Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MattUM2 Roster Project Series #2: Re-Rating PS3 Rosters

• Facebook
  • Display

MattUM2 Roster Project Series #2: Re-Rating PS3 Rosters

Now that it has been confirmed I will taking on the task of re-editing named roster one they are released to give the game a better feel with players attributes. No longer will players be given high ratings just to make the overall good.

After studying player attributes and how the are used on the field over the last 2 years and not actually playing the game, as well as a history lesson from PLAYMAKERS from OS. I have come to a solid rating system that allows the flow of the game to be great. With these rosters and my HS CAP rosters to come out, I believe it will give everyone the chance to have the old PS2 days back when dynasty was a fun experience.

So far I have already implemented player ratings in for the PAC 12 and Big 10. I am working on the SEC as we speak.

I am typing all the information in excel format. So if anyone is interested in joining the efforts to get these out by opening day I will gladly forward you the files. I work 10AM-6PM so that would be prime hours I would need help at.

I see others on the board are also working on ways to do this and if we can all work together for a solid base system for the community then it could be a special year for NCAA 12

Playmakers and I have had many discussions on rosters, dating back to his days on MaddenPlanet. Great guy, and great work. I believe you and I have had several discussions as well, between your project and my own project to create players from stats.

I definitely look forward to seeing what you come up with this year.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Playmakers and I have had many discussions on rosters, dating back to his days on MaddenPlanet. Great guy, and great work. I believe you and I have had several discussions as well, between your project and my own project to create players from stats.

I just went over SPEED/AGILITY/ACCELERATION ratings for all Senior RB/WR I like what I'm seeing so far. I'm going to have to try and see and I can get different 40 time scouting reports on the players to make sure im 100% right.

I got time to get 100% because I don't plan on releasing these until around opening day since it will take a while to get started.

Here are the Top 5 OVR I have for RB but for only Speed ratings ratings

1. Cyrus Gray....88/89/90
    2. Isiah Pead....91/87/98
    3. Doug Martin....87/87/96
    4. Montel Harris....86/77/89
    5. Brandon Bolden....84/84/88

The Fastest Senior RB

Jeff Demps....98/97/98

The Slowest Senior RB

Ryan Houston....74/72/79

I just went over SPEED/AGILITY/ACCELERATION ratings for all Senior RB/WR I like what I'm seeing so far. I'm going to have to try and see and I can get different 40 time scouting reports on the players to make sure im 100% right.

I got time to get 100% because I don't plan on releasing these until around opening day since it will take a while to get started.

Here are the Top 5 OVR I have for RB but for only Speed ratings ratings

1. Cyrus Gray....88/89/90
    2. Isiah Pead....91/87/98
    3. Doug Martin....87/87/96
    4. Montel Harris....86/77/89
    5. Brandon Bolden....84/84/88

The Fastest Senior RB

Jeff Demps....98/97/98

The Slowest Senior RB

Ryan Houston....74/72/79

MattUM2... just for curiosity sake, is this something you hope to have available relatively soon after release or something a bit later down the road? The reason I ask is, once completed, would you be interested in letting us post your roster information our Roster page? We use that page as a way to spread publicity about free rosters for the community. Let me know any thoughts and we can get something setup.

Even if you plan to release them down the road, we could also certainly add them to the Roster page... just trying to prepare for when rosters sets might become available.

Some Quarterback Ratings

Top Senior QB

OVR/AWARENESS/SPEED/AGILITY/ACCELERATION/THROW POWER/THROW ACCURACY

1. Kellan Moore....93/93/61/70/65/80/92

2. Brandon Weeden....91/90/68/80/75/94/87

3. Ryan Tannehill....87/84/80/83/85/86/82

4. Case Keenum....88/88/70/84/86/82/90

5. Russell Wilson....88/85/81/80/84/85/77

Top Junior QB

OVR/AWARENESS/SPEED/AGILITY/ACCELERATION/THROW POWER/THROW ACCURACY

1. Andrew Luck....99/95/75/78/83/94/90

2. Landry Jones....91/87/73/82/80/90/87

3. Matt Barkley....89/87/73/84/76/92/82

4. Geno Smith....83/81/76/82/85/86/84

5. Robert Griffin....83/78/84/91/93/84/84
    Last edited by MattUM2; 07-09-2011 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    MattUM2... just for curiosity sake, is this something you hope to have available relatively soon after release or something a bit later down the road? The reason I ask is, once completed, would you be interested in letting us post your roster information our Roster page? We use that page as a way to spread publicity about free rosters for the community. Let me know any thoughts and we can get something setup.

Even if you plan to release them down the road, we could also certainly add them to the Roster page... just trying to prepare for when rosters sets might become available.
    This is something that will take awhile I would think. I want to get them done by Mid-August but giving the hard deadline for Opening Day of the season, so I can have every player complete and updated depth chart. If I am able to get help from people to input the ratings while I am not free that will speed up the process.

And of course you can place it on the Home Page.

Matt, do you edit the "skill" ratings that don't have an obvious, tangible measure? I'm thinking things like Break Tackle or Trucking for HBs, or MCV/ZCV for defensive players. Just curious how you approach stuff like that.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Matt, do you edit the "skill" ratings that don't have an obvious, tangible measure? I'm thinking things like Break Tackle or Trucking for HBs, or MCV/ZCV for defensive players. Just curious how you approach stuff like that.
    I'm just editing ratings that have an affect on how the play on the field. For RB I will edit the break tackle but nothing to drastic since that does have a effect on the OVR. Trucking has taken the place Break Tackle on field so that will be edited.

I have re-rated New Mexico and Colorado State. Ratings, Equipment and face changes on the teams. Watch the game play while i ate some food.

Things are looking great. You are able to see good players from bad.

Lamaar Thomas from New Mexico who is a track star and Ohio State transfer rated at 75, ran past the Rams defense.

70% of all QB have be re-rated, equipment edits, body edits, face edits

All ACC RB have had above information complete

Top 25 Team's WR core's will be finished in the next 2 days.

Do u know when the release will be for the rosters?

Quote Originally Posted by flex63 View Post
    Do u know when the release will be for the rosters?
    Shooting for Mid-August with Opening Day being the Hard Deadline with updated Depth Chart.

Cool, Thanks for all the hard work!! We appreciate it

Freshman
    I think if your done with the big ten that Boom Herron from Ohio State should have made the top 5 senior running backs.

Kirk Cousins has been projected as a potential top 15 pick or at least a first rounder by more than one pundit. I think he would rank near the top of SR QB's

Quote Originally Posted by mitander View Post
    Kirk Cousins has been projected as a potential top 15 pick or at least a first rounder by more than one pundit. I think he would rank near the top of SR QB's
    i personally think he is like the fifth best, some Qbs are able to put up way better numbers then him but he is good. theres a big difference between college good and nfl good.

Rosters are put on hold, with bugs being found that break the game if players are edited.

im new here . when its all said and done even your roster will have player gear and equipment edit? if so thats awesome! i have a question ? do you think that the helmets and facemasks are wrong. because in my opinion they are 100% wrong. anyhow you guys do superb work. how does one donate, thanks rick.

Quote Originally Posted by ussr8219 View Post
    im new here . when its all said and done even your roster will have player gear and equipment edit? if so thats awesome! i have a question ? do you think that the helmets and facemasks are wrong. because in my opinion they are 100% wrong. anyhow you guys do superb work. how does one donate, thanks rick.
    yes they will, if ea ever releases a patch