Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "Coach Mode" Xbox 360 OD anyone?

• Facebook
  • Display

"Coach Mode" Xbox 360 OD anyone?

I've long been strictly a coach mode player since the old days of NCAA on last-gen consoles.

Just gauging interest here for a strictly coach mode OD.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    I'd be interested. Never really participated in a coach mode dynasty or messed around with coach mode much, but I'd definitely be interested in giving it a try if the dynasty wasn't worried about going super quickly progression wise.

Yeah it would be a very leisurely paced league, no big hurry. Us coach mode guys are much more cerebral and we like to really scout and plan for opponents and get together gameplans and such so certainly wouldn't be any more than once a week and maybe even longer depending on how things go or what everyone decided.

I'm interested in this.

Since you guys know more guys around these forums than I do spread the word and find out if other coach mode guys you may know would be interested. It would be great to get a dedicated coach mode OD going with 12 guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach Kernzy View Post
    Since you guys know more guys around these forums than I do spread the word and find out if other coach mode guys you may know would be interested. It would be great to get a dedicated coach mode OD going with 12 guys.
    You may want to look at OS or Utopia as well cause I don't think there's gonna be very many more people on this forum that are actually into coach mode stuff.

Yeah I will spread the word there as well as I'm members there but have really taken to this site lately as my home as it seems to be very active with great features.

It is.

Should we start gathering ideas here on how it should be structured?
    I figure we do the whole, work you way up thing so start at a 1* school as HC or I guess we could do coordinators if we want and work out way up the ladder. And as a twist so we don't progress too quickly you can only take a new job that is 1* higher than your current school each time you get offers.
    Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Coach Kernzy View Post
    Should we start gathering ideas here on how it should be structured?
    I figure we do the whole, work you way up thing so start at a 1* school as HC or I guess we could do coordinators if we want and work out way up the ladder. And as a twist so we don't progress too quickly you can only take a new job that is 1* higher than your current school each time you get offers.
    Thoughts?
    Sounds good to me either way. Starting as coordinators would make it REALLY challenging since you're doing coach mode anyway.

I'm definitely fine with starting at schools and working our way up and definitely agree that there should be a small amount of limit on how far you can jump. I think, for the sake of how far we may get in this dynasty, make it a limit of no more than s higher than your current position (so you can be a coordinator after being a coordinator) or no more than higher if you're jumping from coordinator to head coach.

That way, theoretically, by the beginning of year 4, you could have jumped from a coordinator to a head coach (year 2 become a coordinator, year 3 become a head coach, year 6 become a head coach).

I agree with mors that 2 star jump should be ok due to the pace of the OD being leisurely as spelled out above. If it was a fast-paced OD, then 1 star would make sense, but if it is only updating once a week or so, it will take quite a while to get through seasons.

Good call guys. I'll lean on you guys for the OD guidance, my expertise is strictly the coach mode side of things.

Count me in if not too late.

Definitely not too late. The more the merrier.

Good deal, 4 and counting now.

I'd be very interested. Right up my alley. My only concern is that, starting mid-October, I won't be able to play again for a few months.

Eh, play for a while and then set it on auto-pilot or drop out. At least you could play for a couple months? If everyone is ok with that?

Yeah the more the better for sure and if he wants to come back he can set to auto pilot or just drop and come back later if he wants. Us coach mode guys are very easy to deal with.

Absolutely. I've got no issue with that.

Time to start thinking about picking teams I think so we can get some info on them before release.
    Here is a list of all the 1 star teams.

Memphis CUSA
    Tulane CUSA
    UAB CUSA
    Army IND
    Akron MAC
    E Michigan MAC
    Kent St MAC
    W Michigan MAC
    New Mexico MWC
    Washington St P12
    Arkansas State SB
    FAU SB
    FIU SB
    Louisiana SB
    Middle Tenn SB
    North Texas SB
    ULM SB
    W Kentucky SB
    Idaho WAC
    N Mexico St WAC
    San Jose St WAC
    Utah St WAC
    Last edited by Coach Kernzy; 07-05-2011 at 09:03 AM.