Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Gameplay

• Facebook
  • Display

Gameplay

Post your NCAA Football 12 gameplay questions in this thread.

However, before posting please review the thread to see if your question (or one similar) has already been asked and/or answered.

Freshman

Multi-Player Co-Op?

I'm not sure if this is the right thread but this question didn't seem to fall into any of the categories clearly. For years my 2 brothers and I have played co-op where all three of us play on the same team (even back to the PS2 days where we would drive all over trying to find a multi-tap). When I fired up the demo, multi-player co-op was not available. Please, please, PLEASE tell me that this is only for the demo and that multi-player co-op will be available in the retail version!

Quote Originally Posted by Pantera1968 View Post
    I'm not sure if this is the right thread but this question didn't seem to fall into any of the categories clearly. For years my 2 brothers and I have played co-op where all three of us play on the same team (even back to the PS2 days where we would drive all over trying to find a multi-tap). When I fired up the demo, multi-player co-op was not available. Please, please, PLEASE tell me that this is only for the demo and that multi-player co-op will be available in the retail version!
    Are you asking about 2 players on the same console, 2 players online, or more than 2 players in any fashion?

Any improvements or success running the flexbone? Last year I could run it against the CPU but got shut down by a stacked box and blitzing from Humans. Part of the reason because the option passes often resulted in sacks? Are they improved at all? Overall impressions of the flexbone offense would be great. Thanks.

Any differences with the Return Game in the final build than the demo? Last year you couldn't get any yards on returns and now kickoffs are broken with ease. Is there more balance? Do converage teams stay in their lanes or are they all running in a pack towards the return man?

Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    Are you asking about 2 players on the same console, 2 players online, or more than 2 players in any fashion?
    2 players (actually 3) on the same console. Offline dynasty.

I wasn't sure where to post this so please move it if this isn't the correct thread. I'm interested in seeing if gameplay stats like pancakes, half sacks, and assisted tackles are properly recorded from actual gameplay. I know that they are recorded from sim action but I'm wondering if the new collision system has added more atkls and half sacks. We all know that user controlled linemen actually executed pancakes but they were never properly recorded, so I want to see if this bug was fixed.

One quick thought about gameplay as it pertains to comparing the NCAA Football 12 demo to the retail version of NCAA Football 12...

None of us had access to the demo until it was released on the respective consoles today. Chances are most of us will only have ended up playing a handful of games in the demo before the copies get in tomorrow. With the ability to release live tuner packs for the demo, gameplay will probably change in the demo; while some of us may hold onto the demo and keep up with the tuner packs, chances are that we won't be on the same page as everyone else with regard to how the demo plays.

Just something to keep in mind when you ask us to compare the builds against one another. Not saying that we won't be able to answer those comparative questions, but gameplay may end up being quite fluid because the demo will have access to updates.

My biggest complaint about the demo is the number of pancake blocks. On Heisman the cpu OL gets a ridiculous amount of pancakes. It's awful. Even on AA the Bama OL gets too many. Did you guys see this at your community days and what are your thoughts on this area in the demo and retail copies?

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    My biggest complaint about the demo is the number of pancake blocks. On Heisman the cpu OL gets a ridiculous amount of pancakes. It's awful. Even on AA the Bama OL gets too many. Did you guys see this at your community days and what are your thoughts on this area in the demo and retail copies?
    It was similar to the demo in April. In May, it was much better.

Thanks Steelerfan. That's a relief because sliders aren't going to be able to fix that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Thanks Steelerfan. That's a relief because sliders aren't going to be able to fix that.
    Just to add to that the issues with pancake blocks and the win/loss nature of the lineplay seen in the demo has been brought up to the guys at EA and we will update if we see the same in the retail copy.

For gameplay, many would like to know about the return game. If you guys could shed some light on what you are seeing on the retail side of things I'm sure the community would appreciate that very much.

I'd also like to ask about the DLine pressure on the retail version. I know Kwizzy mentioned in the Demo Impressions thread about he'd like it to be toned down slightly. I was wondering what your take is on that with the retail version Kwizzy? Anyone else can chime in on this as well as a comparison from Demo to retail.

Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
    For gameplay, many would like to know about the return game. If you guys could shed some light on what you are seeing on the retail side of things I'm sure the community would appreciate that very much.

I'd also like to ask about the DLine pressure on the retail version. I know Kwizzy mentioned in the Demo Impressions thread about he'd like it to be toned down slightly. I was wondering what your take is on that with the retail version Kwizzy? Anyone else can chime in on this as well as a comparison from Demo to retail.
    Yeah I will definitely be looking into that. I like that it's easier to get pressure I'd just like to see it take a little bit longer before the defenders come completely clean. This also goes back to the win/loss interactions that Oneback referred to. I'd like to see more interactions that aren't so cut and dry in every aspect of OL/DL interactions. I know I have personally included a chunk about that in all of my feedback this year so hopefully it will continue to improve in the future as well.

Thanks Kwizzy and Oneback.

I too would like to see the return game tuned down just a bit. I don't want to get into my league and have to onside or sqib everytime so they don't house a Kick-Off.

I take it some of you guys are getting the real version or final version of the game in a few days?

Are all the RB's that quick out of cuts? Big backs too? They have LaMichael James and Ruchardson quick as hell.

They also need to play and tweak the zone read a little more. QB still gets tackled quick when the DE chases the RB

Is it possible to audible from Wildcat formations? The inability to change a play from those formations largely killed their value for me last year. I understand the possibility for online exploits, but is it at least possible to audible on offline play now or dynasty?

Is the computer still calling timeouts with 2:01 left in the game? (very annoying in 2011)

Can we just get some bulleted style gameplay impressions from the final build?

Quote Originally Posted by umhester04 View Post
    Can we just get some bulleted style gameplay impressions from the final build?
    Just my take but I'll probably wait a day or two before I start giving specific impressions of the gameplay. I want to be sure I have a fair amount of experience with it before I form an opinion.