Offensive Philosophy: Air Raid
    Alma Mater: Oklahoma

Current Position: Arkansas State Red Wolves
    Previous Positions:

Current Contract
    Year Two of Two Year Contract

Job Change Rules
    • Any OC job is fair game.
    • First HC Job has to be at a lower star non-BCS conference school then I'm currently at.
    • If I am the HC at a or school, I can make the jump to a school.
    • Once I'm the HC of a school, I can only go up to a job that is more than where I am currently at.
    • If my contract is 1-2 years, I have to stay the length of the contract.
    • If my contract is 3-4 years, I have to stay at least 2 years.
    • If my contract is 5-6 years, I have to stay at least 3 years.
    • If my contract is 7 years, I have to stay at least 4 years.

Sliders
    Spoiler: show

Last edited by strattjw; 07-31-2011 at 01:52 PM.

Season Two: 13-1 (10-0)

Schedule

Season One: 7-6 (5-4) - 4th Sunbelt

Schedule
    Last edited by strattjw; 07-31-2011 at 01:19 PM.

News From Around The League
    2011 Heisman Memorial Trophy Winner
    Duke QB George Porter: 302 of 442 passing for 4135 yards 39 TDs and 9 INTs (also won the 2012 Maxwell, 2012 Walter Camp, and 2012 O'Brien)

BCS Bowl Games

2011 Heisman Memorial Trophy Winner
    Stanford QB Garrett Graves: 260 of 397 passing for 3911 yards 44 TDs and 6 INTs (also won the 2011 Maxwell, 2011 Walter Camp, and 2011 O'Brien)

BCS Bowl Games

Head Coach Changes

Offensive Coordinator Changes

Defensive Coordinator Changes
    Last edited by strattjw; 07-31-2011 at 01:26 PM.

League History

Yearly Recaps

Team Stats per Season
    2011 Season - Offensive Coordinator Arkansas State

Player Stats per Season
    2011 Season - Offensive Coordinator Akansas State

Coaching History

Goal History
    Season Two

Year Two of Two Year Contract

Season One

Year One of Two Year Contract

Coach Win-Loss Record - Offensive Coordinator

Coaching Milestone - Offensive Coordinator
    Last edited by strattjw; 07-31-2011 at 01:56 PM.

The NCAA According to OsirisMonster
    I’ve decided to shake up the NCAA by making a number of drastic conference re-alignments using the new Custom Conferences functionality in NCAA 12. I've never done anything with Custom Conferences in any previous version of NCAA so this will be a first time using this feature.

The Automatic Qualifiers
    After NCAA re-alignment, five conferences retain automatic BCS qualifiers. Each team hosts a conference championship game and has multiple or above schools. In the future a sixth automatic BCS qualifying conference could be added by that conference would need to host a conference championship game and have multiple or above prestige schools first.
    The five automatic qualifying schools are:
    • ACC
    • Big Ten
    • Big XII
    • Pac 12
    • SEC

ACC
    Clemson and Georgia Tech leave the ACC and are replaced by West Virginia (Big East) and Syracuse (Big East). The conferences divide on a rough North/South split and the ACC utilizes a Protected Rival format.

Big Ten
    In the Big Ten Nebraska never received a conference invite. Instead that invite when to Notre Dame (Independent). The Big Ten divides on a North/South split and uses a Protected Rival format.

Big XII
    Nebraska remains a member of the Big XII. Kansas and Kansas State both leave the Big XII while Arkansas (SEC), Boise State (MWC) and TCU (MWC) join. The Big XII divides on a North/South split and uses a Protected Rival configuration.

Pac 12
    The Pac 10 expands to the Pac 12 inviting Utah (MWC) and BYU (MWC) over Colorado. They divide on the North/South basis and are the only automatic qualifying conference without a Protected Rival schedule.

SEC
    The SEC looses Kentucky and Arkansas while gaining Clemson (ACC) and Georgia Tech (ACC). They divide on an East/West split and use a Protected Rival schedule.

Non-Automatic Qualifiers
    The non-automatic qualifier conferences comprise the rest of the NCAA. Three of the non-automatic qualifier conferences will become eligible to receive automatic qualifier status should they improve their prestige. These conferences are the Big East, Mountain West, and Sunbelt. The non-automatic qualifying conferences saw significant more change then the automatic qualifying conferences.
    The non-automatic qualifying conferences are:
    • Big East (AQC eligible)
    • Mountain West (AQC eligible)
    • Sunbelt (AQC eligible)
    • C-USA (4 teams)
    • MAC (8 teams)
    • WAC (10 teams)

Big East
    The Big East lost Syracuse and West Virginia while gaining seven new schools. The new schools are Buffalo (MAC), Temple (MAC), ECU (C-USA), Marshal (C-USA), Miami OH (MAC), Ohio (MAC, and UCF (C-USA). The Big East is broken into two divisions on a North/South divide and doesn't use a Protected Rival schedule.

Mountain West
    The Mountain West retained only one team from its 2010 configuration. The new Mountain West added from the C-USA Houston, Rice, SMU, Tulsa, and UTEP. From the WAC Idaho, Louisiana Tech, and New Mexico State are now in the Mountain West. Sunbelt teams UL Lafayette, UL Monroe, and North Texas joined the Mountain West. The Mountain West is broken into two divisions on an East/West divide and uses a Protected Rival schedule.

Sunbelt
    The Sunbelt has six new members. Those new members are Kentucky (SEC), Louisville (Big East), and from C-USA Memphis, Southern Miss, Tulane, and UAB. The Sunbelt divides on a North/South line and doesn't use a Protected Rival configuration.

C-USA
    The C-USA has become the conference for the Armed Services of the USA. Four schools play in the C-USA. The Citadel made the step up to FBS football replacing Eastern Michigan and joining the other service academies to round out the C-USA.

MAC
    The remaining MAC teams are all teams that played in the MAC during the 2010 season. This makes it the only conference in the game comprised only with members that played in the same conference a year ago. Eight schools play in the MAC.

WAC
    The WAC re-aligned with members of the old Mountain West conference to combine mostly west coast schools. The new WAC sees the inclusion of four previous Mountain West teams including Colorado State, San Diego State, UNLV, and Wyoming with Colorado (Pac 12) rounding out the WAC.

Independents
    Unable to find a home in any conference, former Big XII teams Kansas and Kansas State declared themselves Independents, severing existing conference ties.

As the years progress I'll update this page with changes in school prestige.
    Last edited by strattjw; 07-19-2011 at 01:21 PM.

The season starts!

The restarted season for the Arkansas State Red Wolves opened when they played a visit to TCF Bank stadium at the Minnesota Golden Gophers. The game started out strong for the Red Wolves taking the ball from their own 20 and driving deep into Minnesota territory only to see their drive stall on the 1 yard line. The Arkansas State defense held but the offense failed to match their previous success moving the ball down the field. Luckily it wouldn't matter as the defense blocked a Golden Gopher punt attempt in the end zone and recovered the ball for a TD! Minnesota would answer immediately to close out the half with a TD of their own. The second half saw a back and forth of failed offensive drives that continued into the fourth quarter. Arkansas State broke the stalemate in the fourth connecting on an 8 yard TD pass from Ellis to Williams. The Golden Gopher couldn't answer and Arkansas State sealed the win with a 27 yard FG as the clock winded under two minutes left to take a 10 point lead. This is a big win for first time Offensive Coordinator Osiris Jones looking to make an impact in the Sunbelt. "Our guys played strong against a better Minnesota team. Going on the road and coming away with a win is huge. Sure I'd like our offense to perform better but I still feel we have a real shot at winning the Sunbelt this year."

Up next Arkansas State travels to Denton TX for a showdown with rival North Texas Mean Green.
    Last edited by strattjw; 07-23-2011 at 04:03 PM.

Week two saw Arkansas State travel to North Texas to play the Mean Green. Arkansas State offensive came alive in the game scoring on 3 TD passes while racking up 251 offensive yards. The defense lent a hand as well forcing a Mean Green safety.

The Red Wolves start conference play next week when they host Memphis.

Last edited by strattjw; 07-24-2011 at 02:42 PM.

Had a bonus goal pop up after beating North Texas last night. It wasn't on my original contract goals but looks like it was a hidden goal. The goal was to beat a team ranked higher then me and carried with it no penalty for failure (good thing since I had no idea it was even a goal for me.) Not sure if others are seeing these hidden goals pop up during the season as well.

Quote Originally Posted by strattjw View Post
    Had a bonus goal pop up after beating North Texas last night. It wasn't on my original contract goals but looks like it was a hidden goal. The goal was to beat a team ranked higher then me and carried with it no penalty for failure (good thing since I had no idea it was even a goal for me.) Not sure if others are seeing these hidden goals pop up during the season as well.
    Yeah, there are little hidden bonus goals that you may see show up from time to time. If you don't complete it, if I remember correctly, it'll never show up, and you'll never be penalized for not completing it. If you do complete it, it shows up like this one did in your case, and you get that extra Pass Impact reward for completing it.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Yeah, there are little hidden bonus goals that you may see show up from time to time. If you don't complete it, if I remember correctly, it'll never show up, and you'll never be penalized for not completing it. If you do complete it, it shows up like this one did in your case, and you get that extra Pass Impact reward for completing it.
    Interesting. I wonder what types of bonus goals you see and how often they pop up. Playing with a team like Arkansas State it wasn't hard beating a team ranked higher then me.

Thanks for reading the thread too. I borrowed much of my formating from your dynasty report. I like you have stuff set up.

Interesting. I wonder what types of bonus goals you see and how often they pop up. Playing with a team like Arkansas State it wasn't hard beating a team ranked higher then me.

Thanks for reading the thread too. I borrowed much of my formating from your dynasty report. I like you have stuff set up.
    Yeah, I have no idea what kind of bonus goals we all might see, but they are definitely there and a nice little surprise when one does appear.

And my pleasure. I love reading all of these dynasty threads, always interesting to see how things are going for others. I may be a bit behind and bad about replying and posting regularly in them, but I read every single one of the dynasty threads in this forum.

And I noticed that about the formatting. I appreciate the compliment of you liking my formatting and using it yourself. I'm happy to see that other people like it as well as I do. Like I told texacotea in my own thread, any setup or formatting that I have in my own thread, if people like it, they are more than welcome to use it in their threads as well. That is one of the biggest compliments, in my opinion, I can receive for how I have my own dynasty thread setup, is when people are liking that format also and using it themselves.

And now that I am getting to a chance to actually make a post about your actual dynasty in here, enjoying it so far man. I can't wait to see how you are able to do with Arkansas State and what path lies ahead for your coach.

Just one personal request, if it's not too much to ask for. When you get to week 9, don't try too hard in your game against Florida International, as they're the team I'm using in my dynasty.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Just one personal request, if it's not too much to ask for. When you get to week 9, don't try too hard in your game against Florida International, as they're the team I'm using in my dynasty.
    Can't promise anything. I'm relying on that game to reach my 6 win goal

Can't promise anything. I'm relying on that game to reach my 6 win goal
    Yeah, in my dynasty, I'm just hoping to stay in contention for a win against Arkansas State. They have some dangerous players on the team.

I was really suprised by the quality of players on Arkansas State. I swear these guys weren't that good last year. I'm using the Fairdale Kings roster so these don't have any player edits besides names. Still, it's going to be rough making it to the first Sunbelt conference championship game. With both Kentucky and Louisville in my division I'll need some luck.

Best of luck to you. Passing this year is much more difficult then in 2011. The zones can be tricky to read now.

*Coach Osiris sits down with the Jonesboro Gazette*

Reporter: Coach Osiris, thanks for taking time out of your busy day for this interview. I know you have a lot of work ahead of you as preparation for tonight's game against hated conference rival Troy. Coming off a strong win against North Texas, are the Red Wolves ready to open Sunbelt play?

Coach: I'll have my squad ready. We really started to see the Gun click last week against North Texas. I think we put on a show for the Arkansas State fans and I plan on surpassing what we did a week ago when the Trojans come to town.

Reporter: Coach, there was a lot of talk around the Sunbelt when Arkansas State named you Offensive Coordinator and Recruiting Czar. The move was often referred to as suicide for Arkansas State football. Do you feel you are the right person for the job?

Coach: The right person for the job? Come on now. This is Arkansas State we are talking about. How much worse could I make a program constantly at the bottom of the NCAA rankings year after year? Do I enjoy recruiting in a state with nearly no talent convincing recruits to come to a school that offers little in the way of an education or chance at the pros? No. But I'm not one to shy away from a challenge. And when I take this squad to a bowl game then we'll see who is the right person for the job!

*Coach Osiris gets up and leaves the interview.*

Week 3 Arkansas State hosted Memphis as they opened up Sunbelt conference play. The game stayed close until the 4th quarter when Arkansas State scored two straight TDs to run away with the game and earn a 28-10 win. The offense clicked on all cyclinders as the Red Wolves put up 2 passing and 2 rushing TDs. 3rd down, thought, was a sticking point for Arkansas State going only 28% (2-7) on third downs.

Next up 3-0 Arknasas State prepares to host hated conference rival Troy.

Last edited by strattjw; 07-24-2011 at 02:48 PM.

Nice Win!

I'm putting this dynasty on hold for now due to the issues with super LB messing up the over the middle passing game and problems with roster files. After the patch I'll re-evaluate if it's worth picking up again.

Until then I'm going to start a new dynasty with default rosters in hopes that fixes some of the issues.

Edited: Actually I've decided to just restart this dynasty with unnamed rosters. It was a bit disheartening to hear that deleting your roster files was the current fix for roster issues people have seen.

Anyway, I'll do conference make up and all the same. Still play with Arkansas State. Updating this thread today.
    Last edited by strattjw; 07-23-2011 at 11:43 AM.

The defense collapsed in Week 4 as Troy steamrolled the Red Wolves 21-35. Troy put up over 400 yards of offense including 3 rushing TDs while Arknasas State had trouble mounting an effective offense in the second half. The 3rd quarter was the nail in Arkansas State's coffin as Troy scored 22 unanswered points to pull away with the big win.

Coming off the defeat Arkansas State heads into a bye week then a trip out to Kentucky to face division foe Western Kentucky.