Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: steelerfan's Slider Work and Stats Thread (NCAA 12)

• Facebook
  • Display
    In last year's 360 dynasty we did 8-minute quarters...and it really didn't bother me that much. It wasn't THAT vast of a contrast from playing 7-minute quarters on the PS3 OD. I have never gone beyond 8-minute quarters in a dynasty before.

Yeah, Roy, JB, the 9 minute quarters will have to be monitored because of user games. I don't have a clear answer for sliders in user games, unless I get one it'll be test on the fly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Unrealistic of jacket Harris rushing for that many yards. Note to self bump down his speed

game speed didnt change back i dont think... never seemed like it in HP Legends or others i played in and we used slow...

at least it FELT like i didnt

"E"

Ok, just ran a test with my FG kicking sliders. Here's what I did:

I went to practice, and chose moderate wind (7 mph).

I chose Nebraska as their kicker (84 KPW, 80 KAC) is almost dead on for the default rosters' median ratings in those catagories. The median KPW is 83, KAC is 80 (didn't actually count, just eye-balled it).

The test involved a series of 15 47-yard field goal attempts (5 from each hash and 5 from straight away). Both the CPU and I made 7 of 15.

With all of the factors - an average kicker, some wind, 10 kicks from the hash - I think the 7 of 15 number is about what I'm looking for.

I'll try to find complete NCAA FG percentages (total, all teams, not individuals) for last season, but this will do for now.

If anyone knows where to find NCAA-wide kicking numbers, preferably broken down by distance, I can certainly tweak this even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Boucher View Post
    Unrealistic of jacket Harris rushing for that many yards. Note to self bump down his speed
    He had a 65-yd TD, otherwise he was pedestrian. If I played them 10 times, that may well be his only solid rushing performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    stats be damned
    I understand your situation, Rudy, but I can't share this sentiment.

OCD, OCD, OCD.....

I've looked for this before, and the best I can get is FG statistics by distance, by team.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...fieldGoalsMade

Steeler, I am still concerned about hum passing. It looks like you're below 50% completions on avg. In some games that's fine but a few of the teams used should be lights out with the short/medium passing game. 55-65% should be the norm IMO.

We'll see how it goes, jaymo. I was in that range in the first game. The second game was Ohio, lol. The last game was a mess. QB #10 got hurt and the backup went 3-10. I'm getting used to the game, too. Not to mention the whole thing is still a WIP for me.

This one was for jaymo.

Fresno State 10 at Arizona State (me) 28

Stat: FS / ASU

First Downs: 12 / 15
    Total Offense: 186 / 439
    Rush-yds-TD: 28-26-0 / 30-154-1
    Comp-Att-TD: 15-29-1 / 18-27-3
    Passing Yards: 160 / 285
    3rd Downs: 4-14 (28%) / 6-11 (54%)
    4th Downs: 1-1 / 0-0
    RZ-TD-FG: 2-1-1 / 1-0-0
    Turnovers: 1 / 3
    Intercepted: 1 / 3
    PR Yards: 9 / 77
    KR Yards: 84 / 61
    Total Yards: 279 / 577
    Punts-Avg: 8-47.4 / 4-43.0
    Penalties-yds: 2-25 / 3-30
    TOP: 14:52 / 21:08
    Sacks (def): 2 / 7

Notes: FS's only TD came against the #2 defense on a 6-yard fade with :25 left to play. I think it was the first time I've ever seen the fade executed properly at the goal line in a video game, and it looked fantastic...The FS HBs combined for 67 yards on 18 carries, the reason their team rushing numbers look so bad is because of the sacks they took. I'm not sure I can ever reduce that number to my liking without a tweak from EA. CPU QBs hold the ball too long, most of my sacks are coverage sacks.

Jesus ... you typed all that on your phone?

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Jesus ... you typed all that on your phone?
    This is the first post I've done in this thread that wasn't on my phone. It was on my PS3.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    This is the first post I've done in this thread that wasn't on my phone. It was on my PS3.
    I know I just realized that

I made a few small changes to my sliders for the first time in 8 or 10 games.

I was seeing too much of the "bowling pin" effect with my defense. I messed around and it looks like lowering defensive sliders, not raising offensive blocking sliders, will reduce this effect to the desired levels.

Therefore, I put CPU run and Pass Blocking back at 50 and lowered User Run Defense and Pass Rush accordingly. Figuring this out may help me get the user sack totals under control without having the d-line pancaked at the snap.

It's a matter of finding the right levels now.

I have been using your sliders for a while now. I used them last year and it saved the game for me. I am pretty sure I used them the year before that too and again they saved. The game for me too. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. Thanks.

Steeler this will be my first year ever using sliders. I like the fact that it's on All-American I'm just a little concerned about 8 mins as I am a coach in real life and I'm busy during FB season? Have you ever done them on 7 min qts?

Also, when will the human vs. CPU levels be out? Or am I confusing what sliders really are? Maybe it's only qt mins and game speed?

Quote Originally Posted by griffin2608 View Post
    I have been using your sliders for a while now. I used them last year and it saved the game for me. I am pretty sure I used them the year before that too and again they saved. The game for me too. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. Thanks.
    Thank you, griffin.

Right now, I'm just trying to get the game to feel right, produce excellent stats, and have thre CPU remain competitive. It's a delicate balancing act, but I think the tool box is full this year. EA's done a great job with 12. I'm interested to see how the day 1 patch and any tuner sets affect/improve things.

Quote Originally Posted by Koach Vonner View Post
    Steeler this will be my first year ever using sliders. I like the fact that it's on All-American I'm just a little concerned about 8 mins as I am a coach in real life and I'm busy during FB season? Have you ever done them on 7 min qts?

Also, when will the human vs. CPU levels be out? Or am I confusing what sliders really are? Maybe it's only qt mins and game speed?
    Actually, I use 9-minute quarters. For me, this works best because I get a realistic number of snaps. Once I get a good snap count, I can focus on the numbers - how many yards, turnovers, sacks etc. Once the numbers are good, the question becomes "how am I getting those numbers?"

For example, if I want 4 yards per carry, and get it, did I have a bunch of 1 yard runs and a 50-yarder? Did I just have a bunch of 3-5 yard runs? Or, did I have a good mix? You want a good mix, you don't want any guaranteed success (ie I can run for 100 yards no matter what), and the game has to feel good. All of that, while keeping it challenging and having the CPU remain competitive.

As for 7-minute quarters, they're not for me. By playing a "shortened" game, concessions have to be made (ie can I live with unrealistic raw totals, or do I get good totals at the expense of high averages?).

My recommendation to anyone who wants/needs shorter quarters would be to take my sliders (or any set that suits you) and either play them "as is", or "dumb down" the defenses a little to get the raw totals (yards, points etc) that you're looking for.

I will post my sliders (User/CPU) before the 12th. That said, they'll likely still be a WIP as a patch, and potentially a tuner set, will be arriving at/around launch.

With the results you're getting these look great. I didn't think I would have to use sliders this year but I might not be able to pass these up