Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: In-game Presentation & Atmosphere - NCAA Football 13 Wish List & Feedback

• Facebook
  • Display

In-game Presentation & Atmosphere - NCAA Football 13 Wish List & Feedback

In-game Presentation & Atmosphere

Use this thread for wish list & feedback items relating to In-game Presentation & Atmosphere in NCAA Football 13.

Be clear, but concise in making your wishes. Any off-topic posts will be deleted.

Would love to see the crowd at Owen Field hold up one finger and yell "OOOOOOOOO...U!" as the ball is kicked off. Also hearing the Ruf Neks fire their guns too.

OU Kickoff:

I love that team entrances and school spirit are getting more exposure. But I do think this is just the tip of the iceberg.

Not sure if this is presentation or gameplay, but is there another sports game on the market that sticks the player with a single camera angle?

We shouldn't even have to wish for this. It's been industry standard for more than a decade.

More crowd movement. Crowd sounds good but still doesn't celebrate big plays with enough movement. Adding towels to certain stadiums and/or clackers etc, that would go a long ways to giving more life.

Also visiting crowds need to react accordingly. They should use the high school crowd noise for the visiting crowd imo. Then you can tell the difference when the visiting team scores. I know it might be an interesting dilemma to have 2 separate crowds in the same game, but again, this would go a long time to really adding extra life.

Agreed. The crowd excitement is one of the most important aspects of college football and it's not well-captured at all. There should be, as you point out, some section of the crowd that is cheering for the visiting team, and my face should be rocked off whenever the home team has a big play in a big game.

I also thing they had something awesome on last-gen with the vibrating camera. I'd like to see that make a comeback.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyIncognito21 View Post
    Agreed. The crowd excitement is one of the most important aspects of college football and it's not well-captured at all. There should be, as you point out, some section of the crowd that is cheering for the visiting team, and my face should be rocked off whenever the home team has a big play in a big game.

I also thing they had something awesome on last-gen with the vibrating camera. I'd like to see that make a comeback.
    Yup... where is the immersion???

I wish there was a way to skip the end of game replays and snapshots. Especially when I play Road to Glory, it seems like I have to wait 5 minutes to see the same 10 replays show over and over. This is something that bothered me in NCAA 11 as well. Sometimes, I like to watch the replays, other times, I just want to play the next game.

I would like commentary like the 2k basketball series. I can't think of the appropriate title for it right now but that would push this game even further.

Quote Originally Posted by onikuno View Post
    Would love to see the crowd at Owen Field hold up one finger and yell "OOOOOOOOO...U!" as the ball is kicked off. Also hearing the Ruf Neks fire their guns too.

OU Kickoff:

I love that team entrances and school spirit are getting more exposure. But I do think this is just the tip of the iceberg.
    THIS! I have season tickets for OU and it would be a shame if this isn't in the game next year!

I'd like to see real video clips of the fans when a touchdown is scored, or of the mascot, i think it would be real nice!

Better crowd reactions. Better celebrations both during the game and post game. Better celebrations after bowl victories or conference championship games. Trophy presentation after rivalry games could be fun.

add chain gang on sidelines, ball boy, water boys., could also add cutscenes of offensive and defensive coordinators in press box and on sideline celebrating, and mad about situation

When ref makes penalty announcement, have him flip switch on Wireless Mic, Maybe during a challenge from the booth, have the ref make announcement the previous play is under review, if challenge is unsucessful, have the ref say outcome of challenge, and if team loses challenge, result of previous play and XX team is charged timeout. When playing against computer, have computer challenge plays, it dosen;'t like

would show warm up scenes, then the entrance then coin toss in pregame, that's how it's done in real life.

when showing cutscenes of fans, right now the seats that they show, are the primary color of the team, for example Notre Dame shows dark blue seats. you could actually show the fans sitting on bleachers, or chairbacks, benches of the right color a stadium has.
    Last edited by UCBearcat4ever; 09-12-2011 at 11:21 PM.

UTEP painted the end-zones blue!(The wrong blue, but it was blue all last year; no love for non-BCS)

Changes needed

I didn't where to put this, but here goes. I have a few gripes with atmosphere, one being that the crowd in this year's game looks pretty average. It doesn't seem to react to anything, and any college footbal game is filled with highs and lows. Second, its wonderful that the bands play the fight songs, but they are playing the fight song like they are at a country club, by that I mean the tempo is slow and saps the EMOTION out of a moment. Third, many schools have crowd themes, for example white outs, black outs, and spirit days. Others have towels and some have pom poms(auburn?). These things really would enhance the atmosphere of many games, especially night games.

For example of themed games:

Spirit day: Ive seen Boise State and Iowa do this. ex:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdH-tp7fb3Q

Blackout: I know of Iowa and Maryland doing this. ex:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1705...eature=related

Gold Rush: Iowa and Missouri have done something like this.
    ex:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1goBjJjoTpE

White Out: Penn State ex:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jv63NmDuHps

Sorry wrong thread.
    Last edited by NatureBoy; 07-21-2011 at 08:08 AM.

The more I play this game (and I do really enjoy the game most of this gen) the more I have come to beleive that the crowd noise and atmosphere are possibly the worst of this gen. Home field advantage is absolutely non-existent. Please EA, please tune/patch this and increase noise by 100%. Bring the game alive!

Have Notre Dame Players face the end zone audience and sing the Alma Mater with helmets off after home games.

show them praying at some point before the game instead of the QB jumping around with 1 hand in the air like everyone else.

Pre-game stuff, crowds, bands, etc. are nice touches but they don't matter nearly as much as commentary for me. Commentary is huge and this game needs a fresh start. Nessler does a good job but Herbie is far too low key to be the lone analyst. They need to add a third person to the booth with energy and humour like Corso was. We need new commentary. And the commentary can't just be play to play. Some of the best stuff about the good commentary teams is that they are aware of what else has happened during the game. They comment on a player's success and failures throughout the game as well as season long progress for dynasty stuff.

There is no excuse for not showing more stats. Show them at the play call screen on the side. Keep a running tab of game totals. Show stats after EVERY play by the FOX clock or on a game ticker at the bottom. Almost everyone does this now. We need to believe the commentary team is at OUR game and making good observations and not just really basic ones. MLB 2K11 has great commentary and TV style presentation. I know people rave about NBA 2K11. Adding more team entrances or mascots will do nothing to fix this area and it's a huge black mark on this series right now.

I would really like to see something done with the stat overlays. If you turned on a saturday game your screen is attacked by all sorts of information.

to start how about something to do with a "starters" line up graphic. you can have all the starters show their name, year, position and maybe have a little star next to them if they are an all american or if they are an award winner....

next there could be a graphic showing conference rankings or division rankings. then the game actually starts and your running back breaks off a big run, why not show a stat that tells you where he ranks in the conference as far as rushing. maybe he is 35 yards short of the #1 rusher from another division school. that would motivate me to run the bar a little bit more to try and beat him out. the same could be done on a national level too, as well as other positions....

Since the NCAA dev team has utterly failed to add excitement, energy and emotion to the game, it's time to put the control back in the players' hands:

Bring back NCAA 06-style user-controlled celebrations -- at the risk of an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. Any player you're controlling -- ballcarrier, defender, kicker -- should be able to celebrate after any play, whether it's a 1-yard run or a 99-yard touchdown.

Press LB to trigger a modest celebration animation, which would carry a low risk of an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. Press RB to trigger a more flamboyant animation, which would carry a high risk of an unsportsmanlike penalty.

Also bring back open-field celebrations such as high-stepping, "We're #1 finger," etc., and endzone flips we had in NCAA 08 -- again at the risk of a penalty.

Finally, add an unsportsmanlike penalty slider to affect how often the refs overlook -- or enforce -- penalties for showboating.
    Last edited by Unconquered; 07-25-2011 at 10:19 AM.