Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Uniforms - NCAA Football 13 Wish List & Feedback

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    Lime green means ***-disco-1980s, thats what lime green means. It does not translate to fierce football uniform LOL
    You're talking about the same school that gave us "lightning yellow".
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    You're talking about the same school that gave us "lightning yellow".
    thats the cute trendy name they give it, but its still a *** 80s dayglo color LOL

ESPN has a Uni Watch article for this year
    http://espn.go.com/espn/page2/story/_/id/6909853/uni-watch-delivers-every-stitch-change-college-football-uniforms

It's not 100% accurate... it still shows Arkansas State's penis-piping uniforms which we won't be using at least not the red ones.

...he said...penis piping

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    It's not 100% accurate... it still shows Arkansas State's penis-piping uniforms which we won't be using at least not the red ones.
    One thing I've learned about reading UniWatch is that sometimes he's at the mercy of the images he can find.

Quote Originally Posted by UCBearcat4ever View Post
    one of the new southern miss helmets
    Attachment 266
    Matte finish looks nice.
    BIG gold number on the side is anti-awesomeness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if they dont put the Maryland helmets and uni's they are wearing in tonights miami game, next year. I will go to EA and charlie horse someone in the shoulder LOL. Yes its over the top, but it shows more creativity than the Georgia uni's.

I wouldnt want to see it all the time in real life, but as a one shot deal, its a beautiful bravado

I hope to god those uniforms never make it into the game. They need to all be burned, and every picture, video, tape, etc with those uniforms on them need to be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    if they dont put the Maryland helmets and uni's they are wearing in tonights miami game, next year. I will go to EA and charlie horse someone in the shoulder LOL. Yes its over the top, but it shows more creativity than the Georgia uni's.

I wouldnt want to see it all the time in real life, but as a one shot deal, its a beautiful bravado
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    I hope to god those uniforms never make it into the game. They need to all be burned, and every picture, video, tape, etc with those uniforms on them need to be destroyed.
    Love the polarizing opinions haha.

It'll be very interesting to see what Maryland does in response to the overwhelming fan opinions being shared in social media. Seems mostly negative so far, but it's hard to know. I don't seem to remember the helmets being shown off at the new uniform debut, so who knows if we'll see them again this season?

As for NCAA Football 13, that'll be interesting too; Maryland has to sign off on whatever will be in the game, after all.

Chill guys! THIS RIGHT HERE, IS A MASTERPIECE! 314945_273485175995450_204323346244967_1130626_3978945_n.jpg I guess it's because I like the new uni's. Most people in the state love them! I've only heard negative reviews on people from outer-state.

Masterpiece my ass.

Quote Originally Posted by OSUCowboyofMD View Post
    I've only heard negative reviews on people from outer-state.
    I guess Northern Virginia counts as out-of-state (hard to say when a turn the wrong direction will put you in Maryland ...), but down here I'm hearing about 75/25 against.

I was surprised by the number of schools who had special 9/11 tribute helmet decals yesterday: Arkansas, Northwestern, Rice, Tulsa, Washington, Western Kentucky & Wyoming. NW also painted their midfield logo to match the helmet logo.
    Last edited by cdj; 09-24-2011 at 05:59 PM.

Some additional 2011 Pro-Combat Uniforms being unveiled:

- Army
    - LSU
    - Michigan State
    - Navy
    - Stanford (Helmet)
    Last edited by cdj; 09-13-2011 at 09:20 AM.

Army's not bad. Extremely plain jersey, but not bad. I do like the cleats. Nice move there going with the combat boot appearance.

Edit - One thing I notice. They seem to have a hard-on for stripes down the middle of the helmet. So help me god, they better not try to pull that shit with Navy's helmet. Navy has used solid gold helmets without any stripes, logos or numbers for every game except 1 since 1974. They better leave that alone.
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 09-13-2011 at 09:16 AM.

Son of a bitch. They screwed with the helmet.

http://www.navysports.com/sports/m-f...091311aab.html

Tradition, sacrifice, honor and courage paired together with innovation and technological advancement make up the lifeblood of the United States Naval Academy. Similar concepts unite when Navy straps up the Nike Pro Combat system of dress on December 10th in their attempt to beat Army for the 10th-consecutive season. The uniform features the legendary Naval phrase "Don't Tread on Me" which is visible throughout the uniform, both on the back inner collar as well as the upper sock. The time-tested Navy anchor is also prominent on both the front collar and pant leg.

Navy is known for its classic white gloves and dapper style, so the Nike Pro Combat gloves are predominantly traditional white. These interlocking gloves provide a stunning anchor visual for Navy, sure to strike fear in their Army opponents when they fittingly clash in our nation's capital on December 10.

The technologically advanced Nike Pro Combat system of dress features a baselayer exemplifying the Navy Jack featuring a snakeskin look with a new modern interpretation. This first Navy Jack harkens back to the one-year anniversary of 9/11 when all U.S. Navy ships flew the flag to honor those who were lost.

Additionally, the rattlesnake features 13 layers representative of the original 13 colonies. Navy is one of nine schools wearing the 2011 Nike Pro Combat system of dress uniforms this season and will look to honor all the men and women who are serving or have proudly served our country.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yup, Nike does love making them new unis. Some are not horrid but I just wish this experiment would come to an end.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Yup, Nike does love making them new unis. Some are not horrid but I just wish this experiment would come to an end.
    It won't as long as there is money being generated