Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Dynasty & Coaching Carousel

• Facebook
  • Display

My question is we know that we start with a three year contract, but what type of extensions can we get? Is it just 1,2,3 years, or can you sign a five year deal etc?

Quote Originally Posted by HawkFan View Post
    My question is we know that we start with a three year contract, but what type of extensions can we get? Is it just 1,2,3 years, or can you sign a five year deal etc?
    and are you offered an extension every year if you are playing well. In 11 each season I would be offered a six year extension.

I believe the max contract length is seven years? Going off memory on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Geauxlden View Post
    If you're going to sim ahead a few seasons I'd like to know if teams still stockpile players at certain positions and neglect others, like having 6 QBs but only 1 RG and 1 LG.

Also, do you see players out of position on the depth charts? WRs playing CB because of a lack of CBs or CBs having lower ratings than the WR.
    Well one of the Tradition Sports videos answered my depth chart question. Around the 4:50 mark you see that a CB is the primary backup at LOLB and MLB.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Traditio.../1/3TzDyvSP3tk

Thats in his first season. Which would speak to the disrepair of the rosters currently as opposed to what they might be later.

True it is season 1 but I'm sure that the roster has been sorted by overall rating just like they are in future years for CPU controlled teams. Maybe it's just me but I wish the CPU actually factored in a player's natural position when organizing the depth chart. I'd love to see something from a few seasons into a dynasty that contradicts what this video showed.

Quote Originally Posted by jwallace0317 View Post
    It looks like coaching contracts, at least the initial ones, are 3 years by default.
    My question is we know that we start with a three year contract
    I've seen two year contracts as well, as the initial offer to a New Coach.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

episode 4

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Key question: Does PRESTIGE change if conference are realigned? AKA is conference prestige dynamic or at the very least can it be changed by the user???
    Would love to know this as well. Shouldn't take to long to find out in-game, just throw a bunch of the "traditional powers" in a conference like the Sun Belt, control one of them, go to recruiting and see what your conference prestige is.

@BdyDrpdKotaEC - I want to know if recruiting will be affected by the new coaching carousal or not? If so, how?
    This is from memory as I haven't started a Dynasty yet:

Throughout Dynasty and the Carousel, different ratings can be effected by your coach.
    - Progression: Your HC's Prestige can help your team progress more than others. The devs have said it's not a huge boost to be unfair, but it should help separate top teams and coaches.
    - I forget the category (Coaching Stability?), but it will drop if your coach keeps moving around and will be higher the longer he is with a school. This can help or hurt in recruiting obiously.

I'd have to look through all of the Recruiting Pitches, but those are two that come to mind in response to the question.

How are the FB recruiting? Last year it was almost impossible to sign a real FB and from the video everyone was a 2*.

In Dynasty, if you are a bad team, does attendance suffer (visually)? Do people leave the game if it's a blowout?

Quote Originally Posted by huntt26 View Post
    In Dynasty, if you are a bad team, does attendance suffer (visually)? Do people leave the game if it's a blowout?
    That's something I'm going to try to capture this evening. Yes, they should leave much more abundantly this year. I'm going to Super-Sim to the 4th quarter with a team like SDSU or Temple hosting a high caliber team to show the difference between 1st & 4th quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by huntt26 View Post
    Someone said in the demo that they didn't see it happen for a 31-0 score....two things, one in the demo it might not do this, and two, 31-0 may not be that big of a blowout for people to leave unless it's the end of the game.

I think this is a dynasty question and not a ratings question, but given how well spread out the ratings are for players (HUGE +) I'd like to see how progression is in the off season for a low prestige coach and a high prestige coach.

Would love a video featuring off season progression! Thanks!

Can u see sim a season and post the overalls for some of the recruits? This is important bc the rosters ovr ratings being streched out?

How much of in season progress are u seeing?

Would like to see what types of recruits the highest Sparq ratings guys are and how useful that will be as a tool to gauge what the overall will be of that player.

Noob question:
    What is Sparq and how is players rated by it

can we get a run down of highest rated freshman from recruiting pool after year 1 of OD
    not comprehensive, just the highest u see. Also how do recruits look in the post season recruiting part, same as last year?