Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Football 12 Demo - Share Your Impressions

• Facebook
  • Display
    Won't get my hands on the demo until it's out later today on PSN, but here's a low-quality recording of some demo gameplay that I saw over at OS:

about to play now. Oregon v Texas, I'm Oregon. Heisman.

can i download this on xbox live if i dont have a paid subsciption?

Shotgun running ... I am very impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by fsuprime View Post
    can i download this on xbox live if i dont have a paid subsciption?
    According to the Xbox.com listing (http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Pr...8958?cid=SLink), the NCAA Football 12 demo is currently exclusive for Gold members.

ah thanks paaka, didn't want to bother turning it on and plugging in the cable if i couldn't get it

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    It's out for the 360 and it's a 2 GB download. PS3 about 7 ET tonight.
    2 GBs? Jesus Christ! I don't even have that much free room at the moment on my hard drive.

took 15 points in the 4th to win it 22-21. The Spread Option is gonna be one hell of an offense this year. Gameplay is similar to 11, but the tackling, better blocking makes it feel was more polished. Still wish there was more momentum, but I won't complain. Playbooks are different as far as scrolling through them, so that'll take some getting used to. Also, grass during gameplay looks the same as before lol. FSU/Alabama time.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    2 GBs? Jesus Christ! I don't even have that much free room at the moment on my hard drive.
    People who have the demo, can you check on the read option game please? When the DE crashes and you make the correct read and keep it with the QB, are you getting tackled for a loss because the DE changes directions and makes the tackle? Reading some stuff about that happening and if it's true I wanna make sure we let EA know ASAP.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    The grass is only different during replays and screenshots...

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    The grass is only different during replays and screenshots...
    Yeah, and I think those of us who attended the Community Events mentioned that the 3D grass is only really noticeable during replays and screenshots. The angle that you actually play the game from is not an angle that you would notice the texture of the grass from anyway. The 3D grass is a visual touch meant to enhance the quality of how the game looks when you capture video replays and pictures from the game for Dynasty Wire or to share to the web. Same with the blades of grass/pellets that get kicked up when you get real close to the action.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwizzy View Post
    People who have the demo, can you check on the read option game please? When the DE crashes and you make the correct read and keep it with the QB, are you getting tackled for a loss because the DE changes directions and makes the tackle? Reading some stuff about that happening and if it's true I wanna make sure we let EA know ASAP.
    I am not, on a 3rd and 3, down by 6, I ran a read option, DE crashed, I kept it (using Oregon) and definitely ran for a 60 yard TD to win it. I was like WOW.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Can you do coach mode in the demo?

playing on Heisman is such a challenge. 2 possessions with FSU, and couldn't move it at all. finally found a hole in the zone and scored, but it was very late in my progression. tied at 7 before halftime.

hey quick discovery, in the menu you can turn auto pass on (Coach Mode) and auto sprint off, auto strafe off, gives you more control.

Quote Originally Posted by xMrHitStickx904 View Post
    auto sprint off, auto strafe off, gives you more control.
    That was the same in Madden this current version.

Quote Originally Posted by xMrHitStickx904 View Post
    hey quick discovery, in the menu you can turn auto pass on (Coach Mode) and auto sprint off, auto strafe off, gives you more control.
    What about the actual physical Coach Mode? Not just turning stuff off and simulating coach mode, but the actual Coach Mode itself?

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    What about the actual physical Coach Mode? Not just turning stuff off and simulating coach mode, but the actual Coach Mode itself?
    oh, that's not in the demo, just the auto passing is. so it's not truly coach mode, just a sample of it.

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    That was the same in Madden this current version.
    i realize that, it just wasn't posted yet lol.

second game, Alabama beats me 17-14. Heisman difficulty, and difficult it was. When I found the holes in coverage, I was rewarded, but believe me, I feel like I scored only 7 legitimate points, which is good. Played the NCAA 11 demo yesterday, put up 35 with ease, the same amount when the 11 demo FIRST came out. This, is a challenge, and man defense can be beat with good route combination. Just running 4 verts and hoping that a WR beats a DB will result in some bad things for you.