Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Playbook Questions

• Facebook
  • Display
    Here's my Custom Playbooks walkthrough video. As mentioned before, I had to increase the speed to 1.8x normal speed so that I could fit the entire walkthrough inside a 15 minute video. If you have any desire to see something different from a Custom Playbook walkthrough, let me know and sometime over the weekend or early next week I can put another one together.

Are you guys planning to post pictures/videos of custom playbooks? There's a lot in there I'm eager to see, especially new formations.

Edit: LOL. Must have posted this at the same time you were putting up the video. Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    Does the theory of taking out plays that you don't want to be formation audibles and it replacing them with relatively like plays work? Messin' around with it, what happens if you don't choose a run play at all? Does it choose a pass play for the run audible instead?
    Haven't totally got my head around the entire thing but so far here are some thoughts on it.

1) If you don't have a run play in your formation, you won't have a "down" formation audible
    2) If you don't have a play that the game considers a quick pass, you won't have a "up" formation audible (obviously same applies for PA & Deep Pass in general)
    3) Strangely had a Strong I - Normal Corners Strike considered as a PA... had several plays I thought would be deep passes and none of them were picked up for the "right" formation audible.
    4) The theory of removing all running plays except for the one you want as your "down" formation audible, saving your playbook, then reloading and adding run plays back will not work.
    To test the theory, I removed all run plays from Strong I Normal except FB Dive. Saved, went to practice to test, FB Dive was "down" formation audible. Went back into playbook, added in HB Toss (so as not to confuse it with the default down audible, HB Dive). Saved it, went back to the practice field and HB Toss was now my new "down" formation audible.

Like I said... still trying to get my head wrapped completely around it but best I can tell you won't necessarily be able to "customize" your formation audibles like some had hoped. Obviously you'll still have formation audibles so long as you have a play that matches the criteria, just not any customization in my experience so far.

well bummer... but at least the game doesn't crash...

win some lose some....

and very cool on the video I will check it once home... Last late night reference session of the summer semester...

8 weeks until my next one...
    Last edited by Salukifan; 06-29-2011 at 10:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    Here's my Custom Playbooks walkthrough video. As mentioned before, I had to increase the speed to 1.8x normal speed so that I could fit the entire walkthrough inside a 15 minute video. If you have any desire to see something different from a Custom Playbook walkthrough, let me know and sometime over the weekend or early next week I can put another one together.

listening to the audio of this vid is pretty funny, especially the espn segment.

Just looking through the Video and what you guys told them must appears to have made a big difference. I see alot of constraint plays added, this was long overdue solution to people keying the automotion.

I'm sure we'll get a defensive video soon...so I won't ask.

Good work all around folks.

Thanks for showing us what the short snap was. To those who dont want to take the time to search through the video, it is an air raid formation with mesh and some plays that Arizona State and Oklahoma State ran.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Haven't totally got my head around the entire thing but so far here are some thoughts on it.

1) If you don't have a run play in your formation, you won't have a "down" formation audible
    2) If you don't have a play that the game considers a quick pass, you won't have a "up" formation audible (obviously same applies for PA & Deep Pass in general)
    3) Strangely had a Strong I - Normal Corners Strike considered as a PA... had several plays I thought would be deep passes and none of them were picked up for the "right" formation audible.
    4) The theory of removing all running plays except for the one you want as your "down" formation audible, saving your playbook, then reloading and adding run plays back will not work.
    To test the theory, I removed all run plays from Strong I Normal except FB Dive. Saved, went to practice to test, FB Dive was "down" formation audible. Went back into playbook, added in HB Toss (so as not to confuse it with the default down audible, HB Dive). Saved it, went back to the practice field and HB Toss was now my new "down" formation audible.

Like I said... still trying to get my head wrapped completely around it but best I can tell you won't necessarily be able to "customize" your formation audibles like some had hoped. Obviously you'll still have formation audibles so long as you have a play that matches the criteria, just not any customization in my experience so far.
    Thanks a lot for doing that Tommy. Appreciate you takin' the time to do that man. It's unfortunate that it doesn't let you completely customize it, but it will still do what I want it to do by letting me, theoretically, change what I have for my PA Pass and Deep Pass setup besides the same old shit that they use for 75% of the formations by taking out those shitty plays to begin with.

Once a custom playbook is built, how are the formations organized in game?

Meaning, do they fall in the "traditional" NCAA order of heavy to light (for example, if I'm scrolling from top to bottom: Ace Jumbo, Ace Big, Ace Big Twins, Ace Slot, Ace Y Trips, Ace Spread)? Or are they organized alphabetically? Or are formations organized in the order in which you selected them?

I know we can reorder our plays.

If you have any desire to see something different from a Custom Playbook walkthrough, let me know and sometime over the weekend or early next week I can put another one together.
    If you do another custom playbook video, I'd love to see plays in these formations:

Ace 4WR
    Ace Bunch
    Ace Bunch Base
    Ace F Pair Twins
    Ace Panther Trips
    Ace Normal
    Ace Slot Y Flex
    Ace Tight
    Ace Tight Slots
    Last edited by Unconquered; 06-30-2011 at 04:41 AM.

Thanks for the video

I hoping somebody can figure out about the audible system so, we can know how to set ours up.

can you check which team has the most formations? least? thanks

The game's changing of the formation audible to HB Toss suggests that there's some kind of hierarchy for which plays are designated as formation audibles (with some not included in the hierarchy at all because they don't meet the basic criteria). Like, for running plays, it could be something like HB Dive > HB Slash > HB Blast > HB Toss > FB Dive, etc. For the deep pass form aud, the hierarchy might be something like 4 Verts > Deep Cross > Double Post, but Quick Slants would not be in the hierarchy at all for deep pass and thus could never be a deep pass form aud. Am I making sense?

Quote Originally Posted by jwallace0317 View Post
    The game's changing of the formation audible to HB Toss suggests that there's some kind of hierarchy for which plays are designated as formation audibles (with some not included in the hierarchy at all because they don't meet the basic criteria). Like, for running plays, it could be something like HB Dive > HB Slash > HB Blast > HB Toss > FB Dive, etc. For the deep pass form aud, the hierarchy might be something like 4 Verts > Deep Cross > Double Post, but Quick Slants would not be in the hierarchy at all for deep pass and thus could never be a deep pass form aud. Am I making sense?
    Yeah... that makes sense from my experience so far.

Another theory possible: the position of the play in the playbook in relation to other like plays. This stuff is crazy. EA's been pretty transparent about everything with custom playbooks, so I'm not sure why someone can't just explain specifically what the CPU's logic is for this.

Quote Originally Posted by jwallace0317 View Post
    Another theory possible: the position of the play in the playbook in relation to other like plays. This stuff is crazy. EA's been pretty transparent about everything with custom playbooks, so I'm not sure why someone can't just explain specifically what the CPU's logic is for this.
    I don't think it's the position in the playbook... at least not any of the custom ordering of the playbook, might be how they're listed amongst all plays but I don't believe that's the case either.. I tested that theory a little bit as well and based on my initial look, I don't think it effects it. In the run play example, I had the FB Dive at around play 10, and the HB Toss was around play 15 or so.

if they consider HB Dive the #1 choice for RUN AUDIBLE then i am set, thats what i hoped to be able to put in for all of my shotgun sets... this way i can call the triples and such and have that as my security blanket if im uncomfortable vs a front from a user

"E"

+1 same here.

Also one small favor can you go to the audible setup screen and see if we can flip the play there. It was something very handy in the last gen, that has been sorely lacking in Current Gen.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Salukifan; 06-30-2011 at 12:18 PM.

Anyone seen any goalline fades? If so how well do they play out? Are they like a real fade?