Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Playbook Questions

• Facebook
  • Display

Playbook Questions

Post your NCAA Football 12 playbook questions in this thread.

However, before posting please review the thread to see if your question (or one similar) has already been asked and/or answered.

Not sure if this is the right category, but my questions don't really fit in any other categories.

Please answer me these questions three:

1) I'm a one back fiend. Are there any new Ace formations this year? I've seen footage of Ace Slot Y Flex, which is definitely new, and the custom playbooks video showed a formation called Ace Panther Trips. Can you tell me if there are any other new Ace forms? And can you confirm if Ace Panther Trips is in the game (if yes, a screen shot would be awesome).

2) I'm hoping my favorite 3rd-and-short play is still in the game this year. It's Ace Big Wing PA Boot Slide. Please confirm if it's there.

3) In NCAA 11, some teams had "hidden" plays/formations, such as South Carolina's Ace Big formation, which had Emory & Henry plays hidden in the back. Can we take these "hidden" plays/formations in custom playbooks this year? Specifically, can we choose Emory & Henry plays in Ace Big?

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Does the theory of taking out plays that you don't want to be formation audibles and it replacing them with relatively like plays work? Messin' around with it, what happens if you don't choose a run play at all? Does it choose a pass play for the run audible instead?

-Is the inverted veer in the game?
    -Does the fly sweep that EA told us would be in the Weak I formation Y over, have constraint plays with it.
    -Would it be possible for somebody to make a walkthrough video of the Auburn, Wisconsin, and Oklahoma State Playbooks?

- I liked what you guys did with the playbook videos last year. With that said, will there be a video of all the formations/plays since custom playbooks are in the game this year? (specifically in the custom playbook screen)
    - How many formations are their with a TE/FB in the backfield in the shotgun? (Wing Offset/Normal Flex Wing-type of sets)

Quote Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
    - I liked what you guys did with the playbook videos last year. With that said, will there be a video of all the formations/plays since custom playbooks are in the game this year? (specifically in the custom playbook screen)
    We actually didn't put together the videos for playbooks last year... I did put together the spreadsheet of all playbooks though. That said, I don't know what I'll be doing in terms of that this year since as you mentioned, custom playbooks are already in the game. I may put together a video of scrolling through every play available through the custom playbooks... but that likely will be considerably closer to release if not after.

-What is the breakdown of UC/SG formations in the USC playbook?
    -How many plays are in the "Diamond" formation?

Thanks!

Do the option playbooks have any new looks to them? I know Army used a unique version of the flexbone in real life last year. Looked almost like the wing T.
    at :24 second it slows down:

Quote Originally Posted by Gator3guy View Post
    Do the option playbooks have any new looks to them? I know Army used a unique version of the flexbone in real life last year. Looked almost like the wing T. at :24 second it slows down:
    Talking with the Playbook Guy for EA (Anthony White), he mentioned that they don't have the Army offense in the game this year since they received a good footage to work with too late in the year. However, that said, he did say that it was from that specific game (Army at Rutgers) and he sounded confident that it would be available in next year's title.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    Talking with the Playbook Guy for EA (Anthony White), he mentioned that they don't have the Army offense in the game this year since they received a good footage to work with too late in the year. However, that said, he did say that it was from that specific game (Army at Rutgers) and he sounded confident that it would be available in next year's title.
    Alright thanks for the heads up.

I'm wondering if they added any power designed QB runs. Saw a few more teams running that type of thing last year, out of shotgun, where the RB leads and teams were pulling guards or sticking TEs over to the run side........kinda recall that UF playbook had something similar in the past, but hardly any other playbooks had something like that and I think it was only out of that Gator formation or whatever it was.

try to focus on some of the new plays EA said they added. If they work- how they work- if you like them ?

Saw a designed QB run in the Oregon playbook, in the weak offset shotgun formation or some name like that.

Just to let everyone know I will try to answer as many questions as I can tonight once I get home.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneback View Post
    Just to let everyone know I will try to answer as many questions as I can tonight once I get home.
    just a heads up we have an off night tonight and another 7 on 7 tomorrow... so you know im going to be jealous/envious/antsy/excited to get some feedback on some of the auburn playbook... huge Ducks fan obviously but just as big of a fan of Malzahn... so yeah ill try not to pester you TOO much... maybe only text you every 5 seconds or so? j/k

"E"

Can you tell me what run and shoot plays were added to the Pistol Spread and Pistol 4WR Trips.

If wouldn't mind a listing of both would be nice but I understand that is a lot and would take just the Shoot plays they added.

Also did they add any plays to Flexbone Normal Trips Left or Trips Right?

Mucho Gracias.

Would like to know what formations were put in the Michigan default playbook please. Assuming it is a 4-3 defensive playbook would be correct, I hope.

Curious to know if they have the play called "slant attack" out of shotgun bunch. Last year I only saw this play from Ace Bunch Base out of Rutgers.

Quote Originally Posted by xGRIDIRONxGURUx View Post
    just a heads up we have an off night tonight and another 7 on 7 tomorrow... so you know im going to be jealous/envious/antsy/excited to get some feedback on some of the auburn playbook... huge Ducks fan obviously but just as big of a fan of Malzahn... so yeah ill try not to pester you TOO much... maybe only text you every 5 seconds or so? j/k

"E"
    That'll match up pretty well with what I'll be looking at as well, based off some conversations I had with the playbook guys I am interested to see what has been added to the Auburn playbook.

do play action plays trully work at all? is there blocking? time to make a read?