Thread: Mortal Kombat Rebirth

• Facebook
  • Display

Mortal Kombat Rebirth

All I have to say is WOW

Daaaammmnnnn! That looks awesome.

This looks amazing. Scorpion was my favorite character ever. GET OVER HERE!

So this is for a new game, correct? I saw some people on twitter wondering if it was for a movie or a game. I recognize a couple of actors, but the one I can put a name to is Jeri Ryan and her IMDB doesn't say anything about a Mortal Kombat film.

This is really cool though. If leading up to a video game, it's a pretty high quality production.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    So this is for a new game, correct? I saw some people on twitter wondering if it was for a movie or a game. I recognize a couple of actors, but the one I can put a name to is Jeri Ryan and her IMDB doesn't say anything about a Mortal Kombat film.

This is really cool though. If leading up to a video game, it's a pretty high quality production.
    Could be either. Nothing is sure yet.

Just as I typed the last message, a buddy of mine that knows a lot about these things says it's a legit movie.

From pastapadre:

A video related to the game Mortal Kombat posted under the account name ‘MortalKombatRebirth’, found it’s way onto Youtube earlier today. At first glance you really can’t tell if this is a trailer for a movie, or a teaser for an upcoming video game. Later, Latinoreview.com confirmed it is a test video shot for Warner Brothers to get funding for a new Mortal Kombat film. There are some familiar faces in the clip, and Latinoreview.com breaks it down:

• The short was directed by Kevin Tancharoen, who did the remake of Fame last year. Judging from this short, Kevin is the perfect director for this movie.
    • Jacks is played by Michael Jai White. Michael played Spawn and was in Undisputed II. Michael makes a great Jacks (Jax).
    • Sonya Blade is played by Jeri Ryan, who played Seven of Nine in Star Trek: Voyager.
    • Baraka was played by the very talented Lateef Crowder, who plays the Brazilian fighter in Undisputed III.
    • Scorpion is played by Ian Anthony Dale. Ian plays Kazuya in the upcoming big screen version of Tekken.
    • Johnny Cage was played by up and coming martial arts sensation Matt Mullins.

this looks pretty dope.