Thread: Your Most Wild Finish Ever...

• Facebook
  • Display

Your Most Wild Finish Ever...

I wanted to post about a game I had which involved the craziest finish I've encountered in NCAA 12... in fact, the most wild come-back since I was playing NCAA 08, but then I realized, most of you could give fuck-all as to what I do in my games, so I thought I would make this a community thread for everyone to post your wildest come-from-behind wins in.

Mine was this... I am OC at and playing in the new Super Conference, the PAC-16. is in the South division, my team, the North. We meet in the Conference Championship Game and for the first time I felt like I was playing a quality opponent... someone who actually studied me and had a game-plan for how to beat me. My defense is stout against the run, and threw on first down a lot and ran on second and short.

They chewed clock... it was a masterful game-plan. W/ 2:03 to play, I got the ball at my 19, down 14-21. I drove down the field and got to the 16 yard line w/ :27 to play. I called a play and the wide receiver who was my third read on that play broke open across the middle, I saw him and fired. He caught the ball at the 6 and broke for the end zone, fighting off a tackler near the goal line and scored; 21-21 w/ :21 to go.

We kickoff and they get it to their 33 yard line. Knowing the CPU's propensity to go deep, I was concerned. Their QB drops back, throws to a WR doing a hook route near midfield and my FS picks it off and returns it to the 40. There are now :07 seconds on the clock.

I call a pass, hit my WR who gains 10 yards, stopping the clock for the chains to be moved and I call timeout w/ :02 left. My Sophomore kicker comes in and drills a 47 yard FG to win it, 24-21.

That's 10 points in the final :21 seconds! It was bedlam, the Kibbie Down was going crazy. The crowd rushed the field, tore down the goal posts and everyone was celebrating like mad!!!

Okay... thanks to the NCAA, the crowd part didn't happen, but what an amazing finish. 10 points in the final :21. I had to take a breather afterwards because I was actually nervous, excited, ecstatic and elated all at once.

So... what are you wildest finishes???

I've had a bunch of epic come backs over my NCAA/Madden career, but I had one on Madden last year that I'll never be able to do again and of course, I wasn't recording at the time. It was an online game and I was down by 21 with 2 minutes left in the game and the guy had just scored a touchdown. He kicks off and I break out 104 yards for a TD with Sproles. I onside kick but I don't get it. He runs the ball while I use all my timeouts and he kicks a 51 yard FG and it comes up short. I drive down the field and score another TD with 35 seconds left. I onside kick again and get the only onside kick I've ever recovered in Madden. I drive down the field and hit a strike to the 3 yard line on a seam route with no time left. My receiver struggles, triggers the drag animation, and falls into the endzone. I go for two and end up getting it as he brought an 8 man blitz and I had hot routed all my receivers to hitches, so it was easy pickings.

I slap myself every day for not recording it. That guy had to have been SO pissed.

Just had it like 2 games ago.

My TB team vs. Montana in my CFB shakeup dynasty (moved a ton of teams via geography/added recently successful/worthy FCS schools and demoted worthy FBS schools).

Pretty even game, I jumped out to a lead, their running back beasted on my weak defense (I'm an all D rated team). Anyway, 4th quarter comes around, they go up 7 with :30 left after a BS run (couldn't help but feel cheated, but oh well). So I get the ball and have 80 yards to go.

First play I decide to do a smash play and I hit the receiver cutting across the middle. Wide open. Not sure what Montana was doing but I slipped it past them and got a huge gain. Time is running out though. Next 2 plays I try to cut the field in half again but to no avail. There is now 4 seconds left.

This is it, I gotta do a hail mary, a play I can't ever remember working. I step back, pressure is tough but I escape the pocket. My blocks hold, I step forward and put all of my strength into the throw. A high arcing throw to the middle of the endzone.

Everyone jumps up.......

TOUCHDOWN DCU, BRIAN COLLIER COMES DOWN WITH IT.

The craziest part was he bobbled it. But he somehow managed to avoid the swats and the tackle after to hang on. I tied it on the XP.

In the first OT I won the toss and did defense obviously, they scored a TD and I answered with a jet sweep from the 12 in which my receiver somehow found a lane and scored. In 2OT I scored on my first play from scrimmage with a perfect pass to my TE right over the head of the defender.

So it came down to this, 4 downs, 25 yards to go, they had a shot at a first down each time but in the end they needed a touchdown. 4 straight incompletions and DCU wins it.

Epic game. I was literally hopping out of my chair, especially when I completed that hail mary.

I loved reading both of those stories. Going for 2 w/ no time left and a Hail Mary... EPIC!!!

Set a good ESPN Instant Classic score a few days ago in a game as hosting .

In the first half I had a pretty easy time driving up and down the field against the Longhorns; I believe the score at halftime was 20-7 or something. Unfortunately the Texas defense tightened up quite a bit and I was unable to get much going in the third quarter, while their offense started chipping away at the lead.

With less than two minutes to go in the fourth quarter, they finally broke through and took a 27-20 lead on me. I was pretty shell-shocked, but I found Blackmon breaking down the sideline on a Hail Mary toss and he got dragged down at the 4 yard line with 0:08 remaining. My first attempt for the end zone--needing a touchdown--was deflected by a well-positioned defender. My second try was a great completion on a slant route to score a touchdown with 0:04 on the clock. Instead of taking a risk and going for two points and the win, I just kicked the extra point and went to OT.

They won the toss for OT and chose to defend; I scored a touchdown on that possession plus the extra point, and then I was able to put together a defensive stand to seal the 34-27 victory.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Death View Post
    I loved reading both of those stories. Going for 2 w/ no time left and a Hail Mary... EPIC!!!
    I forgot about this one I recorded earlier this year. Fast forward to 7:05.

love this thread...

That TTU/Wisky game was nuts. I couldn't do that... can't pass! lol

My epic comeback game was in my season 1 of this year's game as UM against SDSU of all teams. For whatever reason I could not get my running game going and I could not stop SDSU passing game. I found myself DOWN by 17 in the 4th quarter and when they stopped me in the redzone making it 4th and 8 I decided to kick the field goal which I thought was probably stupid. Well I held them on their next possession and scored to narrow the gap to 7 only to have them throw a pick on 3rd and long. We were tied up with 1:01 left in the game and they drove it down my throat yet again into FG range. Instead of sitting on the ball they decided to THROW a pass on 3rd and 7 and my boy Floyd picked the pass off and ran it back to around the 50. I was able to get one final score and win the game. I have never been so sure that I would lose a game and comeback and win. It was an amazing feeling. When my team got that pick in their redzone I was sure the HEISMAN CHEAT WAS ON, except it was ON for ME!!!

The main thing I love about this game this year versus all other years is DEFENSE. In past years defense meant blitzing like mad and going for a sack on virtually every play. This year its all about strategy to accomplish one thing, get the CPU into as many 3rd and longs as freaking possible. 3rd down is the only down that matters and instead of playing for the turnover or sack on every play, I play for the 3rd and long... I love that!