Thread: All things coach mode now reside here

• Facebook
  • Display

All things coach mode now reside here

TGT was kind enough to give us coach mode guys our own section to allow us to talk about anything coach mode.

Thanks TGT and all you coach mode guys, let's fill this up and enjoy it.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie

Awesome.

Really excited that EA finally gave us a REAL coach mode again!

Yeah, I'm anxious to try it out.

If you guys get this downloaded today try to play coach mode on AA and see how it plays. I won't be able to get it downloaded and played till later tonight probably.

I played for a 1.5 games this morning, but didn't try coach mode or actually look for it honestly. Will try tonight.

Not sure that you'll be able to play the actual dedicated coach mode in the demo. To use it in the retail version, you'll either select the dedicated mode or at the Playbook select screen, you can change your controller style (like you could change to 1-button mode on '11) to Coach Mode, but I'm fairly sure the Playbook select screen is locked in the demo. That said, as someone else mentioned in the demo impressions thread, you can use the Auto-Pass feature which was in NCAA11, you just have to turn it on in the settings.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Closest you can get is turning auto-pass on.

From that, I've noticed that, on default AA, the passing game is surprisingly well done. Using Oregon against Texas, I went 15-20 and 4 TDs (don't remember the yards right offhand) and the CPU threw the ball VERY well. Made some great reads. Dumped it down when he should have. Hit a few BEAUTIFUL throws to the sidelines while trying to march down the field during the 2nd quarter to score without using all my TOs. Even threw the ball away when he needed to. Overall, I'd say the CPU passing game is pretty damn good (maybe even too good) on default AA.

Running game, unfortunately, is a different story. Straight, up the field runs, are pretty decent and Power-O can be ok as well, but anything revolving around the option game or the outside/counter running game is gonna need some tweaking.

Defensively, I played with Oregon and FSU, and, from what I saw in a VERY limited 2 games, it was definitely interesting. Got some good pressure. Blitzes actually work and zone defense is actually a good thing to use now.

Gotta say, overall, I'm excited for coach mode for NCAA '12. It could be a whole lot of fun.

AWESOME, I'll be playing all 4 teams in the demo with auto-pass on and give it a shot.
    Last year wasn't bad, but there was the obvious spread running issues but the power running game and passing wasn't bad at all so if they've improved on everything a bit and with better zone D, coaching carousel and custom playbooks this should well be the best coach mode experience since 06-07 on last gen.

In Coach Mode can you play versus another player?

I imagine you can otherwise how would it work on a OD when two user controlled teams faced each other?

I also have an concern about this then. I could see how much of a struggle it would be going against no huddle teams. It will be hard as fuck because they literally don't take any time between plays to look for the next play or give you like the default 10 seconds to get set up. Not only computers though but I could see some cheesers exploiting this. You won't be able to do adjustments nor physically control anyone yourself (hence coach mode) so your players will constantly be out of position and they'll call a certain play then just do no huddle the rest of the drive on your defense that's always out of position and not give you enough time to make presnap adjustments or cues.

Coach Mode OD that is being run by Coach Kernzy is here - http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/for...h-Mode-OD-(360)