Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: The Fast Food / Junk Food Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    McDonald’s Fighting To Be ‘Relevant’ To Customers, CEO Concedes

McDonald’s is losing customers, as the world’s biggest hamburger chain struggles to attract diners with its higher-priced sandwiches and new offerings like Mighty Wings.

“We’ve lost some of our customer relevance,” CEO Don Thompson conceded Thursday on a call with analysts.

The Oak Brook, Ill.-based company reported disappointing sales for its fourth quarter, as fewer customers visited its established restaurants. Guest counts at those locations fell nearly 2 percent globally and 1.6 percent in the U.S. in 2013, according to a regulatory filing. And McDonald’s expects some challenges to persist this year.

To win back traffic, Thompson said the chain will focus on speedier service, better value offerings and raising “awareness around McDonald’s as a kitchen and a restaurant” that prepares high-quality food. It’s expanding prep tables and plans to beef up staff during peak hours for better execution. It is also bringing in a new U.S. marketing chief, Deborah Wahl, formerly with homebuilder PulteGroup and automakers Chrysler and Ford.

Nothing against McDonald's - if can definitely hit the spot at times - but they need to realize their biggest problem is that you can go elsewhere for better burgers, fries, and ice cream. They can add all the new options & health items and blame the economy all they want, but they need to take a serious look at the quality of their core items.

Agreed, Chris.

I bought a strawberry shake a couple of years ago thinking I'd get the same pink mix that they peddled when I was a kid. Nope. What they provided was ok, but not what I wanted from them.

If I go to McDonald's I'm going to get core items: Big Mac, Quarter Pounder, McNuggets. The mushroom, guacamole, bacon, whatever does not interest me. It's McDonald's, quit trying to be something you're not and get back to doing what you do well.

Double Quarter Pounder

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Double Quarter Pounder

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    Wrong thread dude. I think you meant to post here http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/for...t.php?p=137110

Man I forgot how amazing the XXL Steak Nachos at Taco Bell are
    The dude abides.

Tried Subway's Fritos Chicken Enchilada Melt tonight. It's alright, but nothing really special. If the Fritos get soggy, it's sort of bland and meh. If the Fritos stay crispy, it's actually pretty good.

For $7.50, not sure I'll get again next time I'm at Subway. The pastrami was really good and I was fine with paying $9 for it, but $7.50 for Fritos Chicken, it can be hit or miss (one half of mine was soggy Fritos and not that great, the other half was still crispy and actually tasted better), so I might pass next time and either get pastrami (if they still have it) or go with one the staples that I know I'll enjoy for $6.50 or $9.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Subway has been pretty shitty for a long time truthfully. They've let their food get stale and boring. I haven't enjoyed a sub from them in a long time, and I've eaten there a couple of times.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    Subway has been pretty shitty for a long time truthfully. They've let their food get stale and boring. I haven't enjoyed a sub from them in a long time, and I've eaten there a couple of times.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    I agree that they've gone downhill in taste and quality, but unfortunately, Subway is closest and I actually go right past it on my way to work, so it's a more likely choice for me.

Only other choices, Dairy Queen, Domino's, Marcos Pizza, and KFC (DQ and KFC both right nearby, but Dairy Queen doesn't always sound good one day compared to the next and KFC is something I only get once in a long while). Everything else in town, it's a 5-10 minute drive (one way) to the north (Burger King, McDonald's, Arby's, Pizza Hut, Papa John's) or east (Wendy's, Taco Bell, McDonald's) side of town to get something.

Plus some days a sub just sounds good, unfortunately Subway is literally the only sub place in the entire town. We used to have a Quizno's, more expensive but they always had good quality meat and actually really piled on the meat, so you felt like you were getting your $10 worth as opposed to how cheap Subway gets with their meat when putting it on the subs. However, they shut down probably two years ago.

The fast food choices in this town, unfortunately, really really suck. It's nothing but major chains (Wendy's, Taco Bell, KFC, Subway, Burger King, Arby's, Dairy Queen and McDonald's) with some major pizza chains thrown in.

Nothing like a bit of Granny's Pie to satisfy the sweet tooth:

http://www.gourdoughs.com/doughnuts/grannys-pie/

Wow, some of those donuts look amazing.

From the appearances, it's only missing one thing.

Bacon.

If it doesn't have bacon, it's missing bacon.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlowe View Post
    Nothing like a bit of Granny's Pie to satisfy the sweet tooth:

http://www.gourdoughs.com/doughnuts/grannys-pie/
    Granny's Pie?

I was so scared to click that link because of what I may see.

Not too scared though. I clicked it.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    If it doesn't have bacon, it's missing bacon.
    This!

Just noticed that that donut place is in Austin. I'm going to Austin next month to see Carcass. I will have to make an effort to go to that donut shop.

Yes. Nothing goes together quite like grindcore and gourmet donuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Stan HAMsen View Post
    Yes. Nothing goes together quite like grindcore and gourmet donuts.
    Not to mention 6th Street and Hoek's Death Metal Pizza. I LOVE Austin!

http://www.hoeksdeathmetalpizza.com/
    Last edited by steelerfan; 02-14-2014 at 07:39 PM.

Man eats only McDonald's for six months....loses 56 pounds

John Cisna, a high school science teacher in Colo, Iowa, who gained national attention for his experiment, says he has lost 56 pounds, lowered his cholesterol and lost a total of 21 inches off his chest, waist and hips while dining only at the fast food emporium.

As enthusiastic as Cisna is about the results, even he’s incredulous about what he’s done. He documents his experience, which ends on March 15, in the new book, ”My McDonald's Diet.”

“It’s kind of scary to realize that in nine days, I’ll have spent half a year of my life eating nothing but McDonald’s,” he told TODAY.

“I’m not bored of the food, but I am missing other foods. I am craving seafood. In fact, my first night when I am done with this, I’m going to have some shrimp and some scallops and some salmon. Maybe some asparagus on a bed of rice pilaf.”

As Cisna first told TODAY in January, he followed a 2,000 calorie diet, using the daily recommended allowances for carbohydrates, proteins, sugar and fat; and he walked 45 minutes a day.

When the experiment began on Sept. 15, the 6-foot-tall teacher weighed 280 pounds, amounting to a body mass index (BMI) of 38, which is considered obese. Now at 224 pounds, his BMI is down to 30 -- still obese but very close to the overweight category.

Cisna said he had no problems sticking to his diet – except one time when he was waiting for a flight at LaGuardia Airport after a long day and couldn’t find a McDonald’s.

“I was starving,” Cisna recalled. “In front of God and the whole world, I admit that that night, I had a bag of cashews, an apple and a diet Pepsi, so that’s the only time that I have broken from the diet.”

While enjoying his weight loss, Cisna is particularly excited about the results of his blood tests: He says his total cholesterol dropped from 249 to 190, including a 25 percent decrease in his LDL or “bad cholesterol.” Despite concerns that he was eating too much salt, Cisna said his sodium levels and blood pressure are normal.

Well, well.........found this little family owned joint http://www.napsgrill.com/ about 35 minutes south of Missoula............in case of heart attack you guys take care .........