Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gaming Tailgate has NCAA Football 12!

• Facebook
  • Display

The Gaming Tailgate has NCAA Football 12!

Beginning tomorrow, June 29th, the Community Event attendees will be receiving early copies of NCAA Football 12. With that, we'll be able to immediately begin answering questions, posting videos & pictures, etc. Essentially anything that you'll want to see from us in terms of the game, we'll be able to provide to you with the exception that they've asked us not to do any live-streaming.

In light of that, we've setup a new section of the forum that will allow us to organize that information which you may begin to start asking questions. Bear in mind of course, we will not have the game until tomorrow and obviously delivery times will vary. Also realize that while we will do our dead-level best to answer questions and provide what you request, we will still have the intent to play the game for our own enjoyment. So with that said, please use great patience in allowing us to respond.

Without further ado, Post Your Questions in the Q&A Section! Just be sure to use the proper threads provided.
    Last edited by gschwendt; 06-29-2011 at 01:58 PM.

Jesus. Two full weeks early? Have they ever sent out copies to various groups, certain/special people, etc, that early?

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Actually, yeah, they usually do Smooth.

Where should we ask questions related to playbooks and rosters?

Are you able to control wich unis you wear in RTG and can some one make a video on new equipment facemask and etc.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Jesus. Two full weeks early? Have they ever sent out copies to various groups, certain/special people, etc, that early?
    Last year we received our copies around this time but they put an embargo that we couldn't discuss the game until the Friday before release. This is the first that I'm aware that anyone has the game officially from EA and can provide this level of information, this early.
    Quote Originally Posted by th3 last tiger View Post
    Where should we ask questions related to playbooks and rosters?
    There is a ratings thread in there to ask about specific player and/or team ratings... or did you mean something else regarding rosters?
    As for playbooks, I added a thread for those as well.

Quote Originally Posted by champ195797 View Post
    Are you able to control wich unis you wear in RTG and can some one make a video on new equipment facemask and etc.
    Please ask all of your questions related to the game in the proper threads, otherwise we'll almost certainly lose them in the chaos tomorrow.
    http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/for...all-12-Q-amp-A

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    Actually, yeah, they usually do Smooth.
    Ahh, ok. I seem to remember, at least off in past years, it seemed like those who got early copies from EA, it didn't arrive until like a week or 10 days before release or something, not two full weeks. Either way, that's good for the people who will be asking questions all hours of the day. Glad they'll at least be able to actually get some answers for stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    Last year we received our copies around this time but they put an embargo that we couldn't discuss the game until the Friday before release. This is the first that I'm aware that anyone has the game officially from EA and can provide this level of information, this early.
    Ahhh, ok, that must be what it was that made me want to remember nothing coming out info-wise from you guys until a week or less before the release date, it was because of the embargo each year.

Pretty much, anyone that's going to do a review for the game, will be getting their copy around this same time. At least, it always seemed that way so that the reviews were ready to go either the day of release or the day before release.

Either way, that's good for the people who will be asking questions all hours of the day. Glad they'll at least be able to actually get some answers for stuff.
    As somebody who'll be getting an early copy, I'm prepared to do this:

...upon seeing the number of requests that we'll be getting between tomorrow and July 12th haha.

But it's all about the community, and the community is the reason all of us have been lucky enough to do what we did this year. It'll be time-consuming to address all of those requests, but also worthwhile.

GOOD LORD. Sounds great. I hope to see significant differences from the demo to retail respectively.

Quote Originally Posted by Paakaa10 View Post
    As somebody who'll be getting an early copy, I'm prepared to do this:

...upon seeing the number of requests that we'll be getting between tomorrow and July 12th haha.
    Don't forget and

I will also be willing and able to post vids, pics, & info but mostly next week. With it being 4th of July weekend & my GF leaving town for 2 months on Tuesday, next week will work best for me.

can u send your copies to the roster makers?

Quote Originally Posted by Boucher View Post
    can u send your copies to the roster makers?
    If you were receiving the game two weeks early, would you send it off to the roster makers and not get to play it all? I sure as heck wouldn't. Plus I'm sure EA has some sort of legal language that prohibits selling or lending the game off to someone else with a two week early community member/attendee copy.

If you were receiving the game two weeks early, would you send it off to the roster makers and not get to play it all? I sure as heck wouldn't. Plus I'm sure EA has some sort of legal language that prohibits selling or lending the game off to someone else with a two week early community member/attendee copy.
    I believe that would get us a free trip to the EA studio at Guantanamo Bay.

We will have a proper area for roster news and info around release when the roster editors including FAIRDALE KINGS and luvtotha9s get copies.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    I believe that would get us a free trip to the EA studio at Guantanamo Bay.

We will have a proper area for roster news and info around release when the roster editors including FAIRDALE KINGS and luvtotha9s get copies.
    Yeah, I can guarantee the legal minds at EA have all sorts of legalese left, right and center prohibiting that. Plus, though I don't know if doing something like that would be enough for EA to kick you off the Community Day attendee list, why even chance it. They'll get their copies soon enough, they all have their sources and hookups that they can get the game from early.

Plus, I like I said in my previous post, would anyone really honestly give up their copy that they are getting free from EA a full two weeks early just so some guy halfway across the country can work on rosters a couple days earlier than he normally can?

Spread the love and give away a early copy??

I am jealous, but at least I'll have the demo.