cajuns’ first play on offense, Jordy Moore got them started with a three yard rush, but after throwing away a pass on second down, Aaron Spikes could only manage two yards on third and 7, leaving the Cajuns with fourth and 5 from their 25 yard line and a punt coming up.

Taking over on our own 28 yard line after the punt, it was right back to business. After a 20 yard run by Johnson moved us down to the 47 yard line, it was dead stop for our offense, as Johnson was tackled for a loss of one on first down, followed by two incomplete passes from Jake Medlock, leaving us stranded and punting from the 47 on fourth and 11. Yusef Hagen didn’t make it easy on the Cajuns, pinning them at their 8 yard line with a 44 yard punt. Spikes took the ball on first down for a four yard gain, but that was partially wiped out following a rush for a loss of two yards by Qyendarius Griffin. A three yard gain by Spikes on third and 8 wouldn’t be enough, as the Cajuns were forced to punt on fourth and 5. A fair catch on the 41 yard punt set our offense up at the 46 yard line. Johnson quickly got us back on track, rushing for gains of 14 and 12 yards, giving us first down at the ULL 29 yard line as the clock expired on the first quarter, our 7-0 lead intact.

As the second quarter opened, bad news came down that Johnson was going to be sitting out of the rest of the half with back spasms, the third quarter being the earliest he could return. Taking over for Johnson, Mallary kept us going with a 14 yard rush, but was quickly wrapped up for only a two yard gain on the next play. Mallary would take it to the house on the next play, turning the corner on a pitch left and fighting in the end zone for the 13 yard touchdown rush, making it 14-0 with 2:50 left in the half. After an incomplete pass, the Ragin Cajuns started moving the ball, courtesy of Spikes, who broke of rushes of 5, 7 and 9 yards to set up first down at our 48 yard line. That would be the closest they would get as Spikes was tackled for a loss of three yards, an incomplete pass on second down left the Cajuns with third and 13, before Moore was sacked for a five yard loss, leaving the Cajuns with fourth and 18 at their 44 yard line. Taking over at our 20 with 1:34 to play after the punt, we went into the air, trying to score the dagger in the coffin in the first half. After a pair of incomplete pass, Medlock found Dominique Rhymes for a 22 yard gain, moving us out to the 42 yard line. A pass to Mallary for 15 yards and a 28 yard bomb to Willis Wright gave us first down at the 17 yard line with 41 seconds left. Wayne Times would get us on the scoreboard again, catching a pass on a hook route right at the goal line for the 17 yard touchdown, extending our lead to 21-0 with 36 seconds left in the half. After the kickoff return, Moore was able to rush the ball for three yards out to the 26 yard line before the clock hit all zeroes, as we headed into the locker room on top 21-0.

The Cajuns came out of the gate to start the second half, as Spikes picked up 8 yards on the ground, before Greg Smith got the first down with a three yard rush out to the 29 yard line. Spikes was tackled for a loss of three yards on first down, but recovered some of it with a 7 yard gain on second and 13. It would prove not enough as Moore threw the third down pass away, leaving the Cajuns to punt on fourth and 6. A fumbled snap on the punt was recovered by Ron Blankenship, giving us possession on the ULL 18 yard line. The drive got started poorly as we were flagged for delay of game, pushing us back to the Cajun 18 yard line. A pair of rushes by Johnson for 11 and 6 yard gains gave us first and goal at the two yard line, where Johnson would only need one more play, being tackled forward into the end zone for the two yard touchdown rush, giving us a 28-0 lead with 1:55 left in the third quarter. Starting on their own 21 yard line, the Cajuns found some life, as Moore hit Jamal Robinson with a 12 yard pass, before rushing twice for a two yard gain and a one yard loss. On third and 9, Moore found Spikes for 10 yards, giving the Cajuns first down at their 44 yard line. Moore picked up two yards on the ground before throwing away a pass on second down. On third and 8, Spikes could only manage a five yard rush, leaving ULL to punt on fourth and three at our 49 yard line. The 51 yard punt went for a touchback. Taking over on our 20 yard line, we would only get off one play, a three yard rush by Johnson, before the clock ran out, bringing to an end the third quarter, with us on top 28-0.

Johnson kept the drive going by himself, as we chewed up as much clock as we could in the fourth quarter, breaking runs of 10, 11, 12, 5 and 19 yards to give us first down at the ULL 20 yard line with 1:48 left to play. A 16 yard rush up the middle by Johnson gave us first and goal on the three yard line. After Medlock was tackled for a loss of two yards, Johnson plowed ahead the remaining five yards, finding the end zone for another touchdown, making it 35-0 with 11 seconds left in the game. The game came to a conclusion on the kickoff return, sealing the victory, the 8-0 conference record, and a second straight Sun Belt conference title.

With the win, we finish the regular season with a 9-3 record, 8-0 in the Sun Belt conference, clinching the outright Sun Belt conference title and ending with a 9 game winning streak. With the loss, Louisiana-Lafayette drops to 5-7 for the season and 3-5 in conference play. Up next, it’s to be determined, as we wait for our bowl opponent to be announced.

Final Score
    35, 0

Stat(s) of the Game:
    FIU Offense – A dominating finish to the season, especially on the ground game between Johnson and Mallary.

FIU Defense – An incredible game. Held ULL to 84 yards of offense and only let them cross midfield once..

FIU Kicking – Perfect again. No field goals, but 5-5 on extra point.

Scoring Summary

Team 1st Quarter 2nd Quarter 3rd Quarter 4th Quarter Final Score
    0 0 0 0 0
    7 14 7 7 35

Time Team Result Play Score
    First Quarter
    2:15 Touchdown S. Johnson, 2 yard run (Y. Hagen kick) 7-0
    Second Quarter
    2:50 Touchdown D. Mallary, 13 yard run (Y. Hagen kick) 14-0
    0:36 Touchdown W. Times, 17 yard pass from J. Medlock (Y. Hagen kick) 21-0
    Third Quarter
    1:55 Touchdown S. Johnson, 2 yard run (Y. Hagen kick) 28-0
    Fourth Quarter
    0:11 Touchdown S. Johnson, 5 yard run (Y. Hagen kick) 35-0

Game Stats

Louisiana-Lafayette Stat Florida International
    0 Score 35
    5 First Downs 16
    84 Total Offense 335
    19 - 62 - 0 Rushes - Yards - TD 25 - 255 - 4
    2 - 7 - 0 Comp - Att - TD 4 - 8 - 1
    22 Passing Yards 80
    1 Times Sacked 0
    2 - 7 (28%) 3rd Down Conversion 1 - 2 (50%)
    0 - 0 (0%) 4th Down Conversion 0 - 0 (0%)
    0 - 0 (0%) 2-Point Conv 0 - 0 (0%)
    1 - 0 - 0 (0%) Red Zone - TD - FG 6 - 5 - 0 (83%)
    1 Turnovers 0
    1 Fumbles Lost 0
    0 Intercepted 0
    0 Punt Return Yards 8
    116 Kick Return Yards 18
    200 Total Yards 361
    4 – 45.0 Punts - Average 1 - 45.0
    0 - 0 Penalties 1 - 5
    4:46 Time of Possession 11:14

Florida International Contract Goals Update

Fail Impact Goal Progress Pass Impact
    500+ rushing yards in each season
    Win 8 games in one season
    2000+ total offensive yards in each season
    7+ passing TD in one season
    10+ points per game in each season 30 PPG
    2400+ total offensive yards in one season
    Win 4 games in one season
    2000+ total offensive yards in one season

Job Security Status

100%

Nice! Good way to end the season. Hopefully you get a good bowl matchup.

Another win that was badly needed. With the win, we finish 8-0 in the conference for the year, clinching the title outright over 7-1 Troy.

Looking at the national scene, #3 TCU (10-2, 7-2) kept itself firmly in the national title picture with a 34-16 win over West Virginia (4-8, 2-7). #5 Boise State (11-1, 9-0) kept their slim title hopes alive with a 34-21 win over Louisville (4-8, 2-7). For the second straight week, someone knocks off the Sooners, as #12 Oklahoma State (10-2, 7-2) defeated #6 Oklahoma (10-2, 7-2), 31-24. #9 Nevada (11-1, 7-0) clinched the Mountain West title with a 43-14 win over Hawaii (3-9, 3-4). #17 UCF (9-3, 7-2) pissed after their loss to me last week, came out and walloped SMU (3-9, 2-7), 34-0.

And on a personal note in the NCAA, Navy improved to 7-5 for the year with a 20-17 win over Army, who drops to 5-7 and is eliminated from bowl contention.

Taking a quick look at the watch list, mors, West Virginia finished 4-8, 2-7 in the Big 12, finishing 9th over Iowa State. They picked up wins over Iowa state (30-7), Syracuse (25-12), Cincinnati (34-20) and Texas (20-14).

Jaymo (I think it was), Arizona State finished 1-11 for the year, 1-8 in the Pac-12, their lone win coming over USC, 24-13.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Taking a quick look at the watch list, mors, West Virginia finished 4-8, 2-7 in the Big 12, finishing 9th over Iowa State. They picked up wins over Iowa state (30-7), Syracuse (25-12), Cincinnati (34-20) and Texas (20-14).

EA has hated WVU ever since Rich Rod left. They bumblefuck through the season barely able to do shit now compared to being a sleeper for the MNC several years in a row in the game. If Holgorsen hasn't been fired yet, he will be soon.

Conference Championship Week

Conference Winning Team Record Score Losing Team Record
    (22) 10-3 (8-2) 17-14 (18) 9-4 (6-4)
    (1) 13-0 (9-0) 37-28 7-6 (5-4)
    (15) 12-1 (10-0) 24-6 (25) 10-3 (7-3)
    (6) 11-2 (9-1) 38-28 6-7 (5-5)
    (3) 12-1 (9-1) 34-17 8-4 (5-4)

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post

EA has hated WVU ever since Rich Rod left. They bumblefuck through the season barely able to do shit now compared to being a sleeper for the MNC several years in a row in the game. If Holgorsen hasn't been fired yet, he will be soon.
    He's still there, but most likely gone. In the third and final year of his contract and has 14% job security.

Pre-Bowl Games Update

Final BCS Standings

Spoiler: show
    Rank LW Team Wins Losses Points
    1 1 Ohio State 13 0 1.000
    2 2 TCU 10 2 .992
    3 3 Mississippi State 12 1 .989
    4 4 Wisconsin 11 1 .986
    5 5 Boise State 11 1 .978
    6 6 Washington 11 2 .972
    7 7 Arkansas 10 2 .959
    8 8 Oklahoma State 10 2 .958
    9 9 Nevada 11 1 .956
    10 10 Auburn 9 3 .941
    11 11 Baylor 9 3 .934
    12 12 Oklahoma 10 2 .933
    13 13 Alabama 10 2 .925
    14 14 Stanford 9 3 .916
    15 15 UCF 9 3 .900
    16 16 Northern Illinois 12 1 .896
    17 18 Oregon State 9 3 .884
    18 19 Penn State 9 3 .877
    19 22 Miami (FL) 10 3 .869
    20 20 Rutgers 10 2 .861
    21 21 Troy 10 2 .861
    22 24 Kansas State 8 4 .844
    23 23 Florida International 9 3 .836
    24 --- Illinois 8 4 .828
    25 --- Iowa 8 4 .827

Conference Standings

* - Played in Conference Championship Game

ACC

Rank Team Record Percentage Conference Record Points For Points Against Division Record
    Atlantic Division
    #1 Florida State 8-4 .660 6-3 379 272 4-2
    #2 Pittsburgh* 9-4 .690 6-4 409 353 5-1
    #3 Boston College 8-4 .660 5-4 383 259 4-2
    #4 NC State 7-5 .580 4-5 389 222 2-4
    #5 Maryland 6-6 .500 4-5 300 266 3-3
    #6 Clemson 6-6 .500 4-5 276 351 2-4
    #7 Wake Forest 6-6 .500 3-6 383 338 1-5
    Coastal Division
    #1 (19) Miami 10-3 .760 8-2 441 327 4-2
    #2 Virginia 8-4 .660 6-3 403 342 3-3
    #3 Georgia Tech 8-4 .660 5-4 425 263 3-3
    #4 Duke 6-6 .500 5-4 341 283 5-1
    #5 North Carolina 6-6 .500 4-5 322 343 4-2
    #6 Virginia Tech 7-5 .580 4-5 396 225 2-4
    #7 Syracuse 1-11 .080 0-9 189 422 0-6

Big 12

Rank Team Record Percentage Conference Record Points For Points Against
    #1 (8) Oklahoma State 10-2 .830 7-2 511 274
    #2 (2) TCU 10-2 .830 7-2 441 280
    #3 (12) Oklahoma 10-2 .830 7-2 426 220
    #4 (11) Baylor 9-3 .750 6-3 324 287
    #5 (22) Kansas State 8-4 .660 6-3 388 268
    #6 Texas Tech 6-6 .500 5-4 336 395
    #7 Texas 5-7 .410 3-6 351 334
    #8 Kansas 4-8 .330 2-7 278 361
    #9 West Virginia 4-8 .330 2-7 241 380
    #10 Iowa State 1-11 .080 0-9 251 486

Big East

#1 (5) Boise State 11-1 .910 9-0 511 287
    #2 (20) Rutgers 10-2 .830 8-1 493 315
    #3 (15) UCF 9-3 .750 7-2 368 235
    #4 Connecticut 8-4 .660 6-3 434 353
    #5 San Diego State 8-4 .660 5-4 413 284
    #6 USF 6-6 .500 4-5 301 324
    #7 Houston 5-7 .410 2-7 379 352
    #8 SMU 3-9 .250 2-7 243 475
    #9 Louisville 4-8 .330 2-7 284 324
    #10 Cincinnati 1-11 .080 0-9 206 413

Big Ten

Rank Team Record Percentage Conference Record Points For Points Against Division Record
    Leaders Division
    #1 (1) Ohio State* 13-0 1.000 9-0 504 240 5-0
    #2 (4) Wisconsin 11-1 .910 7-1 436 204 4-1
    #3 (18) Penn State 9-3 .750 5-3 411 311 3-2
    #4 (24) Illinois 8-4 .660 4-4 409 300 2-3
    #5 Indiana 5-7 .410 2-6 372 335 1-4
    #6 Purdue 1-11 .080 0-8 205 379 0-5
    Legends Division
    #1 Michigan State* 7-6 .530 5-4 440 392 3-2
    #2 Michigan 6-6 .500 4-4 331 317 4-1
    #3 (25) Iowa 8-4 .660 4-4 373 286 2-3
    #4 Nebraska 7-5 .580 3-5 381 284 3-2
    #5 Minnesota 5-7 .410 3-5 306 358 1-4
    #6 Northwestern 7-5 .580 3-5 326 300 2-3

Conference USA

#1 Temple 7-5 .580 7-2 241 286
    #2 Marshall 8-4 .660 7-2 334 263
    #3 Southern Miss 8-4 .660 6-3 409 225
    #4 UTEP 7-5 .580 6-3 321 306
    #5 Tulane 6-6 .500 5-4 284 347
    #6 Tulsa 5-7 .410 4-5 262 266
    #7 ECU 3-9 .250 3-6 207 358
    #8 Rice 4-8 .330 3-6 236 357
    #9 UAB 3-9 .250 2.7 272 384
    #10 Memphis 2-10 .160 2-7 270 380

Independents

#1 Navy 7-5 .580 --- 291 367
    #2 Army 5-7 .410 --- 235 330
    #3 Notre Dame 5-7 .410 --- 352 330
    #4 BYU 4-8 .330 --- 321 393

MAC

East Division
    #1 Miami University 8-4 .660 7-2 389 231 4-1
    #2 Ohio* 10-3 .760 7-3 305 150 4-1
    #3 Kent State 4-8 .330 4-5 250 282 3-2
    #4 Akron 6-6 .500 4-5 199 290 2-3
    #5 Bowling Green 3-9 .250 3-6 215 366 2-3
    #6 Buffalo 0-12 .000 0-9 194 383 0-5
    West Division
    #1 Northern Illinois* 12-1 .920 10-0 393 233 5-0
    #2 Western Michigan 8-4 .660 7-2 303 260 4-1
    #3 Central Michigan 5-7 .410 5-4 269 342 3-2
    #4 Toledo 5-7 .410 4-5 322 327 2-3
    #5 Ball State 3-9 .250 2-7 246 396 1-4
    #6 Eastern Michigan 3-9 .250 2-7 274 354 0-5

Mountain West

#1 (9) Nevada 11-1 .910 7-0 514 230
    #2 Air Force 7-5 .580 5-2 273 229
    #3 Fresno State 7-5 .580 5-2 310 282
    #4 Colorado State 8-4 .660 4-3 388 274
    #5 Hawaii 3-9 .250 3-4 314 447
    #6 UNLV 5-7 .410 3-4 323 319
    #7 New Mexico 2-10 .160 1-6 247 424
    #9 Wyoming 0-12 .000 0-7 112 504

Pac-12

North Division
    #1 (6) Washington* 11-2 .840 9-1 459 300 4-1
    #2 (17) Oregon State 9-3 .750 7-2 382 302 4-1
    #3 Oregon 7-5 .580 7-2 431 274 3-2
    #4 (14) Stanford 9-3 .750 6-3 387 283 3-2
    #5 Cal 3-9 .250 2-7 216 392 1-4
    #6 Washington State 1-11 .080 1-8 196 341 0-5
    South Division
    #1 UCLA 7-5 .580 5-4 338 374 3-2
    #2 Utah 7-5 .580 5-4 328 276 3-2
    #3 USC* 6-7 .460 5-5 340 348 4-1
    #4 Colorado 6-6 .500 4-5 296 334 1-4
    #5 Arizona 6-6 .500 3-6 374 328 3-2
    #6 Arizona State 1-11 .090 1-8 225 373 1-4

SEC

East Division
    #1 Tennessee* 8-5 .610 5-5 488 295 5-1
    #2 Florida 6-6 .500 4-5 293 324 4-2
    #3 South Carolina 7-5 .580 4-5 336 267 3-3
    #4 Georgia 5-7 .41- 3-5 310 292 4-2
    #5 Missouri 4-8 .330 3-6 310 384 3-3
    #6 Kentucky 4-8 .330 2-7 250 376 2-4
    #7 Vanderbilt 0-12 .000 0-9 206 471 0-6
    West Division
    #1 (3) Mississippi State* 12-1 .920 9-1 543 277 5-1
    #2 (13) Alabama 10-2 .830 7-2 444 276 4-2
    #3 (7) Arkansas 10-2 .830 7-2 449 334 4-2
    #4 (10) Auburn 9-3 .750 6-3 385 208 3-3
    #5 Ole Miss 7-5 .580 5-4 391 324 2-4
    #6 LSU 6-6 .500 4-5 300 314 1-5
    #7 Texas A&M 5-7 .410 4-5 293 355 2-4

Sun Belt

#1 (23) Florida International 9-3 .750 8-0 371 274
    #2 (21) Troy 10-2 .830 7-1 503 239
    #3 Arkansas State 7-5 .580 5-3 402 317
    #4 UL Monroe 7-5 .580 5-3 370 313
    #5 North Texas 4-8 .330 4-4 221 361
    #6 UL Lafayette 5-7 .410 3-5 224 293
    #7 Florida Atlantic 4-8 .330 3-5 283 347
    #8 Western Kentucky 1-11 .080 1-7 226 425
    #9 Mid Tennessee State 1-11 .080 0-8 139 400

WAC

#1 Idaho 7-5 .580 3-1 276 258
    #2 Louisiana Tech 7-5 .580 3-1 293 282
    #3 San Jose State 5-7 .410 3-1 254 297
    #4 Utah State 6-6 .500 1-3 308 260
    #5 New Mexico State 4-8 .330 0-4 280 330

Heisman Memorial Trophy

Rank Player Position Team 1st 2nd 3rd Total
    #1 Tyler Russell QB Mississippi State 330 244 130 1617
    #2 Brandon Mitchell QB Arkansas 228 211 193 1299
    #3 Rod Smith HB Ohio State 134 180 205 967
    #4 Tracy Woods HB Miami University 67 111 173 596
    #5 Demetrius Hart HB Alabama 11 21 41 116

Award Winners

Award Player Position Team Year
    Tyler Russell QB Mississippi State Senior (RS)
    Maxwell Corey Robinson QB Troy Senior (RS)
    Walter Camp Storm Johnson HB Florida International Junior (RS)
    Bednarik Nolan Washington CB Washington State Senior (RS)
    Nagurski Liloa Nobriga ROLB Colorado Senior (RS)
    O'Brien Corey Robinson QB Troy Senior (RS)
    Walker Tracy Woods HB Miami University Senior
    Biletnikoff Geremy Davis WR Connecticut Junior (RS)
    Mackey Brandon Fulse TE Auburn Junior
    Outland Ben Riva RT Washington Senior
    Rimington Brandon Linder C Miami (FL) Senior
    Lombardi Corey Lemonier LE Auburn Senior
    Best LB Liloa Nobriga ROLB Colorado Senior (RS)
    Thorpe Dominic Clarke CB Ohio State Senior (RS)
    Groza Michael Palardy K Tennessee Senior
    Guy Cody Mandell P Alabama Junior (RS)
    Best Returner Silas Redd HB Penn State Senior

All Americans

All-NCAA

1st Team

Position Player Team Year
    Offense
    QB Corey Robinson Troy Senior (RS)
    HB Storm Johnson Florida International Junior (RS)
    HB Tracy Woods Miami University Senior
    WR Geremy Davis Connecticut Junior (RS)
    WR Chase Hammond Wisconsin Senior
    TE Brandon Fulse Auburn Junior
    C Brandon Linder Miami (FL) Senior
    LG Gabe Jackson Mississippi State Senior (RS)
    RG Colin Porter Washington Senior
    LT Paul Thompson Mississippi State Senior
    RT Seantrel Henderson Miami (FL) Senior
    Defense
    LE Philip Perkins Miami (FL) Sophomore
    LE Chris Sullivan Michigan State Freshman
    DT Pearlie Graves Texas Tech Senior (RS)
    DT John Taylor Ohio University Senior (RS)
    MLB Ethan Armstrong Wisconsin Senior (RS)
    ROLB Liloa Nobriga Colorado Senior (RS)
    ROLB Vaness Harris San Diego State Senior (RS)
    CB Dominic Clarke Ohio State Senior (RS)
    CB Nolan Washington Washington State Senior (RS)
    FS Nickoe Whitley Mississippi State Senior (RS)
    SS Cam Hudson Troy Senior
    K Michael Palardy Tennessee Senior
    P Cody Mandell Alabama Junior (RS)
    Returner Silas Redd Penn State Senior

2nd Team

Offense
    QB Clint Chelf Oklahoma State Senior (RS)
    HB Rod Smith Ohio State Junior (RS)
    HB Derrick Richardson Boise State Sophomore
    WR Roger Williamson Michigan State Sophomore (RS)
    WR Josh Boyce TCU Senior (RS)
    TE Evan Wilson Illinois Senior
    C Stefan Huber Baylor Senior (RS)
    RG Andre Harris Auburn Senior (RS)
    RG Kapua Sai Utah Senior (RS)
    RT Ben Riva Washington Senior
    RT Nick Redmond Mississippi State Junior
    Defense
    LE Pat Muldoon Wisconsin Senior (RS)
    RE Ryan Riley Oklahoma Freshman (RS)
    DT Jonathan Hankins Ohio State Senior
    DT Kyle Miller Ohio State Sophomore
    LOLB Conor O'Neill Wisconsin Senior (RS)
    MLB Tony White Ohio State Sophomore
    ROLB Kevin Pierre Louis Boston College Senior
    CB Ciante Evans Nebraska Senior
    CB Derrick Thomas Penn State Senior (RS)
    FS Jamie Wood Ohio State Senior (RS)
    SS Brian Wilson Ohio State Freshman (RS)
    K Al Foreman Mississippi State Sophomore
    P Jay Neal Western Michigan Sophomore
    Returner Jamal Berry Ohio State Senior

Freshman Team

Offense
    QB Vernon Meyer Iowa Freshman (RS)
    HB Randy McKinney Georgia Freshman (RS)
    HB Larry Hardy South Carolina Freshman
    WR Brandon Taylor Oregon State Freshman
    WR Brian Morris Oregon State Freshman
    TE A.J. Swain Ohio State Freshman
    C Darius Bennett Washington Freshman (RS)
    RG Michael Adams Boise State Freshman
    RG Michael Turner Oklahoma Freshman (RS)
    RT Barrett Simpson Oregon State Freshman
    RT Courtney Pickens Wisconsin Freshman
    Defense
    LE Chris Sullivan Michigan State Freshman
    RE Ryan Riley Oklahoma Freshman (RS)
    DT Rob Malone Penn State Freshman
    DT Brandon Vickers Ohio State Freshman
    LOLB Kelvin Ewing Penn State Freshman (RS)
    MLB Rob Porter Stanford Freshman (RS)
    ROLB Dave Stover UCF Freshman
    CB Vince Williams San Jose State Freshman
    CB George Johnson Iowa Freshman
    FS Craig Vaughn Iowa Freshman
    SS Brian Wilson Ohio State Freshman (RS)
    K Isiah Sims Ohio University Freshman
    P Isaiah Thompson Florida State Freshman (RS)
    Returner Robert Thurman Northern Illinois Freshman

All-Sun Belt

1st Team

Offense
    QB Corey Robinson Troy Senior (RS)
    HB Storm Johnson Florida International Junior (RS)
    HB Sir Gregory Thornton Arkansas State Junior (RS)
    WR Jamel Johnson Troy Senior
    WR Carlos McCants Arkansas State Senior (RS)
    TE Jim Teknipp Troy Senior (RS)
    C Lance Gunn Troy Senior
    RG Andre Huval UL Lafayette Senior
    RG Jimmie Arnold Troy Senior (RS)
    RT Demiere Burkett UL Monroe Junior (RS)
    RT Antonio Johnson North Texas Senior
    Defense
    RE Malcolm Edmond UL Monroe Junior (RS)
    RE Kurt Thompson Troy Sophomore
    DT Joshua Forney Florida International Senior (RS)
    DT Mike Thornton Troy Junior (RS)
    MLB Shayon Green Florida International Senior (RS)
    ROLB Hunter Kissinger UL Monroe Sophomore (RS)
    ROLB Craig Gibbs Florida International Freshman
    CB Marquise Dixon Mid Tennessee State Senior (RS)
    CB Treon Howard Florida Atlantic Senior (RS)
    FS Steffon Batts Arkansas State Junior (RS)
    SS Cam Hudson Troy Senior
    K Yusef Hagen Florida International Freshman
    P Hunter Stover UL Lafayette Junior (RS)
    Returner Aaron Spikes UL Lafayette Senior

2nd Team

Offense
    QB Phillip Butterfield Arkansas State Senior (RS)
    HB Brandin Byrd North Texas Senior
    HB Nathan Hendrickson Troy Junior (RS)
    WR Anthony Williams Troy Senior (RS)
    WR Tavarese Maye UL Monroe Senior (RS)
    TE Dominique Rhymes Florida International Junior
    LT Terrence Jones Troy Junior (RS)
    LG Cody Jenkins Troy Senior (RS)
    C Chris Tolbert Arkansas State Senior (RS)
    RG Jon Fisher UL Monroe Junior (RS)
    RT Jake Campbell Arkansas State Senior (RS)
    Defense
    LE Kentarius Caldwell UL Monroe Senior
    RE Isame Faciane Florida International Senior
    DT Amos Draper Arkansas State Senior (RS)
    DT Laquinton Allen UL Monroe Junior (RS)
    LOLB Patrick Butler Troy Freshman
    LOLB Bubba Brown Florida International Sophomore
    MLB Jason Lemon Troy Freshman
    CB Otis Peterson UL Monroe Senior (RS)
    CB Dionte Ponder Troy Junior (RS)
    FS Chris Pickett Troy Senior
    SS Kerry Swarn North Texas Junior
    K J.T. Evans Troy Sophomore
    P Brandon Johnson Florida Atlantic Freshman (RS)
    Returner Jyruss Edwards UL Monroe Senior (RS)

Hell yes! Storm Johnson, winner of the 2013 Walter Camp award! Along with a First Team All-American. A hell of an ending to the year.

2013 Conference Champions

Conference Team Record Conference Record CCG Loser Record Conference Record
    10-3 8-2 9-4 6-4
    10-2 7-2
    11-1 8-1
    13-0 9-0 7-6 5-4
    7-5 7-2
    12-1 10-0 10-3 7-3
    11-1 7-0
    11-2 9-1 6-7 5-5
    12-1 9-1 8-5 5-5
    9-3 8-0
    7-5 3-1

About to start going through the Bowl Rundown. 74 teams are bowl eligible (73 if you discount USC because they're 6-7), so a couple teams are getting screwed.

2013 Bowl Season Rundown

Bowl Game Conference Record Team Team Record Conference Date/Result
    6-6 (4-5) vs. 7-5 (5-3) 12/19 - 3:00PM
    8-4 (6-3) vs. 8-4 (5-4) 12/19- 8:00PM
    7-5 (6-3) vs. (23) 9-3 (8-0) 12/20 - 8:30PM
    7-5 (5-4) vs. 7-5 (5-2) 12/22 - 8:00PM
    6-6 (3-6) vs. 7-5 (5-2) 12/23 - 5:00PM
    6-6 (5-4) vs. 6-6 (4-5) 12/24 - 3:00PM
    7-5 (3-5) vs. 8-4 (7-2) 12/26 - 2:00PM
    8-4 (5-4) vs. (15) 9-3 (7-2) 12/26 - 4:30PM
    7-5 (4-5) vs. 7-5 (5-4) 12/26 - 8:00PM
    6-6 (4-5) vs. 8-4 (5-4) 12/27 - 8:30PM
    8-4 (4-3) vs. 6-6 (5-4) 12/28 - 4:30PM
    6-6 (4-5) vs. 7-5 Independent 12/29 - 4:30PM
    10-2 (8-1) (20) vs. 8-4 (6-3) 12/29 - 8:00PM
    10-3 (7-3) vs. 7-5 (3-1) 12/30 - 2:00PM
    6-6 (5-4) vs. 7-5 (7-2) 12/30 - 5:00PM
    9-3 (6-3) (14) vs. 9-4 (6-4) 12/31 - 12:00PM
    7-5 (4-5) vs. 7-5 (4-5) 12/31 - 12:00PM
    8-4 (6-3) vs. 7-5 (7-2) 12/31 - 2:00PM
    8-4 (4-4) (25) vs. 6-6 (3-6) 12/31 - 2:00PM
    8-4 (6-3) (22) vs. 6-6 (4-4) 12/31 - 6:00PM
    7-5 (5-4) vs. 8-4 (6-3) 12/31 - 7:30PM
    10-2 (7-2) (7) vs. 7-6 (5-4) 1/1 - 11:00AM
    10-2 (7-2) (13) vs. (18) 9-3 (5-3) 1/1 - 1:00PM
    8-5 (5-5) vs. (24) 8-4 (4-4) 1/1 - 1:00PM
    8-4 (7-2) vs. 7-5 (3-5) 1/1 - 3:30PM
    9-3 (6-3) (11) vs. (17) 9-3 (7-2) 1/2 - 8:00PM
    8-4 (7-2) vs. (21) 10-2 (7-1) 1/6 - 6:00PM
    9-3 (6-3) (10) vs. (12) 10-2 (7-2) 1/6 - 8:00PM
    6-6 (4-5) vs. 6-6 (4-5) 1/8 - 2:00PM

2013 BCS Bowls

Bowl Game Conference Record Team Team Record Conference Date/Result
    11-1 (7-1) (4) vs. (6) 11-2 (9-1) 1/2 - 5:00PM
    12-1 (9-1) (3) vs. (9) 11-1 (7-0) 1/2 - 8:00PM
    10-3 (8-2) (19) vs. (5) 11-1 (9-0) 1/3 - 8:00PM
    10-2 (7-2) (8) vs. (16) 12-1 (10-0) 1/4 - 8:00PM
    10-2 (7-2) (2) vs. (1) 13-0 (9-0) 1/9 - 8:00PM

Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 07-05-2012 at 06:31 PM.