Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NCAA '12: Heisman 0 Threshold Sliders

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by CeeGee View Post
    Why does the "threshold" even exist in this game???

Why Can't a 95 speed guy best faster than a 90 speed guy on any difficulty setting ALWAYS???
    Its honestly in there to 'cover up' some of the flaws in the game. It covers up some of the 'stupid AI' playcalling for example they come out in a 4-3 versus a 3 Wide set because you picked a run play. If you audible to a pass, with the Threshold at 50, the AI will still be able to 'cover' your extra guy because the threshold makes them the 'same' speed. With it at Zero, mercy is not granted. God forgives, I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealist View Post
    One thing im noticing right away from your videos is that the screen pass is realistically effective whereas on default the cpu would always either pick it off or tackle for a loss. Ill give your sliders a shot from the vids they look good
    Let me know how they turn out. I'd really appreciate the feedback, good or bad.

FYI: I'll update this thread if any tweaks are made or if any comments are brought up. For more stats look inside the Offline Tracker section and find my Coaching Career post. I also have videos in there of every play from the offensive side of the ball.

Hold up, wait a minute! Man, I may have a set that is quite incredible. Just plugged in my NCAA '09 sliders and they play pretty damn good. Hmmm, still labbing though.

Call me crazy but this is what I'm using and getting some good games... still tweaking so don't run me over with a bus yet

Heisman
    7 minute quarters
    Fast
    Zero Threshold

These are for both CPU and Human players

QB Acc - 10
    Pass Blocking - 5
    Run Blocking - 5
    Pass Coverage - 10
    Int-10

Special Teams may be placed wherever you see fit. If it wasn't mentioned, besides special teams, place it on zero. I was labbing a few weeks ago with these at 0 and this is as far as I got. Started playing today and realized they play pretty damn well. 3 game fluke? I don't know but I'll see.

Nevermind... false alarm, played another game and I'm completely shutting down USF with Rutgers... the tweaks have began

Played some games with the sliders you have up on the first page using Michigan against various equal strength opponents. The sliders play pretty well. Used the Miss State playbook to simulate a shotgun read option offense and I could do pretty well with the running game. The only issue I had was sacks. That pass rush is relentless and the CPU loves to blitz. That's a minor thing though and easy to adapt to with some practice.

Quote Originally Posted by strattjw View Post
    Played some games with the sliders you have up on the first page using Michigan against various equal strength opponents. The sliders play pretty well. Used the Miss State playbook to simulate a shotgun read option offense and I could do pretty well with the running game. The only issue I had was sacks. That pass rush is relentless and the CPU loves to blitz. That's a minor thing though and easy to adapt to with some practice.
    Thanks for trying them and the feedback.

Set 2, a whole different set, is now up on the first post. For video and stats (at least offensive for now) please check my Coaching Carousel Thread and check for any games made uploaded on today's date or later... 'The Coach Red Story'.

Got a couple of AIM messages about which game is for what set... Set 2 begins with Bowling Green... the video is still uploading but should be ready to go within the next hour. I've had two great games so far with these sliders. Won't spoil my CC but man... so far, so good.

Has anybody tried these?

I've been running Heisman on all default except for CPU pass coverage at 40. I'm wanting some changes and likely will turn down CPU pass rush a bit, but there isn't a whole lot else that is worrisome, except maybe give a bit more strength to the running games.

Rushing numbers look low on my stat sheet in my coaching career because of QB sacks being added. Most times thats an easy -40 or -50 yards of the rushing total. I've actually tweaked the PR just a bit to hopefully cut down on the amount of yards loss due to QB sacks.

Total rushing yards in 5 games from just my backs, excluding QB sacks/rushes: 508 yards
    QB sacks has taken away 145 yards.

Set 2 has been tweaked. Pass rush for both sides will be lowered to 0. Will do some more testing this weekend before its official.

Which one of the two sets should give the most realistic stats, that's all i'm about right now.

I like Set 2 for more accurate stats. Against even or lesser teams you should still be able to 'do you' but against better schools you may struggle. What I've noticed with Set 2 is that special players do special things so you have to lean on your stars a lot if you want to win.

I cleaned up the tables in the first post. Let me know if anything additional needs cleaned up there. As well, I'll take a look at your dynasty report and see what it will take to clean that up.

whats the difference in game speed. If i change set 2 to slow will it mess up my stats?

Not sure. I don't use that setting due to the fact it seems guys are stuck in mud.

Set 2 edits: I'm now at 8 minute quarters and Pass Rush was moved to 5 for both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    I cleaned up the tables in the first post. Let me know if anything additional needs cleaned up there. As well, I'll take a look at your dynasty report and see what it will take to clean that up.
    Thank you again!

Have you made any changes since Patch 2 dropped. I really liked the sliders before the patch, was such a challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by itst76 View Post
    Have you made any changes since Patch 2 dropped. I really liked the sliders before the patch, was such a challenge.
    Right now I'm trying to tweak the set for my online dynasty. Once that gets settled in I'll post those as well as work on a set for my offline games.