Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Playbook Questions

• Facebook
  • Display
    I'm curious about the absence of Speed/Power options from the ACE formations, none of the teams in the demo have any option plays from ACE. I was wondering if these option plays are now only in certain playbooks or have they been completely removed from the game?

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    do play action plays trully work at all? is there blocking? time to make a read?
    There has been in the demo, so I would assume so in the retail version. {shrug}

The PA HB boot screen is sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinWolv View Post
    There has been in the demo, so I would assume so in the retail version. {shrug}

The PA HB boot screen is sweet.
    maybe so, but I still want retail game assurance as with all things to do with this game ya' know- its sucked for years, has that actually changed?

I will check when I get home...only 1.5 more hours to go, then a 26 mile drive home.

Quote Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
    - I liked what you guys did with the playbook videos last year. With that said, will there be a video of all the formations/plays since custom playbooks are in the game this year? (specifically in the custom playbook screen)
    - How many formations are their with a TE/FB in the backfield in the shotgun? (Wing Offset/Normal Flex Wing-type of sets)
    Also with the 2nd question that I had, can you name them (if possible)?

I just want to know if the "Diamond" formation is in the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Koach Vonner View Post
    I just want to know if the "Diamond" formation is in the game?
    If by diamond formation you are meaning the formation oklahoma and oklahoma state used last year, yes its in the game labeled as pistol cross.

Quote Originally Posted by Unconquered View Post
    Not sure if this is the right category, but my questions don't really fit in any other categories.

Please answer me these questions three:

1) I'm a one back fiend. Are there any new Ace formations this year? I've seen footage of Ace Slot Y Flex, which is definitely new, and the custom playbooks video showed a formation called Ace Panther Trips. Can you tell me if there are any other new Ace forms? And can you confirm if Ace Panther Trips is in the game (if yes, a screen shot would be awesome).
    There are two plays: Y Over Fly Sweep and Y Over Dive

2) I'm hoping my favorite 3rd-and-short play is still in the game this year. It's Ace Big Wing PA Boot Slide. Please confirm if it's there.
    This is in the game

3) In NCAA 11, some teams had "hidden" plays/formations, such as South Carolina's Ace Big formation, which had Emory & Henry plays hidden in the back. Can we take these "hidden" plays/formations in custom playbooks this year? Specifically, can we choose Emory & Henry plays in Ace Big?
    Still searching

What does Hawaii's playbook look like? was there a lot of pistol added or was it kind of ignored

Thanks Oneback, but I think you misunderstood my first question (or maybe I wasn't clear).

What I want to know is this: Are there new Ace formations in the game? Is Ace Panther Trips one of the new formations? And if so, what does Ace Panther Trips look like?

Thanks again for taking the time to answer. I'm relieved that my Ace Big Wing PA Boot Slide is there. That play has such a nice flow ...

Yes, Ace - Panther Trips is in the game. Looks like it's a Y-trips with the TE flexed off and the outside WR is on the line.

One Ace formation that I dont think was in the game last year but I really like the initial look of is Ace - Tackle Over. Twin TEs to the left, Left Tackle moved across formation, and twin WRs to the right.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    Yes, Ace - Panther Trips is in the game. Looks like it's a Y-trips with the TE flexed off and the outside WR is on the line.

One Ace formation that I dont think was in the game last year but I really like the initial look of is Ace - Tackle Over. Twin TEs to the left, Left Tackle moved across formation, and twin WRs to the right.
    It was in...Boston College had it.

Thanks Oneback, but I think you misunderstood my first question (or maybe I wasn't clear).

What I want to know is this: Are there new Ace formations in the game? Is Ace Panther Trips one of the new formations? And if so, what does Ace Panther Trips look like?

Thanks again for taking the time to answer. I'm relieved that my Ace Big Wing PA Boot Slide is there. That play has such a nice flow ...
    I noticed right after I posted that I was replying to another question. I'll get that one covered here in a sec.

The Shotgun - Short Snap that we saw in one of the earlier Custom Playbook videos, it looks like it's just a Shotgun - Split Slot Offset but it has some plays that I don't think are in the standard Split formations. Namely is one that Arkansas State ran last year with a read on the FB and the HB comes around behind for a swing pass.

Not sure why it's called Short Snap as it appears to be the same distance as normal shotgun unless it's just a terminology that I'm not familiar with.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneback View Post
    If by diamond formation you are meaning the formation oklahoma and oklahoma state used last year, yes its in the game labeled as pistol cross.
    Thanks Oneback. If you go back in there how are some of the plays out if this formation? I would think this would be a great set to run out of.

Quote Originally Posted by Koach Vonner View Post
    Thanks Oneback. If you go back in there how are some of the plays out if this formation? I would think this would be a great set to run out of.
    I don't have specific plays but if I recall, there are only 9 or so plays available in it. A couple inside runs with the deep HB and at least one sweep with the up-HB (to the right of QB). Whenever I get my playbook walkthrough video uploaded, you'll see it in there.

Awesome -- thanks

can you see if USC has any Wildcat plays this year. Thank you

Just FYI, testing out the Formation Audibles in Custom Playbooks... I'll report what I find.

Just FYI, testing out the Formation Audibles in Custom Playbooks... I'll report what I find.