Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Oneback's Media

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by rhombic21 View Post
    The play at the 7:44 mark is the kind of thing with run pursuit that is troubling to me. The OLB completely gives up outside leverage, and then the CB goes for the QB and leaves the pitch man when he has help from inside pursuit. Both ILBs take horrible angles that essentially take them totally out of the play. Rather than pursuing laterally, they try to blitz through the A gaps and end up getting completely sealed off and losing pursuit.
    so youre saying that at the snap the blitzers should check out of it and immediately flow pursuit? i wish that i lived in the land of that kind of defensive play... where everyone played perfectly every play and never made a mistake... even when they have been told to blitz they just scrap what the coach says and react to the play and make a TFL...

smh

"E"

The play at the 7:44 mark is the kind of thing with run pursuit that is troubling to me. The OLB completely gives up outside leverage, and then the CB goes for the QB and leaves the pitch man when he has help from inside pursuit. Both ILBs take horrible angles that essentially take them totally out of the play. Rather than pursuing laterally, they try to blitz through the A gaps and end up getting completely sealed off and losing pursuit.
    I could be wrong but it looked as though they were in Cover 2 so the corner would have force responsibility and the safety should have the alley. The corner played correctly but because the safety took two steps forward he was out of position and got blocked by the A-back. As for the OLB he wouldn't have been a factor even if he had played as a box end as I would have just run underneath him. If they were in Cover 2 the OLB would have had cutback responsibility which means he would read the block progression, attack blocker and control him. Work out along the line of scrimmage and not overrun the ball.

The OLB attacked the blocker and forced me to pitch the ball so he did his job, the mis-steps by the safety is what gave up the yards...not sure what his ratings are or even if it would have mattered but thats where the problem was.

Quote Originally Posted by xGRIDIRONxGURUx View Post
    so youre saying that at the snap the blitzers should check out of it and immediately flow pursuit? i wish that i lived in the land of that kind of defensive play... where everyone played perfectly every play and never made a mistake... even when they have been told to blitz they just scrap what the coach says and react to the play and make a TFL...

smh

"E"
    I may have read it wrong, it looked like they were essentially just running after the guy with the ball, rather than necessarily reacting to a blitz assignment. I'm not sure why an ILB on the weak side of the formation would think that it's a good idea to run into the A gap when he has motion going away from him and the run action after the snap indicates outside option. The FB (who should probably be their key on this particular play) immediately opens up to the outside, which should signal to both players that they need to flow laterally. If they had a blitz assignment then it's not as much of a problem, though the issues with the OLB and CB remain. If the ILBs had reacted correctly, then they are able to eat up the block that took out the SS, freeing him to make the play on either the QB or the pitch man (depending on who the CB took).

The issue isn't so much that guys should play things perfectly all the time, and if this was a one time thing then it's no big deal. Obviously it's tough to judge based on a limited sample size, but that type of play (load option from under center) was overpowered on NCAA '11 (even moreso from tight formations like Wishbone) due to the defensive AI issues that I outlined above (which were present irrespective of the ratings of the players that were involved), so my concern is that those same things will continue to be in the game on NCAA '12.
    Last edited by rhombic21; 07-02-2011 at 05:16 PM.

1back,

less triple option, bro. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Keontez View Post
    1back,

less triple option, bro. lol
    I used triple, speed, midline, fb zone and toss. I played around with trap but I'm not liking the results thus far, I think the long trap play needs to be turned into counter option but the puller takes a downhill path instead of a kickout/wrap path.

I htink its more the fact you never left the 1st page of the flexbone sets when you called a play. Thus we can't see what is in the book if anything has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Keontez View Post
    A bunch of us flexbone guys would love to see Georgia Tech playbook. We understand that a Army Navy game was done but we really couldnt see our base formations Normal and Close. If you could do a vid just going through theses sections, it'll be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Salukifan View Post
    I htink its more the fact you never left the 1st page of the flexbone sets when you called a play. Thus we can't see what is in the book if anything has changed.
    I'll put together a quick clip going through the Flexbone Normal and Flexbone Close formations through the custom playbooks interface to let you guys see all of the plays included. It likely won't be available until very late tonight or early tomorrow.

at 4:59 in the ND Airforce game, Dane Crist tries to lateral the ball to Cierre Wood, however it is tipped, and instead of the defense picking it up the refs blow it dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Downinthebend View Post
    at 4:59 in the ND Airforce game, Dane Crist tries to lateral the ball to Cierre Wood, however it is tipped, and instead of the defense picking it up the refs blow it dead.
    I noticed that too. It should have been a fumble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a play very similar to that early and it also was ruled a dead ball so I went into the replay and for the one I saw, the pitch was EXACTLY perpendicular to the QB... I'm not sure if that is supposed to be a fumble or not but just thought I'd throw that out there. This looks to be a similar case.

That said, I have seen pitches that hit the dirt and are correctly called a fumble so it's not something that is completely broken (if it technically is at all).

Part 2 of the Notre Dame at Air Force game is up:

http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/for...ll=1#post75869

What the heck is #45 doing on that long TD run early in the video (1:38)? He essentially just stops playing for no reason.

What's up with that skinny post at the 3:25 mark. The MLB completely ignores the slot receiver, and it's not clear what else he would be focused on.

At the 4:00 minute mark the AI HB breaks a long run and looks like he could have scored, but he seems to just run into the defender for no real intelligent reason.
    Last edited by rhombic21; 07-02-2011 at 06:46 PM.

gschwendt

Thank much appreciated

The play at 5:30, ( ND AIR FORCE PART I ) I think its QB Dart or QB Wrap, I don't understand the reads, also the cpu is retarded that it slid instead of getting the first down.

What the heck is #45 doing on that long TD run early in the video (1:38)? He essentially just stops playing for no reason.
    I don't think the logic is in for this situation so the defender chases his assignment. In real life the defender would take away the pitch with body position, force the QB to cut inside and make a tackle.

What's up with that skinny post at the 3:25 mark. The MLB completely ignores the slot receiver, and it's not clear what else he would be focused on.
    I'm not sure. I was thinking the same thing during the game, maybe he got so used to me using him and stopped thinking about what he needed to do .

At the 4:00 minute mark the AI HB breaks a long run and looks like he could have scored, but he seems to just run into the defender for no real intelligent reason.
    Not sure but a clip of that run has been passed on to EA.

The play at 5:30, ( ND AIR FORCE PART I ) I think its QB Dart or QB Wrap, I don't understand the reads, also the cpu is retarded that it slid instead of getting the first down.
    It's QB Read and the QB should basically follow the pulling lineman through the hole. I believe that slide or "go down" annimation is a new annimation this year as you will see it from time to time. I agree he should have pushed forward for the 1st down.

#1 has been a problem for a long time not just in '12

#2 seems to me that once he released that guy as a vertical threat he didnt sink like he should with no under threat

#3 if you look that was no huddle and WR #7 running the ball... so maybe ratings caused him to not cut away from pursuit after they caught up to him?

"E"

I don't like how the ND CPU would come out in a 5 WR set then no huddle into a 1 HB set and hand it off, in real life they would just have one of the receivers be a HB

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    Pitt at WVU (wearing PCs) is captured... should be up late tonight.

I apologize, I forgot that you requested night time so it just used my system clock (which was from 15 minutes ago) so it used an afternoon daylight.
    That's okay. Thanks for the upload!

At 0:25 of the nevada game, the announcers are clueless.

I really like the pistol.