Thread: gschwendt's random thoughts on NCAA Football 12

• Facebook
  • Display

gschwendt's random thoughts on NCAA Football 12

This will basically be whatever comes across my mind while I'm playing the game, etc.

Right now in practice mode...

Something that appears to be a side-effect blessing from the non-warping receivers is that more passes will hit the dirt. Just saw threw a pass to the TE and on last years game, he would have warped to the ball (though most likely dropped it). This year though, there was a good yard or so between him & the ball and he couldn't get to it.

Just recorded a video of me going through the Custom Playbook creation start to finish... the video in it's raw format was 26 minutes long so I had to speed it up to 1.8x the normal speed in order to fit in the 15 minute Youtube limit. Rendering the video now, will try to upload this evening but it will likely take about 2 hours for me. If not this evening, then definitely overnight tonight.

This will probably cause quite a stir with some folks. The highly requested Revo Speed helmet that quite a few players use (ex. Taylor Martinez of Nebraska) is not in the game. The Robot version of it is available but not the QB/standard version.

Pistol Read Option hand-off to the HB is working in the final retail version. I also experienced the issue with not being able to hand it off in the demo but I tested it using FSU's Pistol - Spread and it's working as correctly.

I'm clocking-out for the night. Tomorrow I'll be hit or miss during the day but should be right back at it after 5pm CT.

Pretty cool (fairly minor) change in that whenever you're creating highlight clips, the Broadcast Camera now will usually have 2-3 different camera choices... just go back and re-watch it to see the other camera options. Definitely nice addition.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    just go back and re-watch it to see the other camera options. Definitely nice addition.
    That was in '11, but not for every play type. Defensive plays, for example, didn't usually have more than one angle. But big running or passing plays definitely did.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    That was in '11, but not for every play type. Defensive plays, for example, didn't usually have more than one angle. But big running or passing plays definitely did.
    Yeah, knew it was in NCAA11 but a large amount of the time (even on big plays), there weren't multiple options, or at least I wouldn't see it in the 2-3 times I'd re-watch it. This year though not only are the multiple options, the camera options themselves seem better.

Cool Game Track moment... the CPU DE has 3 sacks on the day so far and I'm taking over with just over a minute remaining, down 3 points. The queue a Game Track moment talking about the DE's day so far and then mentioning something along the lines of he's going to have to keep it up and will need help from his teammates to finish this game off.

ASU HB#43 with a 20 yard rush up the middle on a read option
    http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/79925522

Less highlight and more humorous... video & corresponding photo
    http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/79925562
    http://www.easports.com/media/play/image/79925488

Small, but interesting touch... the UCLA Pistol formations are labeled as Revolver. I'm fairly certain it's the same exact depth, plays, formations, etc. but it's the first that I've seen an entire formation set with a unique label.