Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dynasty - What You Need to Know (by JeffHCross)

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Death View Post
    Jeff, can you clarify something for me? When Ben H. was talking about this in one of the videos he stated that you could "look at a team's offer and then look at their roster..." I don't see that listed in what you have detailed.
    When you choose to view the offer, one of the options that's also present is to view the roster. I didn't detail it because I didn't actually ever choose to view the offer, so it slipped my mind

Quote Originally Posted by Cipher 8 View Post
    The problem with changing the schedules is it fucks up all the other teams schedules.
    By that argument we should never be able to change our own schedule. Ever. Honestly, I'm not even going to entertain that.

I'm not thinking with a cheaters mindset here
    I know you're not. But the designers have to. And it would be incredibly easy to pass a "beat 100% of your rivals that are on your schedule" goal by only scheduling one rival who you know you outclass.

Why can't the game default schedule all your rivals if it knows one of the goals is beat them all.
    Okay, you've now switched 180º. I would agree that the game should schedule rivals by default ... hell, I've always thought that. But doesn't that run counter to "it fucks up all the other teams schedules"?
    Also what do you mean it's been that way in previous years and you don't see your goals on Online Dynasties?
    Offline dynasties have had coach contracts and goals for entirety of this generation. Those contracts didn't affect Online Dynasty at all, so people probably didn't look at them often. But I've had many years where I've had "Beat X" as a contract goal, where X is my rival, where X wasn't on my schedule by default. That's primarily with out-of-conference rivals, of course. Such as "Beat Michigan" with Notre Dame.

So you could beat some one season and then the rest another season? or you had to beat all of them in one season but you had three seasons to do it.
    The second part.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    When you choose to view the offer, one of the options that's also present is to view the roster. I didn't detail it because I didn't actually ever choose to view the offer, so it slipped my mind
    Thanks for the clarification Jeff!

I just discovered that when you advance to the Player Transfers Week in the offseason, you get a nice little table that breaks down the Coaching Changes. Lets you sort by conference, job type, etc. Also shows what happened to the previous coach (in terms of being fired, signing an extension, etc). Much nicer then going through the list of changes one by one, which is what I was doing.

I just discovered that when you advance to the Player Transfers Week in the offseason, you get a nice little table that breaks down the Coaching Changes. Lets you sort by conference, job type, etc. Also shows what happened to the previous coach (in terms of being fired, signing an extension, etc). Much nicer then going through the list of changes one by one, which is what I was doing.
    Seeing any quirks yet like UTEP DC becomes head coach at Alabama??? Also have you seen any drastic offensive/defensive changes (eg pro style to option attack)???

Nothing outlandish yet. I was surprised to see Michigan's coach fired, but most of the hirings have made at least some level of sense.

Nothing outlandish yet. I was surprised to see Michigan's coach fired, but most of the hirings have made at least some level of sense.
    Anything wierd in terms of scheme change for coach hirings? AKA an option OC going to a spread team in which the HC had not left?

Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
    Anything wierd in terms of scheme change for coach hirings? AKA an option OC going to a spread team in which the HC had not left?
    I saw a vid from TSO where the Cal OC went to Navy and the Navy OC or HC(can't remember) went to Wake Forest

Jeff, If you are the DC or OC and the head coach leaves for another school are you able to follow him to that school?

I know you're not. But the designers have to. And it would be incredibly easy to pass a "beat 100% of your rivals that are on your schedule" goal by only scheduling one rival who you know you outclass.
    I don't really buy that. If people want to glitch their own games, that seems like their business. Why let players play dynasties on Varsity and stuff if the designers are so worried about the players stacking the deck?

Further, there are so many ways to glitch the game ON the field, it seems crazy to suggest they're so committed to ensuring a fair game off of it. I can run 4 verticals all game long and throw for 700 yards, but at least I can't only schedule one rival and satisfy that coaching goal?

I think it's much more likely that they stuck that 100% rivals goal in there on the faulty (or simply careless) assumption that the majority of teams play their rivals every season, and just decided not to worry themselves with the handful of teams that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
    I honestly haven't been looking, Jayrah. There is a ton of OC/DC movement to follow, so I've just been focusing on the head coaches.
    Quote Originally Posted by FoleyLions View Post
    Jeff, If you are the DC or OC and the head coach leaves for another school are you able to follow him to that school?
    Not that I'm aware of, but I'm not playing as a coordinator so that situation hasn't come up.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyIncognito21 View Post
    I don't really buy that. Why let players play dynasties on Varsity and stuff if the designers are so worried about the players stacking the deck?
    :: shrug :: Was just a theory.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyIncognito21 View Post
    I think it's much more likely that they stuck that 100% rivals goal in there on the faulty (or simply careless) assumption that the majority of teams play their rivals every season, and just decided not to worry themselves with the handful of teams that don't.
    I agree that it may have been innocently overlooked (I don't agree with "careless"), but you may be right. Then again, the game may be purposefully incentivizing you to play your rivals. And I think it's a fair assumption that most dynasty players do try to schedule their rivals normally. If nothing else, it can provide a recruiting benefit.

It's also worth noting that this was a contractual goal for a top-tier program (TCU). I haven't seen "Beat 100% of your rivals" goals at lower level schools that may be less likely to play their rivals on an annual basis.