Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gameplay - NCAA Football 13 Wish List & Feedback

• Facebook
  • Display

Gameplay - NCAA Football 13 Wish List & Feedback

Gameplay

Use this thread for wish list & feedback items relating to Gameplay changes or improvements you would like to see in NCAA Football 13.

Be clear, but concise in making your wishes. Any off-topic posts will be deleted.

Update ratings for quarterbacks for long/med/short range passing just like madden.

The ability for QBs to throw a pass that is not a loft but neither a bullet. A nice in between, like u see thrown all the time in real life.
    And speaking of lofts, I would like to see them not take 5 seconds to come down.

Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by AMAZING View Post
    The ability for QBs to throw a pass that is not a loft but neither a bullet. A nice in between, like u see thrown all the time in real life.
    And speaking of lofts, I would like to see them not take 5 seconds to come down.
    The computer is the only one that can throw that pass . . . .they do it all the time on me on Heisman.

One thing that must be addressed is the ability to call an audible... at the line of scrimmage, and have your offense move into that formation no matter who is on the field, or what formation you are in, at the time. Example: If I am in Empty 5-Wide {QB under center} I can audible to 5 WR Mid Screen {Shot-Gun}... but I can't audible to other 5 WR formations, which is maddening. I have 5 WR's on the field, and have the Bubble Screen as one of my audibles, yet can only get to that audible if I am in a certain 5-wide set.

I am not talking about No Huddle, I am talking about calling an audible. It makes no sense the way it is currently programmed.

Another thing is the ability to start a WR in motion and then send him back to his original spot at any time. As it is, on XBox 360, the WR has to complete the full motion and stop, before you can send him back. And again, this is not the way it is in real life.

Ok so I'm the MLB and I'm covering the middle of the field drifting left and right covering my zone. I get no penalty for stopping and starting. There really should be a planting of his foot to change direction.
    I think sometimes people can use that strafe to really cover more ground then they should so I'd like to see that player actually plant and then switch directions.

Talking about ratings, Id like it if NCAA used all the new ratings that have been added to Madden.

Gameplay wise improvements to shotgun running game would be huge.

CUTTING instead of WEAVING. I was playing against my sisters boyfriend and Denard Robinson did nothing but weave through my defenders and my players were just flying around like crazy. FIX THIS

need better penalty system, pass interference needs to be called more on both sides, add horse collar penalty being called
    Last edited by UCBearcat4ever; 07-18-2011 at 10:01 AM.

LOWER all roster players ability to JUMP. No player should be higher than 50 with an avg of 25-30. This will greatly improve the passing game.

Freshman
    EA needs to do 1 of 2 things.

Officially disclose a comprehensive breakdown of the different player ratings and their effect on game mechanics.

Publicly state that it is there policy not to provide this information and instruct all EA Game Changer portals to feature this information until the policy changes. This would help prevent countless hours being wasted by thousands of players as they scour the web for an answer which does not exist.

Hopefully they would also provide a reason for that policy.

Freshman
    Associate formations subs with a team roster. Allow user to set and save formation subs for every formation in the game. Prevents user from constantly having to set these up for online ranked games and allows user to switch playbooks.

weight and momentum need to play some kind of factor in o/d-line battles. a 160 lb runningback shouldnt be able to stop a charging 340 lb d-tackle dead in his tracks.

o/d-line battles also need to move up and downfield....not just stay in one static spot

Put the package substitutions inside the play selection. It used to be that when you select a formation and were scrolling through the plays you could make the package sub there. Now you have to choose it before you choose a formation.

I might see a play I want to run with my speedy 2nd string back and then have to back out and sub him in, come back in, find the play.

Also allow me to edit who is subbed in the package formations. And on my system there is usually lag when scrolling through these.

Edit to this... actually noticed last night that this was back in the game. When you go into the actually play calling screen it's now down in the bottom right under the play arts.
    Last edited by psuexv; 07-29-2011 at 12:43 PM.

Bring back the ability to stop a guy in motion and send him back. Previous Gen you could start a guy in motion and then stop and send him back. This is used all the time in real life. Also the ability to stop him in a particular spot. Say I want to bring the outside receiver just in closer to the line or in between the slot receiver and the line of scrimmage........... I can only send him all the way across the field.

Gameplay / Play problems

Ok few things I think need to be redone on offense.

1. The Qb needs to be able to run secondary fakes. -What I'm specifically talking about are the fake end around's- The quarterback must fake the handoff to both players regardless of who is getting the ball, this also goes for the fly sweep series.

2. Bubble screens are not done right. The players will let anyone by who is in a flat zone. It isn't a passing play that there is any progression on, it is a constraint that you throw against people who line up incorrectly. The whole quick screen game needs a revamping

3. No Huddle needs to have tiered levels of tempo. Just because a team is no huddle doesn't mean that they are sprinting to the line, some teams go at a slower tempo so they can substitute. There should be 4 or 5 "Tempo levels" Its not, Huddle or No huddle, it is far more varied and complex than that. As a cool thing you could add coaches signaling on the sideline to add to the feel.

4.Cutblocking for the triple option, nuff said.

5. The inverted veer needs to be added to the game as well considering it is a play that has gained momentum recently with the recent success of Cam Newton, Pryor, and Taylor Martinez using it.
    ex- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8uYRFGyqXY

6.-The offset shotgun plays need to have a zone read and gun triple option plays added.

-The aiming point of some of the shotgun running plays is wrong and the zone read animation isn't correct. For example out of 4wr trio hb offset formation the qb choice play as is, is a veer not a true zone read IMO. When Oregon runs this play the QB makes little to no movement towards the LOS.
    ex- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6YgRqSfiD0

Edit: Another thing I would like to see is the midline option implemented both from UC and from the gun.
    -UC-ex http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rt_a9...eature=related
    -gun-ex http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55dss...layer_embedded

Note: Forgive the spelling and grammar errors if there are any
    Last edited by th3 last tiger; 07-26-2011 at 10:31 PM.

change the run blocking of the game, it's horrible, football is a huge part of my life and i know how to block and ncaa 12 is terrible at blocking, specifically run blocking, I play as wisconsin and there known to run the ball so I don't why it's such a problem. The fullback will stop in the middle of nowhere and turn around when 3 yards in front of him he could have blocked a guy, the linemen do the same on toss plays, or they will release from a double team block, head down field, then just stop in front of me and let a guy tackle the running back, I buy every other year and ncaa 10 was good at blocking, at least I didn't have such a probably with it like in ncaa 12, it's horrible and it's not football. I don't know how hard it is to figure out that if your call i run play you block the next guy that's not blocked. I know that you can't block everyone but you can at least get in the way of them and make some effort, this is the worse ncaa I've bought and would like the blocking to change.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderpack81 View Post
    change the run blocking of the game, it's horrible, football is a huge part of my life and i know how to block and ncaa 12 is terrible at blocking, specifically run blocking, I play as wisconsin and there known to run the ball so I don't why it's such a problem. The fullback will stop in the middle of nowhere and turn around when 3 yards in front of him he could have blocked a guy, the linemen do the same on toss plays, or they will release from a double team block, head down field, then just stop in front of me and let a guy tackle the running back, I buy every other year and ncaa 10 was good at blocking, at least I didn't have such a probably with it like in ncaa 12, it's horrible and it's not football. I don't know how hard it is to figure out that if your call i run play you block the next guy that's not blocked. I know that you can't block everyone but you can at least get in the way of them and make some effort, this is the worse ncaa I've bought and would like the blocking to change.
    This post is actually in the wrong thread. I don't think the blocking is that bad but there is no question there are issues. I've seen the FB pull away inexplicably as well.

Fix pass trajectory. The dev team should spend a week playing NCAA 06 before they get to work on NCAA 13 -- that game had beautiful pass trajectory and ball physics.

Improve the effectiveness of the juke move and make the spin move less effective. Juking should occasionally "freeze" and slow defenders ... watch an old clip of Barry Sanders in action. The L-stick should also be more responsive/effective for cutting and faking out defenders.

Bad snaps on punts and field goals.

Bring back interruptible player motion, as mentioned above. I hate having to send my player all the way across the field and then back again just to see if the D is playing zone or man. Especially with a short play clock. Also, momentum shouldn't be such a big factor on pre-snap motion.

Bring back NCAA 06-style user-controlled celebrations -- at the risk of a penalty. Also add an unsportsmanlike penalty slider.

Bring in Madden's QB ratings (short, medium, long pass accuracy, etc.). Add Madden's QB throwing motions.

Add the option to adjust WR splits (i.e., how far the WRs line up from the QB), almost like packages. Give us the option to split our WRs tight, normal and wide.

Scrap the meaningless 0-100 rating scale. Instead, set player ratings from 1 to 15 and have each point count. That's how it was back in the day and it was beautiful.
    Last edited by Unconquered; 08-19-2011 at 01:30 PM.

More trick/gadget plays, such as reverses, double reverses and double reverse passes (Jet Sweeps are not the same as reverses).

If the dev team is lacking inspiration or ideas, all they have to do is watch this YouTube playlist of trick plays.