Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The Gaming Tailgate has NCAA Football 12!

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    ...you cant be serious....? no way he got that much money for that...? I know people are gullible , but come on
    He bought our Fairdale Kings for a decent amount to protect his investment. I think he was gloating on OS and even posted a pic of his paypal account one year. I think it was almost $80,000 or at least $60,000. Maybe he was lying but he has done quite a bit to make this money. He was even interviewed by a bigger website which helped him even more.

Brian Kaldenberg offered $5500 for ncaafreerosters to make sure he made his money: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ready-lol.html

http://kotaku.com/5021711/once-a-lab...flame-passions
    Last edited by Rudy; 07-03-2011 at 08:01 AM.

Freshman
    Not surprised, since you have people who pay $3 for ONE bottle of water and pay $50 through $100 for HDMI cables & Cat6e cables. Heck Best Buy right now highest HDMI cable is 1,089.99 and it has 2
    3 customer reviews http://www.bestbuy.com/site/AudioQue...ustomerreviews

These are $659.99 with over a dozen customer reviews http://www.bestbuy.com/site/AudioQue...ustomerreviews

So yeah your average person is very gullible.

Seen many a roster website charge $20 for rosters and it been that way since the PS2 days

Pretty much all of those reviews are facetious.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    He bought our Fairdale Kings for a decent amount to protect his investment. I think he was gloating on OS and even posted a pic of his paypal account one year. I think it was almost $80,000 or at least $60,000. Maybe he was lying but he has done quite a bit to make this money. He was even interviewed by a bigger website which helped him even more.

Brian Kaldenberg offered $5500 for ncaafreerosters to make sure he made his money: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ready-lol.html

what do you mean he "bought" the fairdale king rosters? thats something fairdale did of free will, there was no copyright...?

what do you mean he "bought" the fairdale king rosters? thats something fairdale did of free will, there was no copyright...?
    He bought fkrosters.com from Fairdale. Fairdale took the money, and then turned right around and created a brand new website at fairdale-kings.com.

Pardon my language but I'd smack the sh!t out of someone if they paid a rack for a HDMI cable. I don't care how rich they are, thats just stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by JerzeyReign View Post
    Pardon my language but I'd smack the sh!t out of someone if they paid a rack for a HDMI cable. I don't care how rich they are, thats just stupid.
    Racks on racks on racks.

Freshman
    People love making it rain at Best Buy. And way too many people think price = quality

Quote Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson View Post
    And way too many people think price = quality
    That is true to an extent, but I agree that there's a point which makes that comparison ridiculous.

My favorite example of this is Nathan's Famous Hot Dogs:
    Nathan's began as a nickel hot dog stand in Coney Island in 1916 and bears the name of co-founder Nathan Handwerker, who started the business with his wife, Ida Handwerker. Handwerker, an employee of Feltman's German Gardens, was encouraged by singing waiters Eddie Cantor and Jimmy Durante, to go into business in competition with his former employer. Handwerker undercut Feltman's by charging five cents for a hot dog when his former employer was charging ten. At a time when food regulation was in its infancy and the pedigree of the hot dog particularly suspect, Handwerker made sure that men wearing surgeon's smocks were seen eating at his stand to reassure potential customers. The business proved immensely popular.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    That is true to an extent, but I agree that there's a point which makes that comparison ridiculous.

My favorite example of this is Nathan's Famous Hot Dogs:

bad example haha, I'm sure Nathan had healthier real hotdogs than we do today haha...today, they are just pink fat of some sort haha...and tomorrow is the 4th....

bad example haha, I'm sure Nathan had healthier real hotdogs than we do today haha...
    Actually, that's why it's a perfect example. Because he was selling his hotdogs for "only" five cents, he had to get doctors to eat his product while wearing their smocks, in order to convince Joe Public that his hot dogs weren't imitation or fake. For some reason, people thought that ten cents was the lowest price for a "quality" hot dog.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Thumbs down

I just checked his website and he's selling rosters this year for $39.99. Unreal! I wonder how many poor souls who don't know any better buy them?

Quote Originally Posted by NatureBoy View Post
    I just checked his website and he's selling rosters this year for $39.99. Unreal! I wonder how many poor souls who don't know any better buy them?
    It's such a rip off. That's why EA needs to improve the roster vault feature so people can get good rosters for free. If a casual fans doesn't know what name to put in he's screwed. I'm sure a website search can lead him to a roster creator but EA can certainly improve that feature a lot. Make a list of all rosters available and make it sortable by rating and number of downloads.

It's such a rip off. That's why EA needs to improve the roster vault feature so people can get good rosters for free. If a casual fans doesn't know what name to put in he's screwed. I'm sure a website search can lead him to a roster creator but EA can certainly improve that feature a lot. Make a list of all rosters available and make it sortable by rating and number of downloads.
    Honestly the way I look at it, its not my problem if people want to go buy rosters from him, I have bought stuff online only to find out later I could have gotten it for free (maybe through nonethical means, but I still could have gotten it). I don't think its EA's problem either if the guy wants to charge for them and people are willing to pay, they have included the feature, the year it was released they did advertise it, now if people don't do a google search and find others who are offering it then that's them. Not enough for me to get all personal with the dude even if he is a dickhead.

I am not disagreeing with your logic on the fact that they could list the rosters available.

And try to post all free roster info all over the place so people find it instead of that ripoff artist's page.

I wish I could get the game early. This is gonna be the longest week ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Theinfamous18 View Post
    I wish I could get the game early. This is gonna be the longest week ever!
    It always is the longest week of the year....welcome to the site!

Quote Originally Posted by Kansacity88 View Post
    Can anyone of the early bird gamers answer a couple questions for me?

In dynasty mode, can you:
    Create more than one rivalry? For example, if I put TCU in the Big XII, can I set them up with a rivalry game with Texas, Texas Tech, and Texas A&M?
    When starting a dynasty, can you swap out (in exchange for some TB schools) more than 12 teams? Or is it just still a limit of 12?
    You might want to ask this in the Q&A Forum like in the Dynasty & Coaching Carousel Thread.