Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Paakaa10 Media Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    Team(s) in Screenshot:Boston College vs UConn
    Uniforms in Screenshot (if that matters): BC all gold uniform/UConn blue pants
    Home Field in Screenshot (if that matters): Snow game
    Action in Screenshot: no preference

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by Paakaa10 View Post
    For what it's worth, I did pass along the screenshot I took as well as the helmet close-up you posted here, mors. I honestly don't know if anything can be done with that feedback this year, but I didn't want you to think that it hadn't been noted and sent.
    Thanks man. I figured there wouldn't be able to be anything done about it this year, but oh well. Funny thing is, I appear to be the only WVU person that's actually paid attention to the fact that it's blue and not black.

Team(s) in Screenshot: Wisconsin and Nebraska
    Uniforms in Screenshot (if that matters):no preference
    Home Field in Screenshot (if that matters):Wisconsin night
    Action in Screenshot:no preference

Quote Originally Posted by illwill10 View Post
    Can I get USCe vs. UNC(Alt Jersey) in the snow in the daytime
    Really like how this played out; the WR has his hands on the ball but you can see the DB getting ready to swat it out; play ended as an incompletion.

Quote Originally Posted by OSUCowboyofMD View Post
    Maryland vs Miami at Byrd
    Yellow Uni
    Live Weather
    Though the color is a bit garish, I do like how the Maryland uniforms seem to always employ the tortoise-shell design on the shoulders:

Quote Originally Posted by razorback44 View Post
    Team(s) in Screenshot:Boston College vs UConn
    Uniforms in Screenshot (if that matters): BC all gold uniform/UConn blue pants
    Home Field in Screenshot (if that matters): Snow game
    Action in Screenshot: no preference
    The HDR lighting is really something this year; those are BC's all-gold uniforms, but because there's so much white going on with the snow--and the gold is such a pale color--it washes out the coloration.

That's pretty cool. I'm really liking this new lighting system they put in.

Quote Originally Posted by PDDollars View Post
    Team(s) in Screenshot: Wisconsin and Nebraska
    Uniforms in Screenshot (if that matters):no preference
    Home Field in Screenshot (if that matters):Wisconsin night
    Action in Screenshot:no preference

Great shot with the band in the stands, thanks!

Team(s) in Screenshot: Clemson vs. Georgia
    Uniforms in Screenshot (if that matters):Black UGA jersey
    Home Field in Screenshot (if that matters):Georgia rain night
    Action in Screenshot:Sack by Clemson

illwill, if you're going to bring requests from OS over to here, at the very least, give us credit but preferably link to where you got it from. Otherwise, random lurkers on OS might not be aware that you're not the ones providing them, that you're in fact just copying & pasting them from elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    illwill, if you're going to bring requests from OS over to here, at the very least, give us credit but preferably link to where you got it from. Otherwise, random lurkers on OS might not be aware that you're not the ones providing them, that you're in fact just copying & pasting them from elsewhere.
    Definitely will give your deserved credit

Figured I'm overdue uploading an image of the Tulsa football team, and thought this was a cool jumping catch attempt; unfortunately the DB was able to break it up:

I can't fulfill this screenshot request perfectly anyway because Georgia only has home and away uniforms in the game this year. Did some research and saw this:

In 2007 Georgia introduced black jerseys, wearing them twice (with the red helmet and silver pants) in games against Auburn and Hawaii. Georgia stopped wearing the black jerseys in 2008 after a loss to Alabama, and have apparently discontinued them. In 2009 they wore black helmets (white stripe, red facemasks) and black pants with their white jerseys, immediately discarding those uniforms after a loss to Florida.

Georgia seems pretty superstitious about any changes to the uniforms, eh?

I will also. I also posted an Ohio State picture but forgot to give credit where it's due. Sorry about that. Not trying to ruffle any feathers

Not a problem guys and I hope I didn't come across as a dick, I just noticed in that thread that there seems to be some confusion as to who has the game and who doesn't. I'm sure it's completely unintentional but at the same time, just wanted all of Brian's (and everyone here) hard work to be appreciated.

And I'd be doing my in-laws a disservice if I didn't post at least one screenshot of Michigan:

That's all the screens I'm able to get to for now; keep the requests coming and I might be able to fulfill some later. As I said in the first page of the thread, however, there will be some "down days" with the Fourth of July weekend and associated activities in the "real world"; I also will need to commit serious amounts of time to video production beginning next week, so I'll have limited time to fulfill requests.

If you are sourcing requests from other sites, all I ask is that you give me credit if you link the pictures--just say "Paakaa10 is taking these screens" or whatever--and use the following shortlink to link directly to this forum thread: http://bit.ly/lgnCME. Be sure also to mention The Gaming Tailgate as a resource for pre-release information and media on the game.

I don't want to have to start watermarking my images, because that will increase the amount of time it'll take between when I capture an image and when I post it here. I will take that extra time, however, if it proves necessary.

Though the color is a bit garish, I do like how the Maryland uniforms seem to always employ the tortoise-shell design on the shoulders:
    Fantastic great! Looks like its gonna be a blackout though for our opening Monday night game.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    Funny thing is, I appear to be the only WVU person that's actually paid attention to the fact that it's blue and not black.
    Out of sheer curiosity, I tried to find some pictures from the 2010 Backyard Brawl (the game between Pitt and WVU where the Pro Combat uniforms were worn); it's really difficult to find anything close to the action or large in terms of file size, but here's a picture I found which makes me curious whether or not the WVU helmet design was changed between the initial announcement and when they were actually worn on the playing field:

The stripe looks more blue in that shot, and compares more favorably to the shot I captured in-game:

Now, I'm not going to rule out that it might just be the lighting or the low quality of that photograph which makes the color look blue instead of black. That said, when I open up the photo and the screenshot from the game in MS Paint, the color is just about the same when I use the "eyedropper" to check it.

Just wanted to share.

EDIT:
    Here's a much larger photograph that just came up through Google search; still doesn't add anything definitive though:
    Last edited by Paakaa10; 07-02-2011 at 02:32 PM.