Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Football 12 Dynasty Mode Recruiting Compendium

• Facebook
  • Display
    You should grab at least one RB and WR so they are sure to RS. You probably don't need a top flight QB since you have Boyd.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Cipher, are you giving them scholarship offers during the call? On NCAA '11, it seemed like when I had a pink gem and I gave him a scholarship, I dropped off his Top 10. But when I didn't, I stayed.

I agree with you that there's certainly something strange going on ... just trying to find a pattern to it.
    Yeah I think I am. Trying to gain as many points and go up their board as possible. Scholarships usually help. I only really wait to offer them if I'm already in their top 3 and I can get to #1 soon or if I have a bunch of WR's and I won't offer the lower ones scholly's while I do the good ones so the good ones don't get concerned/mad.

What happened to that other thread where there were two youtube videos about recruiting? I think the thread was closed but I cannot find the videos anywhere and I would like to watch them.

Anyone noticing that Allamerican recruiting is too easy but Heisman is way to hard this year?

I did three weeks with allamerican and had 6 signed already, 5 3*s and 1 5*. on heisman half of my board hard signed someone else. nothing I did moved me up.

Last year I went with heisman and it felt just right.

I didn't really know about Pink Gem recruits until this thread (thanks by the way!) but I'm having an issue with one in my dynasty.

So I'm UCLA, a 2 star prestige team, and after Week 1 of the dynasty I went thru the recruits looking for Pink Gems. To my surprise, I'd only had 3 star players interested in me, the number 5 overall player and 5 star recruit was a Pink Gem for me. I added him to my list and I was then number 6 on his list. I recruited him for a full hour to the tune of around 400 points. The following week I was not in his top 10, and no one looked to jump out to him based on his recruiting top 10 list. He didn't take any visits or commit to any school or anything. Is this normal? Should I continue to go after him? Etc.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by pantherone26 View Post
    I didn't really know about Pink Gem recruits until this thread (thanks by the way!) but I'm having an issue with one in my dynasty.

So I'm UCLA, a 2 star prestige team, and after Week 1 of the dynasty I went thru the recruits looking for Pink Gems. To my surprise, I'd only had 3 star players interested in me, the number 5 overall player and 5 star recruit was a Pink Gem for me. I added him to my list and I was then number 6 on his list. I recruited him for a full hour to the tune of around 400 points. The following week I was not in his top 10, and no one looked to jump out to him based on his recruiting top 10 list. He didn't take any visits or commit to any school or anything. Is this normal? Should I continue to go after him? Etc.

Yep. Exactly what I'm talking about. This has happened to me at least 5 different times now, only twice has a pink gem actually stayed and had me on their top 10 after the first week. So annoying. They need to fix this bug.

Ohh and don't waste your time going after him any longer if you get this glitch, I did that once and never made it back on his top 10. Wasted minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Cipher 8 View Post
    What happened to that other thread where there were two youtube videos about recruiting? I think the thread was closed but I cannot find the videos anywhere and I would like to watch them.
    So can anybody point me in the right direction to these videos?

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Cipher, are you giving them scholarship offers during the call? On NCAA '11, it seemed like when I had a pink gem and I gave him a scholarship, I dropped off his Top 10. But when I didn't, I stayed.

I agree with you that there's certainly something strange going on ... just trying to find a pattern to it.
    I offered my game a scholarship and the following week he was gone. I hope you are right about not offering a scholarship, maybe I'll try that next time.

Freshman
    When a player is ready for a visit make sure its the first thing you ask them that week because they will mention it if you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucknut216 View Post
    When a player is ready for a visit make sure its the first thing you ask them that week because they will mention it if you don't.
    Based on experience with NCAA 11, even if you schedule a visit with them first thing on a Week 1 call, they still might say that they've been "waiting". As far as I know, nobody's been able to put a finger on the cause, but I don't believe it has any tangible impact.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Sorry but the real life football coach has come out of me.... what the hell does compendium mean? Lets use smaller words here fellas... lol... but nice work Mors

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    com·pen·di·um/kəmˈpendēəm/Noun

1. A collection of concise but detailed information about a particular subject.
    2. A collection of things, esp. one systematically gathered.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    com·pen·di·um/kəmˈpendēəm/Noun

1. A collection of concise but detailed information about a particular subject.
    2. A collection of things, esp. one systematically gathered.

Thanks. I'll stick with a 'bunch of sh!t' until after football season

So I guess the moral of the story here is: don't waste your time on "pink gems"?

Is there an inherent benefit to adding players to your board in the preseason (as opposed to not and hoping for the broken pink gem)?
    Last edited by majesty95; 08-11-2011 at 12:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by majesty95 View Post
    So I guess the moral of the story here is: don't waste your time on "pink gems"?

I there an inherent benefit to adding players to your board in the preseason (as opposed to not and hoping for the broken pink gem)?
    Not sure what the issue is with the Pink Gem stuff. I've had no issues at all with Pink Gem players. In fact, in my current offline dynasty, I'm about to score a Pink Gem player with a team.

As for the benefit to adding players in preseason, there's definitely a benefit because you have a chance of the "3x" and "Lock" icons to happen during week 1.

As for the broken pink gem thing, what exactly are you talking about with that?

Not sure what the issue is with the Pink Gem stuff.

See below:

Quote Originally Posted by Cipher 8 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by pantherone26 View Post

Yep. Exactly what I'm talking about. This has happened to me at least 5 different times now, only twice has a pink gem actually stayed and had me on their top 10 after the first week. So annoying. They need to fix this bug.

Ohh and don't waste your time going after him any longer if you get this glitch, I did that once and never made it back on his top 10. Wasted minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by majesty95 View Post

Is there an inherent benefit to adding players to your board in the preseason (as opposed to not and hoping for the broken pink gem)?
    Not sure what the issue is with the Pink Gem stuff. I've had no issues at all with Pink Gem players. In fact, in my current offline dynasty, I'm about to score a Pink Gem player with a team.

As for the benefit to adding players in preseason, there's definitely a benefit because you have a chance of the "3x" and "Lock" icons to happen during week 1.

I've never had an issue with a Pink Gem either. In fact, in my FIU dynasty, I'm battling Auburn to score a DE that I picked up in week 2. Now in week 5, I'm in 2nd place and 300 points behind Auburn, slowly closing the gap each week with massive points gains in recruiting.

is there any advantage of recruiting a tall receiver with a really good jumping rating, but bad catching/spectacular catch/catch in traffic ratings, vs a tiny receiver who is slightly slower but a little better possession type receiver?

whats the advantage of going after a 6'4", 6'5", and 6'6" type receiver, if it means sacrificing a letter grade in some other ratings?

Anyone know how to actually get a guy to change his mind on a pitch.I can never be successfulw hen I sway pitches, lil help please