Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dynasty - What You Need to Know (by JeffHCross)

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    But for just this situation, with one conference of 12 teams, having half the conference with coaches with an A+ rating, I sort of fear to see what that overall number for A+ ratings will jump to when all of the 108 other teams are counted.
    An understandable concern. But you also must consider that two of those coaches are coming up from the coordinator ranks, so their A+ is a misnomer, really.

I do agree that it is swinging more wildly then I would have expected. But, consider the alternative. If the prestige rankings rose "realistically", how long would you have to play in order to get a "good" job in an OD? Tough to balance, imo.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

You can justify it in your head by thinking that all those A+ coaches are in their "honeymoon phase" at the school where everybody is excited about their new coach and the future of the program. After they lose some games, it'll end and reality (B's, C's, D's) will come into play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    You can justify it in your head by thinking that all those A+ coaches are in their "honeymoon phase" at the school where everybody is excited about their new coach and the future of the program. After they lose some games, it'll end and reality (B's, C's, D's) will come into play.
    That's my thought process as well. At first as I was worried about all the A+ coaches appearing, but, in the end, it's gonna balance out.

Definitely interesting to see the Michigan coach get fired so soon. Curious if it was just because he failed to be OSU two seasons in a row or what. Very interesting.

Well, it's unfortunate that I can't see other contracts during the offseason. Because that would offer a lot of insight. I don't have that save still, but as far as I can remember he only had a few failed goals (though one of them was pretty important, like "finish 5th or higher in the conference one season), and he had more than a handful of In-Progress goals. It's possible that he failed every one of those In-Progress goals and that was enough to can him.

The strange thing is seeing his Rating at A+, even after he was canned. That's the part of it that I can't quite place. Maybe that just doesn't get updated at that stage.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Here's the Head Coach changes.

There were a lot of OC and DC moves. And 8-10 head coaches had their existing contracts extended.
    JeffH, what would be interesting is to see what happens to all of these coaches listed? Did they all get hired and if so what position/school? Also, if say the RICE HC didn't land a job does he dissapear from existence or could he could back a year or more down the road. Are you able to see/track this type of info???

Well, it's unfortunate that I can't see other contracts during the offseason. Because that would offer a lot of insight. I don't have that save still, but as far as I can remember he only had a few failed goals (though one of them was pretty important, like "finish 5th or higher in the conference one season), and he had more than a handful of In-Progress goals. It's possible that he failed every one of those In-Progress goals and that was enough to can him.

The strange thing is seeing his Rating at A+, even after he was canned. That's the part of it that I can't quite place. Maybe that just doesn't get updated at that stage.
    But can you see all coaches/contracts during the regular season?

That's my thought process as well. I think it doesn't update until the beginning of the 2nd season or sometime during the simulation between the end of season and beginning of season (when the game chooses new goals and such for you to complete).

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    JeffH, what would be interesting is to see what happens to all of these coaches listed? Did they all get hired and if so what position/school? Also, if say the RICE HC didn't land a job does he dissapear from existence or could he could back a year or more down the road. Are you able to see/track this type of info???
    You're able to see it all, though I think (generally) it'll be up to you to track it. That I can immediately see, there's nowhere in the dynasty which tracks that level of information. During the Carousel itself, the game tells you where an outgoing coach went, and where the incoming coach came from. Outside of Carousel, I'm not aware of it being tracked.

In general, the fired HCs were hired as OCs or DCs at other schools. As far as I recall, there were no HCs that ended up as HCs elsewhere, in either season. There were a few coaches that appeared to not get hired elsewhere (though I've been told this will not happen to user coaches, just the occasional CPU coach).
    Last edited by JeffHCross; 07-09-2011 at 11:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    But can you see all coaches/contracts during the regular season?
    Yep. You have to view their contract individually, which is a tedious process, but all the information is there. That's how I know how many goals are met, failed, and in-progress at the beginning of each season.
    Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    That's my thought process as well. I think it doesn't update until the beginning of the 2nd season or sometime during the simulation between the end of season and beginning of season (when the game chooses new goals and such for you to complete).
    Agreed. Though, one point on your comment ... the game doesn't choose new goals every offseason. Only when your contract is extended or you receive a new one. Otherwise your goals are for the life of your contract. Which means you will get into situations where you only have one goal to meet. Though, if you're doing well at meeting goals that shouldn't be a problem as you should have a handful of "each season" goals to meet.

Ah, that's what I meant. Forgot that new goals aren't added except for with new contracts.

Sucks that there isn't a larger overview of the contract breakdown. Maybe a nice tweak or addition for '13 there as they continue to really flesh out the Coach Carousel feature.

Very interesting stuff, Jeff. Thanks for posting....brings back GREAT memories of the wonderful world of CH2K8

I'll consider it, but it's been that way for a while, so I respectfully disagree on this one. You just didn't see contract goals on Online Dynasties, so most people didn't notice it.

If you think about it, it does make some level of sense to force us to schedule all rivals if we want to meet 100%. Otherwise you could "only" schedule your easiest rival and get an easy goal completed.

I think the problem there though is how the game determines who your rivals are. What if your rival is in the other division of the same conference and thus you don't play them? You just automatically fail that goal?

Quote Originally Posted by GuyIncognito21 View Post
    I think the problem there though is how the game determines who your rivals are. What if your rival is in the other division of the same conference and thus you don't play them? You just automatically fail that goal?
    Off the top of my head, I'm not aware of too many situations, if any, where a team's default rivals includes someone that's in their conference but they don't play every year. For example, the SEC rivals I'm familiar with were either in-division or one of the protected rivalry games.

One other important thing to note is that the contract goal, at least in my case, was to beat 100% of my rivals in one season. Over the course of my contract, I only needed to do it once. I just didn't pay attention and actually schedule all my rivals.

Off the top of my head, I'm not aware of too many situations, if any, where a team's default rivals includes someone that's in their conference but they don't play every year. For example, the SEC rivals I'm familiar with were either in-division or one of the protected rivalry games.

One other important thing to note is that the contract goal, at least in my case, was to beat 100% of my rivals in one season. Over the course of my contract, I only needed to do it once. I just didn't pay attention and actually schedule all my rivals.

Here's the Head Coach changes.

WHAT!?!

Boston College - Miami jumps immediately to mind, as does Nebraska-Oklahoma (though I guess that's no longer an issue).

Ahh, I guess that mitigates the problem.

Boston College - Miami jumps immediately to mind, as does Nebraska-Oklahoma (though I guess that's no longer an issue).

Ahh, I guess that mitigates the problem.

bonus points for using incognito in your name haha

When you're given a Contract Offer in the Carousel, you'll have several options.
    • View Contract - View the contract offer, and then decide if you want to sign it
    • Decline Contract - Declines just this individual offer, without viewing the contract
    • Stay with current contract - Declines this offer, and any subsequent offers, while you still can go through the Carousel to see who else is hired.
    • Cancel - Just returns you to the previous screen
    Jeff, can you clarify something for me? When Ben H. was talking about this in one of the videos he stated that you could "look at a team's offer and then look at their roster..."

I don't see that listed in what you have detailed. So for me... which I know is the exception, I play 5-Wide and need at least 9 WR's... preferably 10-12 since I sub out at 80% to keep the guys on the field "fresh." My question though is this... do we have the ability to look at a proposing teams roster? Because I cannot accept a job if a team only has 7 WR's on it. And nobody should be expected to accept an offer blindly... ie; having no idea who is on the team's roster.

Just wanting clarification on this and if it's been talked about before, then I missed it, other than the video w/ Ben.

I'll consider it, but it's been that way for a while, so I respectfully disagree on this one. You just didn't see contract goals on Online Dynasties, so most people didn't notice it.

If you think about it, it does make some level of sense to force us to schedule all rivals if we want to meet 100%. Otherwise you could "only" schedule your easiest rival and get an easy goal completed.
    The problem with changing the schedules is it fucks up all the other teams schedules. I'm not thinking with a cheaters mindset here of I just want to schedule the easiest rival and complete the goal but if the rivals are not scheduled by default then the goal should recognize that. Why can't the game default schedule all your rivals if it knows one of the goals is beat them all.

Also what do you mean it's been that way in previous years and you don't see your goals on Online Dynasties?

So you could beat some one season and then the rest another season? or you had to beat all of them in one season but you had three seasons to do it.
    But there are some schools who have rivals not normally scheduled like Maryland with West Virginia for example. Now I know that might not be a goal for them but if it was it would be stupid to force you to have to schedule some team and fuck up all the NPC teams strengths of schedules just so you can finish one goal.