Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Gameplay

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    Just my take but I'll probably wait a day or two before I start giving specific impressions of the gameplay. I want to be sure I have a fair amount of experience with it before I form an opinion.

Smart man

The juke move is the #1 move by a RB in open space IMO. Yet the juke appears to be useless now. Who thought this change was good? Will anyone even use it in NCAA 12?

One thing I would like tested is using a very weak team (user) vs. OU (CPU). My concern is the CPU return game. Is it overpowered vs weaker teams? Too many pancake blocks like in the demo? Things of that nature...

...and I'd also like to know the final score.

Parts 1 & 2 of Arkansas State (me) vs Illinois (CPU). Will upload Parts 3 & 4 tonight. Game is played on All-American with default sliders.

I love the fact that the grill on the gamingtailgate logo smokes when you open up the YouTube page.

Can't see It

Quote Originally Posted by Boucher View Post
    Can't see It
    What aren't you seeing? Both videos are public.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    The juke move is the #1 move by a RB in open space IMO. Yet the juke appears to be useless now. Who thought this change was good? Will anyone even use it in NCAA 12?
    I felt like it this with the demo. I hope they can tune it or loosen up the controls.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    I love the fact that the grill on the gamingtailgate logo smokes when you open up the YouTube page.
    Yeah, that is a slick thing. Nicely done whoever did it.
    ---

Thanks for uploading the vids, good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinWolv View Post
    Yeah, that is a slick thing. Nicely done whoever did it.
    Yeah... I have to admit I was pretty proud of myself when I put that together.

It's only a couple of kick offs but the returns seems a little overpowered. Are any of you guys concerned yet or do u feel you still need more data?

My main question though...can EA tune kickoff coverage/returns?

It's only a couple of kick offs but the returns seems a little overpowered. Are any of you guys concerned yet or do u feel you still need more data?

My main question though...can EA tune kickoff coverage/returns?
    They might be slightly overpowered at this point but before I commit to anything, I'd want to have more data. That said, I feel confident that EA can tune the coverage and/or return.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    They might be slightly overpowered at this point but before I commit to anything, I'd want to have more data. That said, I feel confident that EA can tune the coverage and/or return.
    Awesome...if they can tune it then it's really not a concern. Hopefully they can get a set a tuners out there fairly quickly based on the demo and you guy's input.

Thanks for the info/work!

You might want to mention the juke to the EA guys. It is a little too weak. I've had to go to the spin move as my #1 move. I hate that.

alright... i love the videos... seriously... for retail that is about what i had hoped/expected to see...

notables for me so far are @6:50 of the first video you see a DL jump to swat a downfield pass...the distance from QB to WR on the dig is 24 yards at the time of the throw so its the "low trajectory" and the DL jumps and doesnt quite make it... pretty refreshing...

also on the return game... i went back and looked at every return on kickoffs both HUM and CPU

1 - U 4-34
    2 - C 7-31
    3 - U 3-24
    4 - C 6-31
    5 - U 6-23
    6 - C 5-30

thats pretty average, i feel... would like to see higher rated teams and what the average is... and sorry G, with the way the CPU plays better this year on both sides of the ball especially with that scrmable coming into play BIG TIME now, i have to admit i gave Illinois a little fist pump when he scrambled in to tie you up lol

"E"

Freshman
    I think kick off returns is fine.........If anything let that player's return rating determine how well or bad he does on returns. Far as special moves go......Not only is the juke move under powered, by the stiff arm is underpowered as well.

Have any of you guys had your punt or FG blocked by the cpu yet ? This is something that needs to be looked at. Past 2 years kicking punts and FGs were automatic, they never got blocked by the cpu. Also can you do low and high hit sticks this year or is it just middle of the body hit stick ?

On the demo didn't matter if I pressed up or down, it was always middle of the body hit stick. I would love to do a hit stick that took out a runners legs out from under them.

And finally.....I noticed on the demo it seemed like the more you sacked the QB, the quicker he was to scramble and roll out & force passes. Did you guys notice that or am I just seeing things ?

I feel like even if I am running almost parellel with the defender if i flick the stick to cut to the inside of the field they will always turn back and tackle me? I always watch Devin Hester's return videos and once he makes a cut you dont tackle him. It seems the only way to have a chance in this game is if you flick the stick side to side a few times to get the stutter animation, which happens in real life but also ballcariiers can make one cut and go too without getting tackled

Hey G have you noticed a difference between high THP QBs and low THP QBs? Same with THA?

Can we get an officiall response about the ps3 retail version graphics...are thay much improved from the demo version?...I want an answer from a person that played the demo and the retail version...

Quote Originally Posted by pistonica View Post
    Can we get an officiall response about the ps3 retail version graphics...are thay much improved from the demo version?...I want an answer from a person that played the demo and the retail version...
    there are HD videos on here that show in game on PS3...

http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/for...es-Media-Day-1

"E"